Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yo just so y'all know Black Suit Spider-Man is actually a proper 3.0 character with a force pull (web yank), launcher, air combos, everything. He's not just a reskin. Even his basic melee attacks have new animations.

He's the better of the two spideys by far and worth getting.

Ant-Man is my fav of the new Marvel stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The new Marvel Battlegrounds playset is out.

The story is a bit short, but the game is more about the challenges and multiplayer.

You can also pick up new characters AntMan, Black Panther, Vision and Black Suit Spiderman (Meh to this.)

Baloo is also out!

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Andrew_1985 posted:

Some bad news for PC players... new support has been dropped for 3.0. All current playsets and characters are fine. But Marvel Battlegrounds Playset or any new playsets will not be supported. Or New characters including Nick/Judy/Baloo.

Found this out after getting Judy and Baloo a few days ago. This really sucks.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Apparently some people who had the Apple TV version have had luck getting support to send them a copy of the game for the console of their choice to make up for dropping support for that version. I don't imagine this will work for anyone on PC or iOS/Android since those don't have physical sets but they might compensate you some other way if you're really frustrated with it (like giving you digital copies of your choice of character/characters).

In other news: Marvel and the DI crew recorded a reveal video for an upcoming figure (or figures?) so I guess we're going to see some additional Marvel stuff soon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Apparently some people who had the Apple TV version have had luck getting support to send them a copy of the game for the console of their choice to make up for dropping support for that version. I don't imagine this will work for anyone on PC or iOS/Android since those don't have physical sets but they might compensate you some other way if you're really frustrated with it (like giving you digital copies of your choice of character/characters).

In other news: Marvel and the DI crew recorded a reveal video for an upcoming figure (or figures?) so I guess we're going to see some additional Marvel stuff soon.

Glad you said Marvel, because knowing the last video it would just reveal the lame Alice movie figures.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Rirse posted:

Glad you said Marvel, because knowing the last video it would just reveal the lame Alice movie figures.

Speaking of which, it looks like those will be released on May 24th.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Hey, so I bought all my PC characters through the DI website. If I get a console version, am I going to have to buy a base and figures and stuff, or will my PC characters carry over if I link my account?

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Yes. The console games only use the physical toys.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Welp, there goes that idea. We just don't have the space and I really don't feel like buying them all over again.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

So, I've officially started a physical collection now. I can't believe I'm diving into yet another collectable, but at least it's a cool one.

I really hope they update the old play sets and toy box games to work with the current edition. As I understand it I have to have the 2.0 game to play, for example, the Guardians of the Galaxy play set, right? There's no way I'm buying 3 different versions of the same game to play with this stuff, whoa.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They're not going to do that unfortunately. Too expensive to do and more complicated than you'd think.

But at least it seems like they're doing a better job providing new content for older figures now, something 2.0 didn't really do.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

So I shouldn't even bother with anything below 3.0 then? Besides figures and discs, I mean.

The old playset interest me but I don't want to have to buy whole new games just to play them. Are there any old playsets that were good enough to justify that?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Overemotional Robot posted:

So I shouldn't even bother with anything below 3.0 then? Besides figures and discs, I mean.

The old playset interest me but I don't want to have to buy whole new games just to play them. Are there any old playsets that were good enough to justify that?

If you have a WiiU, you can download the software for 1.0 for free from the eShop. You still need the playset pieces, but the portal should work so long it not from the XBox version of the game. 2.0 on the other hand you would need to get the playsets and game still, but honestly I didn't like 2.0 all that much to really miss them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You can find the game discs used for cheap occasionally too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I got 2.0 for like $12 and it came with Merida and Stitch, neither of which I had, so I'd say there's some pretty solid sales on the old versions sometimes

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Overemotional Robot posted:

I don't think you're missing too much without them. I heard the Lone Ranger set was pretty fun, but I haven't actually played it myself.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Ok, cool. Thanks for all the advice! I've really been enjoying the Star Wars playsets so far so maybe I'll just stick with 3.0 stuff for a while and see what I can track down later.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Just a head's up, all of the 3.0 power disc packs are currently $1.99 at Best Buy. I was just able to get everything except the Tomorrowland stuff as store pick up for a little over $10.

Apparently a very limited time thing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We picked up Baloo last weekend. It's really a perfect Baloo figure. It's simple, but captures his charmes perfectly.

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I don't think you're missing too much without them. I heard the Lone Ranger set was pretty fun, but I haven't actually played it myself.

I would love it if Infinity would revisit Pirates of the Caribbean. I loved sailing with the misses shooting everyone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Welp Disney Infinity is dead. But at the same time I not surprise.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Are prices going to go down or up now as stores start selling off stock? Like there's probably a few figures I'd be interested in picking up for posterity's sake.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Imagine the stores will try to clear them out, then the prices might up a bit higher, like Syndrome level of $20. Doubt they will get to the peak crazy of Amiibo with 90 dollar Marth. I probably goign to sell off a lot of the characters I got that I got to complete groups but didn't like their figure as much like Poe or Obi-Wan.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rirse posted:

Imagine the stores will try to clear them out, then the prices might up a bit higher, like Syndrome level of $20. Doubt they will get to the peak crazy of Amiibo with 90 dollar Marth. I probably goign to sell off a lot of the characters I got that I got to complete groups but didn't like their figure as much like Poe or Obi-Wan.

I wonder when the people working on the game got this news. Like it'd be crazy to imagine they only just found out recently, as in like, a few days ago or so. But I'm really curious what stuff they working on as late as last month that will likely never see the light of day now.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder when the people working on the game got this news. Like it'd be crazy to imagine they only just found out recently, as in like, a few days ago or so. But I'm really curious what stuff they working on as late as last month that will likely never see the light of day now.

This morning apparently. Welcome to the joys of game dev.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rookersh posted:

This morning apparently. Welcome to the joys of game dev.

Ahhhhh poo poo what the gently caress. I feared that might have been the case. And man I really hope this doesn't end up being the case, but it'd actually be really lovely if, being one of the higher ups there, Johnny V. knew ahead of time and that's why he's currently on vacation.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Welp so much for all the hype of the expected reveals. I guess I can sell some of the figs now that the game is dead.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Wasn't there a goon working there? Sorry for your loss.

Edit: it was Mutata, he worked on the Inside Out play set.

Shawn fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 10, 2016

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yoyoyoyoyo got laid off today WOOOO!

The observant among us saw trouble coming around last earnings call when they had 1 sentence about Battlefront doing great and DI doing poorly. I've been operating under the assumption that I was getting laid off for the past week, but there wasn't anything overtly suggesting this was gonna happen until we had our all hands 3 hours ago. It hit twitter and news sites about 10 minutes after we all found out.

Thanks for the support, guys, it's been a blast. Sorry 3.0 didn't strike like we hoped it would.

Now I go to work!

https://instagram.com/mutatedjellyfish/
https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
3.0 is soooo good. I'm super bummed. I have the full 1.0 figure collection, most of 2.0 and a good amount of 3.0. I guess they'll stand as a testament to a great idea.

I wonder if this means Skylanders is also struggling.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Guess we won't be getting Peter Pan. Or Goofy. Or any of those other playsets and figures they said would be coming later this year.

Or a wide release of the King Mickey disc. :(

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
At least I got my King Mickey.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So what happened to the video Marvel said they recorded about an upcoming figure reveal?

Either way RIP, at least I got a lot of cool little figures and 3.0 has a lot of stuff to do in it.

I wonder if Lego Dimensions is suffering like this too. Maybe the toys-to-life thing is nearing its end.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

So what happened to the video Marvel said they recorded about an upcoming figure reveal?

Either way RIP, at least I got a lot of cool little figures and 3.0 has a lot of stuff to do in it.

I wonder if Lego Dimensions is suffering like this too. Maybe the toys-to-life thing is nearing its end.

Wouldn't be surprise. Amiibo is greatly slowing down since all the Smash characters are almost out besides Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin. And outside of the Splatoon line, I don't think they got anything else line up until the new Zelda next year.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I couldn't ever justify getting the software because it's, you know, simple kids games that don't hold a spell very well on a childless adult. But I always adored the figurines for being better than the usual non-collectors kids shelf junk.

Maybe I can grab a cheap Hiro & Baymax out of this.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

That sucks, mutata! My wife and son and I have a ball playing Infinity, so thanks for your hard work!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I haven't managed to get the Incredibles yet so I guess I should do that before they're impossible to find. That's probably the only little set of figures I still want and don't have.

Well that and the Finding Dory stuff but it's kind of sad that's the final set when it's the first aquatic one.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Kelp Plankton posted:

I've heard that Lego Dimensions wasn't doing any better than the Disney Infinity stuff so I think the Toys-to-Life is finally slowing down to a stop.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Sorry if I missed this, and I'm sure this is an obviously dumb question, but I assume this means they'll take down and stop serving the player-created content as well?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I fully expect servers to be mopped up in some fashion before the end of the year, but that's just me theorycrafting and not based on any actual information. DI as a franchise is cancelled, so I can't imagine them supporting it in any way for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Good luck with the jobhunt Mutata. Sucks that it had to be this way. :(

I'm both happy and sad that infinity is now dead. It was pretty fun and finally getting into it's own with 3.0

• Locked thread