Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

thehoodie posted:

So with Fallout 4 coming out, I decided I need to get into the next generation of gaming. Only problem is that I can't decide whether to buy a PS4, or upgrade the RAM and GPU of my few years old PC. They would be about the same price, more or less.

I'd also like to play Bloodborne on PS4, and there are probably some other exclusives that I'd play.

That's the struggle. Thoughts, goons?
Upgrade your PC now for Fallout 4, get a PS4 later for Bloodbourne and Nier 2 and the one or two other console exclusives you missed.

axleblaze posted:

So what's everyone looking forward to this month other than fallout?

Alain Post posted:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

axleblaze posted:

That's a worse answer than fallout tbh
BLOPS 3 is like the fifteenth Call of Duty game and all that, but it is the first to have full campaign coop since World At War and the MP Beta was really surprisingly fun too, so eh, you could do a lot worse than getting the BLOPS CODS and ignoring the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vl7k6ajS0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6teGsop4bM

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

axleblaze posted:

So what's everyone looking forward to this month other than fallout?

XCOM 2 uh...the new starcraft I guess.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

thehoodie posted:

So with Fallout 4 coming out, I decided I need to get into the next generation of gaming. Only problem is that I can't decide whether to buy a PS4, or upgrade the RAM and GPU of my few years old PC. They would be about the same price, more or less.

I'd also like to play Bloodborne on PS4, and there are probably some other exclusives that I'd play.

If you want to play PS4 exclusives just buy a PS4. Unless there are also PC-exclusive games you want.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

thehoodie posted:

Do you have a nice TV and a lounge area you can use when you want/have time for games?

How about your computer? is it stuffed in an office with an uncomfortable chair and a tiny screen?

I went the PC route since i have a studio apartment, But i do miss being able to lounge on the couch and play games while cooking food/ordering delivery.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thehoodie posted:

ps4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ofnyl reason to get a PC is foro poo poo like rts and mobas

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stux posted:

nnnmmOOUU. nmmmhhjh. NNMmgghoouu. jgj. Hgjjj.... lmfao. HTH.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stux posted:

It's also good if you want to illegally copyright violate your videogames instead of paying for them.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

net cafe scandal posted:

nnnmmOOUU. nmmmhhjh. NNMmgghoouu. jgj. Hgjjj.... lmfao. HTH.

He's kind of right tho.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Not really. You can actively avoid those genres and still be up to your eyeballs in games. There's like hella deals on games and there's also emulation.

EDIT: Also you can play GTA SA as Spike Spiegel :v:

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 1, 2015

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Was checking out a Japanese forum thread about the Halloween sale on Steam right now and one of the games they were highly recommending was this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/350620/

It's 39 cents on Steam right now. Get that poo poo, it's really cool. Looks like a gem that didn't get any attention so the developer decided to sell it for 90% off.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 1, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

:(

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

A Steampunk Gent posted:

My problem with The Witcher 3 is the combat is terrible and 50 hours in with no end in sight I just lost the will to keep hacking through waves and waves of trash mobs

The story was pretty interesting, just a shame about everything else around it

Set the game to the easiest mode, breeze through combat, see the story. If you don't want the boring game challenge, there's no shame in downing the difficulty that you find unfun.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I played Symphonia in high school and thought it was mediocre. A year later there was a group of kids that were always watching clips of conversations from the game in class and were even sharing some with the teacher, I thought it was bizarre since the game was 3 or 4 years old at that point.

thats my tales of story

I was Tear in a 4-player V.Hard difficulty attempt at the boss Arietta of the Wild. Everyone except me died, and I lived long enough to get them all on their feet and healed again, I say the fight took about 40 minutes, but you have to add another 20 of me running around and slowly getting enough TP to heal and raise. Especially since I ended up wasting half of it raising people who just died 10 seconds later.

PS2, 4-player splitter, there was good times with that gaming.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

What is this game and is it any good?

Looks neat

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
halfway

hope you like the first hour because nothing will ever change, and everything is slow as gently caress

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Love Stole the Day posted:

Was checking out a Japanese forum thread about the Halloween sale on Steam right now and one of the games they were highly recommending was this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/350620/

It's 39 cents on Steam right now. Get that poo poo, it's really cool. Looks like a gem that didn't get any attention so the developer decided to sell it for 90% off.

Thanks for the heads up, just bought it. Looks pretty original.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The camera in Warhammer 40k: Kill Team is not very good.

You might even say that it is completely loving garbage.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Ekster posted:

Thanks for the heads up, just bought it. Looks pretty original.

I've logged 2 hours so far -- it's legit fun and a really Good Game. The map design is cool, too. You get rewarded for exploring far off, hard-to-reach areas with bonus skill points. My favorite level so far is the wind tunnel. If you try to bunny hop, you can fly in a big loop over and over and go super fast!

Bonus: You can use your dirt gun to create a giant cock and balls.

Snaga_Drax
Sep 5, 2015
Anyone else not foaming at the mouth for Fallout 4; and waiting for it to go on sale in a year or so, maybe with some dlc included?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We're going to play fallout soon ,friends

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Snaga_Drax posted:

Anyone else not foaming at the mouth for Fallout 4; and waiting for it to go on sale in a year or so, maybe with some dlc included?

Sorry, but I don't like bad games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

HATE FALLOUT

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Snaga_Drax posted:

No way I want to experience it day 0 in all its unpatched buggy glory. It's not an adventure if I don't have to manually spawn in at least one quest-critical NPC and/or noclip my character out of the floor. For real.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I will play fallout.

quote:

I usually play games like that at least twice, so once at launch and then a year or two later when there's a ton of dlc/mods out and you can get a fresh experience all over again and try all the choices you didnt the first time

quote:

video games
Fallout, xcom2 and mass effect 4 are the only games on my radar atm. I'm so out of the gaming loop

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 1, 2015

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

We're going to play fallout soon ,friends

Not me.

Not really because I have anything against it but more because I haven't even played New Vegas yet. I liked 3 just fine but I still think I'd rather play NV before moving on with the series.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dirt Rally is still very good and I want it to just keep updating forever and ever.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If Dirt Rally ever went subscription-based, I'd pay it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350620/ its good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that actually looks pretty cool

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really don't care for fallout and maybe put in 45 minutes into new Vegas before getting bored and wishing they would make another Elder Scrolls.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I really don't care for fallout and maybe put in 45 minutes into new Vegas before getting bored and wishing they would make another Elder Scrolls.

The first hour of every fallout is p bad

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Idk, in my first hour of NV I discovered the powder gangers, befriended them and proceeded to take out every dog with dynamite and also took over the starting town because tunnelsnakes Powder Gangers rule!

Or in my guns playthrough, I immediately went to the wild bill and snuck around killing fools with a bb gun.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mistle posted:

I was Tear in a 4-player V.Hard difficulty attempt at the boss Arietta of the Wild. Everyone except me died, and I lived long enough to get them all on their feet and healed again, I say the fight took about 40 minutes, but you have to add another 20 of me running around and slowly getting enough TP to heal and raise. Especially since I ended up wasting half of it raising people who just died 10 seconds later.

PS2, 4-player splitter, there was good times with that gaming.

Dunno what Tales game you're talking about here but it sure as heck ain't symphonia.

Eonwe posted:

Nah, just fallout 2 (and it's bad as hell). You can still do whatever the heck you want in the first hour of NV. I like to bee-line it to Vegas and gamble my rear end off and get the INT upgrade right away.

I am very sad rn because I don't have any hardware that runs fallout 4 and can't afford any :sigh:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Dunno what Tales game you're talking about here but it sure as heck ain't symphonia.

Sounds like Abyss.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone talking about Tales and not mentioning Tales of Xillia which is very good and fun and humorous.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

that actually looks pretty cool

it is cool

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I bought Halfway, I did it

It better be good

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

precision posted:

Everyone talking about Tales and not mentioning Tales of Xillia which is very good and fun and humorous.

I only have a PC, so I grabbed Zestiria. I guess it's a PS3 port, but looks like a fuckin vita game or something? I'm like an hour in or less, will have to go back to it. Some of the rudimentary battle stuff theyve shown seems like it could be neat later on.

I loved Tales of Destiny back in the day, have not been following jrpgs in general in a long time, no idea what's going on with Tales.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I liked Tales of the Abyss but put it down when I moved like 7 years ago and never touched it again. Is it worth finding and plugging in my PS2 again for, or should I just get the 3DS version and play that one instead?

Also, weren't there some other mobile ones? Tales of Hearts or Graces or something like that? I don't know if they ever made it out of Japan.

Also also, was there ever a localization and/or translation of Destiny 2? I remember being disappointed when they released Eternia in the US and called that Destiny 2 when there was an actual Destiny 2 that never got released, but Eternia turned out to be good enough to soften the blow.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So I went into the deep roads in DA 2.

Question about your sister. I assume she dies if you leave her home too?

• Locked thread