Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Safety Dance posted:

LinkedIn should have a box filled with angry hornets that, in order to send unsolicited job recruitment messages, you'd need to get one installed in your office. Every time someone is annoyed by your recruitment message, they could pay to release an angry hornet into your office. I'd pay, easily, $5 per angry hornet.

I agree. I'm super pissed at climber.com right now because those assholes put up a legitimate looking job ad but all it did was sign me up for their god drat loving spam. I was getting 2 phone calls a day from them, fortunately I did something right and they stopped, but I still get 2 emails every day from them. I mark them as spam but Comcast hasn't figured out that I want to block the loving domain yet.

Good news, I have an interview Thursday. Bad news, the max pay listed on the ad is a $25k pay cut for me. They better have some room in their budget or I'm not their guy. Normally I wouldn't have even applied, but unemployment says I gotta apply for 5 jobs a week.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also, no Macklemore / AI discussion is complete without this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLifPUIuic

Macklemore is cool because he looks like he's just having soooo much fun. I get the feeling he couldn't care less if anyone listened or watched, he's just gonna do his own thing and take the piss out of whatever he wants to.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Macklemore is cool because he looks like he's just having soooo much fun. I get the feeling he couldn't care less if anyone listened or watched, he's just gonna do his own thing and take the piss out of whatever he wants to.

Yup. Who the gently caress else would put a Cadillac SRX and the '90s-era Northstar barges in a video along with Escalades and classic Cadillacs?

It's like Andrew W.K. all over again please nobody try to buy him an account

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So this stupid list of politicians with KKK ties just so happens to include the mayor of my town, Tom Henry (up for re-election tomorrow). Suddenly y various news feeds are exploding with people who have proof he's a Klansman, people who swear he'd never be affiliated and people threatening violence at each other. The thing is, Indiana is probably yhr most Klan friendly state in the union these days so I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Everyone in D&D is like "gently caress off, it's a god drat pastebin"; however, CNBC is now a part of the liberal media and Rick Santelli is probably a communist according to some people.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

NEW GRAPE SCENT!! avoid breathing vapor, mist or gas

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just found out new hood struts could be had for less than $15 shipped on ebay. I've been using a god drat 2x4 to hold the hood of my explorer up for over a year. I figured it was at least a $50 part or so.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

This'll go great in some mehcanic's bathroom.

Rhyno posted:

So this stupid list of politicians with KKK ties just so happens to include the mayor of my town, Tom Henry (up for re-election tomorrow). Suddenly y various news feeds are exploding with people who have proof he's a Klansman, people who swear he'd never be affiliated and people threatening violence at each other. The thing is, Indiana is probably yhr most Klan friendly state in the union these days so I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

I want to know where they actually sourced it from before I call any of this legit outside of the obvious convicts.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
loving November is already worse than all of October. Paycheck was supposed to be deposited Friday, found a typo in the direct deposit information, and now nobody knows where my paycheck is. Bank says "no pending deposits", finance department says "we sent to over!" Car/home Insurance is cancelling on me on Wednesday since they didn't get the payment that was scheduled for Friday, so this poo poo needs to get straightened out like right loving now. Girlfriend's classroom got broken into last night and they trashed her room and a few others and they still made her teach today instead of doing stuff like figuring out what's missing so she's a wreck and super pissed. And then the Packers lost, which was a bummer even if I saw it coming. :shrek:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

"If you smell Grape, it's already too lape late!™"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

scuz posted:

loving November is already worse than all of October. Paycheck was supposed to be deposited Friday, found a typo in the direct deposit information, and now nobody knows where my paycheck is. Bank says "no pending deposits", finance department says "we sent to over!" Car/home Insurance is cancelling on me on Wednesday since they didn't get the payment that was scheduled for Friday, so this poo poo needs to get straightened out like right loving now. Girlfriend's classroom got broken into last night and they trashed her room and a few others and they still made her teach today instead of doing stuff like figuring out what's missing so she's a wreck and super pissed. And then the Packers lost, which was a bummer even if I saw it coming. :shrek:
What car insurance cancels your account if you're late by 5 days? Ive been over a month late paying Travelers and I was only charged a $10 late fee.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

What car insurance cancels your account if you're late by 5 days? Ive been over a month late paying Travelers and I was only charged a $10 late fee.
The first scheduled payment for Friday was already late, now it's ultra-late. No money = sadbrains.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

I want to know where they actually sourced it from before I call any of this legit outside of the obvious convicts.

I'm not saying I believe any of it, just that it isn't shocking locally at all.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

scuz posted:

The first scheduled payment for Friday was already late, now it's ultra-late. No money = sadbrains.

Tell me about it. I lost my wallet today. I had my mortgage payment in it, lolol.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

new 4k monitor showed up at work, can't take a photo so have a lame fuckin' screenshot instead

it's glorious, now that I've finally set up my fonts to be readable.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU1NJWbzJpA

This needs to be larger than CA alone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

new 4k monitor showed up at work, can't take a photo so have a lame fuckin' screenshot instead

My posts do look glorious in 4K.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

stump posted:

There is a place in Leuchars which looks like a dirty chip shop inside a converted house. The kind of place you would avoid no matter how hungry you are. But they make great curries, tasty, and if you catch the right chef properly hot.

This seems to hold true worldwide - the sketchier a curry place looks, the better their curries. Jumping on the South Indian bandwagon too, my local joint is a Southern place and their specialty dishes are all without fail amazing. Especially their dahi puri appetisers.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ozmiander posted:

Tell me about it. I lost my wallet today. I had my mortgage payment in it, lolol.

Like... in cash?

Pham Nuwen posted:

new 4k monitor showed up at work
Hey 4k postin' bro! :v::hf::v:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

I have a 27" HP 4k that arrived two weeks ago. Still haven't switched due to a missing cable, but I'm imagining it will be glorious.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

Like... in cash?

Yup. A check didn't come in time, so i had to borrow it from a family member.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ozmiander posted:

Yup. A check didn't come in time, so i had to borrow it from a family member.

God drat, even I can't make fun of that, that just sucks. :(

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

God drat, even I can't make fun of that, that just sucks. :(

That's life man.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Girls are the devil, I'm retiring

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

They are.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nodoze posted:

If it fucks, flies or floats, hire it by the hour

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The Watchmen: as updated for 2015.

"Man is depressed. Goes to doctor. Roll snare drum. Good joke. Everybody laugh."

E:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

or craigslist free/dumpster diving

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Aàaaaàaaaaaaa getting married in 5 days

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So, yellow top Optima batteries still good? I know red and blue tops have moved production overseas and some people don't like them anymore, but I can't find any info on yellows.

I'm looking for a "house" battery for the bus and I currently have a big NAPA legend (non-AGM) battery wired up as house battery with a Blue Sea Systems automatic charging relay and switch, but I just found a bead on a big 1.5kW inverter and I'm thinking of putting a small flat panel TV and maybe a raspberry pi running retropie in there, along with some 12V RGB LED lighting.

E: should probably post this in the stupid question thread

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wrar posted:

Aàaaaàaaaaaaa getting married in 5 days

You should go autocrossing in 6 days. It'll be romantic.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

scuz posted:

And then the Packers lost, which was a bummer even if I saw it coming. :shrek:

I was hoping for another undefeated season :smith:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I think tomorrow will probably be the official last nice day of the year here in Denver. Record setting warmth supposedly tomorrow, in the mid to high 70's so I'm gonna bust out the convertible and spend quite a bit of time in it, probably visit a variety of friends, whoever I can find. It's clean and I just put a new front bumper on it to get rid of the scratches and rock chips that it had. I bought it before I was unemployed, too lazy to install till now.

Then I'll probably pack up the convertible for the winter. They're predicting our first metro snow showers on Thursday. Also I had to laugh at this stupid bullshit:

Three different high temps listed for tomorrow on the same god drat news site weather page. Must be nice to be a meteorologist.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

too expensive

(also voids retirement)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

LloydDobler posted:

I think tomorrow will probably be the official last nice day of the year here in Denver. Record setting warmth supposedly tomorrow, in the mid to high 70's so I'm gonna bust out the convertible and spend quite a bit of time in it, probably visit a variety of friends, whoever I can find. It's clean and I just put a new front bumper on it to get rid of the scratches and rock chips that it had. I bought it before I was unemployed, too lazy to install till now.

Then I'll probably pack up the convertible for the winter. They're predicting our first metro snow showers on Thursday. Also I had to laugh at this stupid bullshit:

Three different high temps listed for tomorrow on the same god drat news site weather page. Must be nice to be a meteorologist.

https://youtu.be/imrxTc0WjV8?t=315

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Went to Five Guys today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

5 guys, a fine burg for all occasions

any place that stocks malt vinegar for fries is gonna be good

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Anybody got a preferred manufacturer/source for LED replacement bulbs? 1156s, 194s, etc.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I loving love cramming a double fistful of 5 guys greasy meat with all the nuts I can choke down. Nothing satisfies like 5 guys inside me.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Anybody got a preferred manufacturer/source for LED replacement bulbs? 1156s, 194s, etc.

I get a lot of mine from autolumination.com, but their website is clunky and they only ship first class USPS from Arizona. Takes about a full week for me to get the package (in Ohio), but I've always been satisfied with their products. Most recently I added a pair of 3 watt (rated) amber 194s to the city lights in my Focus's factory HID headlights and they put out almost enough light to drive by.

I also recently picked up a set of 921s off of Amazon for my wife's reverse lights and I'm pretty happy with the results, the brand was JDM astar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nodoze posted:

too expensive

(also voids retirement)

You will need to explain that one to me, because pay by the hour is always cheaper and leaves you with more retirement money?

• Locked thread