Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Volume posted:

Oh yeah, there we go. Thems good eats now
:goonsay:

Nice saltman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is now about pallets. Please keep your salt out of this too. It won't help you build one and this time it can't mask the fact that your poo poo at the one thing you're trying to make.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hi I am the op and I am master chef
The colonels eleven herbs and spices taste good so if I put literally a pound of twenty eight different things in then it will taste amazing but no salt that is for peasants

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Quote-Unquote posted:

Hi I am the op and I am master chef
The colonels eleven herbs and spices taste good so if I put literally a pound of twenty eight different things in then it will taste amazing but no salt that is for peasants

Salt is one of the Colonel's secret spices, you've been had!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously, this isn't even like "someone could reasonably hold this opinion" status but you fucks are still feeding

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I bet you prefer sweet popcorn too chef hitler

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Peanut President posted:

Salt is one of the Colonel's secret spices, you've been had!

Ffffuck what are the others?!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
baby pallet

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Quote-Unquote posted:

Ffffuck what are the others?!

My god it says here they're just all salt! All Eleven are just varying quantities of Sodium Chloride!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
but seriously salt is garbage seasoning for retards

not trolling i am 100% serious here i cheer your early deaths from blood pressure related maladies

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

baby pallet

omg it's so cute!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XMNN posted:

not trolling i am 100% serious
i WOULD say that nobody is going to be fooled by this, but considering how many of them fell for the OP...

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

XMNN posted:

not trolling i am 100% serious here i cheer your early deaths from blood pressure related maladies

If you put sugar on popcorn instead of salt as an adult you should kill yourself though

And don't get me started on that toffee poo poo

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Stuntman posted:

i WOULD say that nobody is going to be fooled by this, but considering how many of them fell for the OP...
no this is completely real, i swear on my mums life i do not like putting salt in food

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

clealry you don't know how to use spices. Sorry your food sucks

Clearly you actually don't understand salt. Your food sucks and if you had any friends they wouldn't want to eat your garbage food that you cook.

You sir are a loving lovely cook. Accept that.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XMNN posted:

no this is completely real, i swear on my mums life i do not like putting salt in food
oh, my mistake. yes, completely real! in fact, your post is so real that other posters should start angrily responding to it in ways that are humorous to both the person being responded to and other people reading the thread

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Clearly you actually don't understand salt. Your food sucks and if you had any friends they wouldn't want to eat your garbage food that you cook.

You sir are a loving lovely cook. Accept that.

Sorry this thread's about pallets now.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Stuntman posted:

Do you just hate fun? I mean honestly, I get that feeling smugly superior is good, and imagining yourself as the only person who can see obvious trolls bring obvious must be a thrill, but I enjoyed reading the salt hate while it lasted.

Pallet thread, not so much.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

XMNN posted:

what the gently caress man

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

that ones a bit forced imo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut President posted:

My god it says here they're just all salt! All Eleven are just varying quantities of Sodium Chloride!

i used to work at KFC, the recipe is on the bag. other than salt there is MSG, pepper, and garlic powder, and flour obviously. thats it

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Let me tell you about how to properly cook stuff
*literally orders fast food*

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

Volume posted:

Sorry this thread's about pallets now.

thats a skid

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
IM MAD ABOUT SALT

e: AND PALLETS

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

black1abel posted:

thats a skid

I'm new to the world of pallets and skids. I'm sorry I did not mean to offend or trigger any one. Thank you for pointing out my error and helping me learn more bout my new interest.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Enjoy your thyroid problems because there is no other source of iodine in your diet.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is the stupidest thread in the universe

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

I'm new to the world of pallets and skids. I'm sorry I did not mean to offend or trigger any one. Thank you for pointing out my error and helping me learn more bout my new interest.

So far we are learning you don't understand the actual purpose of salt and you don't know what the gently caress a pallet and a skid actually is.

So far you are looking like a big loving idiot.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

XMNN posted:

I am gargling soy sauce right now.

Tyrannosword
Sep 15, 2006

Fallen Rib

Volume posted:

I'm sorry your little baby pallet can't handle the taste of fresh rosemary and lemon pepper. Let me get you some A1 sauce for your well done steak.

Rosemary and lemon pepper won't protect your food from ghosts though. It's basic science!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Salt has important physiological properties that affect how other flavours are perceived. Well done for cooking sub-optimal food, OP. just imagine! All those herbs and spices (including shallots) could taste even better!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK50958/
http://sciencefare.org/2013/07/10/why-does-salt-make-almost-everything-taste-better/

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

welcome to my poop box

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Myron Baloney posted:

I am gargling soy sauce right now.
please no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Salt was a very valuable and highly sought after spice back in the old days. gently caress, it was the only way to preserve food without ice boxes. OP has some kinda hate boner against something that's historically significant.

God bless salt.

• Locked thread