Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Rahm was USPol's favorite bad boy back in the early Obama administration. Remember when he sent that reporter a fish wrapped in newspaper? Oh man he doesn't take any poo poo! That means Obama doesn't either and it makes him cool!

I don't think this is true, Rahm has a long record of being awful going back to at least the early 90s. Look into his actions early in the Clinton administration with regards to the DADT policy for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I've said it before, but Kentucky is a post apocalyptic wasteland outside of Louisville and Lexington. It's bad enough these days that my wife and I are considering moving... to Texas.

Lexington is still a hole but it's true, Conway had zero ground game in Lexington.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MaxxBot posted:

I don't think this is true, Rahm has a long record of being awful going back to at least the early 90s. Look into his actions early in the Clinton administration with regards to the DADT policy for example.

What, reflecting the state of the nation and heeding the advice of the notorious RBG on abortion in America, that it would only be accepted it acceptability emerged from grassroots efforts?

gay rites posted:

Lexington is still a hole but it's true, Conway had zero ground game in Lexington.

Field side can only move 2-5 points! The election wasn't that close, was it?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Best of Congressional Hits & Misses 2015 with multiple appearances from Don Young, Spaceman Bill, and a snowball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBo-P9c0nd0

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Best of Congressional Hits & Misses 2015 with multiple appearances from Don Young, Spaceman Bill, and a snowball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBo-P9c0nd0

I would like to take this moment to thank you Joe for introducing me to hits and misses and west wing week this past year.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
edit: wrong thread

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

My Imaginary GF posted:

You know what Obama's greatest mistake was early in his administration? It wasn't asking Rahm to be his CoS, a position thay Rahm begged Axelrod not to ask him to take, it was refusing to let Valerie Jarrett run for Senate. Instead, Obama chose to lose a Senate seat and his CoS, while keeping a friend who is never willing to gently caress him over even when he's wrong on an issue.

ps nonsence, just to prove you're a motherfucking idiot who hasn't even read Believer

Nope, you're wrong, you ignorameous who has never had any clout nor connections worth a drat.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/Felsenthal-Files/February-2015/David-Axelrod-Book/

Its like folk want to blame Rahm for Obama's mistakes! Who knew that liberals would find it so much easier to blame a Jewish mayor than accept that an African-American President with a lack of executive experience has made poor management choices during his tenure of office?

Sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rahm Emanuel is a garbage-tier shitbird who more accurately embodies most of the criticisms levied at :shillary: than she herself does: He is an authoritarian, and a belligerent warmonger; he has personally made tens of millions in the finance industry, if you want to talk about ties to business; he slingshotted through the gravity well of a charismatic President to land himself another elected office. His policy accomplishments in the past decade more directly advance his own career than any progressive agenda.

History will barely remember Rahm Emanuel, except as an entry in lists of people who have held certain government offices. SA would even now discuss him about as much as we do Saxby Chamblis, if he weren't an active poster here.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
If Rahm was such a shitlord, then why would Obama appoint him Chief of Staff? Checkmate, USPolailure :smuggo:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

MaxxBot posted:

It's true. I remember it pretty clearly, because I hadn't really heard much about Rahm before that point — the consensus was that he was a ruthless rear end in a top hat who would be able to get things done and advance Obama's agenda. People here were cheerleading the hell out of him being appointed CoS.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I personally support more poo poo-talking of Rahm Emmanuel, if only because it apparently gets MIGF's panties in a twist.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
People were worried that Obama was going to be a pushover president, and saw Rahm as a good sign he was willing to stick the boot in. However, everyone was also aware that he was an rear end in a top hat trash person.

When I Swype "Rahm," it tries to write "trash."

Edit: as proof people knew he was a dirtbag - "migf is Rahm" wasn't started as a compliment.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah there was a decent chunk of people who thought having an unrepentant rear end in a top hat in the White House would be a good thing insofar as helping Obama make sure his agenda got pushed through.

As Rahm said, "we got the votes, gently caress 'em"

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
A majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle believe that the government may not have done enough to secure the right to bear arms.

Also, 1 in 3 Democrats are not sure or think that Muslims shouldn't be allowed to practice their religion in America.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Petr posted:

Edit: as proof people knew he was a dirtbag - "migf is Rahm" wasn't started as a compliment.

y'all know that's the literal gimmick of his account, right

Or was, anyway, I think he's switched it up lately

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Petr posted:

Sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Have you even loving read David Axelrod's book, or listened to him speak at the Chicago IdeasFest?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Looks like the Miami PD could use a reminder that their job is supposed to be crime prevention.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot posted:

A majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle believe that the government may not have done enough to secure the right to bear arms.

Also, 1 in 3 Democrats are not sure or think that Muslims shouldn't be allowed to practice their religion in America.

Burn us to the ground and salt the earth.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ComradeCosmobot posted:

quote:

The poll finds that for most Americans, safety concerns trump civil liberties at least some of the time.

More than half - 54 percent - say it's sometimes necessary for the government to sacrifice freedoms to fight terrorism, while 45 percent think that's not necessary. On a more general level, 42 percent say it's more important for the government to ensure Americans' safety than to protect citizens' rights, while 27 percent think rights are more important and 31 percent rate both equally.

:shepicide:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

[MIGF Impression]This is what happens when you take money out of Chicago without going through the proper channels. If they went through the local institutions established for this activity it wouldn't have become a national story.[/MIGF Impression]

quote:

The Chicago office requested all the records of the laundering deals struck by the Bal Harbour cops with criminal groups across the country — 84 deals in Chicago alone — in what appears to be a sweeping examination of the millions laundered by the police through banks and storefront businesses in Miami, records show.

The ongoing probe follows a Miami Herald series, License to Launder, that showed the task force officers from Bal Harbour and the Glades County Sheriff’s Office posed as money launderers while they jetted into a dozen cities to pick up drug cash in a sting operation to clean money for cartels and other groups with the stated goal of arresting suspects.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

God I am NOT looking forward to all the people thinking the Michael Bay Benghazi movie is a documentary

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I'm so desperate to get out of Kentucky that I'm interviewing for a job in Minneapolis, and I hate hate hate snow and cold and winter.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

hangedman1984 posted:

God I am NOT looking forward to all the people thinking the Michael Bay Benghazi movie is a documentary

I groaned audibly when that played before Concussion.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Chokes McGee posted:

y'all know that's the literal gimmick of his account, right

Or was, anyway, I think he's switched it up lately

I seem to recall that he claimed to be Somebody High Up, and some people guessed Rahm, and he rolled with that.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

cheese eats mouse posted:

I'm so desperate to get out of Kentucky that I'm interviewing for a job in Minneapolis, and I hate hate hate snow and cold and winter.

You'll get used to the cold at least.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

cheese eats mouse posted:

Look up the Minneapolis skywalk. Move and work downtown and you never have to go outside.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Petr posted:

I seem to recall that he claimed to be Somebody High Up, and some people guessed Rahm, and he rolled with that.

Man, if corrupt mayor of a failed city were going to be my posting gimmick I think I would have gone with Marion Barry or pretty much anyone more fun than a boring party apparatchik known only for his temper tantrums

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

fosborb posted:

Look up the Minneapolis skywalk. Move and work downtown and you never have to go outside.

I'll move there when they install a moving walkway in all the skywalks

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So....Obama is going to solve all America's gun problems himself? The article I read didn't have any details of what he will propose.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Man, if corrupt mayor of a failed city were going to be my posting gimmick I think I would have gone with Marion Barry or pretty much anyone more fun than a boring party apparatchik known only for his temper tantrums

His Honor isn't know for his temper tantrums, you loving rear end in a top hat; he's know for being an amazing loving drinker.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

i'd vote for an amendment that banned all guns from everyone including patrol cops

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

So....Obama is going to solve all America's gun problems himself? The article I read didn't have any details of what he will propose.

It will accomplish nothing more than making idiots freak the gently caress out on Facebook.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Samurai Sanders posted:

The article I read earlier said the order would just clarify definitions, broadening them and making more gun sales subject to existing regulation.

So no not really

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Its going to do poo poo all except increase gun sales for the next month. I just took a look at Ruger and Smith&Wessen stocks and they're up like 30% over the last 12 months.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Good Citizen posted:

The article I read earlier said the order would just clarify definitions, broadening them and making more gun sales subject to existing regulation.

So no not really
Hm. Obama has showed more anger about gun control than I have ever seen a president show anger for anything, even Bush about terrorists killing 3000 civilians. It's gonna suck if he can't channel those actual human feelings into something worthwhile for his entire presidency.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Angling for VP or 4 years early after Hillary loses?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mr Hootington posted:

Angling for VP or 4 years early after Hillary loses?

Trick question, there won't be a presidency 4 years after Hillary loses (because the country will be on fire you see).

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Klaus88 posted:

Trick question, there won't be a presidency 4 years after Hillary loses (because the country will be on fire you see).

There will be a President

A President unafraid to campaign to repeal term limits.

A President who will bring detente to US-Russian relations, and may forge the first ever US-Russian alliance to contain terrorism and Germany.

A man who can lead, whether going up the escalator or down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Should we be taking bets on if Paul Ryan lasts the whole year?

• Locked thread