Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

*needs to update flash*
*downloads DMG file*
*opens DMG file*
*does not realize that the installer still needs to be run from inside the DMG*
*wonders why flash still needs updating*

*realizes the DMG can only be used on last two releases of OSX; DMG refuses to install on your machine from 2012*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Fabricated posted:

See YOSPOS mac threads as a warning of what participating in a consumer cult does to you

Cremnob and stux stared into the abyss a bit too long

smythe is doing god's work

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Melmac posted:

*realizes the DMG can only be used on last two releases of OSX; DMG refuses to install on your machine from 2012*

*applecare warranty on your 2012 machine is voided because you upgraded the 1gb ram a $2500 computer came with*

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

*buys applecare*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
iphones are fine

Posted from my Windows PC

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*sucks on a ball*

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did they ever get another mouse button or what?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*wears that stupid watch*

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

*Doesn't have a web browser installed other than Safari. Wonders why so many websites seem broken.*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fabricated posted:

See YOSPOS mac threads as a warning of what participating in a consumer cult does to you

Cremnob and stux stared into the abyss a bit too long

Is there a name for when people doing a thing ironically slowly turns into them doing it for real?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*is unaware that there are other means of playing back audio besides itunes*

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

*applecare warranty on your 2012 machine is voided because you upgraded the 1gb ram a $2500 computer came with*

*warranty is only voided because upgrading ram on MacBook requires soldering iron*

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
*just wants to use the devices he likes*

*is challenged about his choices by people who still think the hard drive of their computer is the entire tower*

*doesn't care what kinds of phones other people use*

*can like a thing without making it part of his identity*

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
I'm not insecure because my friends all use Apple products, I just think different.

I lied! I have neither friends nor Apple products!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"do u have an iPhone charger?"

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

The Gillman posted:

*is challenged about his choices by people who still think the hard drive of their computer is the entire tower*

lol baby

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*admires framed poster of steve jobs*

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
*Buys a refurbished iPhone 5S on ebay to use as a camera only for a year of travel.
*Takes great photos using a few amazing camera apps.
*Uses an Android phone for an actual phone and useful apps because they are cheap and customizable and easy to buy globally unlocked.

That's my story. I'd never use an iPhone as an actual phone or pay money for service on one.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Awful app CAN make threads.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
*plays oregon trail in the school's computer lab*

*never uses a 5.5 floppy for any other reason*

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Gillman posted:

* gets salty when his preferred brand is questioned in any way

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*buys phone case with hole in the back so everyone can still see i have an iphone*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Parallax Scroll posted:

*buys phone case with hole in the back so everyone can still see i have an iphone*

those cases are the assless chaps of phone paraphernalia

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Applewhite posted:

I really enjoy the vibrate feature on my iphone6 and its slim contouring allows it to fit almost anywhere.

Applewhite posted:

fit almost anywhere.

Applewhite posted:

fit almost anywhere.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

*Buys $10,000 smart watch that is obsolete in six months*

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
*watches the yearly Steve Jobs movie because you just can't get enough Steve Jobs movies*

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh shoot power cord wore out, time to get a new computer

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
*idolizes a man who treated employees like dirt and hung his baby mama out to dry*

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
*has never played Doom*

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

* Defends single-button phone as preferable user interface. *

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

apple makes the best tablets

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
I make a lot phone calls at work. I've used a bunch of different Android and Blackberry phones over the years, but I find that no matter who it is and no matter what network they are on, when someone calls me from an iphone, 60% of the time it will sound like they are talking under water. I can't make out poo poo other than mumbled noises. I have never had this experience talking Android to Android, Android to Blackberry, gently caress, even Windows phones don't do this.

I can talk to someone without ever seeing their phone and be like
"Are you on a God Damned iphone?"
"Blargle bhuhs gosojfoj wiwhfwi?"
"Ugg. Hang up and call me back."

Usually, a call back will fix it. I have found that every time I bring this up with an iphone user, they will not know what I'm talking about.

This means that either I am crazy, the sound is normal on their end and only muffled on dozens of different Android based phones, or my preferred answer, which is the answer most true to Apple enthusiasts' personalities, the phone sounds like poo poo but they do not want to admit that there could ever be a flaw in their designed in California miracle phone so they pretend that everything is the way God-King Jobs intended.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

MettleRamiel posted:

I make a lot phone calls at work. I've used a bunch of different Android and Blackberry phones over the years, but I find that no matter who it is and no matter what network they are on, when someone calls me from an iphone, 60% of the time it will sound like they are talking under water. I can't make out poo poo other than mumbled noises. I have never had this experience talking Android to Android, Android to Blackberry, gently caress, even Windows phones don't do this.

I can talk to someone without ever seeing their phone and be like
"Are you on a God Damned iphone?"
"Blargle bhuhs gosojfoj wiwhfwi?"
"Ugg. Hang up and call me back."

Usually, a call back will fix it. I have found that every time I bring this up with an iphone user, they will not know what I'm talking about.

This means that either I am crazy, the sound is normal on their end and only muffled on dozens of different Android based phones, or my preferred answer, which is the answer most true to Apple enthusiasts' personalities, the phone sounds like poo poo but they do not want to admit that there could ever be a flaw in their designed in California miracle phone so they pretend that everything is the way God-King Jobs intended.

did you even read the thread title your not doing it right

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Thanks for using my products!!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Parallax Scroll posted:

did you even read the thread title your not doing it right

*puts fist full of marbles in mouth*

*calls 'friend'*

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

*is super happy with my MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad Air*

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Applewhite posted:

You know I always hear this about Macs but I've never had any difficulty editing pictures or video on my windows machine and can't imagine how it would be "better" on a Mac (faster, higher resolution, finer degree of control?). Are there certain, ultra top of the line programs that are exclusive to Macs or what?

photoshop was originally mac exclusive so i think that sorta started with that maybe

idk

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

and knowing adobe the windows port was probably garbage for a while too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

You know I always hear this about Macs but I've never had any difficulty editing pictures or video on my windows machine and can't imagine how it would be "better" on a Mac (faster, higher resolution, finer degree of control?). Are there certain, ultra top of the line programs that are exclusive to Macs or what?
the photoshop alt zoom

• Locked thread