Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
y'all just ain't looking because I've seen plenty of titties. There's one enemy group that has women fighters that always have one titty hanging out. So, if you ever wanted to club around a cro-magnon looking bitch with one titty hanging out, this is the game for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

one time I ran into what seemed like an empty village but there was a couple loving in one of the huts, as soon as they heard I was close they got up and ran off into the forest

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I love buying mediocre games just to see some low poly titties and have a dude piss on me. I'm quirky like that. My friends call me boner champ.

Dude this game has you getting pissed on its so hilarious I gave them $60

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Earwicker posted:

one time I ran into what seemed like an empty village but there was a couple loving in one of the huts, as soon as they heard I was close they got up and ran off into the forest

They really keep pushing the boundaries of what teenagers will be subjected to these days in video games. :allears:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I might have to get this game now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Far Cry Primal Titties

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

loving christ the beast duel is baaad, terrible controls and zero feedback on hits

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

hottubrhymemachine posted:

I love buying mediocre games just to see some low poly titties and have a dude piss on me. I'm quirky like that. My friends call me boner champ.

Dude this game has you getting pissed on its so hilarious I gave them $60

actually I bought the game because I like Far Cry games and I also enjoyed the Beastmaster movies. the golden shower is just a bonus

personally I wouldn't say it's mediocre. It's not some kind of revolutionary game of the year experience but imo after turning off the interface it's a very fun video game, in a way much more visceral than the others in the seires

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Once you ride a sabertooth tigher through the forest at night with the moonlight shining through the trees, chucking your flaming spears and neanderthals, its hard not to like. Its also nice that you can harvest items while staying on your mount. Flying is pretty much unnecessary since you got fast travel, fast mounts, and the owl for aerial recon.

I havent seen tits yet, only a neanderthal couple humping each other with their clothes on by the campfire.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
I can't say the voice acting for Urki is the best, but his stunts are magnificent.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Primal Hurk owns

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

can i vpn my way to playing this today or...?

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
It doesn't unlock until around 8pm local time in east coast Australia, so it's probably just one global unlock time instead of a rolling unlock, which rules out VPN shenanigans.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Clocked it over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Moreso than 3 and 4 I think. The setting really clicked for me and crafting because you're a beast-man made way more sense than it did for Ajay or the other guy.

I kinda get what people meant about the story. It wasn't that there were no strong bad guys, it just felt a little unbalanced. I loved how both opposing tribes had their share of primal superstitions and mysticism it was just After dealing with the Cannibals and the boss just being some dude in a cave with some vague stuff with their fertility statues then moving onto the sun worshipers there was a HUGE leap in quality. The vision quests alone were loving insane, then you go to fight the boss on the side of a mountain under an eclipse as they freak out thinking you've brought about the apocalypse! Really, really cool.

That felt like a great climax, but if there was a second tribe that ramped up to that I felt it would have flowed a bit better is all.

Unlike 3 and 4 I'm definitely going to mop up all the side-quests and hunts for this. Then reset the camps and murder the world again fully powered up. Loved it.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So it doesn't unlock until 5AM tomorrow? That's balderdash why wouldn't they make it midnight EST preorder CANCELED

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AlmightyBob posted:

loving christ the beast duel is baaad, terrible controls and zero feedback on hits

yeah its honestly one of the worst things i have played. which sucks because i realy like primal so far. its far cry at its most basic and it works realy well. going legolas on bunch of retard udam never gets old.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This game seems like a good way to act out some parts post-bear mauling in The Revenant.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
fun story from the game. i was sneaking through a mostly uninhabited udam village, and i found two udam loving each other doggy style. i bashed the guy with stealth kill, and the udam women started screaming "wenja" and ran into a nearby hut. i lit it up and she ran out on fire. just then the hunting party came back from their hunt. and i went legolas on their asses. this is a great game.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just saw this gif on the Kotaku review. Random crocodile. I'm buying this game now.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Blind Rasputin posted:

I just saw this gif on the Kotaku review. Random crocodile. I'm buying this game now.

Almost as good as the let's play I've been watching, where the guy got introduced to the crocodiles by landing on top of one and getting attacked :allears:

Also, there are Goliath Tigerfish too (called "bitefish").

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So is this game worth getting if I liked 3 and 4? Also wheres the cheapest place to get it that's also reliable.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

So is this game worth getting if I liked 3 and 4?

honestly the more I play it the more I think its one of the best in the series

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I agree with the Giant Bomb consensus that it feels like one long sidequest so far, but the gameplay has been absolutely solid; so I don't dislike it enough to stop playing.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Seems like not many people are playing this. And the reviews on Steam are terrible (mostly because of DRM poo poo).

However I've got 3 hours in so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. Just don't expect it to be FC 3/4. It deviates from that formula a bit but still feels like a Far Cry game.

Also I find it hilarious (and fun) that in every FC game there just HAS to be parts where you take some crazy drugs and trip balls.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

So is this game worth getting if I liked 3 and 4? Also wheres the cheapest place to get it that's also reliable.

I think the gameplay is better than FC 4 and 3.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Shrinkage posted:

I think the gameplay is better than FC 4 and 3.
Yeah, so far what I've seen is that it's basically done what FC4 did and removed some of the annoyances from the previous installments. The obvious example is having each material have its own limit rather than having it all totaled up and having to try and balance healing materials and crap with vendor trash and such. Then there's turning the "sic random wildlife onto enemies" into an actual proper mechanic. And a lot of the legacy mechanics like crafting upgrades out of animal skins actually make sense in the environment for a change.

I mean the plot isn't genius work but it's literal cavemen so what can you expect. :geno: Still a shame it doesn't seem to be getting much attention, it's really solid and fun.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Asimo posted:

Still a shame it doesn't seem to be getting much attention, it's really solid and fun.

From what I've read it's getting good attention and reviews. The fact that there are no guns is probably the main reason it won't sell as much as the previous ones.

And ironically I haven't played Far Cry since the first (I'm not a FPS fan) but pre-purchased this one because I really dig the setting.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I pretty much judge how popular a game is via forums and online chatter and there's very little online chatter right now.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

it's better than the past two far crys by virtue of the fact that all the lovely voice acting and story is just made up language and grunts

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Never said it was popular. The lack of guns will actually make this game quite unpopular and niche.

I don't know what sales number Ubisoft were expecting when making this game. I'm glad they did but it's certainly not going to be one of their best sellers.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

From what I've read it's getting good attention and reviews. The fact that there are no guns is probably the main reason it won't sell as much as the previous ones.
I imagine the fact the setting is so off the wall is probably not a big help either, no. I suspect most folks who don't follow the series have no idea what to expect from this game, for example. It's also not exactly prime game release time too. I like the series but I honestly forget when it was even coming out until a friend mentioned it two days ago. :shrug:

quote:

And ironically I haven't played Far Cry since the first (I'm not a FPS fan) but pre-purchased this one because I really dig the setting.
On the other hand I've never played the first! Enjoyed all the other ones a great deal despite the inane plotlines* though, and despite the fact they play close to the usual open world ubisoft formula they actually tend to work pretty well. It's probably Ubisoft's most consistent fun AAA series, probably because they haven't milked it quite as hard as asscreed yet.

*Blood Dragon's was intentionally stupid so it doesn't count.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also this early sidequest from the shaman to help the elephant spirit kill all the rhinos is complete bullshit. :geno:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Even though it doesn't match the time frame i'm still mad we didn't get dinosaurs.

We got a dragon though

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Asimo posted:

On the other hand I've never played the first! Enjoyed all the other ones a great deal despite the inane plotlines* though, and despite the fact they play close to the usual open world ubisoft formula they actually tend to work pretty well. It's probably Ubisoft's most consistent fun AAA series, probably because they haven't milked it quite as hard as asscreed yet.

The first one is much more linear than the others but it's a lot of fun, definitely recommend checking it out.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The fact that this seems to condense the worst parts of the nu-Far Cry games into one long game probably isn't doing it any favors.

Very heavy on resource gathering, animal fights, lack of any gimmicks that let you get around the map more efficiently, no tower climbing(I'm a mad man that actually digs this part of ubi games), seems like a general lack of vertical movement overall, heavy focus on boring weapons that all effectively function the same with no melee combat system in place, probably doesn't feature as much exploration as past games since there aren't really any predecessors that could've left cool stuff lying about, dealing with dozens of menus to sink resources into, story gated content, redundant skills on the skill tree, running out skills to upgrade before the game's even over, and the list goes on.

This is just the impression I got from all of the gameplay videos I've seen, overall, this doesn't look like a $60 game in any shape or form. Like Far Cry 4, the most I'd drop on it is probably $20 for it and the season pass.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ryoga posted:

We got a dragon though

I had the biggest poo poo eating grin when I found it and just sat there for a good few minutes listening to the music cues. :haw:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Deakul posted:

The fact that this seems to condense the worst parts of the nu-Far Cry games into one long game probably isn't doing it any favors.

Very heavy on resource gathering, animal fights, lack of any gimmicks that let you get around the map more efficiently, no tower climbing(I'm a mad man that actually digs this part of ubi games), seems like a general lack of vertical movement overall, heavy focus on boring weapons that all effectively function the same with no melee combat system in place, probably doesn't feature as much exploration as past games since there aren't really any predecessors that could've left cool stuff lying about, dealing with dozens of menus to sink resources into, story gated content, redundant skills on the skill tree, running out skills to upgrade before the game's even over, and the list goes on.

This is just the impression I got from all of the gameplay videos I've seen, overall, this doesn't look like a $60 game in any shape or form. Like Far Cry 4, the most I'd drop on it is probably $20 for it and the season pass.

some of these complaints are valid but some of them seem uninformed.

There are definitely gimmicks to let you get around the map more efficiently, if you are riding a sabertooth tiger you'll be going plenty fast (or you can fast travel if you want).
I'm not sure what is wrong with animal fights.
Personally I don't find the weapons or combat boring at all, the melee combat is descent.
There is plenty of exploration, just as much as in previous games, though you are right this is not conducted by climbing towers, thankfully. (and there are certainly predecessors, you aren't playing the first human being ever..)

I agree probably not quite a $60 game because I do see it more like a Blood Dragon style remake of FC4. But the gameplay is great.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There's a lot more verticality than you'd think from the concept, it just revolves more around terrain and cliffside dwellings and such rather than towers and concrete fortresses.

The weapon variety is a bit eeh, but the main ones you have access to are pretty distinctly different in actual play, even if the melee mechanics aren't exactly deep. Also it's fun to chuck a club at someone's skull.

Deakul posted:

:what:

I can kinda understand the sentiment with Primal even if I don't agree, but FC4's a pretty drastic improvement over 3 in every way that matters, has a wide assortment of quality of life improvements, a new map with much more varied quests and environments, and generally a larger game overall. How does that not justify a full price game release unless you're absolutely morally opposed to the very idea of AAA sequels as a concept?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Deakul posted:

While I agree that it may not be a $60 game, you're pretty far off base considering you haven't actually played. Gameplay is actually really on-point & tight for being such a primitive system. As mentioned there is fast travel like any other open-world game, plus once you start riding beasts they are fast as hell. Conquering outposts is just as fun as ever, with help from the owl that basically serves as your binoculars. Binoculars that can tag enemies, drop bee bombs on their heads and swoop down to tear their faces off. You know how there were caged animals you could release occasionally at outposts in FC3 and FC4? In Primal these animals are your partner, permanently, and you can sic your beast on enemies while you make holes in their face with arrows and spears. Upclose melee combat is great too because you can just bash the poo poo out of the enemy, or you can powerup your attack to take out multiple enemies in a single swing. The spiked club :allears: The caveman-speak actually feels very appropriate and really makes it feel like 10,000 BC.

Primal is really really good if you give it a chance. Maybe grab it when it goes on sale in a few months, but don't write it off completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And it's a $40 game at GMG anyway. :v:

• Locked thread