Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i think hes funny and the shitass pet-fuckers bit made me laugh really hard. aurite cya *hoverfarts away*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
funniest guy is my friend todd, he needs to get his own show

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: S05E05 of Louie is one of the best things that has ever been on the Television including good episodes of The Wire, True Detective, and Breaking Bad. :siren:

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

:siren: S05E05 of Louie is one of the best things that has ever been on the Television including good episodes of The Wire, True Detective, and Breaking Bad. :siren:

thanks i'll check it out

peace

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone I've met who doesn't like him also tend to have really strong opinions on things and talk about them at socially awkward times. Like the venn diagram of "hates Louie" and "perpetually offended autist" has an awful lot of overlap.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

i think hes funny and the shitass pet-fuckers bit made me laugh really hard. aurite cya *hoverfarts away*

I chekced to see if that's the bit I thought it was and it is and its a good bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwD0uGNkP9c

Also someone else mentioned the Doug Stanhope ep of Louie and it's good too.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

oh yeah doug stanhope is great too. i like comedians with disastrous lives who are p honest about it

I paid to see him live, and it was well worth the money.

The set was a good mix of new/old stuff, and he eviscerated a heckler.

By the end of the set, he was shithoused to the point that he wasn't using words, and he emptied two bottles of beer on his head, onstage.

His poor, poor liver...

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
IME, anyone who calls complete strangers "fam" is a jackoff.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Oh NOW I recognize him...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Fansy posted:

funniest guy is my friend todd, he needs to get his own show

i killed your "friend" "todd"

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

He looks like a klingon or something.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
I like Joe Rogan

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaIFgse4Hw

Edit: wrong video! Here's the one where his daughter shits on the floor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s120QJv6Ikg

Lol at arguing with a toddler over "pig newton"

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite CK set is one called "Cinema Classics". He's just on stage loving around for 10 minutes trying new material. It's on youtube and its great.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I like Michael McIntyre, he makes observations about real life. Like, have you ever noticed how weird shopping it? You pay... For goods and services. You pay money. Money that you earned. For things. It's crazy, ladies and gentlemen. Absolutely bananas!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked Louis CK before the part of his act where he talks about how his entire life revolves around women eclipsed the rest of it. Now no small portion of it is "man I'm just a big dummy who don't get women" and that gets old a bit too fast imo.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
His entire bit is basically just a lower rent latter-day Carlin. Everyone is afraid to say he's an unfunny old gently caress because if they say he's bad they have to admit Carlin was awful pretty much the moment he started being edgy up until the last couple specials before he died.

But in all actuality hes a sex pest and should be reviled as such. "Louis CK" should not bring to mind standup but the image of him body-blocking 2 young comic chicks who wanted to smoke weed with him in his room while the harsh motel light dazzles off his pasty white skin and bright orange pubes while he jerks his tiny pud to completion

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

quote:

We've heard from several sources that this shameless funnyman whips it out at the most inopportune moments, often at times when his female companions have expressed no interest in watching him go at it. A representative example: At the Aspen Comedy Festival a few years ago, he invited a female comedy duo back to his hotel room. The two ladies gladly joined him, and offered him some weed. He turned it down, but asked if it would be OK if he took his dick out.

Thinking he was joking (that's exactly the kind of thing this guy would say), the women gave a facetious thumbs up. He wasn't joking. When he actually started jerking off in front of them, the ladies decided that wasn't their bag and made for the exit. But the comedian stood in front of the door, blocking their way with his body, until he was done.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
shut up you idiots

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

shut up you idiots

Great contribution, next thread needs you gogogogo!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Stupid Baby posted:

His entire bit is basically just a lower rent latter-day Carlin. Everyone is afraid to say he's an unfunny old gently caress because if they say he's bad they have to admit Carlin was awful pretty much the moment he started being edgy up until the last couple specials before he died.

But in all actuality hes a sex pest and should be reviled as such. "Louis CK" should not bring to mind standup but the image of him body-blocking 2 young comic chicks who wanted to smoke weed with him in his room while the harsh motel light dazzles off his pasty white skin and bright orange pubes while he jerks his tiny pud to completion

Being like Carlin is an unambiguous huge compliment and girls get jerked off on in girl rooms on the reg.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

A Stupid Baby posted:

if they were truly comedians theyd have whipped out the phones and filmed it with witty narration in the spirit of MST3CM

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
IMO they should have (and probably did) help him jo a little bit while giggling. Anyway I appreciate their moderation along the whole "we didn't really get raped so I guess we won't really say who did it" lines.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I do not like Louis C.K. but I love David Lynch's cameos in his show.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Peebla posted:

I would feel kinda bad if I was one of his kids and I grew up and realized hey my dad made a ton of money by insulting me and talking about how much he couldn't stand me and my awful infant bodily functions.

Also it would stink to know your dad couldn't beat up anyone else's dad ever.

but enough about Lowtax,

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Some people think that comedians make good actors; louis ck proves otherwise

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I like the bit where he acts like he's a poor lovely guy just like everyone else but then he continually references how much money he has.
EDIT: He's basically larry the cable guy for non-rednecks, is what I'm getting at.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

This is something that is creepy irl but if it was one of his comedy bits I would laugh a lot probably.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

echronorian posted:

Like, his show, aesthetically, is tremendous. But funny? No. And his standup is even worse. Anyone I've ever met that likes this guy has turned out to be a full fledged sociopath. Aggresively depressed, often some sort of stunting in growth as a human being (think 40 year old that acts like an informed 22), and uncomfortable to talk to. Can I get a gyeah from my cool people that know this guy and his brand of "comedy" is dull/creepy?

Louis CK is not funny. It seems he may also be a serial dong-wagging sex-offender who crushes the budding careers of female comics who stand up to him.

vv Cosby is loving hilarious, though. That is a crucial difference, although not one that excuses sleep-raping women.

Centripetal Horse fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 2, 2016

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Centripetal Horse posted:

Louis CK is not funny. It seems he may also be a serial dong-wagging sex-offender who crushes the budding careers of female comics who stand up to him.

ya i liek cosby too

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I think Joe Rogan might start a cult

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Soul posted:

I think Joe Rogan might start a cult

Joe Rogan already belongs to some cult 100%, he just smokes too much weed or whatever to really be contained fully by them.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Centripetal Horse posted:

vv Cosby is loving hilarious, though. That is a crucial difference, although not one that excuses sleep-raping women.

Cosby funny, Louis CK also funny. Louis also has made now two top class comedy kinda shows on the TV which he writes and directs and edits and all that on his own.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

It really is all a bit unnecessary.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My wife says I look and act just like him, and she's right. *puts hand on wall* :(

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

He is funnt

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Reverse Centaur posted:

My wife says I look and act just like him, and she's right. *puts hand on wall* :(

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

echronorian posted:

Like, his show, aesthetically, is tremendous. But funny? No. And his standup is even worse. Anyone I've ever met that likes this guy has turned out to be a full fledged sociopath. Aggresively depressed, often some sort of stunting in growth as a human being (think 40 year old that acts like an informed 22), and uncomfortable to talk to. Can I get a gyeah from my cool people that know this guy and his brand of "comedy" is dull/creepy?

im gau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

• Locked thread