Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Some old people differentiate semi-autos and revolvers by calling one a pistol and one a revolver I don't know why but it's a thing.

Doesn't everyone do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Should I bother caucusing for the first time in Colorado tonight?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Radbot posted:

DO IT! At least experience the process once.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Fried Chicken posted:

Man, right off the bat it asks me Ann McLane Kuster or Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Why you gotta do that to me man?

Kuster, no question. Looks like a Mom, instead of a human/poodle hybrid that will likely criticize you the whole time.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Deserved retribution for making us all sad with your Newt-alternate-future story :colbert:

Radbot posted:

Just do it, and then post a Trip Report because Caucuses are Fun!

EDIT: But seriously, if you have the opportunity to participate in democracy, you should, always. :911:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do it so you have an answer for anyone who responds to your complaints with "Well, did you vote? :smug:"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It is your patriotic duty to show up, caucus, and drink as much as possible before, during, and after. :patriot:

My 12th grade civics textbook was from the 80s and described the national party conventions as one big... party.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
OK, I'll go. I've heard they can be pretty annoying and disorganized so I'll smoke a joint when I arrive. :)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

It is your patriotic duty to show up, caucus, and drink as much as possible before, during, and after. :patriot:

My 12th grade civics textbook was from the 80s and described the national party conventions as one big... party.

Yeah, pretty sure they still are. All booze and blow.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Let's dispel the notion that caucuses are fun, they aren't fun.

If you find them fun, become a politician because your brain works differently than mine.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yet another piece of proof that we live in the worst timeline.
Six seasons and a movie :smith:

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah, pretty sure they still are. All booze and blow.
And prostitutes and total denial of everything.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
I'm putting way too much thought into this Sexycongress.net thing.

"Hmm, he's younger and better looking, but the other guy looks nicer, and would probably appreciate me more..."
"Lindsay Graham or generic Republican? Come come now, Lindsay knows his way around a man."
"Rand Paul!? Oh man, you gonna get loved tenderly. :getin:"

I wondered why it was giving me mostly men, and then remembered that there are far less women in congress in the first place.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SedanChair posted:

If you find them fun, become a politician because your brain works differently than mine.

For the participants, maybe, but I just enjoy reading the Goon posts about whatever new form of chaos has erupted this time that somehow leaves the fate of the precinct in the hands of a coin flip.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Big endorsement out of North Carolina.

https://twitter.com/SenatorBurr/status/704733031018455041

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Talmonis posted:

I'm putting way too much thought into this Sexycongress.net thing.

Explaining to the air around you exactly why you're choosing one over the other is half the fun, really.

Also now I have crushes on Martin Heinrich and Kirsten Gillibrand that I know will never be fulfilled :sigh:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SedanChair posted:

you're just mad you didn't get to be caucus chair

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

This man is the better of my Senators.

There is no :negative: big enough.

At one point he was my congresscritter :negative:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Spam can be good (spam musubi anyone?) but eating straight from the can and covering it with a disposable glove?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Explaining to the air around you exactly why you're choosing one over the other is half the fun, really.

Also now I have crushes on Martin Heinrich and Kirsten Gillibrand that I know will never be fulfilled :sigh:

Liz Warren is my secret crush. I love a lady with passion.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Too be fair the Hormel is a terrible company and you should by other brands of canned meat.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Should require in the OP that all posters use the proper naming convention for Donald Drumpf. Or at least that everyone get the Chrome extension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Talmonis posted:

Liz Warren is my secret crush. I love a lady with passion.

I get this. She really does speak as if she is brimming with rage for every person ever hosed over by a powerful business. She's not a stellar orator, but her obvious passion for her work buoys her speeches.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

And prostitutes and total denial of everything.

I was going to throw in bitches, but I'm trying not to be like that and couldn't think of a less disrespectful alliteration.

Booty, I guess. Booze and booty and blow.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

I was going to throw in bitches, but I'm trying not to be like that and couldn't think of a less disrespectful alliteration.

So a rap song?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

This reminds me of the Key & Peele sketch with the pirate ship. I'd follow that Captain into hell.

"We say Yo Ho, but we don't say 'Ho', cuz ho is disrespectful yo."

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

showbiz_liz posted:

I remember, as a kid, hearing my dad talk about all the insane 60s and 70s political poo poo he grew up with and thinking "wow it sure would have been weird to live in such a politically volatile time! Guess I'll never know what THAT'S like!"

So I take it you missed the Bush years too then.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

So I take it you missed the Bush years too then.

The Bush years don't begin to compare to the riots and turmoil of the Vietnam era.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Talmonis posted:

The Bush years don't begin to compare to the riots and turmoil of the Vietnam era.

Seriously, America hasn't seen anything remotely close to the those two decades in the years since.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

David Frum is attacking Clinton for supporting the Iraq War and saber-rattling at Iran.

I am entirely too sober for this poo poo

https://twitter.com/fdrlst/status/704752324539879424

They're absolutely losing their minds right now.

Too bad assholes. Reap what you've sown.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cugel the Clever posted:

Should require in the OP that all posters use the proper naming convention for Donald Drumpf. Or at least that everyone get the Chrome extension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

He's not Rumplestiltskin.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Talmonis posted:

Back when labor actually had some actual power. Now everyone's delegated to a freedom zones or they get annihilated by modern anti protest techniques.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/fdrlst/status/704752324539879424

They're absolutely losing their minds right now.

Too bad assholes. Reap what you've sown.

I've never wanted to get drunk in the middle of the day so badly in my life

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

McDowell posted:

This is not a psychotic episode - it is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Screaming racial epithets is some kind of spiritual degreaser?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Radbot posted:

Spam can be good (spam musubi anyone?) but eating straight from the can and covering it with a disposable glove?
Spam is fine when griddled for breakfast.

Thing is, he's from North Carolina, and if he can't get some Neese's formed meat product then I might just vote for the other Republican.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Matt Yglesias now attacking GOP establishment candidates for "responded to a terror arak by invading the wrong country and letting the perpetrator get away"

I am entirely too sober for this poo poo

(FYI neither Cruz not Rubio voted for Iraq - they weren't in. But Yglesias was a big cheerleader for it, and objected to Obama's plan to pursue bin Laden anywhere)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So what's the chances that Rubio is done after tonight? By that I mean, after Florida on the 15th, but figuratively after tonight.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I really really really cannot loving wait for the White House Press Correspondent's Dinner.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Boon posted:

So what's the chances that Rubio is done after tonight? By that I mean, after Florida on the 15th, but figuratively after tonight.

Ex-senator Norm Coleman is on CNN boostering for Rubio saying "It's not about winning tonight"

His campaign is bragging to the NY Tines (and donors and allies in a phone call) that tonight doesn't matter because they are set to fight on to the convention

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Boon posted:

The fight tonight is probably going to be a fight for 2nd place. Trump will place first, and whomever places 2nd gets the party's full backing and resources while they try desperately to keep Trump from getting the nod. 3rd place is forced to suspend their campaign and fucks off to whine about it on cable TV.

Edit: Norm Coleman is an opportunistic slimebag, but even democrats concede that he did a Great Good Thing by bringing NHL hockey back to Minnesota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Boon posted:

There's a very good chance he won't take a single state tonight, and I think the muttering about :fork: ness will start to intensify dramatically after then.

But actually ending? Rubio has a decent chance at Florida and Arizona, and he'll try to keep the Marcomentum rolling after that. FC is right that they'll almost certainly just keep pushing all the way to the end, given that Rubio will want to stay in contention for the possibility of getting chosen at a brokered convention.

• Locked thread