Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Chibi Peppers posted:

refraction in the bottle is super good, especially given that it's not really that visible in the original photo
Thanks. My teacher also said he liked my bottle. That photo's a little messed up because I zoomed way in; next time I'll just move closer.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

that's pretty quick. i once spent a whole day in a drawing class (like a solid six hours) drawing one picture of one dude from one angle and it wasn't even rendered, just a line drawing.

e: drawing is surprisingly hard work
Charcoal in particular is dangerous for this because nothing is permanent. You're supposed to rub the drawing with your hand as you go, meaning that you can wipe away parts and redraw them endlessly.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Thanks. My teacher also said he liked my bottle. That photo's a little messed up because I zoomed way in; next time I'll just move closer.

Charcoal in particular is dangerous for this because nothing is permanent. You're supposed to rub the drawing with your hand as you go, meaning that you can wipe away parts and redraw them endlessly.

loving your sketches and also love using charcoal

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Luvcow posted:

loving your sketches and also love using charcoal
Thanks! Your mouse is my favorite character so far. Maybe I'll try my hand at painting someday. It's interesting how you make gray by mixing white with the black background right on the canvas. Do you sketch the work with a pencil first and then paint over that?

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 3, 2016

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Thanks! Your mouse is my favorite character so far. Maybe I'll try my hand at painting someday. It's interesting how you make gray by mixing white with the black background right on the canvas. Do you sketch the work with a pencil first and then paint over that?

no sketching first, each one took about 10 minutes, just wet on wet painting, squirt of red then green, mix on the board to get the black then come in with the white, use the puddles that formed on the sides to get any other black i need.

Too many good sketches itt to quote but i was enjoying them immensely and wanted to contribute but really wanted to paint due to the very cool computer/tablet pics that have been posted here too (i.e. salmiakki and bacalou etc.) so i compromised and made sure i had something i could do quick and hopefully daily. thinking my march theme will be the mouse.

seriously would like to make a mega quote post because I'm loving this thread and its various artists.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Day 3:
I really don't like this sketch, but its a good exercise.

Chibi Peppers

Luvcow posted:

seriously would like to make a mega quote post because I'm loving this thread and its various artists.

nothing in this world will convince i don't suck at drawing, but others might enjoy it, so i'd say go ahead :)

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I drew this today as well to keep practicing animating things so I'll put it here.

This is some weird cut down version, the proper version is stupidly big

E: edited for stupid typo

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 3, 2016

Android Blues

omfg...s.i.b. you are an inspiration

i love this thread in general, seeing so many peoples' varied art styles is a real treat

Salmiakki

I drew this today as well to keep practicing animating things so I'll put it here.

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

That was still easier to do than either of the drawings I did today and yesterday

I really like seeing what everyone can do and i'm looking forward to seeing how we're all doing by the end.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I can see how this thread might last longer than a month

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I used to draw and sketch and doodle a lot, some sculpting and also some painting. I gave a lot of it up because of some physical ailments in my hands, but I had surgery recently so I feel inclined to give this a go. I'm really out of practice, and it (painfully) shows. I wouldn't have given some of my submissions to my mother to put on her fridge, but I also am interested in seeing how this pans out at the end of the month.

The hardest part is resisting the urge to practice and give "better" submissions, but I think that would totally belie the point, unless I'm mistaken. Regardless, I hope what I submit at the end of the month is better than what I did initially. I plan on switching to colored pencils soon, I might even get some canvas and acrylics and try that out. There are many more opportunities in the month left, who knows?

I'm looking forward to this

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Afro Doug

thats really fuckin good

Urodov

quick question:
are my images not loading for people?

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Robot Made of Meat

Urodov posted:

quick question:
are my images not loading for people?

I see a flattish line of colors. So, no, I guess.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FluffieDuckie

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I see a flattish line of colors. So, no, I guess.

i've seen your 3 daily entries. i always assumed that flatish line was a sig :shrug:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Urodov

FluffieDuckie posted:

i've seen your 3 daily entries. i always assumed that flatish line was a sig :shrug:

yes, that is my
sig
*sigh*
my entries may be late more often if i have to use imgur, due to reasons
should i edit those posts or probably just repost when i get them reuploaded?

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

FluffieDuckie

Urodov posted:

yes, that is my
sig
*sigh*
my entries may be late more often if i have to use imgur, due to reasons
should i edit those posts or probably just repost when i get them reuploaded?

you mean they're going to disappear? i can still see them right now

bacalou

reupload them to imgur bc i don't see poo poo. that being said, here is another draw, still one day behind BECAUSE IM A GOOD THREAD MAKER AND ROLE MODEL

FluffieDuckie

bacalou posted:

reupload them to imgur bc i don't see poo poo.

wait when you click the little ? under his name you don't see his three entries?

bacalou

FluffieDuckie

holy poo poo

FluffieDuckie

Urodov posted:

first

second

Chibi Peppers

I wanted to do something a little more time-consuming today, but my organisation skills suck, so I guess I'll just drop two images tomorrow.

Mapparu

i drew two things and i will upload my three things tomorrow. sorry for the delay.

Urodov

it's looking like #3 really doesn't want to get uploaded
so for now, here we go

(relevant to the circumstances https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgQfz2a0JfQ)

Urodov fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 4, 2016

èëè ñâîáîäó

Android Blues

before, i wasn't seeing the images, so when i right clicked one of them and selected open image in new tab, i got redirected to a weird hosting site with this picture on white...which i just assumed was that site's 404 page

it's good though, and would make a really good weird indie 404 page, because it sure well fooled me

Urodov

Android Blues posted:

before, i wasn't seeing the images, so when i right clicked one of them and selected open image in new tab, i got redirected to a weird hosting site with this picture on white...which i just assumed was that site's 404 page

it's good though, and would make a really good weird indie 404 page, because it sure well fooled me

hehehehe nice

èëè ñâîáîäó

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
03/03 entry:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Salmiakki

day 4

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

E: edited for stupid typo

i need to get a new tablet bc when you have been doing these types of art threads i just sit on the sidelines and watch like some fat kid playing his violin inside while everyone plays outside my window

case in point, this is awesome

Chibi Peppers posted:

nothing in this world will convince i don't suck at drawing, but others might enjoy it, so i'd say go ahead :)

your figure drawings were really good :shrug:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
3/4/16-
I tried to draw Tesla, my favorite inventor and inspiration when I was a kid for getting into electricity and electronics, original:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

4th piccie

it's a baby shoe and a lady shoe on top of a jumper draped onto a stool. there's something off but I haven't allowed myself time to fix it. There's always tomorrow...

Urodov

fourth

èëè ñâîáîäó

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i like your pictures now that I can see them!

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

this is a sequel to #3

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Are we allowed to critique each other's work?

Robot Made of Meat

bacalou posted:

. . .

but i gotta lay down some rules

. . .

critique and suggestions are welcome and recommended but use common sense: don't be a dick!!!!!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

I'm good at reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

MrWillsauce posted:

this is a sequel to #3

Something isn't quite right about the semicircle that makes up the water, or the edges of the cup. 10 points for realism -posting leads to being a skeleton.

• Locked thread