Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

MrLonghair posted:

With that I've seen seven out of 18 areas in the game. Feels like there's at least Bloodborne x2 worth of PvE time in there even if I think back a year to my first playthrough of BB.

New streamer starting out fresh as Assassin: https://www.twitch.tv/mtsuzuki8 unfortunately playing with the twitch chat bar streamed visible.

As toxic as the chats have been, sometimes people say randomly hilarious poo poo. "Hiroshima" at the dragon fire cracked me the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
japan-codes is entirely out of psn cards now.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I just looked at Play-Asia just to see how much it would ring me if I decided to double dip and JESUS it's expensive. The 5000 yen card alone is like $70 :canada:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Alabaster White posted:

I just looked at Play-Asia just to see how much it would ring me if I decided to double dip and JESUS it's expensive. The 5000 yen card alone is like $70 :canada:

At this point Solaris Japan is your best bet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kBwC75zuQ5hfvifsmHHIlszK1CRC7dmSRdCdoI5Xwd8/edit?pli=1#gid=548366882

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

I notice my installed games are showing up on the Japanese account also. Will I have online functionality through the plus of my main account?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Major boss fight spoilers: Abyss Watchers is multiple Lady Marias at once with kickass music

VVV That's the best part

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 23, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's a tiny problem with that, and that's they all carry over the incredible weakness to parry/backstabs she has as well.

EDIT: Oh wow, this new dungeon... these catacombs seem shot for shot out of a Chalice dungeon, it's freaking me out. Love the Shotel using guys though, they're doing flips and throwing knives too.
Traps: there are GIANT BALLS OF SKELETONS rolling up and down hallways, and urns filled with bones that start releasing dark spells at you if you break them. Finally punishing those rolling instincts!

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 23, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Okay do not buy from Solaris Japan holy gently caress. I ordered a 10k yen card and now they want me to verify that I'm a real person or some poo poo by sending a text to my phone number (the phone number I put in is a landline and my cell doesn't have texting abilities).

I have little faith that I will actually receive this code by the time the game drops.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This boss intro is amazing.
Also holy crap miniboss/special enemy spoiler: there's a decayed, moss covered Asylum/Stray Demon just sitting on top of a Lothric wall with the exact same moveset from DS1

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 23, 2016

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
You guys wanna get hyped? Launch trailer time!

Major spoilers though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjY99zF3_to

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

Also holy crap miniboss/special enemy spoiler: there's a decayed, moss covered Asylum/Stray Demon just sitting on top of a Lothric wall with the exact same moveset from DS1

Now that boss intro is Dark Souls as gently caress. It's the classic Miyazaki challenge. "Here is a glowy thing. You want it. You know it's a trap, and I know you're going to go for it anyway, and we both know you're about to die. Now: dance."

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

I got it for $50 USD. combined with the 3000 it was $80 total which isn't that bad.

HGH posted:

That boss into is Shadow Tower as gently caress.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So, further details on that boss.
That seems to be Yohrm the Giant. You get to him by reaching an altar at the bottom of the catacomb, at which point you touch a chalice that drowns the area in darkness. You end in the WebM's location, which is the plain with an item on it, walls around the room, and a cliffside behind you. Yohl is constantly emitting an extremely damaging miasma from his body, so you need to attack his hands. Eventually one breaks, which causes him to move up and corner you against the wall, lest you die from the miasma. The second hand is positioned closer to his body and trickier as well, so you either need to damage it from a distance or dart in and out as quickly as possible, because the fog can kill you in 3 seconds tops.
As far as attacks go, he swipes with his arms, summons skeletons, breathes the fog around the area, and can summon a giant sword to wield in his right hand.

Also crazy rear end weapon moveset:
https://twitter.com/Tomatomatomaboo/status/712385139712471040?s=03

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 23, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

HGH posted:

So, further details on that boss.
That seems to be Yohl the Giant. You get to him by reaching an altar at the bottom of the catacomb, at which point you touch a chalice that drowns the area in darkness. You end in the WebM's location, which is the plain with an item on it, walls around the room, and a cliffside behind you. Yohl is constantly emitting an extremely damaging miasma from his body, so you need to attack his hands. Eventually one breaks, which causes him to move up and corner you against the wall, lest you die from the miasma. The second hand is positioned closer to his body and trickier as well, so you either need to damage it from a distance or dart in and out as quickly as possible, because the fog can kill you in 3 seconds tops.
As far as attacks go, he swipes with his arms, summons skeletons, breathes the fog around the area, and can summon a giant sword to wield in his right hand.

Also crazy rear end weapon moveset:
https://twitter.com/Tomatomatomaboo/status/712385139712471040?s=03

Highlord Wolnir as per the trophy name and icon. The trophes also seem to line boss names up in what could be a correct order going by these first six, the ultimate final boss likely being the final named boss trophy.

Sweet rear end weapon source is using the boss soul from the Deacons of The Deep.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah I totally messed up on the name there. Even confused him with an NPC.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MrLonghair posted:

Sweet rear end weapon source is using the boss soul from the Deacons of The Deep.

That's not Abyss Watcher's soul weapon? They fight with greatsword and dagger. Why would a gang of clergyman have a cool sword as a weapon and not something more priestly like a staff

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHNJOB7VF9c

This guy is currently in a swamp area that looks like a huge pain the rear end.

you get a curse or poison that slows your movement speed right down and these huge monsters are there that have high damage attacks and you're basically forced into mega slow fatroll the whole time

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Something about these games has made rolling knights intensely hilarious to me.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Are yes responses on the left and up or right and bottom?

e: Actually even better is this what "yes" looks like - はい

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 23, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

turtlecrunch posted:

Are yes responses on the left and up or right and bottom?

e: Actually even better is this what "yes" looks like - はい

yes

manual http://www.darksouls.jp/manual/darksouls3/ps4/index.html

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 23, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1 hour

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Genocyber posted:

I got it for $50 USD. combined with the 3000 it was $80 total which isn't that bad.

CAD is in a very very bad place right now. $80 USD is over $105 CAD.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Looks like good 'ol Trusty Patches is guarding a door. I wonder what for?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

MrLonghair posted:

Highlord Wolnir as per the trophy name and icon. The trophes also seem to line boss names up in what could be a correct order going by these first six, the ultimate final boss likely being the final named boss trophy.

That was the webm I was trying to link before, my mine was more spoilery because it showed the weapon whether you clicked on it or not (through the preview).

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

30 min

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Lakbay posted:

That's not Abyss Watcher's soul weapon? They fight with greatsword and dagger. Why would a gang of clergyman have a cool sword as a weapon and not something more priestly like a staff

Brainfart mistake, I went "oh right the cloth caster spam dudes are watching the abyss" mentally. That piece is indeed from the Abyss Watcher knights and a cool-rear end encounter. Wonder if they run the swamp zone ie zone 4 or if they're after the 7th?

Diving on loving in soon, I count on people helping out savescum trading poo poo with SNUGGLY and telling us if they find Covenants, 1v1 PvP and most importantly if they find Karmic Justice because that would have this game beat DS1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EGPjNLqjo

See you fine unkindled ones later. Remember to take regular breaks and hydrate.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
English PC streams started so we'll start getting wiki updates probably

I think I saw a "Matchmaking: OFF" option but it passed really fast on the Cohh stream, so people who are afraid of being invaded don't need to unplug the Internet cable I guess :shobon:

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 23, 2016

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wait how are there English PC streams already?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

weekly font posted:

Wait how are there English PC streams already?

They release the game to some chosen Streamers earlier, kinda like press release

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
They are playing some kind of preview version (only 1/3 of the game).

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Xbox One JP version has English text. Xbone master race

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Metanaut posted:

oh balls to that

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Meatsicle posted:

The one good thing the Xbone has ever had.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Meatsicle posted:

Fffffffffffuck

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

So the Xbone version has an English mode and the PS4 version doesn't? Or is the Xbone version literally just all in English because nobody cares enough about Xbox in Japan to warrant making a dedicated JP version?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

So the Xbone version has an English mode and the PS4 version doesn't? Or is the Xbone version literally just all in English because nobody cares enough about Xbox in Japan to warrant making a dedicated JP version?

Apparently it has to do with the Xbone's weird game licensing. There's more info about it on r/Darksouls3jpn if you're interested.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
TotalBiscuit's DS3 stream - https://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

Just starting.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHA, the online is crashing cause of the framerate drops in the options menu.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I never thought I'd regret not having an XBone but here we are

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man i like being able to fast roll at like 60%. its like i'll finally wear real armor in a souls game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Metanaut posted:

It's the full game, they can only show 1/3 of the game until april 8 (or april something), then they're allowed to stream it full

• Locked thread