Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Is hey you pikachu a shump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Is hey you pikachu a shump

yes

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What's the best shmup for ps4?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

none of them

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like resogun but its not really a shmup or anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

there are none afaik. I don't think anybody on the planet still makes vertical shooters and if they do it's probably indie crap on steam.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I think the only thing is jamestown which seems ok I guess but I'm no connoisseur

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah I think the only thing is jamestown which seems ok I guess but I'm no connoisseur

it's fun with friends

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

there are none afaik. I don't think anybody on the planet still makes vertical shooters and if they do it's probably indie crap on steam.

check out blue revolver on steam coming soon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
hopefull y cave ports the rest of this 360 titles onto steam as well i don not wan to keep this here 360

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Jamestown is solid, I forgot it was on PS4.

All the new shmup action is in the Japanese doujin scene now, which means you have to wade through an ocean of pedophile anime crap to find a decent game. So MAME and classics is the only way to go at the moment.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Agag posted:

All the new shmup action is in the Japanese doujin scene now, which means you have to wade through an ocean of pedophile anime crap to find a decent game.

Well, keep an eye out for us.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Well, keep an eye out for us.

:yikes::shlick::cthulhu:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

check out blue revolver on steam coming soon

i guess there is no steam page for it yet. well, hell, look on shmups forum or google the demo idk

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
trying to get back to crimzon clover. first go in months and i break my high score with 167,3 billion points, losing my first live to the second boss, which is noob but its good for my level.
now i can hardly get past the first stage without dying i dont know what i did to get such a score but im not doing it anymore it seems

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm playing super r type on the reg rn. My fav shmup is armed police batrider

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

let rear end kick together ♫

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

i used to be able to get to stage 7 with the fat baold guy everyone uses but that stage was so frustrating it made mme quit playing the game forever. and the stage 6 nboss

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Lol I've never cleared normal mode. I really wish it had gotten a console port

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
My favorite character is Car Pet

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mycophobia posted:

Hell yeah, Batrider is good. Did you access the "secret" characters?

I really prefer Raizing's more colorful shmups to Battle Garegga/Bakraid.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Agag posted:

Hell yeah, Batrider is good. Did you access the "secret" characters?

I really prefer Raizing's more colorful shmups to Battle Garegga/Bakraid.

yeah you can turn them on permanently in the settings

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mycophobia posted:

yeah you can turn them on permanently in the settings

The Sorcer Striker characters destroy.

I couldn't find the dip switch though, I've been putting in the code.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Agag posted:

The Sorcer Striker characters destroy.

I couldn't find the dip switch though, I've been putting in the code.

Are you playing on a pcb or mame?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mycophobia posted:

Are you playing on a pcb or mame?

MAME

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Lightneing force on the Genesis is one of the best SHUMPs of all time.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Got into some Guwange today. My favorite Cave game, even though I can't play for score.

The cat spider isn't even that hard, but justly famous.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I've been playing ketsui and I'm really bad at it, it feels way faster than other cave games and throws me off but the music and stuff is really cool

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You need a different avatar

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
https://youtu.be/jFq1m2Zk3vc

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
hows your 1cc attempt going OP? making progress?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't played in a while because I couldn't game at all because of work last week except for Friday and I was playing some classicvanias then. And now dark souls III is tomorrow so who knows. I'll have to get back to it some time

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

And now dark souls III is tomorrow so who knows.

Yeah I'm really into shmups, Nuclear Throne, and Hyper Light Drifter right now but they are all about to eat poo poo in the face of Souls III.

My only 1cc is in Dodonpachi, and the trick for me was to practice the first three stages until you can no-miss them, then you have enough lives to bombspam through every hard part in the rest of the game.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

In Training posted:

You need a different avatar

I just want a rap sheet full of like 20 of them before i change it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
is "enter the gungeon" a shmup. haha kidding of course, i know what a shmup is. i play at lot of random arcade games on mondays so i play the first few levels of a bunch of shmup. i think the last one i sat down and played outside of that was trizeal and i didnt like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agag posted:

Yeah I'm really into shmups, Nuclear Throne, and Hyper Light Drifter right now but they are all about to eat poo poo in the face of Souls III.

My only 1cc is in Dodonpachi, and the trick for me was to practice the first three stages until you can no-miss them, then you have enough lives to bombspam through every hard part in the rest of the game.

I may try to focus on Dodonpachi because it seems like it will be a little more manageable than mushihimesama late when ive got some more experience. I just picked it up tonight for a run and I can get to stage 3 and i probably could have no missed 2 if i used a bomb a half second earlier. but stage 3 boss still whoops me and i lost a life on the stage as well.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ive 1ccd space harrier

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

ive 1ccd space harrier

Nice, Space Harrier is a good hame.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i have a deep love of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

I may try to focus on Dodonpachi because it seems like it will be a little more manageable than mushihimesama late when ive got some more experience. I just picked it up tonight for a run and I can get to stage 3 and i probably could have no missed 2 if i used a bomb a half second earlier. but stage 3 boss still whoops me and i lost a life on the stage as well.

Its considered heresy by some, but save-stating on the score screen in between stages so you can practice a stage deeper in the game can be useful. Then you're prepared when you do a proper run.

I didn't do that for DDP, but I've done it in games where the ranking system really changes how each stage plays.

• Locked thread