Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm really liking the Hunter. The Crossbow is my favorite starter weapon, and the extra keys and hearts and ammo and such you can get after each room are incredibly valuable.

shes the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
This game is slow utter garbage and the target audience is twitch.tv streamers. four loving pages. you people should be ashamed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ararararararararararara

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nihnoz posted:

This game is slow utter garbage and the target audience is twitch.tv streamers. four loving pages. you people should be ashamed.

Someone send this guy to fail jail.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Nihnoz posted:

i was confused why cpn payne made such a fail post

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i was confused why cpn payne made such a fail post

I hate when that happens, he should be probated to avoid confusion.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

I hate when that happens, he should be probated to avoid confusion.

He should be killed

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

ararararararararararara

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is it slow tho?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think isaac is slower

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is it slow tho?
It seems pretty similar to Binding of Isaac from what little I played of that. It's probably slow for a shmup.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It seems pretty similar to Binding of Isaac from what little I played of that. It's probably slow for a shmup.

yeah except you can teleport between rooms so you can save time backtracking for that heart you left behind

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Acne Gamer in DXracer w/full fighter pilot helmet: poo poo is laggy as gently caress fam. say pjsalt in this mufuckka if you see these frames dropping.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*laughs exactly like pooh bear while homebrew benchmark program reads a steady 30fps*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*laughs exactly like pooh bear while homebrew benchmark program reads a steady 30fps*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i liked it for the 20 minutes i played of it but now i'll be playing dark souls4 or doing work stuff at home in my free time , sigh.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lucky i still have my buttons all :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Acne Gamer in DXracer w/full fighter pilot helmet: poo poo is laggy as gently caress fam. say pjsalt in this mufuckka if you see these frames dropping.

lol

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
super space turtle is a qt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm really liking the Hunter. The Crossbow is my favorite starter weapon, and the extra keys and hearts and ammo and such you can get after each room are incredibly valuable.

I misread this as Hunter: The Crossbow, which I thought was a reference in Gungeon to the Hunter: The Reckoning game, released for the Nintendo Gamecube in 2002.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Nihnoz posted:

Don't post here.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

The hunter has a great passive but I don't really like the crossbow

I've been sticking with the marine a lot because I like his starting gun and passive, the active is good cuz usually full ammo box for a gun you want is more useful than starting with a gun you don't want

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
convict -> marine -> hunter -> pilot is my personal preference. there all equally good though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The hunter has a great passive but I don't really like the crossbow

I've been sticking with the marine a lot because I like his starting gun and passive, the active is good cuz usually full ammo box for a gun you want is more useful than starting with a gun you don't want
The Marine seems solid, and the Pilot seems like he could be alright but starts pretty weak. I don't like the Convict, but that's just because I don't get how to use shotguns effectively in this. It seems like being farther away from enemies is a better idea.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The sawed-off feels better if you stop trying to be optimal with it and just blast away at groups from a relatively safe distance.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

This indie pixel art roguelike is pretty win actually lmfao ahahhahahaha

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This indie pixel art roguelike is pretty win actually lmfao ahahhahahaha

The only three reasons to play this game are brain damage, severe inborn mental retardation, or a weekly youtube let's play with 10,000 views.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

The only three reasons to play this game are brain damage, severe inborn mental retardation, or a weekly youtube let's play with 10,000 views.

post this kind of thing on badgame.net and not here please. no1 likes listening to depressed 40 yo otakus QQ exept for other depressed, 40 yo otakus.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This guy's real mad at the idea of people playing games online and other people looking at them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

Oh look at this bitch mad at my subscribers moneys from Google and Patreon

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

This guy's real mad at the idea of people playing games online and other people looking at them.

I think it's fairly gay personally

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Oh look at this bitch mad at my subscribers moneys from Google and Patreon

Top o' the morning to yeh laddies and we're here today to play ENTER THE GUNGEON

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Nihnoz posted:

It's not that bad but would be a lot better with the following:

- Increased base movement speed
- No enemy HP scaling
- Lowered enemy HP / increased gun damage
- Increased enemy spawns
- RNG slightly favors the player instead of working against them
- Guaranteed gun chest on every floor

Hopefully the devs will patch stuff like this in (lol)

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Nihnoz posted:

Top o' the morning to yeh laddies and we're here today to play ENTER THE GUNGEON

Youtubers and memes ftw.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's not that bad but would be a lot better with the following:

- Increased base movement speed
- No enemy HP scaling
- Lowered enemy HP / increased gun damage
- Increased enemy spawns
- RNG slightly favors the player instead of working against them
- Guaranteed gun chest on every floor

I think the thing I dislike the most about it is the hidden variables it tracks that drip in better drops and so on. I also don't like the teleporters but only indirectly because they could have designed the game such that they aren't really necessary.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like the teleporters but whats the loving point of them if like 5 sequential rooms randomly dont have teleporters in them

an out-of-combat sprint kinda thing would solve my only complaint about the game rly. and yeah, the RNG not rolling any guns on the first floor can be really lovely, but similar things happen in binding of isaac. you can get as far as the womb with just basic damage upgrades and health ups if the RNG fucks you over constantly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like the teleporters but whats the loving point of them if like 5 sequential rooms randomly dont have teleporters in them

an out-of-combat sprint kinda thing would solve my only complaint about the game rly. and yeah, the RNG not rolling any guns on the first floor can be really lovely, but similar things happen in binding of isaac. you can get as far as the womb with just basic damage upgrades and health ups if the RNG fucks you over constantly

The problem with BoI is if the RNG fucks you you can technically beat the game but it gets very boring and tedious as every monster takes like 10 slow-rear end shots to kill by the end. It's kind of the same deal in this game if you get stuck with your starting pistol, and enemies have even more HP in this game. I think the devs increased key drop rates in the latest patch at least.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Supposedly they're actively making changes, albeit small ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Fortunately, this game is much prettier than Isaac and has way better controls.

• Locked thread