Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #5
End of Issue 5! Get ready for #6, which will conclude the volume and promises to be action-packed!

While Jumping Flash gets the three heroes to safety outside the building - barely conscious, bloodied, and drained, they manage to identify themselves as Maritime Lawyer, Argent Ardent, and Tailwind - Mnemosyne's hard at work trying to contain the machine (or more accurately what's inside it), but it's beyond difficult for her. As the machine ticks up to ninenty nine percent, just in time for Nemesis to finish tunneling through the floor and arrive, an ominous metallic whine begins and the smooth surface of its exterior begins to separate... not entirely unlike an egg. There's a cracking noise or two, and then a bright flash, and oh no-

----------MEANWHILE----------

Damocles SHRIEKS when Getterman's mecha demolishes his sword, the shining light of Stardust Scout's spell protecting the Getternyan from any harm. For a moment he just stares at it, and then as he raises the broken blade anyways, seemingly determined to attack with it anyways... and just in time to get clobbered by Red Witch's magic, that last hit sending him rocketing off his feet. Looks like it's lights out for Damocles. Speaking of lights, Lunar Knight seems to have noticed one. "Oh no - that must be the-"

-----------------------------------------

EVERYONE - There is an explosion of pure and terrible power from deep within the heart of the main Spark Industries building, and it's probably more luck or destiny than it is skill that you all manage to survive it (describe how). Lightning arcs away from the center towards the sky, and the roar of the blast is deafening. The stone, the steel, nearly everything that once was this complex is utterly annihilated.

And, as the (almost unbelievable amount of) smoke clears, as your ears start to work again, as the totality of the wreckage becomes plain to all of you... you also see a lone figure standing at the epicenter of the blast, staring at all of you with an expression that borders somewhere between bemusement and adoration. Whoever - whatever - this thing is, right now you know maybe three things about it. It's linked to DEUS and those heroes it just drained, it is scary powerful, and it's just been born here in the middle of Zone Twenty Tree.

????? - Red Level Threat
Special Rules
????? - ?????
????? - ?????
????? - ?????

Suddenly, he reaches both hands out menacingly - but he just cracks his fingers instead of attacking or actually doing anything other than smiling at the reaction he just got from some of you. Looking from one of you to the next, he stops on Nemesis... and a truly wicked grin crosses his face. "Ahhhh, how wonderful!" While individual expectations as to what his voice sounds like may have varied, it turns out it's a surprisingly deep baritone British accent, with just a hint of reverb to it. "Thirty seconds old, and my little sister has already shown up to celebrate my birthday with me!"

Not bothering to explain himself further, he looks towards Mnemosyne, and any hint of joviality he had is gone from his voice and from his eyes - it's obvious he's FURIOUS with her, and there's even more overt cruelty in his demeanor now. "So YOU'RE the one that tried to interfere. You'll love the result of your efforts..." He waves a hand about in the air for a moment, not bothering with a rhyme... and, horrifyingly, it seems the Mists obey him to a limited extent now as well - he's called some up of it around his fingers.

Grinning at the group once again, he gestures about the carnage dramatically. "Wow, looks like you all have a lot of cleaning up to do here. People to get to safety..." He casts a knowing look towards the injured heroes, his threat obvious. "Maybe you should leave Nemesis here so the two of us can... talk things out. I'll give the rest of you a five minute head start if you do, that's definitely enough time for a couple of you - I'm being extra generous since it's my birthday today, after all."

What do you all do now?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: In the DANGER ZONE

Thanks to a snap reaction, Nemesis managed to turn a small amount of rock into a makeshift cocoon to safeguard her from the horrendously powerful blast. The second she turned her power off, the mass of rock crumbles apart, leaving behind Nemesis, who is just blankly staring at the man about twenty meters in front of him. Finally managing to snap her gaze off him, she looks around her... seeing only a crater around her... and her team mates, thank heaven. However, they were worryingly far away considering there is a man whose mere 'BIRTH' just created a crater the size a building complex.

And yet... she can't help walking forward, as if in a trance. Of course, her power is active. No, it's more than active. It's full bore. It's as if it's cutting the air itself as she walks forward.

"H-Happy birthday, brother. You sure know how to start things off with a bang, huh..." she says as she moves closer.

"So... before we start... there's something I need to know. You know my name, and that we're both DEUS. Do... Do you know anything else? About me? Or... them?"

Provoking Devilguy: 2d6+1 5 Sigh.. Potential. Banking advance.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 24, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane 0
Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ruins

Gritting my teeth, I can only keep trying to drain the container as I watch the numbers slowly tick upwards. It's not fair! I mentally will it to go down, but the progress of the gage only slows, but never reverses. As I see it tick towards the last few numbers, I give up and go into a running slide that takes me under a felled bit of wall and pull some of the rubble in the room towards me as I duck and cover. I wave my hand over me to conjure up a cushion of mist to protect me, and hold my breath.

It's forced out of me by the concussive blast of a bomb going off almost right next to me. The only thing that saves me is that most of the blast is directed upwards, so I'm only pinned to the ground in my makeshift fort instead of incinerated.

After the dust clears and I crawl out of the pile of rubble that protected me, I finally get a good look at the one who caused all the destruction, and I watch as Nemesis and he start talking for a moment. Then, my blood runs cold as he turns to me and crudely commands the mist. For a moment, I just stare at him, mouth agape. I can't believe it. I don't think anyone with such obviously evil intentions has had control of the mists before, and... for a moment, I'm struck through with nothing but terror. The amount of damage he could cause is...

No. I can't think about that. I refuse to give the mist what it wants by giving into fear. And you know what's REALLY good way to not be afraid?

Be angry instead.

It's not hard, either. I mean, I have to work so hard to keep the mists under control. There's NO way I'm going to let some fresh faced rear end in a top hat just start playing with it like it's some sort of toy. I stagger to my feet, still disoriented from the blast, and I have to grab a bit of rubble to steady myself. Pulling myself the rest of the way up, I return his furious glare. Then, I reach out my hand to send a tidal wave of mist crashing down on him, only barely remembering to make a rhyme as I snarl,

"A hand so eager,
yet skill so meager,
You toy with things unknown?
This I cannot condone."

Then, I clench my fist and make a sudden, vicious tearing gesture, pulling every single scrap of mist away from him.

<capfalcon_work> Unleash power of mists
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 8+2 = 10

Seizing control of the mists back from him.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak:+2/Danger:-1(-2)/Savior:0/Superior:+2/Mundane:0 (+1)
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries

Getterman quickly attaches the YoYo to Getternyan and swings down to get the unconscious Damocles and bring him back onto getternyan, strapping him down and getting the other heroes into Getternyan's ambulance. It was sudden but Getternyan flew up with getterman clinging to the yoyo as he watched the building explode under him. His hand held tight against his hat. He watches the wreckage below and gets ready to call in EMS when he sees it. The other heroes were safe but some where still coming after the thing that just emerged. He could tell that the guy was strong so he needed to pull out all the stops...there was only one choice. He sighs and looks up. "GetterNyan I need you to go to the Supers hospital and deliver the heroes and Damocles. I will be fine...I think. But this is your job now" Getternyan meows sadly and watches as Getterman opens the hatch to Getternyan's side and slides his hands in, pulling out giant Cat Claws sized for him before he disconnects from Getternyan and flies down to the rubble below. He uses a claw that ejects out as a grappling hook and uses it to swing down onto the ground next to Mnemosyne, reading himself and taking a defensive position to protect them.

"GETTERMAN runs from nothing! Anything that dares to profess it's desires to evil will face the wraith of Getterman!" He says and poses with the Getternyan Claws, ready to fight. "Are you okay?" He asks the other heroes. "I got the hurt heroes out of the way, if there are anymore villains move them to safety and when Getternyan gets back we can move them to the hospital if you can!"

quote:

Cutebagels Defending Mnemosyne using his Kirby Craft
Cutebagels .roll 2d6+2
Platonibot Cutebagels: 13 (2d6+2=6, 5)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Freak: -1 | Danger: -2 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rescue Mission Go

I am distracted, watching my team - and Getterman(?!) - defeat the last remaining villain, when I hear a soothing, amazing voice next to me, that of a dashing knight... "Oh no - that must be the-", I whip around to see what he sees, just in time to watch everything go... white. I can feel Lunar Knight's cape wrap around me, as he tries to protect me, pulling me off, away from where the explosion was originating. I scarcely have time to chant, as I put up my own shield on the both of us, trying to keep us both safe, and hoping... praying that my team would be safe as well. I didn't have the time to protect everyone, they were too far, and this explosion was too quick - I just had to trust them! "Alignment of stars, I call the shape of lord Orion's, with strength of steel, and the shield of lions!" The white colored shield I put up was....

Well, it wasn't enough, but as it exploded, it sent us flying, away from the explosion, leaving us safe, mostly, away from the explosion. But when I look back, I can see that the explosion was just the beginning of our worries. There was someone there, someone taunting us, someone who would let us go.... if we gave him Nemesis. I didn't like Nemesis sometimes, but she was my teammate, and I would never, ever let someone take her from me - not even if they looked like a true demon. But now was not the time to rush in - I could already seem my team doing that. I needed to do something more, I needed to figure out what his weaknesses were, so we would know how to fight him. How to stop him...

Or at least, how to delay him for now.

19:00 KittyEmpress pierce satan's mask
19:00 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
19:00 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+3 = 9
Actually a 7 due to Angry
How can I gain influence on you, Satan!?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Freak -1 | Danger -1 | Savior +3 | Superior 0 | Mundane +2
Potential:3/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Fan, Covered In It

After making sure the heroes are safe, I rush back into the building just in time to see this new guy get born or whatever. I don't know what this guy's deal is, but he's got his eyes on Sandy, and I can't have that!

"Nemesis! I've got your back!"

I quickly look around the surrounding area, trying to get a feel for the situation.

Assess: 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +1, Savior +0, Superior 0, Mundane +0
Potential 1+1/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

When the explosion hits me, I already have a shield up. I still go flying and hit a wall, but I'm protected enough to just shake it off. As the dust settles and this...person steps out, I glare at him. If he thinks we're just going to leave Nemesis with him, he's wrong.

[22:39] <Heliotrope> Assess the Situation
[22:39] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[22:39] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 2 = 2
Marking potential

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The Kan'non Six - Issue #6
New Issue! The Mysterious Villain's Identity Revealed! First Four Pages Full Color!
Refreshing Team - this is a dramatic standoff. You all have 4 points of team to work with, and can remove one condition due to sheer determination. This is roughly equivalent to an RPG throwing recovery items and a save point at you before a really tough boss fight~

The first two pages of the issue are dedicated to a splash page - the ruins of Spark Labs, debris and dust whipped about by a dramatic wind all along the perimeter. On the left page, all of you are assembled - Nemesis glaring the villain down as she approaches him, Getterman posing with bared claws and a ridiculous cat-ship behind him, Mnemosyne's hat blowing in the wind and her magic mist ominously not, Stardust and her new friend Lunar Knight, the powerful Red Witch and the earnest Jumping Flash - looking about as determined as you can given the situation. It'd definitely make a good team photo, but you've got way bigger problems than needing a camera right about now.

Because, the right page has this newly born DEUS creation on it - and he doesn't look bothered by you all not running. Far from it, actually, and that's definitely not a good thing. His arms crossed and his eyes lazily drifting from one of you to the next, you get the sense that you're not the only ones that know how to pick people apart for weaknesses...

What remains of the Central City Crusaders sits maybe a few dozen feet behind you, along with the unconscious Dirty Harry and Damocles. There's definitely a distant whine of sirens now, barely audible over the wind - an official response has to be only minutes away. Which, uh, may not be soon enough for all of you, as he's looking towards his self-proclaimed sister Nemesis with a truly sinister smile. "I hate to be rude to family, but that's a stupid question Sandy - of COURSE I know all about DEUS, and therefore you. You might even say I'm..." He licks his lips. "Obsessed with you. That I want you to be a big part of my life. That you complete me." He's not exactly being subtle.

Glancing at Mnemosyne, he speaks up again, no pretensions at sarcastic affection this time. "You know that didn't matter, right?" He opens his arms up, the sun is coincidentally covered by the clouds at the same moment, and his red eyes blaze brightly in the shade. "I am Omega - the Final Life Form. Now that I've tasted your power, it's a part of me forever." Omega grins cruelly, but it's obvious to Mnemosyne that he's not being entirely truthful about part of this... since if he was, he'd have used his power to taunt her here and now. There's got to be more to how he works than what he just said.

Villain Name Revealed! Special Rule Revealed!
Grand Evolutionary - Omega can absorb abilities used near him via various means and for varying durations, some of which are permanent. Learn more to make this description more accurate

"Stardust Scout and her friends will NEVER allow you to harm Nemesis," Lunar Knight reports of all a sudden, striking a pose as he does. While that's probably true, she's got an extra reason for it that nobody else has quite figured out yet... Stardust can tell that Omega doesn't just want Nemesis' powers, he NEEDS them. They're basically all he cares about here other than himself, and if you want to really frustrate him, preventing that - and maybe taunting him about it - would be the best way to do it.

Omega grins - and then he moves, faster than any of you can see. It seems he's behind the team somehow, having moved insanely fast, and his hand's glowing with a terrible energy. "I'll just have to get rid of those friends then." All of a sudden there's a wave of hideously powerful red energy washing over those of you he managed catch off guard! (Aka everyone that got a hard move: Nemesis, Red Witch, and Jumping Flash) "It seems you've all chosen to die here," he announces callously, over the sound of his attack. "Please use your powers before you do, I could use a few more!" Making things even worse, he's perfectly positioned to attack the heroes and villains you've all managed to save!

These are some dire straits you're all in, but if there's ever been a chance for the audience to see what you're really made of - this is it. What do you do in the face of such powerful evil?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 2, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries

"Nemesis is that your name?" He calls out to Nemesis "Get out of here, it is for your own good, I will be alright; trust me!" He calls as he rushes forward to stand in front of Nemesis to try and protect them "Regrouping is best right now; and they..." he says nodding to the others "Need you; so do Getterman a favor and regroup. I've faced tougher enemies during my time in my world" He turns to Omega and speaks pompously "You aren't really that powerful are you? After all here you are just standing there blathering on instead of facing your greatest opponent; Getterman!" He poses continuing to try and let his bravado work "After all I faced world destroying monsters where as what are you; some lab experiment to create the ultimate life form? Tell me is there a giant lizard on a space station that we have to skate up to defeat?"

Meanwhile Getternyan lands and uses minigetternyans to carry Dirty Harry and Damocles on stretchers into the ambulance module; it turns back once more before it turns on its loud siren and speeds away towards the hospital.

quote:

Scarybagels .roll 2d6+2 Provoking Nemesis
UnknownQuantity remove text
Platonibot Scarybagels: Provoke: 8 (2d6+2=5, 1)
if she leaves, we get a team.

Also:
Scarybagels .roll 2d6+2 Unleash Power using Kirbycraft
Platonibot Scarybagels: Unleash Power using Kirbycraft: 8 (2d6+2=3, 3)

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 2, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nemesis looks around her to see the team stick with her. Which... is but comforting and really, really worrying considering just who they're facing here!

"R-Right... okay. I'll retreat. Can't let him have my power. Good idea... wait, who are you again..?" Sandy replies to Getterman.

In one leap, she jumps behind the mysterious savior (and the rest of her team, granted)... and keeps running. There's absolutely no way she can allow Omega to have her power. Gnashing her teeth... she bails.

Take a powerful blow: 2d6+2 11 Removing myself from the situation. AGAIN.

(And thereby adding a Team)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Rescue Mission Go

I watch with my eyes widened, as Omega moves to attack my teammates - and as Nemesis actually, for once, seems to take the smart position, thinking tactically about what would be the best option for keeping the villain away from what he wanted most. I was almost proud of her - almost. Unfortunately, it also meant that we had to deal with this villain with just four of the usual team, Lunar Knight, and the Getterman Cosplayer who at least seemed to be pretty tech savvy. And I watch as Nemesis just... ignores that her teammates were being attacked by this enemy, as she does so. So maybe I'm not the most proud, seeing as she could have probably protected someone, as she ran... but still, it means one less thing to worry about Omega getting.

First thing's first, was doing my job as leader - and keeping my team safe. I might not be as fast as some of the more physically based heroes, but the magic in me made me stronger, faster, lighter, well, I basically went from falling over when trying to run for a few seconds, to jumping so high I accidentally get hit in the face by baseballs that would otherwise go to the outfield. So I dash, with all the speed I can muster, towards Jumping Flash, "Stardust Falling Star Dash!" Okay, so I didn't need to shout it, because I wasn't casting anything, but it felt like the right thing to do, as I dove towards Jumping Flash as the wave of energy was about to connect with her, lifting her into my arms as if she were weightless, and carrying her away from the blast, "Don't worry, Flashy~, Stardust's here!" I grinned at her, as I carried her out of the direct blast.

22:54 KittyEmpress FIRST OF ALL STARDUST SCOUT DEFEND
22:54 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
22:54 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+3 = 10
22:54 Rauri good lord
22:54 KittyEmpress lmao
Removing Angry

Once we were safely away from the energy he'd launched at them, I pointed to this super-jerk, and yelled, "You won't get Nemesis, you won't get anyone you want. You should give it up now, because we'll never give up our teammate - and you'll never make us! I'll keep standing, even if you try and knock me down - and I wont let you past!"

22:57 KittyEmpress Okay and now with that out of the way time for Stardust to FAIL SOMETHING
22:57 KittyEmpress STARDUST SCOUT, PROVOKE EDGELORD EXTREME
22:57 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+1
22:57 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 2+1 = 3
22:57 KittyEmpress HAHAHa
22:58 KittyEmpress loving called it

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 2, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

After giving a sidelong look at the Getterman cosplayer, I have to grant that he's at least dedicated. I mean, if you can make a functional Getternyan replica, you've crossed the line from enthusiast to crazy. Also, Stardust apparently made a friend. He... seems ok, I guess, but the cosplayer and the knight are just a distractions at the moment. I glare at Omega's continued bluster, which means I'm ready for his next attack. The mist curls around a huge chunk of debris and wrench out of the ground. Then, I pull it in front of me to take the brunt of the blast.

Not even taking a moment to see how the others are doing, I yell, "Fine! You think you're still in control! Then catch this!" A bit of dust and debris drop down as the misty tentacle holds the broken column aloft for a moment, then I flick my wrist. The misty limb rears back and hurls the giant hunk of concrete right at his stupid head!

<capfalcon_work> Let's see... what do do...
<capfalcon_work> Oh, right. Punch bad man.
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 7+1 = 8

Trade blows and get an opportunity for someone else.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 2/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

Removing Insecure

Quickly reaching out, I grab at part of the energy Omega is sending at me and quickly seize control - just like I did with Harry's magic. It stops right before hitting me.

[00:07] <Heliotrope> Unleash Powers
[00:07] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[00:07] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 10+2 = 12

Then, with another motion of my arms, I send it right back to him.

[00:12] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Omega
[00:12] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[00:12] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 12+1 = 13
Choosing to resist or avoid his blows and impress, surprise, or frighten him

"Well, actually, we've chosen NOT to die here!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sandy, Come Back!

"Aw jeez, Stardust, ya don't gotta princess carry me!"

Sandy's gone...this is probably the best thing for her...Okay, everyone's attacking Omega, but I gotta think smarter. I'm not as strong physically as the rest of them and this guy's out of my league!

Assess: 4

Dammit, there's nothing around! Am I even going to be of any use here!?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Jumping Flash - Now that you've taken the time to look around, there are a couple things that managed to survive the blast that might be useful here. Some sort of ray emitter half-buried in the dirt, what looks like a futuristic shield underneath some rubble, some sort of control panel glinting behind where Omega emerged, and something else that you notice on your own (describe it). Of course... the only reason you have this much time to search about is because Omega clearly isn't interested in you, either as a threat or for your power. While that's probably fortunate for you, it also means your teammates are having to pick up your slack - and they might just get hurt because of it (mark Guilty). What are you going to do to try and stop this guy, proving that you belong on the team?

Red Witch - It's abundantly clear that Omega neither expected that trick, or is particularly pleased about it. Watching Nemesis slip through his fingers as he reels from Mnemosyne's column, and then your redirected blast, he looks towards you... and you can already see his face start to regenerate. "How... how dare you!" He looks surprised, and it's clear that while the damage to his body may be disappearing at an alarming rate, his pride's not so quick to regenerate.

(Omega marks Angry)

After a few taunts, he turns his attention back to you, a truly sadistic look on his demonic visage. "You fool! That wasn't enough to kill me, and now your nifty little power's a part of me." He grins, and raises his hands towards you, the telltale Red Energy of your own magic sparking all around them... before he changes his stance, moving his hands to point at two of your friends! "Let me show you how wrong you are - mind counting off your dead friends for me? I'm trying to make this educational after all!" He's not going to blast you with his newest power - aka your powerful Sorcery - he's aiming at your teammates instead, beams of vicious arcane energy already streaking towards both of them! Quick, what do you do?

Stardust - Jumping Flash is safe, but there's a distinct possibility you might not be. The horrible monster your team's fighting is still standing, even after multiple attacks, and it's clear that it heard you. "Oh, you'll get back up?" Omega asks you furiously, the half of his face that Red Witch blasted off him rapidly reassembling itself. "We can test that!" It looks as if he's about to attack Red Witch, and your quick reflexes and protective nature betray you - moving towards him, you're caught off guard when he sends half the truly insane amount of energy he's gathered directly at you! (Take a Powerful Blow) Provided you survive, what do you do?

Mnemosyne - Your Rock Shield works perfectly - not only is Omega caught off guard, but you managed to set Red Witch up perfectly for a brutal blow to the evolving enemy's head. Sadly, it's far from enough. The DEUS creature is already recovering rapidly, and it seems you've managed to move yourself up several places on his poo poo-list. "I already have your Power - you're of no use to me anymore." Suddenly he emits a blast similar in appearance to Red Witch's directly towards you! "Goodbye." (Take a Powerful Blow) Provided you survive, what do you do?

Getterman - The fiend! The cur! While you managed to get both Nemesis - the object of this ne'er-do-well's criminal obsession - and the helpless heroes and villains near the battlefield away, it seems this ridiculous Omega character is determined to ignore you! Rather than facing off against a true champion of justice, he's attempting to murder these fine heroes you find yourself allied with! How underhanded! How do you plan on bringing this human-sized wannabe Kaiju under control? What advice do you give the other embattled heroes? What do you do?

Omega - Red Level Threat
Currently Acquired Abilities
- Red Witch, Mnemosyne (temporarily suppressed), Maritime Lawyer, Argent Ardent, Tailwind

----------------

Nemesis - As you make your way away from the fight, the sounds of battle and Omega's ominous taunts still echo in your ears. Have you ever had to run away like this before? What do you think Jumping Flash will make of your hasty retreat? Who the hell is this strange woman in front of you all of a sudden? Before you can say anything, she puts an immediate hand on your shoulder, and somehow the invasive gesture is actually soothing. "You're Nemesis, right?" It's not really a question, but it's definitely NOT an accusation like you're used to hearing it. "I figured you'd be here since Red Witch is, plus you showed up in my tea the last couple mornings."

Twilight Sorceress, Independent Hero
Special Rule
Patient Counselor - You may share weakness / vulnerability with Twilight Sorceress as if she was a teammate.

"I'm Twilight Sorceress, a friend of Red Witch's." She's definitely dressed similarly to him if that counts for anything. "The League you're in already has people on the way, but I got here first. I can keep you safe until they get here if you want..." Is that what's best for you and your team? What do you need, right now? What do you do?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 10, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

The last time Red Witch's magic went out of control, an accidental explosion almost put me in the hospital. But this is a purposeful and focused attack with intent to kill behind it.

I manage to conjure a mist grey shield in front of myself to absorb some of the blast, but it still lifts me off my feet and sends me flying across the broken ruins of the building. I only stop when I slam into one of the few walls still upright, and my head goes hazy as it bounces against the wall.

That's just the break in my concentration that the mists have been waiting for. Before I can do anything, I feel them slip out of my grasp and rush out of me. Wordlessly, I reach out to try and grab hold of them, but it's all in vain. For the moment, they're loose and ready to cause some havoc.

Took a powerful blow, managed to get a 10.
Lose control of myself or my powers in a terrible way. :getin:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries

Getterman grabs his cat claws and rushes forward the gleam of the claws fills the night and as he rushes to attack he finds that he is unable to do so as he managed to get the claws caught onto a pile of rubber below him, sending him skidding out of control. He slides to a stop right in front of Omega, a really dumb smile coming across his face as he realizes the situation that he is in.. "So...let's call this off and play a good ol' game of go; you can even be first...I am going to get beaten up aren't I?" He asks pretty nonchalantly considering he just failed at attacking and instead winded up right in front of the bad guy; defenseless.

quote:

I forgot to save the role; I got a 4 though so take it as you will

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 2/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Angry

I look in shock as Omega just blasts Stardust and Mnemo. Then I don't bother to respond. Instead I lunge forward with a yell, gathering magic and placing it onto my arms, making them glow bright red. As I get close to Omega, I punch him and the hand goes through him and - there it is. I grab a hold of the bit of my magic he has and start pulling it back out.

[02:38] <Heliotrope> Directly Engage Omega
[02:38] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[02:38] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 7+1 = 8
Choosing to take his copy of Red Witch's powers from him

Meanwhile, I hit him in the face with my other hand.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I... I'm Nemesis, yes. I... I'm not sure what I want. I-I want to help... but... I also can't risk him having my power! He can copy them! Just like that... Can't let him have it... I... I don't think I can use it well enough for good. But the damage... the damage he could do with it is just too much..." Sandy blurts out half crying.

Nemesis is going to share a weakness with Twilight Sorceress: That she doesn't feel she can use her power well enough, and is scared of the things it can do.

quote:

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Rescue Mission Go

"All of my team deserve to be protected and carried!" I said it with a grin, as Jumping Flash protested my manner of carrying her - everyone was a princess, and deserved it - and it's way easier to do in the spur of the moment than to put them on my back, especially since they'd probably just pull my costume off. I don't have time to banter though, as I watch the others attacking our enemy, hopeful that they would have beaten him... only for him to stand tall, his face reforming as he spoke, energy I recognized as Gray Magic pulsing in his hand, as he prepared to send it back at who gave it to him. I had to protect Red Witch - and so I ran, as fast as I could, as the demon itself taunted me over us getting back up.

And then I noticed what had happened, as he flung the energy towards me instead, the attack on my teammate a ploy - he knew how I was, and what I would do, and I walked right into it, like some kind of idiot. I couldn't avoid it, with how close I already was - if I ran to the sides, it'd still hit me, if I ran away it'd likely hit others.... so what other option did I have, than up? "Up, up, up, STARDUST JUUUUUMPPP!" I shouted the words, as I ran towards the energy, and leapt as high as I could, as if it was a hurdle to bound over. Of course, it was higher than I could reach without true magic... and so I sunk into the red vicious arcane energy even as I bounded.

16:22 KittyEmpress o also
16:22 KittyEmpress stardust scout taking a powerful blow
16:22 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
16:22 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6 = 6

For a moment, it must have seemed hopeless, as the vicious red magic consumed my form, as a few seconds felt - at least to I - as an eternity, and I did not emerge. I must have looked foolish, for jumping into an attack, rather than even trying to avoid it. For a moment, I feared it would in fact be my last, that this wave of energy would consume me before I could reach the other side.

My body was on fire, as I continued to ascend even through the energy, propelling myself through it faster than I would have made it before. My magical costume burnt and frayed, the ends of my hair tinged arcanist's red and I could feel the heat of flames as the long pony tails caught fire. My eyes were dry, I felt as if I had drank nothing in weeks.... like my whole body would give out, in just the seconds I was within the wave of energy. I had never felt a pain like it before, but I had a mission, and I had something to do.

And so, with my hair on fire, my costume in tatters, my skin cracked and burnt, and my body feeling as if it would break down, I broke through the top of the blast, and began to descend, one foot out, aimed towards the villain, the stockings of my costume literally on fire as slammed my foot into the villain's face, my other foot coming down suddenly with a, "Stardust KICK!" as I did a graceful flip backwards, landing in front of him, torn, beaten, on fire, and every bit ready to stop him, pointing at him as I yelled, "Even without my magic, even if you tear and shatter, your goal is simply tragic, for I stand for that which matter, and the world gives me trust, because I am Stardust!" The last bit I say quieter, I say it loud enough that Red Witch, Omega, and I are likely the only ones that can hear it. "And you're just another villain for me to stop. Nothing. More."

10:33 KittyEmpress time for stardust to fail again
10:33 KittyEmpress stardust scout punching omega-satan
10:33 KittyEmpress !r 2d6-2
10:33 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 11-2 = 9
+1 from Game Face to DEFEAT THE VILLAINZ
Surprising/Impressing/Frightening
Creating an opportunity for allies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:4/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: I Have To Prove Myself!

I have absolutely no idea what else to describe and it's been holding me up enough as is, so gently caress it. I'm not doing that.

A raygun thing! Alright, maybe I can use this! I wasn't too bad with Hipshot's gun, and it's not like he's paying.....any.....attention....to.......

me.

Oh.

AAAAAAH! DAMMIT, I'M A HERO TOO! LOOK AT ME! I aim the emitter at Omega and open fire!

Engage: 7
This fool's gonna get impressed!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The sound of sirens and emergency vehicles becomes even louder - and those of you with super-vision and a moment to spare might notice more than a few figures far off in the sky converging on your location from various directions! That said, the dust that was already everywhere on this windswept battlefield is now competing with Mnemosyne's malevolent Mists, the stuff drifting about the battlefield in the most unnatural and unpredictable ways...

Mnemosyne - Oh dear... as you emerge from the slight impact crater you left in the wall you just slammed into, it's impossible to deny that the Mist is truly running wild, swirling all about the chaotic battlefield - and putting everyone here, friend and foe alike, at risk. Your friends probably know how powerful you can be when you're using it, but they're likely to have no idea just how dangerous it is by itself. Omega meanwhile is clearly doing his best to steer clear of any, flying up higher above the battlefield to avoid any of it - of course he's being a jerk about things all the while. How are you going to fix this catastrophe before your friends start losing memories or worse?

Getterman - "DEUS never told me the League was hiring clowns to fight for them." For a moment, it looks as if Omega's going to strike you down. Raising his foot towards you, he gives you a cruel grin... and then gets distracted by whatever's going on with that Witchy Woman over there and her mysterious mists, and then a barrage of other attacks from the heroes here! Shrieking in rage and yelling out a few choice taunts, he's suddenly flying up and far above you and the rest of these heroes. He doesn't even spare you a parting glance as he does - it seems you're just not worth his attention anymore. (Omega takes influence over you). How annoying! Don't you just want to prove to him - and everyone else here - that you're the real Hero of Justice here? What do you do?

Triple Tech Crew - Between Red Witch's magically infused punch, Stardust's elegant kick follow up, and the finale of a surprisingly powerful Ray-Gun blast directly to Omega's chest via Jumping Flash, it doesn't look like he's quite as smug as he used to be. Also, there's a giant hole in his chest along with impact craters from the other two magical attacks forming a sort of triangle... though that regeneration of his starts to kick back in immediately, already working to erase your efforts in a matter of minutes at the most. "Wha... how?! How is this possible?!"

(Omega marks Insecure)

Between the three of you and the sudden swirl of magical mists onto the already chaotic battlefield, Omega takes to the skies immediately. Flying above, it seems he's changing his strategy up now that you managed to land a solid series of attacks - and from what you can see of him between the mists and the dust in the air, he doesn't look at all happy about it.

Red Witch - "I have had ENOUGH of you!" He declares, and suddenly the air around you starts swirling like a whirlwind - it seems like he's got some sort of wind power in his arsenal, and he's trying to fling you directly into a thick patch of Mnemosyne's Mists! (Take a Powerful Blow) Unless you can think of some way to free yourself from his ability or a teammate helps you out - and soon - you might be enjoying the presumably extraordinarily unfun consequences of that! What do you do?

Stardust - No sooner is he done with Red Witch than he's moved onto you. Hand pointed down towards you, it seems like it's glowing the same green color the beam that Jumping Flash fired at him. "You should've just given me Nemesis. This is YOUR fault." The energy finishes gathering, and... he suddenly switches targets, and sends his blast directly at the dazed and winded Lunar Knight! It's clear Omega wants to see you suffer instead of just dying. (Take a Powerful Emotional Blow regardless). Between him and Red Witch, who do you try and save?

Jumping Flash - That certainly left an impression in Omega! No seriously, you could actually look right through him, it was kinda gross and he definitely doesn't have human organs in him, so there's that. There's also that you just left an impression in him, and he's an enraged and vastly powerful villain with his attention on you now that he's distracted your teammates. "That CERTAINLY was fun just now! No really, I mean it, having your chest cavity blown apart's great- here, token of my appreciation, lemme return the favor!" Just like at Stardust, he sends a ray gun blast your way, and drat does it look a lot faster when you're on the business end of it! (Take a Powerful Blow) Not just that, but he's not satisfied with only one... it seems like until somebody stops him or you're dead, he's going to keep taking shots at you while cackling manically! What do you do now?!

Omega - Red Level Threat
Currently Acquired Abilities
- Red Witch(temporarily suppressed), Mnemosyne (temporarily suppressed), Maritime Lawyer, Argent Ardent, Tailwind, Mysterious Ray Gun
Conditions: Angry, Insecure

----------------

Nemesis - "There there," Twilight Sorceress begins, twirling her staff with the hand she isn't using to pat you on the shoulder comfortingly. After a few rotations there's a glow gloom, and after that subsides a floating ornate tray with some milk and cookies resting on them - and it's undeniable that despite how weird all of this is that the snacks look pretty tempting. "You don't understand how his ability to copy powers work, so you did the smart thing and got away. When you've figured out how to counter them, I'm sure you'll do your best."

Taking one of the cookies for herself and looking up at the sky, she looks back towards Nemesis with the expression someone wears when they really should be going but have decided to stick around for just a little longer. "If you want my advice... you just need to practice them - ask your friends to help you. May not take you years of study like it does most wizard-types like me, but there's no reason you won't see improvements, and it'll build your confidence."

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 21, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 2+2/5 | Burn: 3 | Conditions: Angry

As I go flying into the mists, I quickly force my own magic to try and send me the other way - into a safe distance from them. I don't know what's going on but it can't be good. I take a look at the person dressed up in his Getterman costume. "Look, it-it's kind of dangerous here. Why don't you get everyone else out and leave Omega to us?"

<Heliotablet> Take a Powerful Blow
<Heliotablet> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Heliotablet, 8+1 = 9
Choosing to provoke Getterman

<Heliotable> Provoke Getterman
<Heliotablet> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Heliotablet, 4+1 = 5
Marking potential

Still, I need to get to him...and it comes to me. Let's use another source of magic. I let Omega push me into the mists and....then....I stretch my body out. I let the mists envelope me and then while hidden inside...reach out with my magic, the red waves going against the heavy fog. I'll take control of this and make sure we can't be in danger from it.

<Heliotablet> Unleash to take control of the mists
<Heliotablet> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Heliotablet, 3+2 = 5
Marking another potential

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries

Getterman stands up and chuckles a bit; he knew he acted a bit of an idiot in this world...and it feels as though this world can't handle a pure fool like his old one but still...this is his world now and he is gonna fight for it till his dying breath "Yeah I am a bit of fool at times" he says as he dusts, his smiling still remaining as he readies himself, his fists held high, his scarf fluttering in the wind and his hat lowered over his eyes "But even then as a fool; the fact is that I am still going to kick your butt and send you down think about what you did!" He slams the claws into the ground, and uses spring feature to throw him upwards at omage, A fist goes right for Omega's face; the force of all his mundane power within him, an angry growl escapes as he throws all his heart into the fist; wanting to show Omega what a true threat Getterman was.

quote:

cutebagels Provoking the poo poo out of omega
cutebagels !roll 2d6+2
Krysmbot cutebagels, 7+2 = 9
Trying to provoke them into focusing on me

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 21, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: In the DANGER ZONE

"... you're right. Thanks. I... I'll do my best!" Nemesis replies, taking one of the cookies, biting into it once and then going back to gloom and doom.

"Hey hold on a minute! He could just copy me without touching me, he would have... so if I stay at range... yeah I got it! Thanks, I see it now!" she adds. "I need to go back now. I've been able to trust them so far, and now I need to prove they can trust me. ... Thanks. For everything."

Bolting off, she sees the sad remains of a car on the ground. That'd work!

Picking up the entirety of it, she launches it at Omega as a makeshift missile, before dodging back behind the buildings, making it hard to pinpoint her location.

Directly engaging Omega: 2d6+2 9 Choosing to take away his ability to copy my power by staying at range.

Picking "There when it matters" for my advance!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potential:4/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Afraid, Insecure | Location: I Have To Prove Myself!

<Krysmbot> Waffleman, 6+1 = 7
Two conditions

As the ray blast just barely hits me, my guilt blends into fear and insecurity. C-Can we really beat a guy like this? We're just rookies! All.....All I can do is lash out. I raise the gun, praying it still has charge, and fire. It worked before, right?

Engage
<Krysmbot> Waffleman, 9-1 = 8
I HAVE TO RESIST

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Rescue Mission Go

It's almost... gross, how he just heals like that, after taking our combination attack - but at least I didn't have to worry about Jumping Flash's ray gun (where did she get that, why is she shooting it at people, how long has she had it???) killing him, since he's already healing from it. Oh. He's already healing from it. I'm bracing my body, my first instinct to start creating a magical defense, as he raises his hand and blasts Red Witch - but as I open my mouth to start chanting, I stop, crossing my arms in front of my face as he aims at me. I couldn't let him take my power too, and I told him I did not need it to stop him. So I simply would let him attack me, and then I would show him the strength of my will. I'd seen what the ray gun could do to him, so I didn't want it to hit me - I would have to move at the last moment.

But then... it wasn't I who moved at that moment. It was his arm, his aim, his beam, as it blasted towards my new (?)friend(?), who was looking dazed, confused, stunned, and overall - not able to move. I had to stop that ray, or it could kill him. He saved me, so I had to pay it back, didn't I? Luckily, there's a good bit of... well, everything, torn up and strewn about, so it's not hard to find a piece of building - the one Nemesis flew through earlier, I think - that was a big enough chunk for me to rush with, and try to use as a shield against the ray. It would have been easier to just conjure a shield, but I refused to let him take my powers as well - it would be stupid, giving him more of what he wants.

22:23 KittyEmpress Protecting Stardust's Bae
22:23 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
22:23 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6+3 = 9
Exposing self to danger, taking influence over Lunar Knight

22:23 KittyEmpress taking powerful emotion blows regardless
22:23 KittyEmpress !r 2d6
22:23 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 6 = 6
22:23 KittyEmpress lmao
22:23 Rauri ffs
Stardust, the best blow taker.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I gape in horror as no one seems to recognize what happened. They must think it's all under my control still! I yell, "Watch out," but too late as Red Witch goes deep into a drift of mist. Panicking, I sweep my arms in a broad stroke across the battlefield, and the energy fuels my focus as the mist is blown away, as if by an unfelt wind. I even manage to move more of it up towards Omega, hemming him in for Jumping Flash's shot. Still... Red Witch was in there for a while... I hope they're ok!

<capfalcon> Unleash powers
<capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> capfalcon, 8+2 = 10

Reshaping my environment to move the mist away from my friends and towards Omega.

Also, going to spend a team to make Jumping Flash's 6 a 7 instead.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 22, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries | Believe in the you that believes in yourself

Getterman looks at the disheartened heroes and calls out "Listen! Don't give in; even if things seem their darkest, stand up straight, lift your hands up and FIGHT for the future! The future will only get better if you fight for the future you believe in. Don't let the experiences, even at their darkest remove your smile for even one brief moment! The moment it does, the moment you faulter from the course that you have chosen, then the darkness will swirl around you and take over your heart and mind! Just believe in the dream that you all have for youselves and fight until there is nothing left inside you and then continue to fight! All Together Now! GETTERTEAM!!!" He yells taking another swing at Omega, throwing his heart into the punch to show Omega that he doesn't attack the world that Getterman protects...that and the extra force from flying upwards at high speeds doesn't hurt in putting more power into the punch!

GETTERPAWNCH (Direct Engage) posted:

Scarybagels .roll 2d6+2 GETTER PAWNCH
Platonibot Scarybagels: GETTER PAWNCH: 12 (2d6+2=5, 5)
Gonna Frighten Omega and Create an opportunity for my allies

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 23, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Omega seems to have either severely overestimated himself, or underestimated all of you - as your barrage continues, and especially with the Mist redirected towards him and dozens of heroes on their way to your location, he seems completely unwilling to continue this fight. "I'll - I'll destroy or absorb all of you!" He announces in a rage, flying off into the sky - and having to dodge or absorb several attacks along the way, your reinforcements waste no time at all in laying into him! Though he manages to make it away, rapidly flying so high that no one can follow him, it's doubtful he'll forget the beating he just took anytime soon - or any of you, for that matter. What do all of you think at having effectively defeated such a powerful foe by yourselves?

Twilight Sorceress disappears as the horde of heroes descend upon your location, tucking a note for Red Witch into Nemesis' hand as she departs. She's left the tray of cookies as well, though it's probable she'll want the Tupperware back - perhaps Red Witch or Nemesis should visit her?

-------------------
New Scene, only a few pages left in this issue~

Reinforcing Heroes - Sir Justice, Blademaster, Frogger, assorted others

"Did you see that hit I landed?" Frogger asks everyone immediately, her eyes magnified in size by her weird goggles, hefting her bat across her shoulder menacingly. "Definitely the deciding factor here, you all saw it." A few of the others scoff, but it's obvious they're incredulous about what they just saw - you see, everyone here but you is B-Rank or above, and you're all a bunch of lowly D-Ranked Heroes. There's also some police and ambulances and fire fighters, but they're not in the League of Heroes so they're not /really/ heroes now are they?

Regardless, the press is here, along with dozen of league heroes, Spark Industries employees, emergency service workers, several wounded heroes and villains, and a Getterman cosplayer (or the real thing?). How do you all plan on containing this situation before things get out of hand?

Stardust - Lunar Knight bows to you, doing his best to hide his sentimental tears - he just can't help it though! "I... I owe you my life, Princess." Wha? "I swear, I'll make it up to you and your friends at school." Double wha? He's clearly babbling some, but he's also just revealed he's one of your classmates - do you have any theories on who? Perhaps more importantly, you're the team's leader, and there's both heroes and press to be talked to here, not to mention a villain that barely got away. What orders do you convey to your team, and what do you do yourself?

Jumping Flash - You can hardly believe it - Sir Justice isn't just here, he's trying to shake your hand! "I knew you'd do a good job," he tells you, and it's strange how you can somehow tell he's smiling behind his helmet. "Put 'er there!" Do you shake hands with your hero as an equal? That Ray-Gun you've got seems to have come in handy so far, any plans on keeping it? Which teammate do you most feel like celebrating with? What do you do?

Nemesis - Wow, Twilight Sorceress disappeared in a flash, didn't she! Still, you managed to land a blow against Omega, despite the obvious and justified fear you have for him - surely that's an accomplishment, right? Sadly, Blademaster's here - and he doesn't look pleased to see you at all, and he's overtly got his hand on the hilt of his ornate weapon. Do you have a strategy for handling him, or is it just to best steer clear? What do you have to say to the rest of your team? What do you do?

Mnemosyne - That didn't go great, but it could've been so much worse! Only Red Witch seems to have been struck by the mist for a significant portion of time, though Omega got wrapped in them for a few moments as well - so you just permanently stripped a few memories from your most supportive friend, no big deal. As the horde of heroes arrive, one of them reminds you of something you saw in the mists - tell us who and why. What do you do now that the battle's over?

Getterman - The nerve of these so-called heroes! Most of the new arrivals seem to think you're some sort of cosplayer, and your League rank doesn't seem to be clearing with their systems! It's absurd - your Fist of Justice is definitely what drove the gross shirtless blackheart off, you're sure of it! What can you say or do to make these heroes believe you're the real deal? Which of the heroes you just fought aside do you most approve of - and have you considered asking them to let you join their team? You all did so well together after all! What do you do?

Red Witch - That... that could've gone better. Your magic is mighty to be sure, but the mists are older, vaster, practically incomprehensible in their primal power - your body goes cold as you compete with them, the Red light you project rapidly turning grey and dull and lifeless. Some important memory you treasured, that you never wanted to forget? It's gone forever, sad to say - the Mists hungered for sentiment and you failed against them. Describe what it was that you treasured, and the feeling of it being peeled from your mind. Aside from that unpleasant sensation, there's dozens of heroes here, and you're in a daze - what do you say or do now?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty |Location: Spark Industries | Believe in the you that believes in yourself

Getterman lands, gracefully skidding to a stop as he looks up at the sky as Omega gets away. He turns and calls Getternyan with his scarf fluttering behind him. He is the real Getterman, not simply a cosplayer. As Getternyan lands he turns to the heroes and says "Even if you believe I am just simply a cosplayer, even if no one in the world accepts that I am the real Getterman, that will not stop me from doing that which is right. I will be the Getter that fights for those that need help, GETTER!" he poses before jumping onto Getternyan's belt.

He turns to the group that he fought with and smiles "Hey thanks for the fun, if any of you need help again..." he begins but then stopped as Getternyan lays him back on the ground and goes over to stardust, its claw holding a smaller Getternyan that has her picture and a pen for her to autograph. "Nyaaaaaaaan!" it exclaims excitedly.

Getterman stomps his foot on the ground and sighs annoyedly "Come on Getternyan, you're ruining my cool exit!" To which Getternyan completely ignores Getterman as it tries to get an autograph from Stardust Scout. He sighs as throws down his fan board and jumps on. While Getternyan seems to have a favorite of the five he worked with, very obviously. Getterman is not so sure. "Well whatever, if any of you want to be a team again, hang out, or something just head to the toy shop near the bay and ask for Getterman" he says and starts up the hover board.

quote:

<workbagels> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens workbagels, 9+2 = 11
Makin them npc heroes believe that I am Getterman

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 23, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 4+1/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Angry

Clearing Angry from hurting someone last scene

As I float in the Mists, I can sense things going wrong. As I fail trying to control them, I can almost see memories coming out and vanishing into the Mists - the memory of when I first came across Twilight Sorceress, and of the great times we had, how she helped me feel more in control of my powers, of the times outside of training that we got to know each other - gone. I try to grab them, but no use. As I manage to collect myself and snap out of the daze, I look over at Mnemo. She has to have the answer to getting them back!

"So...what were those Mists? Why did it take my memories? Does it have something to do with what you were doing yesterday? I...I really need to know this right now."

[22:50] <Heliotrope> Provoke Mnemosyne
[22:50] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[22:50] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 3+1 = 4
Trying to get Mnemo to tell me what's up, but welp
Marking potential and going to take more Flares - will decide later which ones

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The victory did little to lift Nemesis' mood. Sulking, she did little else other than walk up to Red Witch, and passing the note wordlessly.

Following that, she just did her best to sneak away from the scene, not wanting to deal with the heroes that arrived, especially not Blademaster. Taking Twilight Sorceress' tupperware with her, she heads back for the base. After all, she was deeply aware of her failure, she didn't need Blademaster or anyone else to ram it in further.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ruins

I flinch as Red Witch comes over to me dazed, says that he can't remember... something, and asks more about the Mists.

I can't look him in the eye as I say, "I'm... I'm sorry. It... the mists slipped out of control when Omega hit me. But, I'll do everything I can to get them back. What you forgot, I mean. And...yes, I was trying to get some memories back from the Mists for someone yesterday."

I don't even think about how I'm actually talking about the Lethe Mists openly, but I couldn't just blow Red Witch off! All I can do is add, sounding desperate, "Please don't tell anyone about it? I... I can't really explain why, but it wouldn't be good. Just... let me work on it a little, ok?"

As I'm talking, I see the heroes start to arrive. The way Sir Justice showed up, though... It reminds me of something. I... think... I saw Mom working with him? I guess... she knew Sir Justice? At least, there were a few memories of working with him that I'd stumbled across, so they were at least familiar with each other at some point. Still, he probably doesn't remember her, just like everyone else.

As for what I'm doing now? I really, really want to go back to the tower, to get to work on helping Nemesis and Red Witch. But... I know that Stardust would want me to hang around, and I don't want to disappoint anyone else on the team today. So, I try to put on a brave face while staying away from the cameras, letting the others talk about the fight. I also try and get Nemesis' attention as I see her walking away, since I still need her help if I'm going to do anything about those other memories.

Talking openly about the doom increases doom by 1

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 3, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Turning around to Nemo, I just shake my head and continue on.

Not right now.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 3/5 | DOOM! 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ruins

I wince, but nod at Nemesis. If she's not ready, it's not a good idea to push her into this. She's gotta be on her toes if I'm gonna take her down to the vault.

...I want to follow her, but... it's already gonna be a little awkward with one of us gone. I tell myself that I just have to get through this team stuff, and then I can go back to work. Running off will just make other people curious, and the questions will be even longer than if I just stuck this out.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 0/5 | Burn: 0+3 | Conditions:

As Nemesis hands me a note and Mnemo tells me what happened, I try to think of what to do. But I don't know. Maybe...maybe I should stick with my original plan - go to Twilight Sorceress and see what she knows about the symbol. And maybe if she can do something.

I know there's other heroes and press and stuff here right now and we should do something about it but I have to go. I just suddenly take off, flying fast and far away from my team. I focus instead on the magic in the air, pulling it towards me. I lost a bunch of it after I fell into the mists, but now I can get some back.

[23:38] <Heliotrope> Charge Up Powers
[23:39] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6
[23:39] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 10 = 10
I gain 3 Burn

For my advancement, I'm taking Boost, Overcharge, and Snatch as 3 additional Flares

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 5, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 4/5 | DOOM! 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ruins

Without saying a word, Red Witch just flies away. This is bad! I really, REALLY screwed up. I stare after him and murmur, "I promise. I'll fix it."

Without any other ideas on what to do, I walk over to Stardust. While I'm walking, I take a moment to take a few deep breaths and get what feels like a natural smile on my face. As I join her, I squeeze my right arm with my left to help me focus and say, "Hey, Stardust. Can't believe we all got through that in one piece." Still smiling, I gesture to the crowd and say, "Guess we get to go talk to everyone now? Bet they want to hear all about our stunning victory, huh?" I finally look at her and see the other strange person who was here when the fight started. My smile fades into a frown as I ask, "Oh... who's your friend?"

I'm not really worried about him, per se, but his Laurence of Arabia get up just doesn't look comfortable. And he had some awful convenient timing to show up right when things were getting intense! Not even the League made it here that fast!

<capfalcon_work> Mnemosyne Pierces Weirdo Knight's Mask
<capfalcon_work> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> capfalcon_work, 2 = 2

gimmie potential for that awful, awful roll.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Rescue Mission Go

The rock I'm bracing myself against begins to melt under the assault, the beam turning it to molten lava in my hands. I can feel my hands catching fire briefly, as heat choked the air from my lungs, and burns marked my face, as if I had been in the sun for far too long. The still hot glowing embers from the last energy spike were igniting once more. And then it ended, as the energy wore out, and I kicked myself away from that rock, holding my hands tight together, because I need to keep standing. I need to keep fighting this villain, and... wait is he running away? I look up at him and see him turning around, and everything goes black for a second. A quick second, before I raise my staff to the air, "Constellations I call you to my side, Equuleus and Pegasus to be my ride." The lights glowed around my feet, and I shot into the air for a moment, trying to get towards where Omega was already getting out of sight.

23:25 KittyEmpress stardust pierce mask
23:25 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
23:25 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 8+3 = 11
What are you intending to do.
What are you really planning.
How could I get you to not steal power.

And then everything went black again, for a moment in time I felt nothing, and fell through the air. Perhaps the amount of damage I had taken was good for something in that way - the cold air rushing into the holes of my magical girl outfit, and blowing hard against fresh wounds to awaken me in pain. I landed with only a little bit of wobbling, going to my knee to steady myself, "No, no, Equuleus, Pegasus, he's going to esca..." I felt woozy, holding my head for a second as I stopped talking... and only then noticed all of the other heroes around us, explaining why he had suddenly left, and what had just happened. I struggled to stand back up, smiling just a little as Lunar Knight pledged himself to me and... my friends back at class? Wait - he knows who I am? And he's someone there too?! My mind wants to struggle through everyone it could be, but I just am overwhelmed...

Especially as a giant robotic cat comes over and shoves a picture and pen in my face, sparking a bit of a laugh, that turns into a grimace as my hand touches to the pen and I can feel all the bleeding burns on them. I was just glad most of the team came through without that much in the way of injury, Jumping Flash looked shaken - and would probably need some help - but alive, Red Witch had some minor bits, but... wait, he was flying off... I guess he didn't need to talk to the heroes, I could cover for him, it'd been a long and hard fight after all. Still, even as my arm shakes, I sign the robot's picture, even running a finger over my lips for a second before kissing the corner of it - leaving a silver imprint of lips, "And thank you for all your help as well." - I was talking to both the hoverboard having vigilante, and the robot that seemed to like me.

And then before I can even finish thanking one person, Mosy was already coming over, and looking a little worse for wear, so I give her a little hug - and totally not because I feel like I'm going to fall over if I keep standing up, and need someone to help me. "Yeah. We did good. I'm glad you're alright. I'm glad you're all alright. I'm so glad he was wrong when he said he'd kill you guys..." I could feel the tears - and not because of the soft feeling of warmth I normally would have, instead because I could feel the sting of salt on my face. I was torn up, I took multiple blasts from Omega, and even if they weren't head on I knew I was mostly running off fumes and willpower.

"You were a great lead. You took care of Jumping Flash and adapted well to changing situations. I'm so proud of how good you did... I'm sorry I just thrust it on you like that." I squeezed her only a little, since it hurt to do it, "But you did amazing. All of us did our best. And we kept Nemesis safe. I'm so proud."

23:25 KittyEmpress stardust comfort mnemosyne
23:25 KittyEmpress !r 2d6+3
23:25 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+3 = 10
23:25 SpookaBoy stop stealing all the good rolls!
23:25 Rauri ffs
Gonna add Team if she opens up.

Also taking C'mon Lucky for ZABU-SAN. Zabu-San can help channel Stardust Scout's magic for Directly Engaging a Threat and Unleashing Her Powers, and also provides the kind of provocative anger inducing language that makes him helpful for when she needs to Provoke Someone.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Potential: 5/5 | DOOM! 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty | Location: Ruins

Surprised by the hug, I returned it, hugging her tightly. With my arms around her, I feel just how shaky Stardust is. She's probably on the end of her rope... So, I say, "You know, you're pretty unbelievable. You went toe to toe with that creep, and you didn't even hit him with any magic. You're just... amazing."

When she starts praising me, though, I blush and look away. Glancing at the weird guy behind her, I lower my voice to a whisper, "It's nice of you to say, but I couldn't keep that device from going off. Jumping Flash got the heroes that were connected to it out, but it just kept ticking up and up, no matter what I did. And then we all had to fight Omega. And I really screwed up at the end, too. That mist that flew out when Omega hit me? I... sort of lost control of it, and it really hurt Red Witch. He's pretty upset, too. After I tried to explain what happened, he just flew off..."

Taking a potential for opening up. Advancing and taking a move:

Not Human Enough: When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

I look miserable for a moment, but then I realize what I'm doing. So, I give her a strained smile and shake my head as I say, "I know what I've gotta do to make it up to him, though. I'll take care of it later." I give her a light squeeze in the hug, "Now, we have to go be heroes, right? Can't let the public down, right?" I gesture over to the waiting cameras.

• Locked thread