Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

im on conquest hard as well and most of my units are generally too fast for that. i only have one heavy and slow unit and thats effie and she has wary fighter. xander is my other strong defense guy, and hes ridiculous in every stat

He might be talking about getting mauled by multiple enemies in attack stance. Pairing up prevents getting shanked for chip damage over and over on enemy turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm pairing up a lot more in conquest than i did in birthright so i can have my weaker units tank hits and get some sweet sweet exp

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

im on conquest hard as well and most of my units are generally too fast for that. i only have one heavy and slow unit and thats effie and she has wary fighter. xander is my other strong defense guy, and hes ridiculous in every stat

i mean double-attacked in the sense of having the two enemies next to each other who both attack thing because pair up auto-defends against the attack helper

Perfect Potato posted:

He might be talking about getting mauled by multiple enemies in attack stance. Pairing up prevents getting shanked for chip damage over and over on enemy turn

yeah this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
my army has 3 archers and two dog people

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm one of the dog people.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i need 3 master seals but i only have 1 in my shop and can only afford 1 oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm going to upgrade velouria from a regular dog to a more powerful dog first.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

i mean double-attacked in the sense of having the two enemies next to each other who both attack thing because pair up auto-defends against the attack helper

yeah this.

oh. i like the strategy of trying to keep all of your units safe at once though. actually its one of my favourite parts of the gameplay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i just figured out you can transfer a unit and attack on the same turn @___@

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

I didn't get the ability until the 3rd to last chapter of birthright but witch class gets a Warp ability which lets you move to any square adjacent to an ally and then get a move still, if you want more cool movement options. It seems slightly OP though.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
last level of conquest.. bo yea

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tip for people playing conquest: you can visit hoshidian castles over wifi and buy all their healing festals

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I didn't get the ability until the 3rd to last chapter of birthright but witch class gets a Warp ability which lets you move to any square adjacent to an ally and then get a move still, if you want more cool movement options. It seems slightly OP though.

i haven't used ne of the dlc classes, i could turn elise into a witch tho altho she'd probably be too op with like 35 magic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

last level of conquest.. bo yea

you're fast

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
it's taken me 3 months of on and off playing to get to uh chapter 18 in conquest ;-(

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

you can relay a dude halfway across the map if need be, its fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's taken me 3 months of on and off playing to get to uh chapter 18 in conquest ;-(

it takes me a while too because I usually save FE for longer trips

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I've beat it now. waitig for revelatroins

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
hosed up that after the events of fire emblem awakening, every character decided that, having fought alongside the time-displaced versions of their children, it would be improper to name their actual children the same, so they changed one syllable and left it at that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the really stupid time travel stuff in fire emblem, and the even dumber plot of conquest

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
because birthright has a few characters that look exactly like awakening characters and their names are anagrams and stuff, i wouldn't have realized the awakening children looking characters in conquest were meant to be the actual awakening children, if it weren't for accidentally finding out a talk action between lissa and owen on the before awakening free dlc map. It's just pplaoin bonkers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

no they will not posted:

because birthright has a few characters that look exactly like awakening characters and their names are anagrams and stuff, i wouldn't have realized the awakening children looking characters in conquest were meant to be the actual awakening children, if it weren't for accidentally finding out a talk action between lissa and owen on the before awakening free dlc map. It's just pplaoin bonkers.
wtf is going on in these games. the fire emblem guys have completely lost their minds

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

no they will not posted:

thats insanely badass

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

uh...didn't u nontice severa owain and inigo or iago or whatever his name is in conquest

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat conquest. best fire emblem yet :-) i missed a lot of paralogues though cos i lost a few male soldiers. gonna play ti on lunatic in the future anyway. birthright lunatic nao.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i beat conquest. best fire emblem yet :-) i missed a lot of paralogues though cos i lost a few male soldiers. gonna play ti on lunatic in the future anyway. birthright lunatic nao.

jeez louside

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well i did conquest hard, so lunatic birthright should be like the same difficulty right ? and a lunatic conquest game in the future will probably not be too hard cos by then ill have some dlc and a bunch of my castle rewards

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I beat chapter 18 of kongquest where u have 2 beat 2x bosses in 20 turns, the knights were mean

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

uh...didn't u nontice severa owain and inigo or iago or whatever his name is in conquest

yes but i thought it was like the anagram name people in birthright. just a sick ref and not the literal awakening kidz

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

I beat chapter 18 of kongquest where u have 2 beat 2x bosses in 20 turns, the knights were mean

wary fighter is a real pain

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i love fire emlbem. is there anything on earth better than a pwnage videogame

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

2-3 pwnage videogames in one, as seen with Fire Emblem: Fates.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I like a good movie as well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I like a good movie as well

i like manga and sports. im also an artist as a hobby. but these days i basically just play videogames and read manga when im not doing sport

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

wary fighter is a real pain

i got it on effie finally which she desperately needed due to being killed repeatedly by getting doubled

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i changed mozu from a sniper into a merchant once i did invasion map 2 and found out merchants have a passive skill that gives them gold and another skill where they toss a bar of god for 10 extra damage an 10 damage reduction

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
too bad i can't infinitely grind like in awakening or i could get her to 15 get the merchant skill then buddy seal into general and have a general with like 28 speed and 35 str :sigh:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

i like manga and sports. im also an artist as a hobby. but these days i basically just play videogames and read manga when im not doing sport

You like mongo and watersports.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

too bad i can't infinitely grind like in awakening or i could get her to 15 get the merchant skill then buddy seal into general and have a general with like 28 speed and 35 str :sigh:

Grind my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Grind my rear end.

alright

• Locked thread