Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

queer can mean a lot of things. try not to worry about it

the expansion of the acronym is just to demonstrate inclusiveness for gender and sexual minorities who face discrimination for gender nonconformity but don't feel they can accurately be described by the more common terms. i know it's very hilarious

Ok. Im just going to think of it in the way that HP Lovecraft uses it; foreshadowing that the person is an evil wizard/man-beast/alien in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Just checking in to say this thread is gay

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Cubone posted:

the expansion of the acronym is just to demonstrate inclusiveness for gender and sexual minorities who face discrimination for gender nonconformity but don't feel they can accurately be described by the more common terms. i know it's very hilarious
How the hell can there be so much gay sex if gay people talk like that? I know you can't pray the gay away, but there must be such a thing as being bored straight. You'd need a lawyer to run through the terms for you before you took your first cock in this babbling generation.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm going to venture a guess that the people who care about that stuff aren't having a lot of sex.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Squish posted:

Lesbian
Gay
Bi
Trans
Q :confused:
I :confused:
Ally?
+ :confused:

i sexually identify as ally mcbeal

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hello I have always been a friend of the gays

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Scratch-O posted:

That's what I always assumed, that the colors (and the usage of the rainbow in general) represented the diversity of the movement. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

It's also an old flag for revolutionary Protestants. Their flag represents the rainbow that Noah saw after the flood.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I am the straight cis person who demands to be in the LGBT spectrum because I've liked George takei on facebook. I am an ally.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Squish posted:

Lesbian
Gay
Bi
Trans
Queer
I :confused:
Ally?
+ :confused:

I know one of them.

Business Gorillas posted:

Hello I have always been a friend of the gays

Gays are cool. The rest of them are whiny babies. Even the allies, they are honestly the worst

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

wit posted:

How the hell can there be so much gay sex if gay people talk like that? I know you can't pray the gay away, but there must be such a thing as being bored straight. You'd need a lawyer to run through the terms for you before you took your first cock in this babbling generation.

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm going to venture a guess that the people who care about that stuff aren't having a lot of sex.
i have a complex understanding of the subject because i'm affected by it personally. sometimes complex ideas are most succinctly communicated in polysyllabic sentences, but if you're having trouble i would be happy to elucidate. just let me know where I lost you, and apologize for violating a safe space by speculating disdainfully about other people's sex lives.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Business Gorillas posted:

I've liked George takei on facebook. I am an ally.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Even the allies, they are honestly the worst

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
gender minorities and sexual minorities have very little to do with each other imho and honest god-fearing gay men need to get the hell away from tumblr gender nonconformists tbh

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I have Sex in an ally once

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Can anyone post here?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Luxury Communism posted:

gender minorities and sexual minorities have very little to do with each other imho and honest god-fearing gay men need to get the hell away from tumblr gender nonconformists tbh
what is the line of gender nonconformity that's been deemed acceptable for sexual minorities? is wearing pink still off-limits, or did that come with the right the marry? how about drag shows?
what do I have to do to not be one of "those" gays and meet the minimum requirements for straight people to like me?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm just glad they haven't added "genderqueer" or "poly".

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Cubone posted:

what is the line of gender nonconformity that's been deemed acceptable for sexual minorities? is wearing pink still off-limits, or did that come with the right the marry? how about drag shows?
what do I have to do to not be one of "those" gays and meet the minimum requirements for straight people to like me?

gender nonconformity is cool but if you think it makes you trans you're full blown tumblr hth

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Cubone posted:

i have a complex understanding of the subject because i'm affected by it personally. sometimes complex ideas are most succinctly communicated in polysyllabic sentences, but if you're having trouble i would be happy to elucidate. just let me know where I lost you, and apologize for violating a safe space by speculating disdainfully about other people's sex lives.

No no, its not because I'm too stupid to understand your needlessly big words, its because you are the embodiment of :smug:. Nobody with a complex understanding of anything uses that many roundabout words to get their point across. And lol if you feel like a genius for knowing that some people like willies even if they have one. And lol if you think you're getting an apology in GBS even if you declare it a pillow fort when the joke was on you, don't hide behind sex, sex is fun and not boring.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I'm a loquacious logophile in the arena of onanism as this effects me personally. Verbose bombast is also my fetish.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

wit posted:

No no, its not because I'm too stupid to understand your needlessly big words, its because you are the embodiment of :smug:. Nobody with a complex understanding of anything uses that many roundabout words to get their point across.
if you can think of a more succinct way to express the sentence with which you took issue, please feel free to share it. a safe space is a good area to share these ideas, and it seems a more reader-friendly wording could help communicate these things to people who have a bit of innocent curiosity but are put off by the combativeness of these discussions.

irrespective, I still would like an apology for your initial overblown and vulgar response.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Cubone posted:

if you can think of a more succinct way to express the sentence with which you took issue, please feel free to share it. a safe space is a good area to share these ideas, and it seems a more reader-friendly wording could help communicate these things to people who have a bit of innocent curiosity but are put off by the combativeness of these discussions.

irrespective, I still would like an apology for your initial overblown and vulgar response.

Keep going, I'm almost there. Throw in some latinate plurals and I'll just ffnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

Cubone
May 26, 2011

RobattoJesus posted:

Keep going, I'm almost there. Throw in some latinate plurals and I'll just ffnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

how about if i expand the breadth of my predicates by way of inserting expounding elaboration into my logorrheal pontificationunf unf Unf UNF

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cubone posted:

Apologize for violating a safe space by speculating disdainfully about other people's sex lives.

Cubone posted:

Hahahah get the gently caress outta here with that poo poo man!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

the reason "sexual minorities" fell out of favor is because pedophiles tried putting themselves under that umbrella and everyone rightly went "ew" and stopped using the phrase

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Dreddout posted:

I'm the straight dude that pretends to be bi in an effort to pick up lesbians.

Hi.

Wait till the transgender community hears about this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Hahahah get the gently caress outta here with that poo poo man!
ok. i'll get out of the safe space with my request for civility. good day

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

being nice to people regardless of who they pork or how they identify is cool and feels good imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

A Spider Covets posted:

being nice to people regardless of who they pork or how they identify is cool and feels good imo

pedo apologist spotted

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Can anyone post here?

I'm not gonna post here. Good day!

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
im feeling prejudiced against

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Raku posted:

Wait till the transgender community hears about this

nominating this as next GBS meme phrase

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I'm the 'G'

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
My boyfriend and I go on gay trips together a lot it's cool and fun. Always exciting to see if we'll get poop on the airbnb sheets when I buttfuck him :blush:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Oh Hell No posted:

nominating this as next GBS meme phrase

Wait till the GBS community hears about this!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
im blender queer please add the "B" to the title mods

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
im pan

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'll b rufio

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

This thread is going to go the way of trannis baratheon if every other post is from a gbs ironic alt right dude coming in to complain about tumblr without provocation

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Cubone posted:

Love means never having to say you're sorry. Please read.

And again you don't get to be shooting off words and say "I need an apology for what you said to gays". Speak the drat English, its all I'm asking, its all anyone wants. Its all we want. If you can't then maybe you don't know what you're talking about. If you feel its so academic that its impossible, then maybe you should hide in a corner and write a paper on it. Other less enlightened people will get on with it.

Why do you feel that big words make you smart? Who told you that? When did you not see the dropoff in adulthood. Why are you not cringing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

This thread is going to go the way of trannis baratheon if every other post is from a gbs ironic alt right dude coming in to complain about tumblr without provocation

I just don't like the way the dick in my my last post is talking smugly like he finally figured out qauntum theory for lesbians or some poo poo. I feel there should be a hammer down soon, but honestly, its GBS. You're beside "best fart" and "I poop a turds lol" type threads. E/N is better policed. Don't expect respect here, its the mock everything part.

• Locked thread