Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've reported dad gay for using that emoticon too often in one thread.
This is unacceptable.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Thin Privilege posted:

You know how big stores have their own special brand of things? Well every wal mart brand of things is poo poo. Their cups chipped within an hour, their towels feel like dish rags after one wash, and their microwave would set my house on fire if it wasn't for my circuit breaker.

Also all wal marts have a weird walmart smell that's disgusting.

Tell me about your gross/lovely walmart experiences, or post gross walmart pics.

I worked at one for 5 1/2 years. I've seen things, man. (takes long drag from cigarette in shaky hand)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

I've reported dad gay for using that emoticon too often in one thread.
This is unacceptable.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

symbolic posted:

sounds like florida

Close....Pennsylvania. I like to call it the Florida of the north.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nascardad posted:

Close....Pennsylvania. I like to call it the Florida of the north.
i, too, live in Pennsyltucky

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

symbolic posted:

I feel like she would live in walmart given the choice

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

gently caress sakes

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I was a salaried manager at wal-mart for five years or so, I quit, lived off my savings and now live a nice happy corporate free lifestyle. ask away. I
know all the secrets.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Bob posted:

I was a salaried manager at wal-mart for five years or so, I quit, lived off my savings and now live a nice happy corporate free lifestyle. ask away. I
know all the secrets.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I worked pretty much every department in Walmart at least once. We were consistently understaffed. Photo lab would have been a lot better without the loud TVs on the other side of the counter playing the same 6 minutes of content on loop. Collecting carts was the worst thing ever. Dairy is the best department - no one comes in the cooler to bother you ever. If they were smart, they would have made it where you could stock yogurt from the inside. So many dropped cups and expired cups.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I feel honored in some kinda dirty way.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Big box stores have the body/house products organized in a certain way, like pills together with bandaids, womany products (e.g., face washes, makeup) are always together, paper towels are near cleaning products like 409, bleach etc? Well the local wal mart did a remodel. The shampoo was way in the back next to socks, the pills were still in the front but bandaids were somewhere else, makeup was way in the back too when its always in the front-isn, and instead it was next to the cleaning products, etc. Also, instead of having the shelves in a row, they made some shelves perpendicular to other shelves so you have to navigate this mess.

Basically it made no sense and I couldn't figure anything out. What the gently caress kind of store breaks the tried and true organization of a big box store and makes it totally impossible to find anything? I guess maybe they want people to be confused and walk around and pick up random products because they see them while wandering, so more $$$

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Heath posted:

There's a 90% chance anybody on this forum that will talk poo poo about your job is either unemployed or works for a lovely startup where they're paid in pizza and use of the arcade machine

sorry to crush your dream goonsage but my job pays a lot and I basically do nothing

:owned:

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Realtalk I worked at walmart and their anti-union poo poo is really loving creepy.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

vols bitch posted:

sorry to crush your dream goonsage but my job pays a lot and I basically do nothing

Getting to take home all of the half eaten food you find in the trash does not count as getting paid a lot.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I buy all my clothes from walmart and I look pretty good,

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I wish we had something like Walmart in Ireland.

We have Aldi and Lidl but they are really just cheapo grocery stores that occasionally sell stuff like TVs, housewares and garden furniture etc.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
One of my exes LOVED Aldi because "i just realized what my mom cooked for us... green peas in cheese from Aldi!" and he was so happy. So I tried some of the Aldi stuff, sausage specifically. It was literally like eating a brick of salt with meat flavoring.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Jonny 290 rendition bait-thread

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

vols bitch posted:

Well I just told your boss what you said and now you're going to have a 900 page report due on Tuesday. :grin:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

OctoberBlues posted:

Well I just told your boss what you said and now you're going to have a 900 page report due on Tuesday. :grin:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I buy mah jeans from walmart

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Haruharuharuko posted:

The greeter we used to have gave the fewest fucks of any human being I've ever met. A customer had some merch with her but wanted a cart but didn't want to walk past the security gates/pylons and asked the greeter to get her a cart he looks her right in the eyes and just points at the carts and say "They're over there" and just walks away.

it sounds like he was ahead of the game. We had a few people like that at my old retail job who would actively screw with customers between their bouts of workplace apathy. It made work better imo because it made you realize how little that job is gonna matter in the future.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I think Walmart is deece ... whose house brand do you prefer?

I loving hate you and think you are a moron

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wal*mart can't be all bad, they have in-house wrestling matches.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Bill NYSE posted:

Wal*mart can't be all bad, they have in-house wrestling matches.

how is this the world that we live in?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how is this the world that we live in?

Sponsored by Carls Jr

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I stole a child from walmart. Now she's going to the University of Chicago in the fall. I'm so proud of my stolen walmart baby. :3:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

psychokitty posted:

Sponsored by Carls Jr

loving Carl

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

symbolic posted:

:banjo: Carbon County represent.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Nascardad posted:

anything outside of Philadelphia is terrible. By Philadelphia's standards

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nascardad posted:

well hello, neighbor. Lehigh represent.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

well hello, neighbor. Lehigh represent.

so nice you two from Pennsyltucky are talking

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Doctor Syrup posted:

Realtalk I worked at walmart and their anti-union poo poo is really loving creepy.

Is it true that their response to the deli counter trying to unionize in one store was to remove deli counters from every store and lay off thousands of people?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Doctor Syrup posted:

The anti-union training videos I saw when I worked there were like cold war era propaganda about how your neighbor might be a commie rat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I make enough money not to have to shop at a dirty store with bad employees and fat people everywhere. Op, look into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thin Privilege posted:

Big box stores have the body/house products organized in a certain way, like pills together with bandaids, womany products (e.g., face washes, makeup) are always together, paper towels are near cleaning products like 409, bleach etc? Well the local wal mart did a remodel. The shampoo was way in the back next to socks, the pills were still in the front but bandaids were somewhere else, makeup was way in the back too when its always in the front-isn, and instead it was next to the cleaning products, etc. Also, instead of having the shelves in a row, they made some shelves perpendicular to other shelves so you have to navigate this mess.

Basically it made no sense and I couldn't figure anything out. What the gently caress kind of store breaks the tried and true organization of a big box store and makes it totally impossible to find anything? I guess maybe they want people to be confused and walk around and pick up random products because they see them while wandering, so more $$$

You know this is the Costco biz model right? Doin ok.

• Locked thread