Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
its cool that there are fine points to the game that you learn about by talking to other people and looking up community made resources online. its cool to coach a novice friend through the game and dispense bits of info until their progression clicks and they see the entire game open up before them. its cool to grab an unfamiliar weapon and go on easier hunts and figure out how to use it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bobnumerotres posted:

dual blades aerial style is the way theyre meant to be played

i thought it would be tough picking between aerial and adept for db but there's no comparison

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

66-5677-7284-5528 pass 8008
LR

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im very happy that the best MH theme is in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eyRBYoKp48

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Sorry for being a bitch and not monster hunting online today but I'm wretchedly hung over and haven't felt up to the pressure of multiplayer . Been knocking out some village quests tho and putting some Jaggi armor together (Prowler mode+gathering quests ftw) so I should be ready soon

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

im very happy that the best MH theme is in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eyRBYoKp48

That's not even the best track in that game-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAsCGpTnwOA

goferchan posted:

Sorry for being a bitch and not monster hunting online today but I'm wretchedly hung over and haven't felt up to the pressure of multiplayer . Been knocking out some village quests tho and putting some Jaggi armor together (Prowler mode+gathering quests ftw) so I should be ready soon

No worries, i am currently sucking poo poo with the Hammer so you're not missing out on not playing (with me), i'll give it some more time but now that i'm running into enemies whose heads are actually higher than my character model some of the skull-bashing charm is wearing off :( might goof around with LS since that was really fun in the demo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

C-Euro posted:

That's not even the best track in that game-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAsCGpTnwOA

No worries, i am currently sucking poo poo with the Hammer so you're not missing out on not playing (with me), i'll give it some more time but now that i'm running into enemies whose heads are actually higher than my character model some of the skull-bashing charm is wearing off :( might goof around with LS since that was really fun in the demo

sucking? tetsucabra couldn't even move when we fought him a minute ago.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I played literally nothing but hammer in 4U and I loved it. Really shines in co-op too, people will love you if you focus on getting stuns and it's probably even more sick this time around now that aerial style is a thing. The only reason I'm not using it in Gen is because I'm forcing myself to branch out (currently liking Aerial Greatsword a lot even though I never remember I have the ability to block and therefore never do it) ...... But unless hammer got a serious nerf between games it is a fine and noble weapon choice

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
yeah part of me wanting to play Hammer this time was that I was always happy to see a Hammer bro in 4U MP. Also the Narga in the demo was super-chumpable with Adept Hammer so I just stuck with that. But people seem to be really high on Aerial Ham? i'll have to give it a shot

Evil Eagle posted:

sucking? tetsucabra couldn't even move when we fought him a minute ago.

oh i was wondering who that was. thanks chief

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

C-Euro posted:

yeah part of me wanting to play Hammer this time was that I was always happy to see a Hammer bro in 4U MP. Also the Narga in the demo was super-chumpable with Adept Hammer so I just stuck with that. But people seem to be really high on Aerial Ham? i'll have to give it a shot

I mean who cares if their heads are higher than your character model if you're vaulting 30 feet into the air

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played hunting horn for most of 4U and it was so much fun. I might try Greatsword this time

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

I mean who cares if their heads are higher than your character model if you're vaulting 30 feet into the air

The Aerial hop-dodge roll felt really weird in the demo but I'll give it another shot

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I need to figure out the bow better.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HH is totally my jam and I'm gonna keep rocking that. But obviously I need like two or three other weapons to bounce between for variety and so I can cut tails.

I like gunlance a lot but I'm not good enough at timing my thrusts and evades to hang once monsters start getting fast and mean like Zinogre, I end up getting like two hits every ten seconds in between shielding and getting knocked around. I am hopeful that either aerial or adept style in MHGen can help me compensate.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Charge Blade is also so much fun I can't see myself breaking away from it in Generations

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they added blade oils to sword and shield to make it more interesting, im gonna try that out soon. has a zelda style greatspin as one of the ultimates

also the ultimate moves are the best addition

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It definitely feels great finishing off a monster with a greatsword Brimstone Slash counter.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope they expand on the idea in the next MH. just go full-on street fighter super bar and have some new armor skills and stuff that revolve around it

also, i like how theyve streamlined the damage numbers on weapons and stuff to make it less confusing. like, hammer, sns, lance etc. that are all at the same tier will have "100" atk power, no more having to look at a damage formula guide to figure out which numbers are actually better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even before they did this there were hidden weapon class multipliers for damage so the ATK ratings were just there to loving confuse you lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man it feels like mons are super trigger happy w swapping areas in this one, it is insanely annoying

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm all slick and horned up, ready to reveal my inner self in battle.... who will fight

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i will only use the hunting horn in every mh game until i Die... love that big horn

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

they added blade oils to sword and shield to make it more interesting, im gonna try that out soon. has a zelda style greatspin as one of the ultimates

also the ultimate moves are the best addition

forget that, the shield-shoryuken is where the money's at.

but yeah i've been using striker sns along with adept hh and it's really good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i should go striker sns drat. do you unlock more weapon arts by doing specific quests, or just advancing in ranks? i get the feeling its the former

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

sns is incredible, the weapon of angels, I'm very impressed with the changes as someone who has endured through the more 'beige' era as a loyalist to the class

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its pretty obvious the devs intended the sns to use striker cause you lose almost nothing for that style.

meanwhile the hammer loses the golfswings :whitewater:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

boy do i love fighting the yian garuga! when he shouts and combos it with a tailspin and youre completely SOL that is totally fair!

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

if we have any true gamers around, we only need 1 more for a full party

my new friend code is 3883-9139-6969

edit: now its full

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

if we have any true gamers around, we only need 1 more for a full party

my new friend code is 3883-9139-6969

room code

edit: gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just playing SP between calls at work, wont be free till like 5am lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god drat. my boy lagiacrus got a lot of new moves

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Lagi is great to take adept style against roll through those long body shocks and smash him

Zinogre otoh destroyed me for picking adept style

Dec 26, 2012

been using aerial/greatsword. it's tons of fun

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

im gonna use a gun this time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

I love it but I feel like I do way more damage as guild gs. aerial longsword wrecks everything I fight though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

striker sns is insanely powerful. the swordspin comes out really often and deals big damage

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

boy do i love fighting the yian garuga! when he shouts and combos it with a tailspin and youre completely SOL that is totally fair!

I hate him. His instaproc tail flip makes me want to scream.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he is all the MH boss sins combined. thankfully he has pretty low HP and easy to reach parts

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Garuga is pretty much a joke when you have earplugs

01011001 posted:

dude what up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just rly hate any monster that has instant tail spins or dashes with no wind-up whatsoever you just eat a hit

• Locked thread