Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Whole Internet posted:

so what are this thing's pronouns, triggers, headmates, and kinships? just so i can get an idea of how much i have in common with it

How does she ship the cast of Power Rangers

Also, LOL at "ship" being a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Serious Frolicking posted:

never seen this show, though. i am pretty sure only genderless blobs with neon hair would even consider it.

This is hilarious because the first time I heard about Steven Universe was literally from an overweight genderfluid person who wouldn't shut up about it. I've never seen it and feel like that's a good thing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
You know how Conservatives have been constantly talking about gay agendas and homosexual propaganda? Gay space rock show.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

A few friends made me watch Adventure Time and it was a bunch of melty blob characters screaming about stuff that made no sense and wasn't particularly funny and I just couldn't force myself to laugh at it even after smoking many pots. At that moment I realized that I, as a man in my 30s, am maybe not the intended audience for a kid's cartoon show and just kinda stopped worrying about it. This is cool too, though

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
When I first caught adventure time on cartoon network, I thought the episodes were good for a couple of laughs, it was only when I started following it as a series I realised how garbage it actually was.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I like lots of stupid cartoons and video games but I draw the line at talking about that poo poo with other grown-rear end adults in public. I've got friends who will shout at the top of their lungs DID YOU SEE THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE and I'm on the other side of the table hissing at them to shut the gently caress up before I have to burn down the restaurant.

In conclusion, I think I'm too old for shows with 'fandoms'.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Naerasa posted:

I like lots of stupid cartoons and video games but I draw the line at talking about that poo poo with other grown-rear end adults in public. I've got friends who will shout at the top of their lungs DID YOU SEE THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE and I'm on the other side of the table hissing at them to shut the gently caress up before I have to burn down the restaurant.

I remember getting really mad at my college roommate because he wouldn't stop talking loudly about The Simpsons while a girl I had a thing for was walking by

and The Simpsons isn't even a kids' show, and college sophomores are questionably even "adults", so your thing sounds worse

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Lol remember the my little pony TVIV threads

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

facebook jihad posted:

some goons actually watched that poo poo?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I never actually saw one of these threads but I was a Let's Play poster at the time and I remember very distinctly when half the forum suddenly had pony avatars and someone made a MLP-themed Diplomacy thread

I got curious and tried watching Episode 1, but I couldn't last five minutes because it was very obviously a show for little girls and I still don't understand why so many adults went literally and certifiably crazy over it :shrug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Skeleton Ape posted:

A few friends made me watch Adventure Time and it was a bunch of melty blob characters screaming about stuff that made no sense and wasn't particularly funny and I just couldn't force myself to laugh at it even after smoking many pots. At that moment I realized that I, as a man in my 30s, am maybe not the intended audience for a kid's cartoon show and just kinda stopped worrying about it. This is cool too, though

maybe you just hate fun

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Junior Jr. posted:

Depending on your subforum, yeah, a bunch of goons actually watched that poo poo and wouldn't shut the gently caress up about it in any context (y'know, like bronies always do) until finally ponyposting became a bannable offense and there was a SA brony holocaust

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

First couple seasons of Adventure Time are a fine weedsmoking activity but it got terrible after that

Oddly enough the point where it seems to have gotten terrible is when the Steven Universe lady left the staff to pursue her own project which is even worse

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

First couple seasons of Adventure Time are a fine weedsmoking activity but it got terrible after that

Oddly enough the point where it seems to have gotten terrible is when the Steven Universe lady left the staff to pursue her own project which is even worse

Well I've only seen it a couple ofttimes flipping through channels so sure

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Depending on your subforum, yeah, a bunch of goons actually watched that poo poo and wouldn't shut the gently caress up about it in any context (y'know, like bronies always do) until finally ponyposting became a bannable offense and there was a SA brony holocaust

Praise the lord

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i think its dumb but then again all I watch is jojos bizarre adventure so my opinion shouldn't count

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Naerasa posted:

hiding your power level

smart~

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

i think its dumb but then again all I watch is jojos bizarre adventure so my opinion shouldn't count

to be fair, jojo's bizarre adventure does look like good weed material.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I used to be into Homestuck AMA

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

jojo is good and cool to look at

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the MLP thing is just trolling right?

no one literally unironically watches that

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

Its verry important the lgbt have some representation in the media and this show is what they feel best represents them

on behalf of the B in the LGBT, i'd like to clarify this show does not represent us at all, only the really lecturey tumblrey ones, which the rest of us also hate. h~ t~ h~

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

What did you think of the ending?

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

loquacius posted:

I honestly don't even understand what Homestuck is... like is it a show? A comic? It's got music too I think right? And like the Undertale guy did some music for it too? His music is really good. That was a good game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Bronies' lives are one big elaborate troll

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What did you think of the ending?

It ended?

poo poo I should probably watch through that I guess

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Gay space rock

I feel like gay space rock could be a pretty good type of music.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

I got curious and tried watching Episode 1, but I couldn't last five minutes because it was very obviously a show for little girls and I still don't understand why so many adults went literally and certifiably crazy over it :shrug:

loquacius posted:

*makes the exact same expression nurse ratched in the cartoon in my av is making IRL*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

El Golden Goose posted:

I honestly don't even understand what Homestuck is... like is it a show? A comic? It's got music too I think right? And like the Undertale guy did some music for it too? His music is really good. That was a good game

It's a comic that had a bunch of text and also it had Flash animations and some of them were little Flash games and a bunch of people made music for it, but only some of that music got featured in Flash animations and the rest is just like themes inspired by scenes or characters and some of the music is bad but some of it is good if you like chiptunes

and yeah the Undertale guy was the best of the music people

e:

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

*makes the exact same expression nurse ratched in the cartoon in my av is making IRL*

whoa dude I didn't actually WATCH My Little Pony, I just noticed and was a little nonplussed when half of the Games subforum suddenly had ponies next to their posts

Homestuck though yeah I have no excuse for that one

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

El Golden Goose posted:

the Undertale guy made Homestuck, I think

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

We hired a guy last year that put up a small poster of MLP

I'm still trying to figure out if that's a fireable offense

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

Well, it wouldn't fall under any protections of EEO law, so I think you're safe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

I used to work at a game company and I once noticed while a guy was away from his desk that he had a bunch of pony figurines on it

Every time I walked past him after that I involuntarily tensed up like he was a serial killer or something

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Undertale is kind of fun, though I can't say the same for Homestuck...it looks like it deserves to be shitcanned.

ElGroucho posted:

I think I once saw a news article some brony got fired at work...good riddance.

edit: It's this one, although I should put up a :nws: just in case.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 27, 2016

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Junior Jr. posted:

Like loquacious said pretty much. I remember posting a bit in TVIV back in like 2011 because I was trying to get into TV after not watching for years and I remember the MLP thread always being at the top of the forum and having an absurd number of pages. I looked into it thinking it was probably an ironic or mock thread but it was mostly all legit brony posting.
Sure you had some FYAD leaks and troll posts calling people pedophiles and what not but they always got shouted down or ignored. Plenty of fanart too. It was loving weird.

As an experiment I clicked to read the last post one morning and kept track of how many new posts were made in a single day, and the number went well over a thousand posts in that one day.

This was like right before 'brony' became a thing so I seriously had no idea what in the blue gently caress this was all about. I'm not sure if the Steven Universe thread is like that but yeah SA had a poo poo ton of bronies before the holocaust.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Junior Jr. posted:

Google ponygoons and get ready to be amazed.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

the Undertale guy made Homestuck, I think

The Undertale guy is actually just one of the musicians for Homestuck, the art and writing are all Andrew Hussie.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

facebook jihad posted:

Like loquacious said pretty much. I remember posting a bit in TVIV back in like 2011 because I was trying to get into TV after not watching for years and I remember the MLP thread always being at the top of the forum and having an absurd number of pages. I looked into it thinking it was probably an ironic or mock thread but it was mostly all legit brony posting.
Sure you had some FYAD leaks and troll posts calling people pedophiles and what not but they always got shouted down or ignored. Plenty of fanart too. It was loving weird.

As an experiment I clicked to read the last post one morning and kept track of how many new posts were made in a single day, and the number went well over a thousand posts in that one day.

This was like right before 'brony' became a thing so I seriously had no idea what in the blue gently caress this was all about. I'm not sure if the Steven Universe thread is like that but yeah SA had a poo poo ton of bronies before the holocaust.

And to think now only 4chan and reddit have permanent subforums specifically for bronies. Just goes to show we kind of dodged a bullet here.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
i remember he man as fondly as the next generation xer but this is a show for four year olds. there has to be a line somewhere

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
holy poo poo OP next you're gonna tell me the biggest thread in book barn is gonna be about star wars books or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Gumball is legit funny and I always enjoy watching it with my nephews. I'm pretty sure Regular Show exists to help people get their kids to understand 80s movie jokes

• Locked thread