Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

SGR posted:

Zetas are loving bastards. Luckily it seems like a majority of the areas they're in have ways to cheese the fights.

Also has anyone gotten the gravity suit yet in the underwater area? I'm stuck behind these weird blue bubble wall things. Anyone know what I'm talking about and gotten past them yet?

Yeah there's another power up in the water world, one that will be indispensable when you fight metroids proper.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Yeah there's another power up in the water world, one that will be indispensable when you fight metroids proper.....

Ok I know what you're talking about, that's in the very first temple isn't it? How do you get in? I know it involves that weird statue thing...

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

SGR posted:

Ok I know what you're talking about, that's in the very first temple isn't it? How do you get in? I know it involves that weird statue thing...

Noo it's in the water place, and the secret to activating those statue things is also in the water place.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yesterday I started playing this game and got to the queen in one sitting, it was very intense

Soral
May 30, 2009

SGR posted:

Zetas are loving bastards. Luckily it seems like a majority of the areas they're in have ways to cheese the fights.

Also has anyone gotten the gravity suit yet in the underwater area? I'm stuck behind these weird blue bubble wall things. Anyone know what I'm talking about and gotten past them yet?

you can get the item youre referring to without having to mess with those obstacles. but also, 2 of those obstacles in that zone can be completely bypassed from within the same room they're in.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

SGR posted:

You're probably doing the same thing I did.

Did you find the shortcut area there? Make sure you entered *every tunnel*. Double check them.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
Figured it out thanks. There's a bit of a tricky route you have to take. Now I'm in "The Nest" and the Omegas are kicking my rear end. :suicide:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

SGR posted:

Figured it out thanks. There's a bit of a tricky route you have to take. Now I'm in "The Nest" and the Omegas are kicking my rear end. :suicide:

The Omegas were pretty tough when I was attempting to dodge their attacks, but I found success just suicide rushing them and shooting close range super missiles at their bellies

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Boomstick Quaid posted:

The Omegas were pretty tough when I was attempting to dodge their attacks, but I found success just suicide rushing them and shooting close range super missiles at their bellies

That's been my strategy for everything.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Omegas probably have the most forgiving hitbox of all the metroids but you got to get in close to guarantee the hit

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they like classic metroid 2 omegas or fusion omegas

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

frank.club posted:

Are they like classic metroid 2 omegas or fusion omegas

They're kind of their own thing, probably a little more imposing than the fusion one. They're very mobile.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just checked their site and all downloads are down

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just checked their site and all downloads are down

I snagged the torrent

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

They're kind of their own thing, probably a little more imposing than the fusion one. They're very mobile.

Jesus lol

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

They have a really good blinking animation

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's cool that as the game progress it gets better like the guy who made it progressively improved as it was being made

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the mining section i thought something bad and explosive was definitely gonna happen but it was just restrained and unsettling. Wonderfully done little section, especially with the dead researchers popping up right beforehand

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

frank.club posted:

it's cool that as the game progress it gets better like the guy who made it progressively improved as it was being made

The animations on the queen are sick

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

frank.club posted:

I've played the demos and DoctorM64 definitely went through the entire map and added polish in some areas.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this game is really good, wow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

e: dumb

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the spazzer beam? this is highly problematic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the spazzer beam? this is highly problematic

you suck

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

just when I thought gammas were boring they learn an asinine new trick.

Found my first powerup I can't figure out how the gently caress to get. It's a super missile tank in the dark area you go into right after getting super missiles. It needs speed booster and there doesn't appear to be anywhere in the room to charge it and I'm pretty sure leaving the room will reset the rest of the puzzle.

e: figured it out. gross.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 8, 2016

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Apparently that metroid fansite confirmed that the DMCA takedown was from Nintendo, and also the download links on the actual AM2R site are gone. Thanks Ninty for a happy 30th anniversary.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Zaa Boogie posted:

Time for the "Was it Nintendo or a dmca troll" game.

Well, looks like everybody lost this game. Thanks, Nintendo. :v:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Torrents still work mes freres

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i downloaded a copy at work since i knew i wouldnt be able to get on my home pc in time

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
seriously theres a torrent its out of their hands already

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

maybe nintendo are taking it down because they decided to buy the game and release it as an official product lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

maybe nintendo are taking it down because they decided to buy the game and release it as an official product lmfao

nah, they dont have any resources for a metroid game

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Ninty is waging full blown propaganda war against all of metroid fandom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What if Federation Force ends up kicking rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it's a coop FPS on a handheld

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

The federation (nintendo) has laid off Samus. She's now doing freelance work (insanely baller fan games)

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Retro needs to go back and make the original planned version of metroid prime 2 that was like system shock aboard a space station where you could occasionally leave and collect bounties.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Retro needs to go back and make the original planned version of metroid prime 2 that was like system shock aboard a space station where you could occasionally leave and collect bounties.

this but instead retro makes more badass dk games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Boomstick Quaid posted:

that sounds goddamn awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I've always thought just plopping Samus into the old prey 2 idea would be a good bounty hunting spin-off game but that kind of thing would never happen because the Japanese hate what a bounty hunter actually is

• Locked thread