Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

idiotbitch posted:

she probably divorced you because you judged everyone. I bet she enjoyed her new wedding

I'll have u know we tried to get married at McDonald's but everyone kept confusion her 4 grimace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kikkelivelho posted:

There are dignified ways of having mexican themed weddings. You don't need Taco Bell to arrange these kinds of dehumanizing "events". If you can't afford anything better than the next door fast food joint you probably aren't in a position to have a wedding in the first place. This is purely a another case of large corporations abusing their position in society and preying on the weak minded and unfortunate.

Yah it's better to waste thousands of dollars on "better" food that nobody really likes

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
Im going to a wedding this w[ek and giving $50 gift, but telling everyone who asks it's actually $100

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

idiotbitch posted:

sorry. Im just trying to say the taco bell wedding is good

I also never posted thi thread w negative connotations but thanks 4 stepping up to be a hero for these happy people probably from Arkansas I would guess

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I put the ring on her fknger and it didn't fit not even the pinky and her best man Randall chimed in and said hey u better supersize jt and we laughed but I was still out a hundo and never got around 2 it

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

social vegan posted:

I put the ring on her fknger and it didn't fit not even the pinky and her best man Randall chimed in and said hey u better supersize jt and we laughed but I was still out a hundo and never got around 2 it

This is exactly what I'm talking about. These are the sad stories that take place in the forgotten corners of America where the state has abandoned it's citizens. Obama moans endlessly about gun crimes while the country is suffering a slow spiritual death in the hands of the fast food chains.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. These are the sad stories that take place in the forgotten corners of America where the state has abandoned it's citizens. Obama moans endlessly about gun crimes while the country is suffering a slow spiritual death in the hands of the fast food chains.

Idk we still had fun

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

kikkelivelho posted:

I think the wedding-industrial complex is probably worse than fast food, you can eat fast food quite often to no real detriment but a single wedding and you're out like 50k or whatever.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

social vegan posted:

Idk we still had fun

Self delusion is a powerful thing indeed. It's amazing how the brain can make misery appear desirable when no other options exist

shovelbum posted:

I think the wedding-industrial complex is probably worse than fast food, you can eat fast food quite often to no real detriment but a single wedding and you're out like 50k or whatever.

Being able to afford a proper wedding is proof that you can sustain a healthy family. Hosting a "wedding" at Taco Bell is proof that the system isn't working

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

idiotbitch posted:

sorry. Im just trying to say the taco bell wedding is good

Wow , heh, take my wife - please! Heh.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Third-rate caterers provide food thats no better than Taco Bell anyways. I'd much rather feast on some Doritos Locos tacos than the "chicken or beef?" offerings at just about every wedding

This is so true. I'm getting married very soon (...holy poo poo. REALLY soon.) and every caterer that we tried that was *just* a caterer was downright appallingly bad, even though they were charging the equivalent of like $30 a plate. The restaurants that also handled catering service were amazing, and we went with a cool local place that had amazing food relatively cheap. It kind of makes sense, too - any restaurant that's popular enough to stay open is going to make more meals in two days than a dedicated catering company does in a week.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Ryoshi posted:

This is so true. I'm getting married very soon (...holy poo poo. REALLY soon.) and every caterer that we tried that was *just* a caterer was downright appallingly bad, even though they were charging the equivalent of like $30 a plate. The restaurants that also handled catering service were amazing, and we went with a cool local place that had amazing food relatively cheap. It kind of makes sense, too - any restaurant that's popular enough to stay open is going to make more meals in two days than a dedicated catering company does in a week.

We had the same experience and ended up with Qdoba catering and two frozen drink machines set up at the church's community building. The wedding party was buzzed/drunk by noon.

All the dedicated catering companies we looked into served expensive, flavorless poo poo. Dry beef or flavorless boneless chicken breast, potatoes and crunchy green beans were the norm. I've choked enough of that crap down at other weddings and catered company events that we decided we weren't having garbage food that anyone's grandma could blow out of the water.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Third-rate caterers provide food thats no better than Taco Bell anyways. I'd much rather feast on some Doritos Locos tacos than the "chicken or beef?" offerings at just about every wedding

If you wanna be classy though you gotta get yourself a taco man at your party:

those tacos look like poo poo gently caress you

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011
is this better or worse than fast food wedding?

like at least it's honest about how utterly loving trashy it is

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

bald gnome error posted:

is this better or worse than fast food wedding?

like at least it's honest about how utterly loving trashy it is

holy loving lol i lost it at the 1st pic

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

kikkelivelho posted:

Being able to afford a proper wedding is proof that you can sustain a healthy family. Hosting a "wedding" at Taco Bell is proof that the system isn't working

It's proof that you can waste a fortune - wedding prices are one of those things that have seen a truly disproportionate rise that can't be explained by "they maintained a steady normal growth against stagnant wages".

edit: just like why you can't work your way through school on a summer job grandpa, it's not JUST wage stagnation.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Why did they steal their slogan from the homeless food kitchen

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

those tacos look like poo poo gently caress you

Reported for rudeness!

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
don't these loving assholes know that i'm better than them????

i better email to make sure

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I AM THE TOILET posted:

don't these loving assholes know that i'm better than them????

i better email to make sure

Reported for lying

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

The more of these I see the more I realize I am just hating on their happiness :ohdear:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i remember reading that pizza hut had a $10,000 promo where you could get a ruby ring with your pizza as a wedding proposal. did anyone go through with that?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol if you think people go to Taco Bell for the food, it's all about the ambiance. :smug:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Last time I was in Taco Bell, it was a TB in Clearfield, Utah. I saw two of the most ugly, foul, disgusting people I have ever seen. They bought, no joke, almost $50 worth of food. It sounded like they just stocked up from time to time, stored it all in their fridge, and lived off of it for all meals.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

Last time I was in Taco Bell, it was a TB in Clearfield, Utah. I saw two of the most ugly, foul, disgusting people I have ever seen. They bought, no joke, almost $50 worth of food. It sounded like they just stocked up from time to time, stored it all in their fridge, and lived off of it for all meals.

It's Called a dowry, retard

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
This thread is really judgy. If I was on my second or third wedding, hell ya would I do it in a hooters

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

stuck my dick in the chocolate fondue fountain

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

stuck my dick in the chocolate fondue fountain

but enough about your dad's rear end in a top hat

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I would attend a taco bell wedding.

However, I'd attend any wedding for the food.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

I expected to get the best results out of Olive Garden but I haven't found a single one

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I expected to get the best results out of Olive Garden but I haven't found a single one

So you did get the best results.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I'm the bride uncomfortably leaning away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I can't stop googling 'lovely chain restaurant' + 'wedding'

I'm the drunk peeing business man from page 1

• Locked thread