Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
At one point yesterday Monte said that Danielle was being a "typical bitch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

violetdragon posted:

:neckbeard:

Can you also get flashback to work for old seasons?

Yep. You can jump around and watch anything. BB15 is the oldest season still up, though I'm not sure that's exactly quality viewing.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

Muddy Burphy posted:

At one point yesterday Monte said that Danielle was being a "typical bitch"

Yeah the odds are good there will be a confrontation today between those two, she was ranting about him in the backyard while he was sulking in HOH. He's pretty much alone now (assuming CB is evicted, and that might be unanimous) and a lock to be nominated.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Had this been a normal season, I really wonder what Cornbread's edit would have looked like. I think he would have been safe for awhile without the America's Nominee vote. Could they have really have given him a "aw shucks" personality?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

Yep. You can jump around and watch anything. BB15 is the oldest season still up, though I'm not sure that's exactly quality viewing.

:neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

I'm so happy! Right now, I'm more interested in watching old Paul/Vic clips than I am the new season.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Teek posted:

Had this been a normal season, I really wonder what Cornbread's edit would have looked like. I think he would have been safe for awhile without the America's Nominee vote. Could they have really have given him a "aw shucks" personality?

If it had been a normal season they would have talked about the honey boo boo stuff

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
First live episode in 30 minutes!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Are they about to evict a man in a tuxedo t-shirt? how unfortunate.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Now that they've showed a "typical" Big Brother episode I'm really impressed with how much they can fit in a full hour. They did an excellent job catching the dynamics of the week. I'm sold on BB OTT now. It was a rough start but they are starting to find their groove I feel.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

Cornbread evicted 9-1. Wore a tuxedo t-shirt. Said "gently caress ya'll" right before he went out the door.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Yeah, this is exactly the type of thing I was wanting. It was funny to see a semi-normal episode of Big Brother with F-bombs several times.

They managed to pack a full week into 59 minutes, which was impressive. Also was amused by the fake non-commercial breaks they had.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The unedited swearing was really O_O for me at first because I'm not used it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Second HOH comp will be starting in 5 minutes. Everyone is wearing athletic gear.

Based on the budget, I expect this will be a brutal game of ring around the rosie.

With Cornbread gone, I also expect some Houseguests will happy to finally get a good night's sleep.

Edit: This competition has a budget! Endurance competition that's semi-Survivoresque. They each have a long pole which they have to hold up and out to pin a crown to a picture of their head. If the crown drops, they're out.

Teek fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 6, 2016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
That lasted quite awhile, about 2.5 hours. Came down to Alex and Neely, Alex finally won.

Edit: Alex, ever the fan, came back inside and was rather desperate in checking the time to confirm how long that competition took in case that was a future comp question.

Teek fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 6, 2016

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Cornbread's exit sustains me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really don't like Kryssie. She's one of those people that has to always talk about how comfortable she is with herself because inside she hates herself tremendously. It's loving annoying.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Care Package voting now open for this week. Here are all the care packages:

Week 1 - Save-A-Friend Vote Oct 1 - Oct 7
This care package gives the winner the power to keep one of their housemates safe from eviction this week.

Week 2 - Pick-A-Veto Vote Oct 13 - Oct 14
The winner of this care package gets the power to pick which type of veto the Houseguests will be competing for this week. Options will be:

Diamond Veto - The holder of this veto has the power to remove someone from the chopping block and also name the replacement nominee.
Double Veto - Two vetoes will be awarded at the veto competition and in play this week.
Boomerang Veto - The winner of this veto will be able to use it twice. That means the holder could remove two people from the chopping block at the veto meeting.

Week 3 - The Safety Servant Vote Oct 20 - Oct 21
The winner of this care package becomes the Safety Servant.
Whoever wins it will be safe from eviction this week, but Big Brother will also make them the Head of Household's personal servant.
That means, they must follow every command from Big Brother if they want to remain safe for the week.

Week 4 - Eliminate 3 Eviction Votes Vote Oct 27 - Oct 28
The winner of this care package receives the power to eliminate three eviction votes.

Week 5 - Co-HOH Vote Nov 3 - Nov 4
This care package gives the Houseguest of your choice the power of being co-head of household.
The winner will be safe for the week, share the perks of being HOH, and also name one of the two nominees for eviction.

Week 6 - Double Eviction Veto Vote Nov 10 - Nov 11
During this week's double eviction, the Houseguests will not compete in a veto competition.
Instead, the winner of this care package will be awarded with the power of veto.

Week 7 - The Final Four Challenge Vote Nov 17 - Nov 18
The winner of this care package will receive the opportunity to automatically advance to the final four.
In order to earn safety this week and claim their spot in the final four, they will have to complete a challenge given by Big Brother.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Is there an actual reason to pick the Double instead of the Boomerang veto?

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The winner of that care package doesn't get the veto, they only decide what type of veto is won in the competition. So they might want the weakest veto to be up for grabs if they're happy with the nominees.

We're going to gently caress this up though. We'll paint giant targets on the anti Monte HGs and he'll easily bring in the floaters to get them evicted since there will be objective proof that they are popular online. Even if the winners aren't announced I don't see it being too difficult to put the pieces together.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Pleasing Shape posted:

The winner of that care package doesn't get the veto, they only decide what type of veto is won in the competition. So they might want the weakest veto to be up for grabs if they're happy with the nominees.

We're going to gently caress this up though. We'll paint giant targets on the anti Monte HGs and he'll easily bring in the floaters to get them evicted since there will be objective proof that they are popular online. Even if the winners aren't announced I don't see it being too difficult to put the pieces together.

Makes sense.

gently caress CBS for making me want to subscribe.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Sentiment I'm reading online is that of some viewers being rather annoyed that it seems like Jason's side if going to run roughshod over Monte's from hear on out since they control the votes. Which will make the next month boring. If Monte goes on the block this week, he or Alex have to win veto or they won't have the votes to save him unless someone from the other side flips. Every week after that, even if one of the four girls win veto, Jason's fans will have the numbers to simply keep putting one of the girls on the block.

In the above scenario, Shelby, Morgan, Whitney and Scott could vote for one of Alex's nominees. That's not enough though, they need five. They would have to see if they could get Jason to vote out Danielle and break up the showmance.

While I'm not that pessimistic, it is possible. It's one reason why the America's nominee power can go wrong. America's eviction vote is fine, the nominee thing seems to be a bit too powerful with a returnee in the game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Viewers getting power is fine, especially in this OTT format, except they put someone in the house, and only one person, who had a built in fanbase. It doesn't matter how few fans you think he has, he has a major advantage in this game that the others don't have. Having a returning HG was a mistake for OTT.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
So did Justin actually expose himself to Morgan or did she happen to see him getting in the shower and Monte decided to make a mountain out of that because of obvious reasons?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
It appears it wasn't on the feeds at the time. From what I've read, it sounds like it wasn't just a butt exposure as he drops his drawers and steps into the shower (which happens numerous times apparently), this time around he cupped his junk with hand while facing them and said something(?) I hope they cover it on the recap tonight.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I found a transcript on Reddit.

Morgan: "It got so uncomfortable."
Monte: "Morgan's right next to me and he drops it, buck naked right in front of her and he just walks in the shower, like clearly making a statement saying..."
Shelby to Morgan: "He showed you his dick??"
Morgan: "Well he was like holding it, but it was just like, it was so uncomfortable."
Monte: "That's sexist! That's disrespectful to her... he's trying to stir poo poo with me because he knows me and her are close... that is the most blunt move I've seen."
Shelby: "Are you like OK?"
Morgan: "I'm fine I was just like, I just don't, why is he?"
Monte: "He's trying to get under my skin."
Morgan: "Yeah you can't let it bother you because he's like, blatantly going at it... Yeah, that was just really awkward."

Morgan was trying to downplay it afterward and of course Monte made it about him.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Teek posted:

How does this work? I found extra crap like clips and interviews in BBViewer, but not the old feeds themselves?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Teek posted:

It's not! In BBViewer, go to File, Videos. Select CBS All Access, Live Feeds, then select to load the Season 18 Live Feeds archive. The bookmarks will then load for that season! Looks like Bookmarks are still also there for season 17, 16 and 15.

Once you get into the Live Feeds area, you can then select which season you want to load.

You can watch exciting feeds, like this random spot I jumped to of Clelli in bed and Johnny Mac and James playing pool.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 7, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks! I wonder if CBS plans on keeping the old feeds up. Was BB15 the first non Real Player season?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
I think so? I wonder if some day they'll bake the old feeds into the CBS website, instead of just being a workaround hidden feature.

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 7, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Teek posted:

I think so? I wonder if some day they'll bake the old feeds into the CBS website, instead of just being a workaround hidden feature.

It's weird that they haven't, considering how completely accessible they are via BBviewer. It's a shame that the realplayer feeds are probably lost forever though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Kryssie got the first care package. She has to pick someone before the first safety ceremony. That person can't be nominated or the replacement nominee.

There was a big push to get it to her, so it looks like it worked. A certain contingent also wants to make her Have Not and the third nominee, just to confuse them and gently caress with her. Hah.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 7, 2016

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I don't like this whole "use the voting just to cause random havoc" push.

I do like the "make Monte a have-not and hope the have-not food is junk food" idea though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What did Scott do that earned the ire of America?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Monte pissed a huge chunk of the house off by making a "joke" that Justin "probably stole" his nice clothes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Kryssie used her safety power on Jason. Alex later made Kryssie, Whitney, Neely and Morgan safe.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Shane and Danielle nominated.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Shane and Danielle nominated.

Wow. I feel like that's a really aggressive move by Alex, but drat I like it

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Monte and Morgan are the likely candidates for America'a Nomination.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
America nominated Monte. Alex pulled Scott and choice for herself and selected Shelby. Really solid draw for Alex.

Edit: Big Jeff will apparently play some part in the veto competition later today.

Edit #2: Shane won veto in the golf comp. Shelby got a costume, Alex has a visibility penalty for her next HOH comp, Monte can't play in the next veto, Scott got a sand trap penalty and Danielle got a water hazard punishment.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Shane used veto on himself and Kryssie was put up as the replacement nominee.

There's a worry going around in some communities that Monte's eviction means a clean sweep removal for the Plastics, since Jason's pull will mean at least one of them will always go on the block. And because they don't have the numbers, they'll always go home. To that end, there's a strong desire to hit back against America's Monte eviction votes and put as many votes as possible onto Danielle instead. It's a narrow shot, but whichever way America votes this week, will essentially control who goes home. If Monte does go home, the Plastics/Scott have to win both HOH and veto to stay in the game.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 11, 2016

• Locked thread