Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How did the Chiefs lose to this team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

looks like eli or flacco will once again have to dust off the patriot killing capes and save the nfl again smh

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Ross Angeles posted:

How did the Chiefs lose to this team

Because the Chiefs are currently a bad team with only 2 decent quarters of play so far

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The Texans had a critical play while still tied 0-0. Third and eight near midfield... and they run it? They loving run it? Christ, Texans.

It didn't work, and they didn't sniff midfield again until garbage time. Play scared and you'll get yo rear end beat, Texans.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Watching the Texans offense tonight was like watching Mike Dawson at the ring toss.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Kraken posted:

The Texans had a critical play while still tied 0-0. Third and eight near midfield... and they run it? They loving run it? Christ, Texans.

It didn't work, and they didn't sniff midfield again until garbage time. Play scared and you'll get yo rear end beat, Texans.

Lamar Miller had a better chance of getting 8 yards than Brock Osweiller.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Oof.
I know what losses like this feel like.
The Texans went into the game 2-0 and confidence sky high and they just ran crotch-first into a buzzsaw.

The most demoralizing losses are the ones that you can't pull one positive thing out of. Embarrassed in front of the nation by a 3rd stringer, 0 points and beaten handily on all 3 phases of football.

It will be interesting to see how this loss effects the Texans going forward, but that division is so awful that they might be able to still win it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Chris James 2 posted:

The only man who can save us

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

trent dilfer-rear end replacement-tier-rear end motherfucker

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love the Pats cause everyone gets so mad when they succeed and fall all over themselves to come up with reasons why they're Not Actually That Good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kalensc posted:

Ehud should just call in sick tomorrow

There's no way he watched the game. It usually goes something like this.

*he walks in and sits down and says hey*

*types on his way too loud mechanical keyboard for a while and looks up highlights to pretend he watched even though he's a super casual fan who hasn't watched a full game outside of the super bowl 2 years ago*

:patssay: ...dude, Brissett looked so good last night

:coolfish: Yeah he looked decent.

:patssay: Don't be salty! He was great!

:coolfish: I mean, he was good enough to score when the Texans gave him a short field. But you guys won mostly because you took advantage of all the turnovers. Brissett played fine with what he was asked to do. Defense, special teams and the Texans being awful on offense were bigger factors in your win.

:patssay: Whatever. When's the last time the Dolphins won a Super Bowl?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Actually I never posted what he said about week one

*types on his way too loud mechanical keyboard for a while and looks up highlights to pretend he watched even though he's a super casual fan who hasn't watched a full game outside of the super bowl 2 years ago*

:patssay: Welp, Hillary had another guy killed. I'm definitely voting for Trump.

:coolfish: Yeah, I know you are.

:patssay: Do you want me to send you a link about it?

:coolfish: Not really.

:patssay: *more typing*

:patssay: Dude, Jimmy G!

:coolfish: Yep.

:patssay: He looked so good!"

:coolfish: He played well.

:patssay: Played well?! Did you even see his stats?!

:coolfish: I watched the game.

:patssay: His stats are insane!!

:coolfish: 264 yards and a TD...?

:patssay: That's incredible!

:coolfish: That's a pretty forgettable stat line. He played well, but I don't see why you're freaking out about his numbers.

:patssay: We're gonna beat you guys so bad next week!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

w...why doesn't he have six?

Oh that's right

Chris James 2 posted:

The only man who can save us

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Didn't Brisette have like 120 total yards? Lol.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
70 zillion dollars and they don't trust Brock to throw on third down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

70 zillion dollars and they don't trust Brock to throw on third down.

Probably for good reason.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I'm so ready to hear the Pats fans at work say they have the three best QBs in the AFCE and poo poo talk Tannehill.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey the best team from the best division in the NFC couldn't beat a Brady-less, Gronk-less Patriots at home, so maybe just layoff the AFC already!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Saying they have the three best is stupid but I wouldn't put up much of a fight about top two

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Elway is a wizard

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brain Curry posted:

I'm so ready to hear the Pats fans at work say they have the three best QBs in the AFCE and poo poo talk Tannehill.

He seriously couldn't name any of the other QB's in the AFC East.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

fsif posted:

Hey the best team from the best division in the NFC couldn't beat a Brady-less, Gronk-less Patriots at home, so maybe just layoff the AFC already!

But The Eagles haven't played the Pats???!?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

He seriously couldn't name any of the other QB's in the AFC East.

Does it matter?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Does it matter?

No, he'd still make the claim, but I'm just saying he doesn't know any of the names.

btw the Pats are now 79-0 when leading at the half in Gillette

lol if you don't think they are doing some hardcore cheating 100% of the time

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Do ancient rites count as cheating?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

No, he'd still make the claim, but I'm just saying he doesn't know any of the names.

No I mean does it matter who the other AFC East qbs are?

Like lets say the Pats are playing the Dolphins, but Edelman is announced the starter. What odds would you need to beat on the Dolphins?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Keith Atherton posted:

Thursday Night Football was Thursday Night Football as usual but minus any comedy

I thought it was pretty funny.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ehud posted:

Actually I never posted what he said about week one

:patssay: Welp, Hillary had another guy killed. I'm definitely voting for Trump.

:coolfish: Yeah, I know you are.

:patssay: Do you want me to send you a link about it?

:coolfish: Not really.

:patssay: *more typing*

:patssay: Dude, Jimmy G!

:coolfish: Yep.

:patssay: He looked so good!"

:coolfish: He played well.

:patssay: Played well?! Did you even see his stats?!

:coolfish: I watched the game.

:patssay: His stats are insane!!

:coolfish: 264 yards and a TD...?

:patssay: That's incredible!

:coolfish: That's a pretty forgettable stat line. He played well, but I don't see why you're freaking out about his numbers.

:patssay: We're gonna beat you guys so bad next week!

Haha, I guess that makes him slightly more tolerable. Seems wayyyy easy to troll though, I'm impressed by your self-control. I'd be feeding him all kinds of fake stats and conspiracy theories just to see which ones he ran with.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

btw the Pats are now 79-0 when leading at the half in Gillette

lol if you don't think they are doing some hardcore cheating 100% of the time

This is the Football version of "Did you hear Hillary had another person killed", FYI.

Also Jacoby Brisset looked better in his first start than Tannehill.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
$72 million to a quarterback who can't score and who you don't trust on 3rd and 2 with a stacked LOS

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brain Curry posted:

Top three? rude

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
watching the Pats run the option last night reminded me a lot of back in '08 when Miami wheeled out the Wildcat and ran up the score on us

I'd like to think last night was a much-needed revenge hatefucking for that one

Nov 6, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

They have the four best. :smug:

efb

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Help us Eli, you're our only hope.

No. There is Another.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Alright.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This is the Football version of "Did you hear Hillary had another person killed", FYI.

It's so statistically improbable that it confirms what we've all suspected for years.

Billy Five Aces is just brazenly flouting the rules at this point. He has the answers to all of the tests for the semester and he refuses to purposefully answer a few of the questions incorrectly to make it seem less suspicious.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

No I mean does it matter who the other AFC East qbs are?

Like lets say the Pats are playing the Dolphins, but Edelman is announced the starter. What odds would you need to beat on the Dolphins?

In Gillette where they cut headsets and grease up all the jerseys and deflate the balls I would bet on the Pats.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Next week, the Pats starter will be one lucky Make-A-Wish kid.

7/9, 70 yards, 1TD by halftime.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

In Gillette where they cut headsets and grease up all the jerseys and deflate the balls I would bet on the Pats.

BoB is still our inside man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ehud posted:

It's so statistically improbable that it confirms what we've all suspected for years.

Billy Five Aces is just brazenly flouting the rules at this point. He has the answers to all of the tests for the semester and he refuses to purposefully answer a few of the questions incorrectly to make it seem less suspicious.

I will admit, in that pair of DPIs that got called on the Texans, the first one was blatant OPI.

• Locked thread