Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlen
Oct 4, 2013
Thank you. I sent an application for SMORBOLL, my user name is the same as my forum name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i'm hopping out of the main guild, haven't been as absorbed in phone games as much lately so better off freeing it for someone more active.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Harlen posted:

Thank you. I sent an application for SMORBOLL, my user name is the same as my forum name.

Got you in.

Harlen
Oct 4, 2013
Thank you.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Ratzap posted:

Got you in.

:respek:

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Applied to SMORBOLL as Xobraix

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Pulled a heretic ring which is a flat 5% per level damage boost to aesir

I think the game is telling me to slap every single heimdall I come across in arena

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Hungry for Apples?

One thing I've noticed since passing level 40 is connect fights timing out. People start a 5 star connect but have too little DPS (or low DPS joins). If the final battle starts with less then 2 minutes left they seem to fail. It's much safer doing the 4 star version for tokens.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, at level 47 I still just do 3* and 4* for tokens. 5* I can usually complete but if I join one, it's a toss-up between just getting 30 connect tokens (meh) or getting that + like 30 boss tokens. Meanwhile it takes a lot more time and I can't auto through it.

My advice (in general, not to you specifically Ratzap) is not to do 5* until you are a higher level/have a more powered up team. If you join a 5* and see some like, level 42 hosting it, just leave. Aegir is particularly bad right now though, because like Ratzap mentioned she just takes forever to take down. I was in a group with two 50s and myself (46 at the time) and we made it with like a minute to spare. Normally for other bosses it's a lot faster.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Yeah I only did 5* once to unlock the mission diamonds. Between connects crashing and poor DPS it's not worth the hassle for me. I got a tentaclemail (kind of something you'd expect in a cliche anime but I digress) and the soul so I can just do them when I'm out of stam now.

Those new level up packages looked nice though so I got the ones I was able to. The stamina alone is great and will let me purple a handful more of my decent heroes.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Getting back into the game, applied to STOMBOLL.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I finally beat Surtr and the main story. All that's left is to purple my guys and grind those hero tokens...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

boy are my arms tired posted:

I finally beat Surtr and the main story. All that's left is to purple my guys and grind those hero tokens...

What's the last chapter?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

pixaal posted:

What's the last chapter?

Chapter 20; the big bad boss of 20-5 is Surtr, and its just him. The problem is beating him in the time alloted, since he has a very fat health bar.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is there some way to check transactions? Over the last few days I've been losing 100-200 gems at a time when I log in and I have no idea how since I'm not buying anything. I want to make sure I'm not clicking on something accidentally but I'm not noticing any benefits from a purchase anywhere.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

There's nothing that should be draining your diamonds but I don't think there's any list of diamond purchases either. I'd make extra sure you're not spending on stuff like:
- buying orbs etc with diamonds instead of mana at the trader
- rushing timers, like arena, onslaught chests or onslaught hero refresh
- trying to do a quest while not having enough stamina and buying a stamina refill

I'd suggest contacting their support and asking them if they have a list of most recent transactions or if they could tell you where your diamonds went. I've never contacted ATeam's support so I have no idea how helpful they'll be but it can't hurt to try.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Clocks posted:

There's nothing that should be draining your diamonds but I don't think there's any list of diamond purchases either. I'd make extra sure you're not spending on stuff like:
- buying orbs etc with diamonds instead of mana at the trader
- rushing timers, like arena, onslaught chests or onslaught hero refresh
- trying to do a quest while not having enough stamina and buying a stamina refill

I'd suggest contacting their support and asking them if they have a list of most recent transactions or if they could tell you where your diamonds went. I've never contacted ATeam's support so I have no idea how helpful they'll be but it can't hurt to try.

Thanks, I figure it's the first one since that's easy to mistakenly hit. It's just weird it's happened several times in the last few days but I figure it's me and I'd like to know what I'm doing.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

boy are my arms tired posted:

Chapter 20; the big bad boss of 20-5 is Surtr, and its just him. The problem is beating him in the time alloted, since he has a very fat health bar.

I saw your post and it urged me on to finish the available story too. I failed Surtr first try with literally 1 second left. I used a Thor merc and my best heavy hitters for the next try and had 23s left when I killed him.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I used an Odin merc, but yeah he took me a while to beat, though I was only 39 at the time.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Applied to smorboll as cory

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Applied to smorbol as Akiosan.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Applied to smorbol as stratego

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Ateam seem to be quite smart about cashing in. Resetting the first time buy bonus is likely to net them a load of cash again (I know I'm sorely tempted once more but I'll probably hold off till next month).

I stopped doing the Onslaught at floor 116, with a 20% stat bonus on top of the huge team gap it's just not worth the effort. It'll be back again soon enough.

BTW, Smorbol still has one space.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Ateam seem to be quite smart about cashing in. Resetting the first time buy bonus is likely to net them a load of cash again (I know I'm sorely tempted once more but I'll probably hold off till next month).

I stopped doing the Onslaught at floor 116, with a 20% stat bonus on top of the huge team gap it's just not worth the effort. It'll be back again soon enough.
It's crazy because just a few days ago I was idly thinking about how they could make a bunch of money by resetting the first-buy bonus and that's exactly what they ended up doing. It gets general whales who had bought it before to buy it again after, and anyone who is only sort-of whale to consider spending more than they normally would. For what it's worth the first-buy bonuses tend to be a good deal.

I stopped around 140 or 141 I think. I lost my mojo when like, my latest three resets netted me no chests. Before that I would get on average one ruby chest and those were allowing me to work towards 10k tokens for extra gear. Tomorrow there is maintenance for "campaign preparations" so I think they will be opening chapters 21 & 22 soon.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ugh I won't be able to get the First Timer Reset stuff until later in February. rip

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Painstaking Thor merc use got me to 123. I even blew crystals on a reset because I really wanted the Valhalla sword, no dice though. I did end up buying a second set of Aesir tears, but I'm less than enthused with them. I see them work OK sometimes, but all too often it seems like either a bunch of units hit at once or maybe multihit abilities bull through its effect, because usually the unit using it dies and stays dead. Maybe if I upgrade the skill a little more they'll do better

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Painstaking Thor merc use got me to 123. I even blew crystals on a reset because I really wanted the Valhalla sword, no dice though. I did end up buying a second set of Aesir tears, but I'm less than enthused with them. I see them work OK sometimes, but all too often it seems like either a bunch of units hit at once or maybe multihit abilities bull through its effect, because usually the unit using it dies and stays dead. Maybe if I upgrade the skill a little more they'll do better

I got mine to skill level 3 and it's done a good job twice in the arena that I've seen. Heim should be dead but isn't, pops another GP and my lot cream the other team.

I'm done with the 3* special pulls too now. It gave me 4 Blast sp X for the cannon girl in 2 pulls - hello 5* cannon. Pew pew ensues.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I assume this 50% off pull is worth it, but are the New Year skins worth getting?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

pixaal posted:

I assume this 50% off pull is worth it, but are the New Year skins worth getting?

I think the 1500 diamond summon is a pretty good deal, yeah. The holiday versions of the units are not that spectacular. They're just not loads better than what's already out there and holiday units have two drawbacks:
- they can't equip their special equip (for instance Mochi God Thor can't equip Mjolnir), which is too bad because those are typically the strongest equips a character can have
- unless you are a mega-whale and willing to blow tons of money doing these pulls over and over (or get spectacularly lucky I suppose), they take forever to rank up through hero quests

Like, Vali isn't bad but most people probably already have a bunch of other ranged units they are much farther ahead in equipping/orbing/ranking (Canon, Wolfgang, Matisse, Ranco, whoever) that are just as good. And Mochi God Thor is just a really strong single target, so he'll probably be good at certain connects and he can fill some arena niches but he's not really something people should try hard to get.

Here were my pulls, just for fun:

The first pull was pretty good, the rest were underwhelming.

If people are willing to spend money, you can get Mani soul crystals (and even her X equipment) by spending $1 and/or $10, which imo isn't a bad deal, but I am also a phone p2w bitch so YMMV.

What else... oh yeah, four times a day, we will get either stamina or diamonds in our mail box that expires within an hour. This happens at 2am/pm and 8am/pm PST, 5am/pm and 11am/pm EST.
Connects are kind of challenging. So are the new story chapters. And player level raised to 55. Dangit, I was 48, excited to hit 50. Guess I'll just have to keep progressing. :3:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Clocks posted:

What else... oh yeah, four times a day, we will get either stamina or diamonds in our mail box that expires within an hour. This happens at 2am/pm and 8am/pm PST, 5am/pm and 11am/pm EST.
Connects are kind of challenging. So are the new story chapters. And player level raised to 55. Dangit, I was 48, excited to hit 50. Guess I'll just have to keep progressing. :3:

This is great news. I'm probably gonna toss $50 or so bucks to this game, I've been playing f2p for several months now (minus the $3 stamina thing for the month)

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Can someone explain this to me? I also tried unequipping.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 28, 2017

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

One of them is the X version. Should equip both at once.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Gah, reading is hard! Thank you.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
For those not in Smorbol (or not reading guild chat), Clocks mentioned a very important point. Hrungnir 3* and up heals from ATK damage.

I've been in 2 5* versions today alone with teams using Heimdall/Thor etc where you can see the red bar going back up. I beat one 4* where I did 4 times the damage of the other teams with ATK heroes - the damage calculation seems to add the heals back to your running total as a negative number.

Anyway, thanks Clocks, without the message in guild I would have been pretty surprised by the failures.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Can someone explain this to me? I also tried unequipping.

Also, because i had this problem for a bit, when fusing a weapon that is equipped, make sure you select that one to upgrade rather than the new one. For whatever reason, even if both items are the same and the same level, you must use the unequipped item as the fuel.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

:siren: It's Star Party time! :siren:

Pull everything! Or don't, because there'll be a part II!

I pulled twice for Luca and Odin and got nothing. :eng99:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

:siren: It's Star Party time! :siren:

Pull everything! Or don't, because there'll be a part II!

I pulled twice for Luca and Odin and got nothing. :eng99:

I whaled it up a fair bit. No Odin but I got Luca (to 4 stars), 5 star'd a bunch of my others and even got a 10 pack of Skadi's. It gave me the X version of Odins weapon but no Odin, bloody tease.

The blacksmith is full (and I already maxed the storage) so over the next few days I'll get things reforged and fused up.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Just applied to smorboll as Niku.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I got a Luca but no-one else. I got like 20 Baldrs :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Finally polished off my Vidofnir, now I can actually use him...kind of. Still need to 4* him

I don't even care how useful he is, looks cool

• Locked thread