Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Ammanas posted:

This super bowl is gonna own friend. Every pats SB has been really great. The only concern is nerves jangle Matt Ryan and he shits all over himself

ICeman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Guess the receivers this week:

code:
REC	         YDS	AVG	TD	LONG	TGTS
   9	         180	20.0	 2	  39	 12
   9	         180	20.0	 2	  73	 12

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Welp, guess I won't be watching this Super Bowl. Call me when Brady retires or is crippled.

Good gently caress you

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
JORDAN NELSON AND ANTHONY BROWN

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's Julio Jones and Chris Hogan, the two best WRs in the NFL

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Wow dude way to show me up in front of all the chicks at football trivia night.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is painfully wrong.

I hate the Patriots because I find them boring as gently caress at this point but this is actually true as poo poo, every Pats Super Bowl in the Brady era has been a good game. Competitive, tense, exciting, crazy/wild finishes, the Pats do Super Bowls well. I mean every single one has been memorable

Pats over Rams. They hold the greatest show on turf to nothing and drive the field for the upset
Pats Panthers was a crazy weird game where nobody would score for a quarter and then both teams would explode and trade scores, another last minute drive to win it, also Janet Jackson's boob
Pats Eagles was a little less thrilling but still close up to the end when the Eagles were still very much in it also Donovan puked
Pats Giants was loving 18-1 and even with low scores was incredibly tense because of how heavy that undefeated season weighed. Plus, Helmet Catch and Plaxico TD gamewinners
Pats Giants 2 had less storyline drama going on but still had kickass catches and a late game winning drive by Eli, including the funniest SB winning TD ever, Bradshaw plopping into the endzone, also dramatic Welker drop and Gisele comment
Pats Seahawks started to get away from the Pats but they fought back to make a game and then crazy rear end RW bullshit is negated by hilarious pick

Pats make for fun Super Bowls. They are so boring most of the time, but they do Super Bowls well.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I don't want an exciting Super Bowl, because as always I am rooting for a Marshall situation where Matt Ryan gets to pass for 600 yards on literal scrubs.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Just PMd Radium to ask if this can be the new background

King Hong Kong posted:

In retrospect, I regret being happy about the outcome of Super Bowl XLIX. The Patriots are now and forever the common enemy of mankind.

You've come late but I'm glad you got it

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 23, 2017

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I feel hollow. Empty. Oh The Patriots are going to the SB again. Great. I guess?

They win too much to feel proud of it anymore.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
#RISEUP MOTHERFUCKERS

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hell yes, Patriots bitch.

Let's do this

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

I feel hollow. Empty. Oh The Patriots are going to the SB again. Great. I guess?

They win too much to feel proud of it anymore.

My thoughts exactly

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

#notmysuperbowl

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
If Brady wins do you think he finally retires or gets greedy?

*looks at season stats*

Oh, well yeah

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
It's been 18 years since I have had confidence in the Atlanta Falcons so I expect one of two things to happen: they absolutely shithouse the Patriots, or Keanu Neal gets arrested for soliciting an undercover police officer the night before the game and they fall apart.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Didn't the Falcons almost lose to Matt McGloin? Or was it the third-string guy at that point.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

"It'll be something that definitely I'll remember for the rest of my career and probably for the rest of my life," Hogan said. "Someone told me that this was going to be a game that you'll look back on 30 years from now and you'll remember exactly what happened."

Why are people playing mean jokes on Chris Hogan?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chromatic posted:

If Brady wins do you think he finally retires or gets greedy?

*looks at season stats*

Oh, well yeah

Greedy? In that he wants more money? Highly unlikely - My bet would be that he would play for the veterans minimum if Belichick guaranteed him that he would stay the starter and not get traded.

Retires? No way in hell. I think he enjoys football more today than he did in 2004 because he gets to share the joy of winning with his kids who now start to grasp the greatness of their dad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Febreeze posted:

Pats Giants 2 had less storyline drama going on but still had kickass catches and a late game winning drive by Eli, including the funniest SB winning TD ever, Bradshaw plopping into the endzone, also dramatic Welker drop and Gisele comment

not so much a welker drop as brady misthrowing it. guy was wide open he should've hit him directly in the numbers (and it would've iced the game).

both "one more" and "rise up" are terrible. do your job was the best they shoulda just reused it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Did Sportscenter basically fellate the Pats while barely talking about the Falcons?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

GaussianCopula posted:

Greedy? In that he wants more money?

No, in that he now has more rings than any other QB but wants more and a cushion to potentially guarantee no one ever catches up

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Did Sportscenter basically fellate the Pats while barely talking about the Falcons?

when the falcons do better than 11-5 they can be fellated.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Chromatic posted:

No, in that he now has more rings than any other QB but wants more and a cushion to potentially guarantee no one ever catches up

I want Goodell to rename the championship trophy if brady-bellichick win 6 championships. The Brady Belichick trophy because they are truly the greatest already. Montana Walsh could be a close 2nd.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chromatic posted:

He probably wants another 5 rings if he wins this season.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

Greedy? In that he wants more money? Highly unlikely - My bet would be that he would play for the veterans minimum if Belichick guaranteed him that he would stay the starter and not get traded.

Retires? No way in hell. I think he enjoys football more today than he did in 2004 because he gets to share the joy of winning with his kids who now start to grasp the greatness of their dad.

lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bellmaker posted:

Didn't the Falcons almost lose to Matt McGloin? Or was it the third-string guy at that point.

The Falcons played the Raiders in week 2 with everyone healthy and they were never not in complete control of that game. Unless you're talking about that game years ago when the Raiders almost beat the Falcons, and that was Carson Palmer.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Volkerball posted:

The Falcons played the Raiders in week 2 with everyone healthy and they were never not in complete control of that game. Unless you're talking about that game years ago when the Raiders almost beat the Falcons, and that was Carson Palmer.
Maybe he's thinking of Houston?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I'm eager to see who in the media "asks the question" about Brady and HGH first.

Earn your paycheck, Whitlock.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope the Falcons got one more game where they don't Falcon it up. I suspect Brady is going to score a lot of points and the pats defense will just hold the the Falcons all game uncalled, remember the crew we got for the superb owl. They don't see no holds or picks. Falcons only hope is Goodell tell them who should win and it better happen.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

:-\

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cash Monet posted:

I'm eager to see who in the media "asks the question" about Brady and HGH first.

Earn your paycheck, Whitlock.

He is probably on poo poo nobody has thought to ban yet honestly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Groovelord Neato posted:

not so much a welker drop as brady misthrowing it. guy was wide open he should've hit him directly in the numbers (and it would've iced the game).

both "one more" and "rise up" are terrible. do your job was the best they shoulda just reused it.

"Do your job" was authentic. Belichick has been preaching that mantra his whole career. "One More" is something the marketing department made up to sell merch.

Nov 6, 2002

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Do the Falcons play Cover 2 and 3? If so, lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

swickles posted:

I don't want an exciting Super Bowl, because as always I am rooting for a Marshall situation where Matt Ryan gets to pass for 600 yards on literal scrubs.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/823306058835824640

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
loving lame. I have to fly down to Alabama for work the night of the super bowl. Kickoff is at 5:30 and I have a 7:30 flight. Looks like I won't be watching any of this game. Go Falcons.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
“If this has taught us anything, it’s how important home-field advantage is,” Rodgers said. “We’ve played in three of these games, and they’ve all been on the road, and that’s just making it tough on yourself. Especially when the consequence is coming to a place like this, having to win here.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fishing with the fam posted:

loving lame. I have to fly down to Alabama for work the night of the super bowl. Kickoff is at 5:30 and I have a 7:30 flight. Looks like I won't be watching any of this game. Go Falcons.

I paid $7.99 to watch a meaningless TNF game on a flight this season. Buy overpriced plane beer, grab some pretzels and go to town.

• Locked thread