Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
e: nm indeed

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

e: nvm

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 1, 2017

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

I just can't stand Facebook anymore, do any of you suckers use Instagram or Twitter? I'd like to get some AI into my feed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

beep-beep car is go posted:

I just can't stand Facebook anymore, do any of you suckers use Instagram or Twitter? I'd like to get some AI into my feed.

Yes. Goaway.

E!: PM me for twitter

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 2, 2017

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KozmoNaut posted:

Fired, but it's not like I didn't see it coming.

7 months severance period with full pay, though.

i wouldnt call that fired. If you were FIRED fired, you wouldn't get the severance.

Good luck on the job hunt.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

cursedshitbox posted:

Yes. Goaway.

If you just saw a protected account jpitha follow you, that's me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I have Twitter but I don't use it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm on twitter too. @agox, but it's mostly me complaining about programmin'.

I tried to change it to @Agox last year, but Twitter has disallowed four letter usernames.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

beep-beep car is go posted:

Heeeeeell no. I block Twatter at the router and my is better for it

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

LloydDobler posted:

Did you also make him give back the $100? I guess at 9 he's old enough to know he stole it, and the value of it for the most part. If he was younger and didn't really understand what $100 was I'd say that was really harsh. Not judging, just curious.

It's funny, I've been very lucky - the worst punishment I think I've handed out to my daughter, ever, is like a mad/disappointed facial expression and no dessert for one night. To be fair she's a laid back kid and not mischievous at all, which means the next few years (she's 14) are going to probably be hell. I guess when she lost her $500 iphone I technically punished her but all I said was "the deductible is $100" and she paid it voluntarily.

Yes he had to give the money back. The chores are more of a "Hey we really should get you doing more chores and on a regular allowance, but the first few weeks are on you". The toys are also a "Holy crap we've been trying for three years to get your room under control." He literally has 100+ stuffed animals and gets tons of toys as gifts each year from a rather large family. There's lots of kids who don't have toys, let alone have so many they will never get a chance to play with them. So, he gets to choose what goes.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Safety Dance posted:

I'm on twitter too. @agox, but it's mostly me complaining about programmin'.

I tried to change it to @Agox last year, but Twitter has disallowed four letter usernames.

Do you get people trying to hack you or anything for your short twitter handle? I seem to recall a writer for a pc magazine got hacked for his twitter handle a few years ago.

https://medium.com/@N/how-i-lost-my-50-000-twitter-username-24eb09e026dd#.kqn0in67e

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Coredump posted:

Do you get people trying to hack you or anything for your short twitter handle? I seem to recall a writer for a pc magazine got hacked for his twitter handle a few years ago.

https://medium.com/@N/how-i-lost-my-50-000-twitter-username-24eb09e026dd#.kqn0in67e

I don't know what people expect to do with a stolen twitter/FB/email. Someone has been trying to steal my gmail account for like a decade now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a four letter twitter account is legit worth mad cash so you should sell that and buy yourself something nice

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Coredump posted:

I had my twitter account hacked once, but I think it was just a driveby hacking using credentials lifted from some other site for spamming. Twitter shut it down after two tweets. I've since enabled 2fa with them and stopped reusing passwords.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slurry_curry posted:

^^ the worst is when something gets shipped via FedEx, then they hand it off to USPS for delivery and it mysteriously disappears for a week.

Exactly this. I dread seeing that. I don't understand how FedEx isn't getting tons of complaints about them using USPS as last mile. It's not working well where I am.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In December my father told me he might have cancer. In January my friend was violently murdered. In February my girlfriend's father is most certainly going to lose his battle with cancer. Just today one of my favorite couples that shop where I work told me they lost their baby at 6 months into the pregnancy.

Call your friends, go see your families. Make sure everyone you love knows you love them.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I have a twitter but don't even have the app installed and never use it. Think I'm @hellafunctional there. I'm jamalspec on instagram, that I use a lot but it doesn't have very much car stuff these days.

Darchangel posted:

Exactly this. I dread seeing that. I don't understand how FedEx isn't getting tons of complaints about them using USPS as last mile. It's not working well where I am.

That's called fedex smartpost. It's cheaper, but I don't like to use it. I let wholesale distributors do most of the shipping for me and they are really good. It is rare that stuff shows up a day after I say it will. Plus there are three throughout the country I use so most stuff is 2-3 days with regular ground shipping and all comes from the same place at the same time whenever possible.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

e: nm indeed
Stop talking about me.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Conan Exiles has an 'endowment' slider and genital physics

I can't stop laughing at the clips. Obviously :nws:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
ahahahaha thats awesome.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i was watching a streamer play and he took his top off in exchange for food right as my boss walked behind me

i didnt know there was nudity until that happened

luckily my boss didnt see

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm Elmnt80 on instagram. Go nuts, its mostly pics from car shows and the like. I'm kinda liking how personal it seems with a few musicians and other artists personally responding to fans. Watching shitheads get called out by the famous person they are poo poo talking will never not be funny.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
you can tweet me @turborotor13b if it pleases you

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

In December my father told me he might have cancer. In January my friend was violently murdered. In February my girlfriend's father is most certainly going to lose his battle with cancer. Just today one of my favorite couples that shop where I work told me they lost their baby at 6 months into the pregnancy.

Call your friends, go see your families. Make sure everyone you love knows you love them.

poo poo, you've had a rough couple of months.

Are you okay?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

40 minutes trying to tidy my garage and it still looks like drunken hobos had a gang fight in here. Then I got thirsty and I'm drinking canned cider midweek trying to do "woodwork".

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

In order to make Facebook more bearable I have recently taken to hiding new organizations (liberal and conservative and everything else) and stupid 'community' type pages from showing up on my feed. It's a better option than blocking or hiding friends. The 'see less from X friend' never works. If I see a stupid post I just hide that post so it doesn't show up in my feed again and I can go on not judging people for saying dumb things.

It's not perfect but it's working better and the only thing keeping me on Facebook

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

In order to make Facebook more bearable I have recently taken to hiding new organizations (liberal and conservative and everything else) and stupid 'community' type pages from showing up on my feed. It's a better option than blocking or hiding friends. The 'see less from X friend' never works. If I see a stupid post I just hide that post so it doesn't show up in my feed again and I can go on not judging people for saying dumb things.

It's not perfect but it's working better and the only thing keeping me on Facebook

You should link videos of the Conan cock n' balls on Facebook.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

poo poo, you've had a rough couple of months.

Are you okay?

I shockingly well. Monday I woke up feeling like myself for the first time in two weeks. Yesterday wasn't the worst day but my customers telling me about their lost baby made me a weepy mess. My no-father-in-law hates me but what this is going to do to my girl is already hurting. Both her parents will be gone.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I should try this but that wouldn't keep me from getting sucked into debates with libertarians who argue things like "all subsidies are bad" and "you shouldn't take action because it only begets more action."
:psypop:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I tend not to engage much, helped by not havign that many fuckwits on my friends list, and the bad ones on a "show nothing from this person" tab.

Saying that, did have someone doing the "Waaaah, they're charging more for the version of this product aimed at women!" nonsense today. No they loving aren't, those are two different products, here, have a link showing the identical pricing of the actual comparable products. :rolleyes:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

I tend not to engage much, helped by not havign that many fuckwits on my friends list, and the bad ones on a "show nothing from this person" tab.

Saying that, did have someone doing the "Waaaah, they're charging more for the version of this product aimed at women!" nonsense today. No they loving aren't, those are two different products, here, have a link showing the identical pricing of the actual comparable products. :rolleyes:
If that product is "a haircut" they're definitely on to something.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

scuz posted:

If that product is "a haircut" they're definitely on to something.
My barber'll happily slap you with my No.3 buzz for the same price I pay, regardless.

No, it was painkillers, they have some that are labelled as being for "period pain" that are exactly the same thing as the general ones, only in a different box.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

My barber'll happily slap you with my No.3 buzz for the same price I pay, regardless.

No, it was painkillers, they have some that are labelled as being for "period pain" that are exactly the same thing as the general ones, only in a different box.
That's usually what I do myself :buddy: No.2 for the summers, though. My girlfriend was fed up with paying the salon $60 for a haircut that she started doing it herself using the Wahl buzzer I bought ~12 years ago for $20.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

scuz posted:

That's usually what I do myself :buddy: No.2 for the summers, though. My girlfriend was fed up with paying the salon $60 for a haircut that she started doing it herself using the Wahl buzzer I bought ~12 years ago for $20.
TBH the problem is they've worked out how to sell hairdressing as a luxury good/premium service, priced accordingly. Can't blame them for it, but always seems a bit ridiculous to me. More so the further my hairline recedes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
A good hairdresser / barber is worth it if you find one who does a good after cut head massage

edit : I probably could just go for a good massage right now

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A good hairdresser / barber is worth it if you find one who does a good after cut head massage

edit : I probably could just go for a good massage right now

Only time I ever got one of those was when I was deployed

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

InitialDave posted:

TBH the problem is they've worked out how to sell hairdressing as a luxury good/premium service, priced accordingly. Can't blame them for it, but always seems a bit ridiculous to me. More so the further my hairline recedes.

I always think of shampoo commercials when these complaints come up--i dont think i remember seeing any men's shampoo commercials in my entire life except for ones that remove dandruff. But women's shampoo? commercials every single day, billboards, you name it.

marketing is probably the single biggest driver of how much these products are priced at

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BraveUlysses posted:

marketing is probably the single biggest driver of how much these products are priced at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swKKZy0CCM

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Someone just called about my loving truck that's for sale and asked if it was $700 or $7000. This winter is killing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Rebuild valve lifters or buy new ones?

Also: Aluminum or Tri-Metal connecting rod bearings?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 2, 2017

• Locked thread