Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I resign my position already because I know I'm going to get hosed and I don't like reporting dudes you're on your own Kuroyama sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I resign my position already because I know I'm going to get hosed and I don't like reporting dudes you're on your own Kuroyama sorry

It'll be fine. I know where the line is.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
good luck kobald buddy

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I can't defend the indefensible because of hte army values

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also reporting people is like blue falcon as gently caress and I don't want to be that blue falcon so FLY AWAY TROLL

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I can't defend the indefensible because of hte army values

tbf integrity and personal courage and all of the other values are pretty much afterthoughts to loyalty, which can best be expressed by "don't you do anything that's going to gently caress up my eval"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also selfless service which means "DO WHAT I WANT YOU BITCH"

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I might be the weeaboo of GiP, but I bet it's because I'm also on the younger end of the GiP age-range, and was still a kid when the big anime boom of the early 2000s hit.

You should be considering me the harbinger of things to come, because there will be more.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Kuroyamamama you got spunk kid but posts godzillas adn poo poo if you wan tto go all jappo on us i'll show you my s.h. monsterarts if you do

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also ultra man and poo poo but when its weird cat girl poo poo and all that weirdo cartoon poo poo lik eC'MON at least do transformers with the peterbilt truck poo poo if you gotta do cartoons

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kuroyamamama you got spunk kid but posts godzillas adn poo poo if you wan tto go all jappo on us i'll show you my s.h. monsterarts if you do
Have a Gundam I built.

also ultra man and poo poo but when its weird cat girl poo poo and all that weirdo cartoon poo poo lik eC'MON at least do transformers with the peterbilt truck poo poo if you gotta do cartoons
And it can transform.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
RIP

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pretend i posted that vid of the guy talkin about a vampire biting the end of his dick again

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pretend i posted that vid of the guy talkin about a vampire biting the end of his dick again

i wont lie that kind of owned, was that legit the translation?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Anime is really bad

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The only anime I have watched fully was the original Ghost in teh Shell, Akira and like 3-4 episodes of robotech. i don't feel to ashamed by that but hell i don't post gifs about them every 3 minutes either because they changed my life and now i'm an otaku or what the gently caress ever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Anime is really bad

It is.

But I can appreciate model building, because I have wasted far more time on jigsaw puzzles. So the gundam models, I'm oddly cool with. It's at least a couple of steps up from the brony garbage and cosplayers. A productive, quiet way for nerds to pass the time.

And didn't some city in Japan build a Gundam statue? I mean, we almost got Robocop in Detroit, they actually have their anthropomorphized robots memorialized, we can't even convince Detroit to put up a legit tourist attraction and half of the reason anyone cares about their city anymore.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Model building is fine. I have hundreds of hours poured into Kerbal Space Program. I won't judge a fellow a nerd- but anime is super duper bad. Especially with guys our age or older.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i wont lie that kind of owned, was that legit the translation?

never seen the actual anime, just that clip. some dude in the youtube comments said the actual poo poo in japanese was about the nature of vampires or some lame poo poo, so pro move by the dubbers i guess

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

And didn't some city in Japan build a Gundam statue? I mean, we almost got Robocop in Detroit, they actually have their anthropomorphized robots memorialized, we can't even convince Detroit to put up a legit tourist attraction and half of the reason anyone cares about their city anymore.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJTGLL2SnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u8mheM2Hrg

I don't like gundam but the idea of giant fuckoff robots smashing the poo poo out of each other owns so I cannot wait for whenever this happens. (it looks like they blew the date or something, because I don't think they fought)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahtjHY9xsDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfT7uMdB5Rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnZLpwTIhgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxNSu6DoKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHfv7xa758

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 13, 2017

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Kuroyama posted:

I might be the weeaboo of GiP, but I bet it's because I'm also on the younger end of the GiP age-range, and was still a kid when the big anime boom of the early 2000s hit.

You should be considering me the harbinger of things to come, because there will be more.

Your sins are nothing compared to mine as far as GiP is likely concerned.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys forgive me but when I was young (like starting in fifth grade and going into my high school years) I was an anime toucher. Eventually I beat myself up mentally about being such a loving nerd most of my life and self hating and shaming for being a nerd that I grew out of it. I haven't watched poo poo in forever because what drew me in back then was akira and sci-fi poo poo like that. Like no poo poo, I self shamed and beat myself up to stop being as much of a dork as I was, then learned how to socialize and be friends with people other than dorks. Then I joined the loving infantry and somehow survived. Now I'm the broken man with a lumberjack beard you see today! I'm still a huge loving nerd at heart and I do a lot of nerdy poo poo but FUUUUCCCCKKKKKNOOO do I not watch anime it's all loving weirdo 100% schoolgirl bullshit now. Like seriously I love my nerd poo poo but I was proud of myself that I curbed or outright destroyed most of my cringeworthy habits and learned to be a sociable person. And then there's the fat smelly weirdos who are still jacking off to anime figurines to this day.

On the topic of flights I'm chat personally my first sim was EF2000 by DiD and F-22 lightning III by novalogic I think. If x-wing and TIE fighter count then those were my first.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So uh yeah I'm not allowed to throw out longer probations but the big guy is

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I don't know why I keep reading this thread.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You use the words "dungeon of shame" in a thread title and people use it to talk about wrestling the one armed baby to fuckin amine cartoons

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FYI to the anime touchers about the company you keep

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/689692099009097729

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I can't even begin to conceive of the beginning of the crazy gently caress rabbit hole logic that ends with that statement.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Can someone punch this idiot again?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Godholio posted:

Can someone punch this idiot again?

no you can't do that because reasons :ohdear:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Check the OP, nazi-punching is actually restricted to this thread! Punch away!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeris posted:

Check the OP, nazi-punching is actually restricted to this thread! Punch away!

https://twitter.com/donswaynos/status/822806687207870464

:regd08:

E: can we punch anime too?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

punch all the anime touchers and anime.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i touched anime once so i'm not exempt.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Punch away, just make it clear you're punching and not, like, caressing or whatever

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The only anime I've watched more than a few minutes in passing on late night, is one punch man.

Basically the show just makes fun of all the animes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yes, punching the anime. Gonna add that to the pile of Choking the Chicken euphemisms.

I'm getting flashbacks of going to the CAMSwhore crew chief who was on light duty for a leg injury. He always had an RBVY wallpaper, but it would change to a different girl every week. I had to go to that dude and get on his workstation to look up part numbers on TOs.

The only small talk I engaged in was "isn't that the thing Rooster Teeth did after Red vs Blue? "

From that point forward I was the only supply guy he limped his rear end over to drop off MICAP forms. The mistakes of SrA KirbyKhan.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

this just in: anime anecdotes qualify as anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
So much for the tolerant left

• Locked thread