Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Broose posted:

Strawhat is a good group of commentators. They have nice chemistry and are actually not annoying to listen to, a rarer trait.

This is a good LP. My only wish is that I didn't see this until much much later. Now I gotta wait for videos to come out and can't binge watch the game.

Also, what was the shiny object under the tree with the korok?

Master Sword. Thorn is gonna be piiiiiiiiiissssssed when he realizes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Master Sword. Thorn is gonna be piiiiiiiiiissssssed when he realizes that.

That Korok is going to grab that thing up so fast and take matters into his own hand... er, branches.

Another Korok is definitely hiding the giant gear and keeping it for itself.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

MeccaPrime posted:

That Korok is going to grab that thing up so fast and take matters into his own hand... er, branches.

Another Korok is definitely hiding the giant gear and keeping it for itself.

Yahaha! My destiny!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yahaha! I found it!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yahaha-ergizzlelbergll! - A Korok hitting an electric chu with the Master Sword.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Legend of Korok: Breath of the Wild.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

ousire posted:

Legend of Korok: Breath of the Wild. Branch of the Willow

ftfy

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Forgot to set this to public earlier today due to being heavily distracted by a certain season premiere. Either way, we're off the plateau and exploring Hyrule's vast bounty of things to kill and collect.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ugh, your videos always make me want to get back into the game, and I can't right now because all of my consoles are in boxes in a warehouse a thousand miles away. drat you Thornbrain!

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Omnicrom posted:

I can't right now because all of my consoles are in boxes in a warehouse a thousand miles away.

Just use Magnesis on them

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
One of the most important lessons in this game for me is that cows and buffalo are a losers game, the real source of premium BBQ fodder are the wolves and coyotes beyond Hyrule field.

They are so thoughtful about bunching up to bomb them all at once, too.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For some reason, Bokoblins look more like what I would think a Moblin would look like.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I liked that Korok variety on the big bridge. One arrow gimmick, one just in the fountain at the midway, one with that ridiculous carny game-esque thing to toss rocks into, and then the absolutely insane one where you spider-man around the underside of the place.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

If you can't find a rock for those Obvious Korok Puzzles, use Stasis! Moveable rocks will be highlighted in yellow.

Also for that Shrine, I shot a Bomb Arrow at the blocks on the ceiling.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

By request, I stumble blindly into the pits of Guardian territory.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 22, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Please tell me you can register the Stalhorse at the stable.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

Shei-kun posted:

Please tell me you can register the Stalhorse at the stable.

Maaayybeee. . .

No, you cannot. But you can bring a lot of different animals to the stable and they all have different reactions! For Stalhorses, they freak out and say something like "Wait, that's not a horse! That's a MONSTER!".

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
What do you call an evil king who puts you to sleep?

A Ganonsnore.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
These puns are such as a Ganonchore

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

In light of your correction on the birds being herons, I say you get yourself a "NO EGRETS" tattoo

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Notably, you can also change the element of chu jelly by just whacking it with an elemental weapon. The chu doesn't have to be alive. Whenever I need a different type, I just drop a bunch of the blue jelly in my inventory on the ground and attack it with fire/ice/electricity until I've got a sufficient amount of the correct kind.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
In between the resurrected-by-technology thing and all the baby food, my headganon is now that Link is a Robocop.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

By request, I stumble blindly into the pits of Guardian territory.

I hope you found lightning arrows!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
If Ganon decided that the entrance to the Golden Land was buried deep underground and started a massive digging operation to get there, would he be a Ganondorf?

I'll show myself out.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Ease of dismemberment is always why I love to keep at least one ancient weapons handy :allears: Even if you have a weapon the does like, four times the damage and can even cut off their legs in two swings, can't beat chopping them off in ONE swing for on demand stuns.

I've lost track of how often when using stronger swords that can chop their legs off in two swings, they would back off or I'd just miss their hitbox. And now you have a guardian charging it's laser while moving away from you at full speed on two legs and no I'm not wasting an arrow to stun you get back here :argh:

KieranWalker posted:

Notably, you can also change the element of chu jelly by just whacking it with an elemental weapon. The chu doesn't have to be alive. Whenever I need a different type, I just drop a bunch of the blue jelly in my inventory on the ground and attack it with fire/ice/electricity until I've got a sufficient amount of the correct kind.
Don't be like me and dump so many chu on the ground you lose most of them from despawning, and then blowing up half the remains :downs: At least, not when you only have barley enough chu jelly to upgrade the equipment you want if you can convert 90% of it.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 23, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Section Z posted:

Ease of dismemberment is always why I love to keep at least one ancient weapons handy :allears: Even if you have a weapon the does like, four times the damage and can even cut off their legs in two swings, can't beat chopping them off in ONE swing for on demand stuns.

I've lost track of how often when using stronger swords that can chop their legs off in two swings, they would back off or I'd just miss their hitbox. And now you have a guardian charging it's laser while moving away from you at full speed on two legs and no I'm not wasting an arrow to stun you get back here :argh:

Don't be like me and dump so many chu on the ground you lose most of them from despawning, and then blowing up half the remains :downs: At least, not when you only have barley enough chu jelly to upgrade the equipment you want if you can convert 90% of it.

So guardian weapons just one-shot the legs no matter the strength?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bruceski posted:

So guardian weapons just one-shot the legs no matter the strength?

Yup. While as the game goes on it is much easier to get nice weapons than it is getting your hands on upscaled guardian stuff. Even a little baby low damage guardian sword will chop those legs off in one shot.

I loving love details like that. Guardian weapons have less durability than other stuff, but it gives even the most basic guardian weapons a nice convenient niche all game even when you have a backpack full of chromed out swords with several affix effects. It's also saved my rear end when my only strong weapon on me at the time unexpectedly went kaput in the middle of fighting multiple guardians.

It's also the quirks like that which made me not mind the durability system (so long as you actually know how to upgrade your inventory rather than realize you missed it 10 hours later :v:). Keeping a hammer on you so you can break 30 rocks instead of 5 of em, etc... If not for the last step of enemy pallet swaps crossing the line into annoying meatwall territory. I 180 from being just fine with the durability system, to rolling my eyes at it for those fucks.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 23, 2017

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
I know it was only briefly shown, so I won't go into details, but I 100% agree that Lynels are harder than overworld bosses. That said, Lynels are also infinitely more satisfying to absolutely no-sell with perfect dodges, and if you can git gud and pull those off reliably, they're... Not too difficult to down.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, where'd you pick up an edge of duality from?

Amazing, six parts in and I'm already forgetting stuff!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
One of the shrines.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, where'd you pick up an edge of duality from?

Amazing, six parts in and I'm already forgetting stuff!

They actually grabbed it this episode, out of that shrine of power.

Seems like the guardian weapons were actually more useful loot, though, but it makes sense. Only giant robot can cut giant robot.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Glazius posted:

They actually grabbed it this episode, out of that shrine of power.

Seems like the guardian weapons were actually more useful loot, though, but it makes sense. Only giant robot can cut giant robot.

This is demonstrably true, if you're good with parrying.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Love that one idiot in the comments who keeps posting the same thing in every video. If he keeps doing this you might have to block him or whatever.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Preview picture is rib kid in videogame form.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

VolticSurge posted:

Love that one idiot in the comments who keeps posting the same thing in every video. If he keeps doing this you might have to block him or whatever.

I have. There are multiple spam accounts.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Guardians and hellfire. Just another day in gut-punch town.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

As far as climbing during the rain is concerned, I've had some success with climbing 4 or 5 handholds and then jumping. I mean, you immediately slide down, like you'd expect, but you get a lot further than you would simply climbing or jumping by itself.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
As far as I know, perfect parrying a laser will not damage a shield. Anything less than a perfect parry, though, will probably straight up break the shield.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

One of the main reasons people think the blood moon is their glitch correction response is because if you leave the game on for an extended period of time (just putting it to sleep rather than turning the system off) you'll start getting repeated blood moons at any time of day. Which sounds like some memory leak overflow thing. Also the moon in general makes sense as a memory cleanup device.

E: and the music in the castle rules all sorts of things. It borrows leitmotifs from something like 5 or 6 classic themes.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Major test of strength weapon durability.

It's nice to see somebody with the same success ratio as I have for perfect dodge fishing.

• Locked thread