Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Imagine going to Universal Studios and having to spend hours watching TNA.

And maybe getting brained with a stick

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/883110495326175232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just like TNA to get sued a week into rebranding

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

I got injured at a tna show, I am gonna sue

"Quick, change the name"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rhonne posted:

Wasn't TNA weirdly popular in Europe for a while?

if I remember right, they were on a channel in more UK homes than Smackdown but still did worse ratings. PLus they had deals with some weirdo satellite carrier so you could watch impact in Cameroon and other places I can't readily find on a map.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

In all seriousness, I wonder how much a mistake like that would have cost? The actual proper, real belts are supposed to be pretty expensive to produce, right?

It's TNA. A 3D printer and a can of gold spray paint costs like $504.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Sono posted:

It's TNA. A 3D printer and a can of gold spray paint costs like $504.

It's TNA. It was probably made with papier mâché, or possibly Play-Doh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

Wasn't TNA weirdly popular in Europe for a while?

I know in England they were on a cheaper cable tier (or not a premium channel or something similar) while WWE was, so a lot of fans there took what they could get as far as wrestling to watch on TV.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

grack posted:

It's TNA. It was probably made with papier mâché, or possibly Play-Doh

a replica belt from WWE.com + spray paint + stencils + all the puffy paint from the nearest Hobby Lobby

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

then a barbed wire christmas tree lowers from the ceiling

but the ushers have locked the doors

there is no escape

TNA TV tapings sounds like a Jon Bois article come to life

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

TNA TV tapings sounds like a Jon Bois article come to life

Now I want Jon Bois to do an LOLTNA piece and I'm mad we'll never get one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Remember that one time they forced the audience to leave so they could have an empty arena match?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know in England they were on a cheaper cable tier (or not a premium channel or something similar) while WWE was, so a lot of fans there took what they could get as far as wrestling to watch on TV.

They were on Bravo, I think, and it was there. I imagine kids who didn't have sky sports subs would have watched that.

I tried watching it on bravo a couple of times and it was bottled shite. but I imagine if you were starved of wrestling then it was a decent option.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rhonne posted:

Remember that one time they forced the audience to leave so they could have an empty arena match?

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Both Impact and the PPVs were on Challenge TV, which is free to air and otherwise shows 80s and 90s game shows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think it was AJ Styles on Observer Radio who mentioned kinda sadly that the whole roster was basically holding out hope for the brand based on their popularity in the UK, only to find out that apart from a good sized house on the odd tour they did there the numbers didn't really translate in any way to money being made :smith:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

I think it was AJ Styles on Observer Radio who mentioned kinda sadly that the whole roster was basically holding out hope for the brand based on their popularity in the UK, only to find out that apart from a good sized house on the odd tour they did there the numbers didn't really translate in any way to money being made :smith:

Dixie and Serge stayed in a castle

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Literally nothing TNA has ever done has resulted in money being made and AJ's a drat idiot if he thought a UK tour was going to save them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
SO GFW ordered a new set of belts to debut at the first TV taping (Monday) after the PPV and when they got them they still said "Impact Wrestling".

You can take the TNA out of TNA but you can never take the TNA out of TNA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wasn't the last taping yesterday, too

So they've gotta wait at least another month to get new belts on air :lol:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it will be TNA:GFW or just GFW or Impact presents GFW or what the gently caress

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

So it will be TNA:GFW or just GFW or Impact presents GFW or what the gently caress

It's TNA.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Wasn't the last taping yesterday, too

So they've gotta wait at least another month to get new belts on air :lol:

Plenty of time to blur out the belts on television

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

SO GFW ordered a new set of belts to debut at the first TV taping (Monday) after the PPV and when they got them they still said "Impact Wrestling".

Haha how does this even happen? Like how are there not a bunch of proofs of each belt before they're cast or constructed or whatever? Amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

That's pretty amazing. I know the show is still going to be called Impact but "Impact Wrestling" was the quasi-rebrand name post the Anthem buyout right, so the new belts didn't say GFW on them anywhere?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Haha how does this even happen? Like how are there not a bunch of proofs of each belt before they're cast or constructed or whatever? Amazing.

It's still TNA.

I suppose it's possible that the belts were ordered before the re-brand was finalized and nobody bothered to tell the company that made them, but that's still pretty goddamned retarded.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
To be honest I am impressed that they caught whatever mistake was on the belts this time. Remember this is a company that not only printed, but sold on it's website "RDV" T-Shirts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

To be honest I am impressed that they caught whatever mistake was on the belts this time. Remember this is a company that not only printed, but sold on it's website "RDV" T-Shirts

♪ RDV!

REEEAHHH BRINNA REEEE RAAAAA

The loving whole show! ♪

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

BrigadierSensible posted:

Don't forget Eric Bishcoff cards.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lest we forget the amazing production error on the Thanksgiving show that ended up with that awful loving CGI turkey taking up the entire screen for the whole episode.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Also,

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there here

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"Well, this is only a moderately embarrassing gently caress up instead of an ungodly bad gently caress up and that's an improvement for TNA."

Not that I disagree, but how is this company still around after 15 years?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

"Well, this is only a moderately embarrassing gently caress up instead of an ungodly bad gently caress up and that's an improvement for TNA."

$100,000,000 dollars.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

grack posted:

some rich rear end oil baron decided to humor his daughter instead of killing hookers and blaming it on poor immigrants.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider posted:

A reader who was traveling into Orlando yesterday afternoon emailed PWInsider to inform us that he had seen Global Force Champion Alberto El Patron being detained by police in the airport. Patron missed an advertised independent booking yesterday in Texas.

In seeking to confirm whether that story was correct, PWInsider.com reached out to the Orlando Police Department and was given the following statement:

"There was an incident at Orlando International Airport at about 3PM Sunday involving Jose Rodriguez (DOB 5/25/1977). The reported incident was a domestic violence battery, and it is still under investigation. No arrests have been made as of this time, but the case remains open. That is all the information we have for release at this time."

Just like TNA to get sued one week into rebranding and have its new unified world champ investigated for domestic violence two weeks into rebranding

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao i love this dead gay promotion

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hahah I hope they strip him of the belt and have yet another tournament.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Hahah I hope they strip him of the belt and have yet another tournament.

Any more washed up WWE guys they can sign? What's Ryback up to these days?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pro Wrestling Sheet posted:

A rep for GFW tells us, “Global Force Wrestling takes all legal situations very seriously and is looking into this matter. GFW is a privately-held company and will thoroughly investigate this incident and fully cooperate with law enforcement.”

quote:

Alberto, who unified the company’s Global Championship with the Impact Wrestling Championship at Slammiversary, was heavily featured in storylines at the most recent taping.

It’s unclear if they’ll continue to use all of that footage over the next 2 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its a bad scene but the tape's already in the can. GFW doesn't care. They knew going into this that ADR was a liability.

• Locked thread