Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
are they breakiing up all the tag teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"IT'S A TAG TEAM GOLDEN AGE, A REBIRTH OF THE BRACKET"

"Actually no, gently caress tag teams."

"JUST KIDDING IT'S ANOTHER GOLDEN AGE."

"Tag teams are for bitches."

tune in in six months for another superteam to rise and the WWE to try and fail to hinge the entire division on their backs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gee-o. it's gonna be alright. Tag Teaming is a high-end proposition that can never be displaced even by the corrupt officials at wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

4 inch cut no femmes posted:

are they breakiing up all the tag teams

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/882440131625369600

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/thestrappodcast/status/882456289888026625

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I stuck around for the entirety of 205 Live (the Swann vs. TJP match was excellent) just to see Nakamura live, which I had never witnessed before.

Mega pop. MEGA pop. Good lord.

Y'know who else got excellent face heat? Naomi. Also, her glow belt is rad as gently caress in person. It looks like she defeated the MCP in Tron for it, or something.

Also, good crowd tonight. None of that Dayton, OH horseshit.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 5, 2017

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
That New Day/Usos segment was the loving best segment in a long time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If they split up every tag team thats a bunch of new feuds since EVERY tag team that breaks up has to immediately feud with each other for 4 months.... except for Rusev vs Jinder which was the one I actually kinda wanted. Konnor vs Viktor is going to be the modern day Shawn vs Janetti

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

keevo posted:

Hoooly poo poo I finally saw the whole thing DAAAAAMMMN that burn on Xavier, and the crowd???? They knew EXACTLY what they were talking about. Although Xavier's comeback was pretty sweet with the Roman call out.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

keevo posted:

Jiro posted:

Hoooly poo poo I finally saw the whole thing DAAAAAMMMN that burn on Xavier, and the crowd???? They knew EXACTLY what they were talking about. Although Xavier's comeback was pretty sweet with the Roman call out.

Everyone around me responded to the Xavier reference with incredibly loud OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH's. I'd say a good 70% of the place knew what the Usos were talking about. It was hilarious.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Y'know who else got excellent face heat? Naomi. Also, her glow belt is rad as gently caress in person. It looks like she defeated the MCP in Tron for it, or something.

Thought the glow belt was on the tacky side when I saw the photos of it at this weekend's live events. But on TV it came off absolutely amazing and really adds to her presentation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I gotta tell you for a little while I was dead certain she'd get that new belt and then immediately drop the title.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I gotta tell you for a little while I was dead certain she'd get that new belt and then immediately drop the title.

Now it is pretty crazy the non-entity Charlotte is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Now it is pretty crazy the non-entity Charlotte is.

I meant that I figured she'd get the new glow belt and then immediately drop it because WWE loves to screw with people that way, but, yeah, I thought she was toast against Charlotte too right after the shakeup.

For most of this reign I've figured Naomi is screwed when her next title defense rolls around because it's just never felt like the booking has strongly gotten behind her but she's gone and quietly built up the longest single reign with the title and is only a week behind Alexa for most combined days. :shrug:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jiro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVruWU5qco

Has it been edited out of this one? The closest I can find it at 1:05, but that insult doesn't even make sense to me?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Wazzu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSVruWU5qco

Has it been edited out of this one? The closest I can find it at 1:05, but that insult doesn't even make sense to me?
Yes, they've cut out the Usos talking about Big E's tits and Xavier being R-rated

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Chris James 2 posted:

Notes from Bayley's podcast with Austin:

Feels she's in a weird spot in her career and it's time to evolve. Thinking about changing both look and in-ring (aggression)
Talked to Seth about his in-ring changes. He said he tries to be like Austin
Feels comfy talking to Vince (would go to HHH first but he said she needed good relationship with Vince)
The Corey interview was a step back, like she was starting all over again
Just wants to wrestle, doesn't need to always be in title picture
Wants to wrestle till 35. Wants to open school someday (really enjoys teaching)

2016: can't wait for Bayley to debut, she's gonna be the female John Cena!!!!!!!!!
2017: well, hopefully she makes it to retirement before killing herself

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

I meant that I figured she'd get the new glow belt and then immediately drop it because WWE loves to screw with people that way, but, yeah, I thought she was toast against Charlotte too right after the shakeup.

For most of this reign I've figured Naomi is screwed when her next title defense rolls around because it's just never felt like the booking has strongly gotten behind her but she's gone and quietly built up the longest single reign with the title and is only a week behind Alexa for most combined days. :shrug:

That injury really worked out for her, all the rumors before that were that she was just going to be champ for a month.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

That injury really worked out for her, all the rumors before that were that she was just going to be champ for a month.

She realized that you can't lose the title in your hometown if you're not champ going in.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Naomi is trash, the SD division is a mess and Becky deserves so much better that a feud with that freak James Ellsworth

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Was already known to friends that Luke is very unhappy these days and that he thinks WWE may not know he exists anymore.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chad Gable is exceptionally good

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Listened to an interview with undertaker and he said the matches with Mankind took years off his career and I'm just thinking my god how long could the man have wrestled if he wasn't in those matches

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Listened to an interview with undertaker and he said the matches with Mankind took years off his career and I'm just thinking my god how long could the man have wrestled if he wasn't in those matches

And Mick Foley got brain damaged. Taker did good.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
I don't know what this is except that it is beautiful:

https://twitter.com/EandCPod/status/878281888640765955?s=07

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Was already known to friends that Luke is very unhappy these days and that he thinks WWE may not know he exists anymore.

I miss Harper and I miss the Wyatt Family.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Chad Gable is exceptionally good

What happened to Jordan, is AA dead

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Jackie D posted:

What happened to Jordan, is AA dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1BeJop4t7o

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jordan getting eliminated from the battle royal during commercial break was pretty telling

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Jordan getting eliminated from the battle royal during commercial break was pretty telling

It's really strange when you consider Gable was going to be kept in NXT during the draft and Jordan was going to be the only one who got called up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't understand how you don't bring them to Raw and put them with Kurt.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's a real bummer that Luke is getting buried.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't understand how you don't bring them to Raw and put them with Kurt.

Kurt would overshadow them more than likely. It'd be hard to recover whenever they parted ways with Kurt.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

It's a real bummer that Luke is getting buried.

I mean it's not like he's secretly a vinter or a genius or anything. Then it'd be a real shame if wwe forgot him.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I don't think Angle has been particularly entertaining as a GM.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

I don't think Angle has been particularly entertaining as a GM.

just wait til steph comes back

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Angle's a lot worse at performing his scripted dialogue than foley was, but fortunately the novelty of having kurt angle back on wwe tv has not yet worn off so he can just coast on how happy people are to chant YOU SUCK

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Kofi recognizing the error of his ways

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnToQB45X4
I've really turned the corner on the Titus Worldwide gimmick mainly because now it focus's on Titus' strengths (talking and not wrestling) and Tozawa/Apollo's strengths (being good wrestlemen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Vaguido posted:

Kurt would overshadow them more than likely. It'd be hard to recover whenever they parted ways with Kurt.

Not really, all they have to do is jump him, rip off his shirt and spray paint him.

• Locked thread