Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

is it true that blades of grass doesn't allow their members to rat or mine in capital ships

Rorquals get tackled and killed all the time, carriers less so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

not quite an urban legend, but blown out of proportion. I know mittens has gotten many a death threat, and one of the creeps even called his parents. The same weirdo's that get upset that Digi once let it be known that progodlegend is GAY, have absolutely no problem when people from their communities threatened to rape his wife ex wife.

In short: Eve is a bad game full of broken people who's sense of scale is non existent.

manny not pgl wasnt it?

also evil thug(i think) did in fact semi legit offer to have someone cut the power to the enslaver's house

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

is it true that blades of grass doesn't allow their members to rat or mine in capital ships

Horrible

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This thread is a mistake. We (and by we I of course mean others) should have worked hard to get the other threads closed as well. The prophecy tells us that when all SA Eve threads are closed, Eve itself will die. We should be working to hasten that end.

Speaking of which, what MMO(s) will you play when Eve dies for good?

Stop trying to kill my dayliy​ routine :emo:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol that dread feed in catch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm Grath's two gyros.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how long until we see rambling PL posts about CONTENT to explain away their failure

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Reverand maynard posted:

how long until we see rambling PL posts about CONTENT to explain away their failure

What were they trying to kill?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Catberry posted:

What were they trying to kill?

TEST's morale

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

MikeCrotch posted:

It can be a pretty sweet moneymaker as well as teaching you PVP stuff, although I don't know if its the "best" way of learning it. Just avoid playing as Amarr especially if you are an Alpha clone. You might want to set up a separate character for the purposes of FW.

Ha, I've obviously just rolled an Amarr. Why is Amarr worth avoiding as an alpha clone?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Gus Hobbleton says hello to the 2 people who might have any idea who he is.

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

I haven't played this game in 5 years and am checking it out again. I have no idea what to do anymore. I just want to semi AFK blow up belt rats or something. All the ships I could fly back then suck now (mostly Amarr battleships or anything Amarr really from what I can tell). This game has been around for 400 years and it's hard to tell what information on Google is still accurate. Do I just get in a Vexor Navy Issue and run lovely missions until I get bored and quit again?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a terrible idea. Join GoonWaffe until you get bored and quit instead imo.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dog Pipes posted:

Ha, I've obviously just rolled an Amarr. Why is Amarr worth avoiding as an alpha clone?

I'm not sure, but he might have meant to avoid the amarr side of FW? Amarr are totally stomped.

Amarr has some big downsides as alpha, especially the limits on capacitor skills. I think they're easily the worst race for trying to do solo pvp as alpha. They just can't do damage, control, and tank at the same time with the restricted skills. If you don't care about solo, well, they're still not the best. But they're not completely useless or anything.

The problem with amarr alphas is that with their T1 lines there's a lot of overlap with gallente, and the gallente option is always better.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Klyith posted:

I'm not sure, but he might have meant to avoid the amarr side of FW? Amarr are totally stomped.

Great commute to the front, though

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Gus Hobbleton says hello to the 2 people who might have any idea who he is.

fatty fat fat fat

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
bye leddit

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 16, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

my gf deleted my reddit account :smith:

is there any backstory on why because a s/o of any sort deleting your poo poo is really hosed up

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Reverand maynard posted:

is there any backstory on why because a s/o of any sort deleting your poo poo is really hosed up

my gf is a wonderful woman

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 16, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
On behalf of /r/eve, we thank you/her.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6nkgyo/pour_one_out_for_globby/

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Klyith posted:

Yeah that's how I understood it too, just wondering why.

quote:

Amarr has some big downsides as alpha, especially the limits on capacitor skills. I think they're easily the worst race for trying to do solo pvp as alpha. They just can't do damage, control, and tank at the same time with the restricted skills. If you don't care about solo, well, they're still not the best. But they're not completely useless or anything.

The problem with amarr alphas is that with their T1 lines there's a lot of overlap with gallente, and the gallente option is always better.

Thanks for the info. gently caress's sake! Time to roll a Gallente then.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

i told her to and she actually did it, the madman

Why

When she's gone you won't have the girl or the account

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah tbh i'm pretty much done with eve anyway, after kusion got banned for the second time in 4 months for literally nothing again i can't bring myself to log in

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

always amusing to hear about people riding the line and getting banned when you've done it yourself and got away scot free

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
From the OP: "Currently eve has small, medium and capital logistics ships but no proper large versions."

I guess someone forgot about the humble nestor.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Everybody forgets about the Nestor. Too expensive for what it does, might as well use a few faxes and those have a better chance of living.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

vulvamancer posted:

From the OP: "Currently eve has small, medium and capital logistics ships but no proper large versions."

I guess someone forgot about the humble nestor.

The original draft said "No large version" and then I remembered the Nestor. I do appreciate your input. Do you think Nestors could serve as proper logistics ships for battleships fleets if they were cheaper?
How viable are they as a possible replacement for T2 cruiser logistics in their current iteration?

Also sorry about the lack of OP updates. I have been really busy at work. I run my own business and a client might end up screwing me out of payment for the last 3 months of work so I have to sue him and then work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for a new client to make up the loss and cover this months bills.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

always amusing to hear about people riding the line and getting banned when you've done it yourself and got away scot free

what line is being rode? i think your naive reddit level understanding of what gankers do is showing.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what line is being rode? i think your naive reddit level understanding of what gankers do is showing.

Grobbums is right on this one. Jason more than likely got caught up in a wave of ghost training / problem-child bans. His latest update was that odds are they did a wave of bans and there isn't enough GM support to sort out the appeals.

Jason doesn't really ride the line; he's streamed himself doing the best work he does before. He just happens to be a guy that produces a disproportionate amount of grief compared to the rest of the game on a per capita basis.

Which leads to the conclusion that if you're too good at what you do (ganking, multiboxing, etc), eventually you're gonna get dealt with in a wholly out-off-grid way (bans, nerfs, your targets getting reimbursed, etc).

In summary, eve dead so what?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Catberry posted:

The original draft said "No large version" and then I remembered the Nestor. I do appreciate your input. Do you think Nestors could serve as proper logistics ships for battleships fleets if they were cheaper?
How viable are they as a possible replacement for T2 cruiser logistics in their current iteration?

While they don't have a high cost right now (about 450m), they have low supply, so any group buying these en masse will spike the price incredibly. I'm not sure how well they compare to T2 logi, but they are only for armor fleets and are limited in that regard. They have lower mass than the other battleships, but still have battleship sigs and similar speeds. The refitting ability is really useful even limited by aggression timers. For them to be effective in the logi role, they would need to have more supply.

NB: I am relatively new to EVE compared to most people here, so this is my noob analysis based on what I've read elsewhere.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Grobbums is right on this one. Jason more than likely got caught up in a wave of ghost training / problem-child bans. His latest update was that odds are they did a wave of bans and there isn't enough GM support to sort out the appeals.

Jason doesn't really ride the line; he's streamed himself doing the best work he does before. He just happens to be a guy that produces a disproportionate amount of grief compared to the rest of the game on a per capita basis.

Which leads to the conclusion that if you're too good at what you do (ganking, multiboxing, etc), eventually you're gonna get dealt with in a wholly out-off-grid way (bans, nerfs, your targets getting reimbursed, etc).

In summary, eve dead so what?

You (and miniluv) still ride the line. Don't get me wrong -- I absolutely love miniluv and think what y'all do is hilarious, and I think you should absolutely keep doing it. However, you DO ride the line of what CCP tolerates.

The difference here is who you are. Miniluv does a shitload more damage than any other individual highsec ganker or highsec ganker groups put together, yet it's the little pissbabbys like whoever the gently caress Kusion is that get owned. Why is this? It's because of who you are with and who speaks for you, and how you compose yourselves. Miniluv doesn't have a spokesperson like James 315, or a loud message, or even frequent forum posting -- Miniluv just ganks dudes and mostly keeps quiet.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

manny not pgl wasnt it?

also evil thug(i think) did in fact semi legit offer to have someone cut the power to the enslaver's house

It was Manny's OKCupid profile.

PGL is still gay though.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

yeah tbh i'm pretty much done with eve anyway, after kusion got banned for the second time in 4 months for literally nothing again i can't bring myself to log in

so we'll see you in about two weeks then?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

so we'll see you in about two weeks then?

i already haven't logged in in months tbh

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You (and miniluv) still ride the line. Don't get me wrong -- I absolutely love miniluv and think what y'all do is hilarious, and I think you should absolutely keep doing it. However, you DO ride the line of what CCP tolerates.

The difference here is who you are. Miniluv does a shitload more damage than any other individual highsec ganker or highsec ganker groups put together, yet it's the little pissbabbys like whoever the gently caress Kusion is that get owned. Why is this? It's because of who you are with and who speaks for you, and how you compose yourselves. Miniluv doesn't have a spokesperson like James 315, or a loud message, or even frequent forum posting -- Miniluv just ganks dudes and mostly keeps quiet.

you really have no idea what you're talking about, kusion is more miniluv than 99% of miniluv members who literally put in like 400 hours to make burn jita work. glad the directorship recognizes people who spend a poo poo ton of time generating content for the alliance.

kusion also keeps quiet as gently caress, if you have examples of him pushing the line at all ever (other than being a ganker) please post it.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

i already haven't logged in in months tbh

What about your new ganking thing?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

working mom posted:

What about your new ganking thing?

haven't done it yet, i can't get more than 2-3 people together because of the autism it requires

it's eula legal and ccp forsaw it as an issue and their fix was to disable safeties in the future (For alpha characters)

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 17, 2017

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

haven't done it yet, i can't get more than 2-3 people together because of the autism it requires

it's eula legal and ccp forsaw it as an issue and their fix was to disable safeties in the future (For alpha characters)

*oh* I get your plan now, i think, and yeah that sounds like it'd take a while with cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

glad the directorship recognizes people who spend a poo poo ton of time generating content for the alliance

so you have no idea what you're talking about, got it

hint: i'm not a director you dumb gently caress

• Locked thread