Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Not sure if news is getting out about this rewards thing leading up to release.

https://rewards.xbox.com/forza-7-virtual-key-sweepstakes/

I managed to get the Hoonigan car pack and a driver suit (that said retails at $0.99). Also it states you get 10 keys if you preorder however I already preorder so not sure if I'm hosed out of that or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

GutBomb posted:

There's no toyota in Forza 7 for some licensing reason. Hopefully it will be addressed in DLC later on.

There will be some Toyota race models in there. It's a shame Toyota are being jackasses about the road cars, blaming sales on games despite sales of certain models actually being quite respectable.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So Forza VII has me contemplating buying a used Xbox, because that would be a lot less than a decent video card (thanks buttecoins). Tell me about any issues buying a used xbone. Have they been pretty reliable, any models to steer clear, etc.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I had one last year and never had any problems with it. I've never heard anyone talking about faults or failures either.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-motorsport-7-demo/9p2xh29364lh

Won't let me download it yet. :(

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

It goes live at 10AM PST AFAIK.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wolrah posted:

It goes live at 10AM PST AFAIK.

I'm an impatient baby and don't want to wait 3 hours. At least I am working at home today.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Looks like they didn't change the hilariously terrible AI in Project Cars at all for 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90HMPL8VxM

Is this due to the AI being set to O aggression? As in "we all need to drive the perfect racing line but also drive like our lives depend on not hitting anybody else?" combined with driving on a course with a particularly weird racing line right after the starting line or something?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GreatGreen posted:

Is this due to the AI being set to O aggression? As in "we all need to drive the perfect racing line but also drive like our lives depend on not hitting anybody else?" combined with driving on a course with a particularly weird racing line right after the starting line or something?

That dude has other videos from a stream of the AI just being completely unable to handle any kind of turn 1.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I said come in! posted:

I'm an impatient baby and don't want to wait 3 hours. At least I am working at home today.

Hey hit me up on steam when you can.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hopterque posted:

Hey hit me up on steam when you can.

Yes yes i'll login right now.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I can't wait to see some seriously dumb cars when racing online.

I wonder how many cars have bodykits now. The release trailer shows a Camaro ZR1 with a wide kit.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What's going to be in the demo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Demo is available now. :homebrew:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ethanol posted:

What's going to be in the demo

Probably the same three races we saw at E3. Dubai with GT2, Mugello w/ Trucks, Nurburgring w/ Nissan GT car.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm in a mad dash to complete all the remaining achievements i have in horizon 3 and forza 5 before forza 7 drops and holy poo poo the hot wheels dlc is awesome. i cannot believe that there exist people who hate fun so much that they bitched about hot wheels in fh3.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

financially racist posted:

i'm in a mad dash to complete all the remaining achievements i have in horizon 3 and forza 5 before forza 7 drops and holy poo poo the hot wheels dlc is awesome. i cannot believe that there exist people who hate fun so much that they bitched about hot wheels in fh3.

I still want to pick this up. Next time there's a sale that I actually catch I am getting this pack.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

do it, poo poo is fuckin rad. i'd be ok if fh4 went full on in that direction, it's not like they could set it in a cooler real-world location anyway.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

I can't wait to see some seriously dumb cars when racing online.

I wonder how many cars have bodykits now. The release trailer shows a Camaro ZR1 with a wide kit.
Um...the game has wide wheels to fill out those fenders, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't tell if Forza 7 is having frame rate issues or not on my PC. It appears to be all over the place during gameplay. I ran the benchmark and that was anywhere from 11fps to 60fps, so that is not good. I can fall back onto Xbox One but I really wanted to play this on PC.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I was getting some stuttering with all the dynamic graphics stuff turned on, I manually set everything to ultra and it’s totally smooth now.

Game owns!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Demo thoughts:

Game overall looks good. The new instrument cluster on the HUD is garbage though. Fun to drive Mugello again. The rain lights on the modern GT cars are a neat touch, for whichever ones have them. Also Dubai is pretty bland unless you're driving a high-downforce car, I think. Or maybe the Porsche just sucks.

Edit: It's also great that you can change settings while the track loads.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 19, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The Forza community really likes being negative outside of this thread. In the last few weeks most of the stuff I've heard from them about FM7 is complaining about how there aren't enough 2017 GT3s, not enough tracks, not enough new cars to the series and so on.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Does the game let you set abs/tcs to 'whatever this car has'?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dreamsicle posted:

The Forza community really likes being negative outside of this thread. In the last few weeks most of the stuff I've heard from them about FM7 is complaining about how there aren't enough 2017 GT3s, not enough tracks, not enough new cars to the series and so on.

From what I've seen on the forza forums, it's not necessarily 2017 GT3 cars. I think it's that when T10 said, "We want to return to focusing on Motorsport", expectations went wild and nothing T10 have done shows they actually intend to do that.

They ask why is the only Porsche GT car from 2011 when T10 signed a 6 year deal with Porsche. The see that PCars2 has 2016 models. Where's the M6 GT3? Why is the Aston Martin DB09 still in, why can't Forza get the newer Vantage GT3 or GT4? Then they see what PCars has been able to do as a new startup - the track and car offerings and wonder why MS-backed T10 can't even deliver GT4 cars.

I agree with the thought that Forza's GT lineup is "dated and unbalanced" compared to the competitors.

L_Harrison posted:

Demo thoughts:

Game overall looks good. The new instrument cluster on the HUD is garbage though. Fun to drive Mugello again. The rain lights on the modern GT cars are a neat touch, for whichever ones have them. Also Dubai is pretty bland unless you're driving a high-downforce car, I think. Or maybe the Porsche just sucks.

Edit: It's also great that you can change settings while the track loads.

I hope the HUD has an option to keep it still instead of move around like that.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

L_Harrison posted:

Or maybe the Porsche just sucks.

Ok, so it's not just me? That thing felt like poo poo and I was concerned I'd just forgotten how to drive until I tried the GT-R event and that felt fine.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Eyud posted:

I was getting some stuttering with all the dynamic graphics stuff turned on, I manually set everything to ultra and it’s totally smooth now.

Game owns!

Hmmmm

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Forza 7 demo is pretty good, for a console game. I'm glad they dumped that stupid "Drive this car with every single assist set to baby mode for three laps then we'll see if you're good enough for the big boy settings." But if they want to be taken seriously on PC, they need to work on a few things. They still have the assist settings take effect no matter what car you drive. So someone who pushes two buttons to shift instead of one will be faster even if the car being driven doesn't even have driver actuated clutch. The in game wheel still only turns 270 degrees. And the force feedback seems to just be made up. If any wheel loses traction, the FFB just goes loving nuts. The force feed back feels like it just gets slightly stronger the further you turn it from center until a tire loses traction, then the wheel goes limp and starts going crazy with vibration.

The demo was really fun with a controller, but terrible with a wheel. Compared to other PC sims at least. I'm glad it's on PC, but I guess I'll never be able to take this game seriously until they get rid of the totally arcade way they do assists.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Ok, so it's not just me? That thing felt like poo poo and I was concerned I'd just forgotten how to drive until I tried the GT-R event and that felt fine.

it's almost as if the 911 is a really really bad car or something :thunk:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the Dubai track is total poo poo. Turn10 is lucky they are bringing Maple Valley back, that should be the track on the cover.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well hey they can't let abu dhabi have a monopoly on bad tracks in the uae

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 19, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The sound effects are my favorite part of Forza 7. I have a 5.1 surround sound headset and it just sounds amazing. The GTR race in the rain in cockpit view was just incredible, the sound of the rain and windshield wipers :eyepop:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ShineDog posted:

Does the game let you set abs/tcs to 'whatever this car has'?
No but I wish it did for the sake of hypercars that are nigh-undriveable without.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 19, 2017

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Got to work tonight and probably tomorrow as well. This goon would appreciate any videos/pics and lap times you guys would be willing to post to get me through. :coolfish:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

it's almost as if the 911 is a really really bad car or something :thunk:

I'd been saying this for years! But people seem to like them and I've never been clear if I'm the crazy one or they are.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Counterpoint: The 911 is the best sportscar ever made, which is why they keep making it for 60 years and why it keeps winning awards and why it keeps winning races and you guys have terrible opinions.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
regardless of reality, i hate driving porsches in video games

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Trip report: As far as performance goes, the game seemed to run pretty OK on its default "Dynamic" video settings. I would get frame drop or short stutters once in a while but not too much. I tried running the benchmark and it crashed to desktop, so I restarted and played a few more races. Then I tried the benchmark again, and the results were bad.

2.9 min, 31.5 max, average 29.7. I kept the recommended setting of "Very Low" and the game looked like dogshit. So I guess I'll be upgrading my system in the next week or two. Shame, because the game seems pretty good from the demo. Granted the system isn't state of the art at all, and with some tweaking I could manage decent graphics by sacrificing some of the shadows, reflections, etc.

My PC Specs: Intel i5 6600k, GeForce GTX 970 4GB, 16GB RAM. None overclocked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tweeted at Turn-10, hoping they can help me with my frame rate issues. My system specs:
i7-6700, 12GB DDR4 RAM, GTX1060 6GB DDR5

I should be able to play high settings at 1080p/60fps no problem, but the frame rate is very jittery and its so noticeable that it's unplayable like this. It's not at all smooth even though it does hit 60fps during gameplay, but it also jumps down to as low as 11fps at times and that is where the issue is. It's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don’t upgrade your 970for this game dude. It’s dx 12, it’s probably gonna run lovely on anything. 970 is still a powerful card