Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
merry christmas

do not buy this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

do not buy this game

done :smuggo:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
~ikf you were thinking
about buying this game, dont
refridgeratiro~

a christmas haiku

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!
Remembering glory days of me playing UO. Decorating my house. Ganking in Buc's Den (yeah I came during Renaissance so what?). Sailing my boat. Taming horses. Running from groups of mage players with neon beards.

Hear Albion Online is the next UO. Full pvp, full loot, fully player-run economy.

Pay $30 basic fee. Download. Install. Log in ready to rock.

Do intro quest to get my guy ready. Holy poo poo there's so many players.

Where do I get more quests? No quests? Ok UO didn't really have quests so I guess I'll go explore.

Nothing to explore. No hidden treasures or cool locations.

Ok I guess I'll chop wood.

Wood is 3 zones away. All zones are the same rectangle.

See some kind of demon dungeon event. All alone, no guild. Solo demon dungeon thing. 3 hits from killing final boss and getting treasure, get ganked. Lose all my stuff.

Uninstall. Cry. Reminisce of better days. Vendor buy bank guards :(

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Saw this thread and remembered some people paid one hundred bones for this how do you live with yourselves?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Comrayn posted:

Saw this thread and remembered some people paid one hundred bones for this how do you live with yourselves?

chargebacks

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I want to apologize for my earlier post everyone who has played this game has already suffered enough.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:same: :toot:

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Yeah I paid 30 bucks and mucked around for a few hours. This is garbage.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I paid $30 at release and had some fun. Didn't stick with it though because while a buddy and myself liked it we really tried to get some other friends into it and they basically all hated it so welp we all moved on.

Also Carleon is incredibly stupid as is the relationship between personal/guild islands and city shops. Or at least they were after launch.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

someone lock this thread it's just going to bait goons into buying it

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Internet Victory posted:

Remembering glory days of me playing UO.

quote:

3 hits from killing final boss and getting treasure, get ganked. Lose all my stuff.

Uninstall. Cry. Reminisce of better days. Vendor buy bank guards :(

You sure you were able to hang in UO as being ganked and losing all your poo poo(and ganking others and taking their poo poo) is what 90% of what UO was about...

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Nah UO had red hunters and poo poo to do that wasn't pvp

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

AlmightyBob posted:

Nah UO had red hunters and poo poo to do that wasn't pvp

UO had 2 things to do... PVP or get rich; Albion has the same 2 things ;)

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Yeah, but are either for those two things in AO good or interesting?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

Yeah, but are either for those two things in AO good or interesting?

If you are into moba style games (league, dota, hots, etc) then thats why the PVP is like (just the numbers in fights can go from 3v3 to 5v5 to 50v50).

Making money in Albion is also pretty interested if youre not into PVP -- gathering the good stuff requires risking full loot death(ala UO) and playing the market place is where smart people get super rich.

p.s.

here's a video of what a typical ZvZ(large scale fight) looks like in Albion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNeMZV5Zj8

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 10, 2018

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

FormerFatty posted:

p.s.

here's a video of what a typical ZvZ(large scale fight) looks like in Albion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNeMZV5Zj8

yeah I think this is going to be a hard pass for me

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

yeah I think this is going to be a hard pass for me

What were you expecting out of a massive moba fight?

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!
How do I get in this guild? In game and Discord as Bigiss. Sitting at t4/t5 and just got to Caerleon with all my cloth!

Holla

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Pinky posted:

How do I get in this guild? In game and Discord as Bigiss. Sitting at t4/t5 and just got to Caerleon with all my cloth!

Holla

chargeback

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

I never understood what you hated so much about the game -- you didnt enjoy those big bops that you had? Now I understand the population waned and that theres a bit less action but the core of the game is decent -- its a full loot/pvp MMOmoba; aside from EvE what other full loot games are even worth playing?

dogshitboy
Dec 8, 2017
el bumpo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

I never understood what you hated so much about the game -- you didnt enjoy those big bops that you had? Now I understand the population waned and that theres a bit less action but the core of the game is decent -- its a full loot/pvp MMOmoba; aside from EvE what other full loot games are even worth playing?

i dont think he hated the game. he hated the same thing a lot of people do: the devs and lack of meaningful direction or updates. re-juggling the stats on the same yawn worthy weapons for the sixth time sucks. the mount changes sucked, honourureabul 5v5 duelz for land is terrible, etc

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FormerFatty posted:

Almost all of the developer decisions since launch have been terrible, including the limitation of PVP in redzones, expeditions and hellgates and arenas removing people from the sandbox, too high quality resources available in safe zones, and the 5v5 GvG being the sole thing to aspire to as an 'endgame'.

The developers are self-absorbed and unable to listen to criticism without banning, silencing, and moderating. They own the subreddit, they own the forums, they've shilled on /r/mmorpg and SA, they've done everything to draw a large audience to their game, and yet it still failed because they have a terrible product.

Look at how many kills there were week 2, and now. Look at the concurrent members now compared to launch. It was already difficult as is to catch and kill people early on, why the hell would anyone bother now?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I agree with most of it but there are always large drop offs on release playerbases for MMOs before it stabilizes.

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot
Good time to be playing with some of the recent updates.

We are now able to raid territories and murder NPC mages that siphon energy from the land. this energy is used to buy overpowered battle mounts and is the most precious commodity to elite pvp guild leaders.

Naturally Goons have found how to 3 man raid and steal energy. Most large alliances now have minutemen squads patrolling 24/7 trying to stop Goons from back-dooring their precious energy supplies.

Not only does Engery make millions of silver per run for Goons, we also get paid by other alliances when we rob their enemies.

Good times

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot
Awful Company is still hitting top 20 for pvp fame.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
I wouldn't endorse the current "Goon run" setup.

I would explore looking into joining a guild ASAP though however, and group up with some dudes and get to T5/T6 fighting. It's not that bad, T5 can be done in 2-3 days. and T6 in about 1.5 weeks of focused grinding.

The game is definitely worth playing as a persistent world MOBA. That being said, it requires a large time sink to "git gud" and a will to grind the money/specializations in skills in the game for the main focus, GvG (5v5, or 20v20 MOBA fights).

If you are willing to play this game for 2-3 hour sittings regularly (Or about 45 hours in game time overall), you can easily get T7 base spec, which is plenty enough for openworld.

If you have about a month to blow grinding "fame" (Read:experience points), this is a fun game once most of that is out of the way. Still playing and need a hand or something? You can message me through the ingame mail, my char name is Snaxxor.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

splinters within the guild about mocking the mentally ill and blueing up all of the population of a dieing pvp game? how could this be happening

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blazing Zero posted:

splinters within the guild about mocking the mentally ill and blueing up all of the population of a dieing pvp game? how could this be happening

Its almost like people only remember being the wolf in UO and not the sheep and when confronted with the fact they are a sheep they quit and play a game that doesn't gently caress them over.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This game would have been pretty good at a competition developer been at the helm that had a clear design direction

instead they cashed in on the arena/esports model on a game with a 4 second internal GCD with 5 abilities.

:rip:

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot

Snaxxor posted:

I wouldn't endorse the current "Goon run" setup.

I would explore looking into joining a guild ASAP though however, and group up with some dudes and get to T5/T6 fighting. It's not that bad, T5 can be done in 2-3 days. and T6 in about 1.5 weeks of focused grinding.

The game is definitely worth playing as a persistent world MOBA. That being said, it requires a large time sink to "git gud" and a will to grind the money/specializations in skills in the game for the main focus, GvG (5v5, or 20v20 MOBA fights).

If you are willing to play this game for 2-3 hour sittings regularly (Or about 45 hours in game time overall), you can easily get T7 base spec, which is plenty enough for openworld.

If you have about a month to blow grinding "fame" (Read:experience points), this is a fun game once most of that is out of the way. Still playing and need a hand or something? You can message me through the ingame mail, my char name is Snaxxor.

Snaxxor left to go do the Elite pvp thing, and whilst I miss him, i'm disappointed he's trying to splinter Goons. If you have beef with Gluttony Snaxx, let's keep AC running as a home for Goons. a LOT has changed to AC over the last 6 weeks. (Gicer here)

We currently give out free 4.2 and 6.1 ZvZ gear to all goons who play. Rather than run a reimbursement program like in EVE. We keep a a stock of gear available for our "true goon" rank to help themselves too.

Awful Company also runs it's own Discord now.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
Every single guild that does serious openworld PvP gives free 5.2/6.1 at this point, the guild i'm in even hands out relics on a free to use just return them policy.

Awful Company runs it's own discord? Yeah, tell me more about how every car has power windows and seat belts now too. There is no "Goon splinters" except all those "splinters"(Read: people who had desires to do something in the game) Gluttony thwarted.

Current actual "Goon" makeup of Awful Company is 3-7 actual goons and maybe 30-45 other non goons who casually play Also the alliance it "controls" is more of a collection of non-english speaking blobs than actual allies, or allies that just share the same alliance tag and nothing more.

There are plenty of other guilds out there accepting serious players, many are also willing to pay your subscription fee if they find you are a diamond in the rough for GvG.

Snaxxor fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Mar 3, 2018

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
hey are these pubbie tears more of a thing yet or not

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
We're all pubbies now :ohdear:

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Matty posted:

We're all pubbies now :ohdear:

Yep too many shitters causing splinters.

Latest update Anglia is cool (ahhahaha)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

people create splinters because leadership blows

maybe look inside and realize that

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:allears:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
also this

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

people create splinterstime to play other games because leadershipthe game blows

maybe look inside and realize that

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

So for anyone who cares, the CEO, Bercilak, was internally fired or quit. No public announcements yet, but the CEO has been confirmed to have changed to Robin Henkys (https://albiononline.com/en/imprint). I never really liked Bercilak once he started bashing/down talking content creators, essentially removing any Youtube and Twitch publicity for the game. I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing for the development side of the game, however.