Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/eclectik/status/922101156482084865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

All of those INTs were awful passes by the QB. Still, Deion owned.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
ATTENTION Kawalimus! The Cardinals subreddit is now dedicated to birds

https://www.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals/

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

seiferguy posted:

All of those INTs were awful passes by the QB. Still, Deion owned.

Young quarterbacks make mistakes sometimes!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

purkey posted:

Young quarterbacks make mistakes sometimes!

trevor is young! and he's a quarterback!!!!!

:suicide:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol

Browns named Kizer the starter

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wasn't he the starter last week?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

Wasn't he the starter last week?

And got benched during the game for Kessler

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kizer has been rear end but this musical chairs is a farce.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/923175730460033024

Edit: Damnit too slow.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Contract the Browns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They've basically got three QBs and are openly saying they don't know what to do with any of them long-term. Like 2 weeks from now long-term.

Everyone honestly expects them to draft another next year, regardless of how many (if any) remain on the roster

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Every league needs a team like the Browns to let fanbases feel a little about their respective team. Contract the Chargers and Skins.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I really hate what Hue's doing here.

Like, I am a firm believer that the Browns need to build a situation that a better coach would be willing to take. They've dicked around coaches and GM's for the last decade, creating a situation anyone who can get better will avoid going into, which is why they're where they are now.

But that said, if the Browns get the #1 pick and are going to take a QB, how can you trust Hue with that QB? Is he going to watch Kessler go 0-2 then Bill O'Brien this guy into the starting lineup, only to bench him in 2 games because he's clearly not ready?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Browns are the only team saving the Bears from being seen as the laughing stock they are.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hue Jackson making BOB look like an actual QB guru.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I thought the Browns were supposed to have a top-tier O-line(before Joe Thomas went down), if that the truth and they draft a QB number 1 overall and land 2 of the like 20 WRs scheduled for free agency maybe they could have a good offense next year? I wouldn't trust Hue with any of that though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

By "them" I mean the Browns

Beat writers aren't saying anything specific aloud but the feeling pretty clearly is "everyone in the office but the owner is gone the moment Week 17's done". You don't have to worry about the next QB having to trust Hue, he's going to be nowhere near him

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chris James 2 posted:

By "them" I mean the Browns

Beat writers aren't saying anything specific aloud but the feeling pretty clearly is "everyone in the office but the owner is gone the moment Week 17's done". You don't have to worry about the next QB having to trust Hue, he's going to be nowhere near him
It is unfortunate that the owner is going out the door, too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dexo posted:

The Browns are the only team saving the Bears from being seen as the laughing stock they are.

The Bears have exceeded expectations. :confused:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Haslam's never leaving, and even if he did someone somehow even more incompetent would take his place

Such is the Cleveland Browns life

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

Is this a Panthers joke?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought the Browns were supposed to have a top-tier O-line(before Joe Thomas went down), if that the truth and they draft a QB number 1 overall and land 2 of the like 20 WRs scheduled for free agency maybe they could have a good offense next year? I wouldn't trust Hue with any of that though.

They have a top tier costing oline, that looks to be about average stats wise (which means they're probably a bit better then that due to the QB's doing them no favors).

And yes, the Browns roster is quite a bit better then last year's, so if they had a good offseason, they could be a capable team next year. Or they could fire all the coaches again, settle on some third tier shmuck... still probably upgrade at DC because lol Gregg Williams, and be right back in the Pat Shurmur zone next year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Hue may have been dealt a garbage hand by his front office, but he is botching everything as terribly as possible in all directions.

There were two defensible courses of action to start the season:

1) Make Kizer the starter because everyone else is worthless, back him to the hilt, tailor the gameplan based on the fact that he's a raw rookie, and let him ride it out.
2) Accept that Kizer is a raw project and develop him offline while the other random scrubs take all the punishment and throws to garbage receivers all day.

Instead Hue keeps flip-flopping week to week, and even during the loving games, which is dumb as poo poo and basically the worst of all possible worlds.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

They have a top tier costing oline, that looks to be about average stats wise (which means they're probably a bit better then that due to the QB's doing them no favors).

And yes, the Browns roster is quite a bit better then last year's, so if they had a good offseason, they could be a capable team next year. Or they could fire all the coaches again, settle on some third tier shmuck... still probably upgrade at DC because lol Gregg Williams, and be right back in the Pat Shurmur zone next year.

There's a coaching candidate who has worked with the rookie of the year QB, who has coached a team to the best offense in the nfl, who coached a team to a super bowl, a man who has called plays for the nfl mvp.

A man with head coaching experience at the top of college football.

a man with impeccable bloodlines, descended from the last coach to have an undefeated season.

he can be yours.....

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks signed Dwight Freeney, as a replacement to Cliff Avril. Does he have any left in the tank?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a coaching candidate who has worked with the rookie of the year QB, who has coached a team to the best offense in the nfl, who coached a team to a super bowl, a man who has called plays for the nfl mvp.

a man with impeccable bloodlines, descended from the last coach to have an undefeated season.

he can be yours.....

Jeff Fischer?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Hue may have been dealt a garbage hand by his front office, but he is botching everything as terribly as possible in all directions.

There were two defensible courses of action to start the season:

1) Make Kizer the starter because everyone else is worthless, back him to the hilt, tailor the gameplan based on the fact that he's a raw rookie, and let him ride it out.
2) Accept that Kizer is a raw project and develop him offline while the other random scrubs take all the punishment and throws to garbage receivers all day.

Instead Hue keeps flip-flopping week to week, and even during the loving games, which is dumb as poo poo and basically the worst of all possible worlds.

Yep. I think you can defend either 1) or 2) as a viable strategy but you absolutely cannot defend wildly swinging from week to week.

It pains me to say it but Hue's gotta go.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

he can be yours.....

Here's the thing, why would Josh McDaniels take that job? He's too good for it, he can do better.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hue treats his QBs like hockey goaltenders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/923203275133935617

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Browns.

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/923202933851860993

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

poo poo I would too

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Did Ginn ever develop actual football skills?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

sean10mm posted:

Did Ginn ever develop actual football skills?

Is "somehow keep getting contracts" a football skill?

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Hue may have been dealt a garbage hand by his front office,

Has he? Or is this just another case of awful coaching making players look awful.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has he? Or is this just another case of awful coaching making players look awful.
We may find out next year!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This is always a chicken-egg problem to some extent, but I don't think anybody in the league wants any of their receivers, for instance.

I mean Hue being real bad is not up for debate anymore.

whypick1 posted:

Is "somehow keep getting contracts" a football skill?

Hiring the right agent is a skill of sorts, I guess?

Nov 6, 2002

I'm just reminded of how awful everyone on the Rams offense looked last year. And then we find out - surprise! They're actually good players!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I mean Hue being real bad is not up for debate anymore.

Agreed completely

You can get a pass for going 1-15

You don't for going 1-22

• Locked thread