Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I honestly want to play this god drat game and I have no idea how to feel about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Glazius posted:

FPS pizza adventures feels a lot like a kid's cartoon concept, if not for the dying.

And the butt plug in the toilet.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

someone awful. posted:

I honestly want to play this god drat game and I have no idea how to feel about it
It is one of the most fun and sometimes aggravating experiences you get in an FPS, if you are in a packed lobby. The start of any map that starts you in a narrow corridor, is cause for traffic jam conditions and it can take a minute to advance in the map. On easy and short maps, you might not even get far before it changes levels. Woe to you if you never played the map and don't know how to advance. You do get to experience how fun it is when your platoon mows down everything built for a few players and gradually advance through the hard areas with death traps and feel a sense of accomplishment through your skill. Save your position around death traps and watch people get gibbed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

someone awful. posted:

it's free, isn't it? dive in.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
As someone who has played a fair amount of Sven's some of this was painful.

Like the cheese maze.

screaming

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
At least it was well lit and not obscuring the map. I had lots of fun in completely dark areas that were basically hedge mazes and the extended group got lost for half an hour and I never saw more than three people.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Panzer's model is the mech suit from Appleseed, what is Kaubock's model?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Boris Grischenko from Goldeneye.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That's so very,very sad

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Alternately: Gabe Newell after getting liposuction

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

I guess he wasn't so invincible after all.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I miss Half-Life mods. This and Natural Selection took up way too much of my time in the 2000's.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I kinda do, too. I've played my fair share of stuff like Science&Industry, Firearms, and other stuff.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They Hunger was actually pretty legit as an old school survival horror zombie thing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Actual footage of Kaubocks recording the LP

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

don't dox me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Dan just posted the best segment of this year's Extra Life stream, and I encourage everyone in this thread to watch Kaubocks struggle to master the Wonderbook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH2mTdcHgUY

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Huh. That was... magical.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Night10194 posted:

They Hunger was actually pretty legit as an old school survival horror zombie thing.

the sven coop version is pretty neat. they added new weapons, like an over under and grease gun.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What exactly does hosting your own server do when it comes to modding?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Scalding Coffee posted:

What exactly does hosting your own server do when it comes to modding?

What do you mean? You need to have a server to play MP and obviously any 'ole server won't have the mods.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I used to think of servers as something that only gives you admin permissions and excellent ping. I don't know the details of having your own personal server when it comes to modding games.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
It lets you put any sweet-rear end MotD you want!

{CLAN [KKnD] KRUSH KILL 'n DESTROY OFFICAL SERVER}
~~MESS with the BEST
DIE like the REST~~

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

I used to think of servers as something that only gives you admin permissions and excellent ping. I don't know the details of having your own personal server when it comes to modding games.

Hosting your own server kind of doesn't do a whole lot? I don't know if you're familiar with Half Life or not, but basically all of the interesting stuff shown here is from the maps, not really the server or the mod. All hosting a server does is just let you slap a password on a multiplayer game and play with buds without randos barging in.

You can put like, plugins on the server that do stuff, but for the most part they're veeeery basic. Stuff like stat trackers, jukeboxes, custom announcers, etc. There's some fancier ones that do things like add a grappling hook, give you spells/commands/whatever that can slap/freeze/damage/kill/etc other players, but there's no visual component to any of them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Japanese pizza is gross, though. Corn and mayonnaise. No thanks. Hey, does Sven Co-op have support for Yo!Noid 2?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Look, making a pizza is a lot harder than you think. In fact, we still have more to do! But let's say, hypothetically, we eventually finish the pizza. Do you think anyone would be mad about that?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I loving lost it at the grenade segment and then the actual use for those grenades.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, no wonder delivery is so popular! This is a lot of work just to make a pizza, and I dunno if I could do it by myself at home. Thank you, Kaubocks, for teaching us more about the food industry and the brave men and women who make sacrifices for delicious food every day.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm having some pizza right now, so this is perfect timing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pink anime cat is going to starve to death at this rate.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I wish I was eating pizza right now. :(

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
God I hope pink anime cat tips you well for this.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love that the big boss monster has a napkin and knife and fork

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The dogs having human faces on them is a direct reference to the nightmare inducing Seaman title on the Sega Dreamcast.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
its not a sven coop map if there isnt a boss monster with way too much HP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6ebxFvrFw

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kuvo posted:

its not a sven coop map if there isnt a boss monster with way too much HP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6ebxFvrFw

Comments on that linked video, btw:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm sad that you didn't shoot to the music.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I think the loud-rear end gun sounds are a Sven Co-op specific thing since it replaces all of them I think. Pointlessly loud guns are a staple of crappy audio replacement packs too so it probably originates from there.

Are you planning on trying out any of the Half-Life maps? I ask because I know those have been modified a fair amount to work in co-op and it'd be interesting to see some of the changes (like new enemies) in action. Obviously not the entire game though, just a short section wherever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, could you please let the thread know about the next update 1 day ahead of time so i can prepare more pizza for dinner that day, tia

• Locked thread