Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chiefs fans: we will always have that week 1 win over New England

New England Fans: How in hell did the these Chiefs beat us so badly?

Seriously what's with the entire AFC West imploding at once though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I disagree. The defense performed very well today, considering all the turnovers the offense committed, and held the Ravens to 13 points up until the very end of the match. With Rodgers, the Packers commit maybe one turnover, and definitely score at least a pair of touchdowns -- which changes the game entirely, changes the strategic approach of both the Packers offense and defense.

Going from the best quarterback in the game to one of the worst changes the game completely. That said, it's a moot point since Rodgers isn't coming back until at least the Panthers game, and probably won't come back this season at all.

I agree but what I meant was that Rodgers coming in tomorrow fully healthy may not be able to "run the table" again. And by the time he could, the Packers could be 5-7 or 5-8. I doubt that even at 9-7 the Packers could make the playoffs. I'd rather have Rodgers sit. Come back next year after we all spend seven months praying for a positive change in the coaching staff.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Packers right now sorta strike me as being like the mid 2000s teams with Favre, albeit less embarrassing. Same principle though - they're an average at best team with an OK HC, a bad DC and all of the flaws are papered over by having a first ballot HoF QB on the roster.

----------------------

That was an ugly game from Buffalo.

The thing about Peterman is that while the Chargers' pass rush was loving him up early and often, most of the decisions he made were just poor ones. The only good throw he had on the game was the one to Kelvin Benjamin that ended with him getting his knee speared. It was bad poo poo all around. He's not an NFL QB and benching Taylor for him speaks for how poor of an idea it was just by watching the game.

Chargers matched up well against them to begin with but jesus christ Bills.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bills radio postgame:

http://v6.player.abacast.net/2103

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

New England Fans: How in hell did the these Chiefs beat us so badly?

Seriously what's with the entire AFC West imploding at once though

Chiefs have major injuries on defense and Alex Smith has come back down to earth after playing at an MVP level the first 5-6 weeks of the year. Their defense has completely fallen apart in pretty much any way you'd want to say.

Raiders are a much bigger mystery - I do think some of it is bringing on a new OC, but their WRs have severely underperformed for most of the year - Carr has some passes that were on point that they just whiffed on today, and that's been a microcosm of their season.

Broncos have no legitimate QB, their o-line is a wet paper bag and frankly their coaching blows. Knives are out for Mike McCoy now, even though Elway was the guy who whiffed on drafting QBs/o-line.

The Chargers are the Chargers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:stare:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How could you kill a rookie's career like that?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

There's a chance the Chargers can get into the playoffs now if the rest of the AFCW plummets the way everybody else did this week.

This has been a loving weird season.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol if you think Andy Reid will let mahomes play a down this year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lol if you think Andy Reid will let mahomes play a down this year

He still...probably shouldn't? Well he should if they're out of playoff contention but that isn't happening in this AFC year.

Or he should if the Chiefs blow anyone out by 40 but that also isn't happening.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, I just can't think of anything to really say after that game. Patriots are rounding well into form and just massacred the Raiders today.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
LMAO at the incompetent-rear end Bills.

First comment on this is loving gold.

https://deadspin.com/nathan-peterman-threw-five-picks-on-his-first-fourteen-1820591691

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who could possibly have seen this coming, other than literally any human being who bore witness to a single down of college football played by one Mr. Nathaniel Peterman

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Darryl Johnston apologizing for Peterman constantly was bizarre.

Like, I know announcers get their talking points from the teams but Jesus Christ at some point admit the man was terrible.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Kalli posted:

Man, I just can't think of anything to really say after that game. Patriots are rounding well into form and just massacred the Raiders today.

I'm shocked the Patriots are a good team. Well not that shocked.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

who could possibly have seen this coming, other than literally any human being who bore witness to a single down of college football played by one Mr. Nathaniel Peterman

actually that's not fair, there were downs where he wasn't offensively awful, like when he was handing the ball to James Connor.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

Like, I know announcers get their talking points from the teams but Jesus Christ at some point admit the man was terrible.

Usually the color guys say stuff like "I talked with the coach this week and he thinks..." but Darryl Johnston was just repeating everything like it was gospel

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I'm glad the Patriots won.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jay Cutler is in concussion protocol because when asked the initial questions, he just shrugged, pulled a zippo out of his groin and lit up a butt.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I still can't believe the phrase "if he becomes the starter again" was used in reference to Taylor.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

He still...probably shouldn't? Well he should if they're out of playoff contention but that isn't happening in this AFC year.

Or he should if the Chiefs blow anyone out by 40 but that also isn't happening.
He absolutely should. Accidentally galling into a 2 game lead in a traah division doesn't signify that the Chiefs are a contender.

They are 1-4 over the last 6 weeks and Alex is further regressing over each week. He and the Offense have been figured out.

There's no future with Alex and the 33 year old QB isn't going to grow. It's time to move forward.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Welp I got to travel 7k miles to watch the worst Packer game in the last 20 years.

Or possibly ever, the defense somehow made it within reach, and Harbaugh basically dared us to throw against single coverage and we couldn't.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm at Knotts Berry Farm and just looked up the score and I can't fathom how the Chargers blew ANYONE out, let alone scoring 54 points

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

a neat cape posted:

I'm at Knotts Berry Farm and just looked up the score and I can't fathom how the Chargers blew ANYONE out, let alone scoring 54 points

Nathan Peterman

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Abugadu posted:

Welp I got to travel 7k miles to watch the worst Packer game in the last 20 years.

Or possibly ever, the defense somehow made it within reach, and Harbaugh basically dared us to throw against single coverage and we couldn't.

you live in anchorage?!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I hope Paxton's shoulder or whatever is finally healed because good lord do I not want to watch Brock or Trevor anymore. I'll probably end up regretting this post but seriously those two are proven tire fires.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

There's no future with Alex and the 33 year old QB isn't going to grow. It's time to move forward.

It's more about Mahomes needing time to learn the game. He's got all the physical talent in the world but I'm more than comfortable saying he should sit out this year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

It's more about Mahomes needing time to learn the game. He's got all the physical talent in the world but I'm more than comfortable saying he should sit out this year.
He needs to learn from playing. Can't do it from the bench.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

He needs to learn from playing. Can't do it from the bench.

Aaron Rodgers would disagree.

Actually he probably wouldn't because he's a giant pile of seething anger over any perceived slight. But the experience of Aaron Rodgers sitting seems to be an obviously good thing.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 20, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

A great weekend destination by a great person!

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

a neat cape posted:

The Bills are somehow a more disfuncional franchise than the Chargers.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Abugadu posted:

Owned

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

A hilarious take on a novel situation. Let us all revel in A Neat Cape's ability to cut to the chase

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Aaron Rodgers would disagree.
There's a bunch of other QB's that played and learned from loving up. I'm not buying that he needs to sit an entire year.

There's no way you can convince me the best move is to start a QB that the Head Coach trusts so little, ge calls for Travis Kelce to throw deep.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 20, 2017

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Chad Henne wass either rocking a Fu-man-chu or a boring goatee today. It was hard to tell.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Things are looking suspiciously good for the Vikings. How will their season end?

A. Keenum gets off to an awful start on Thanksgiving, Teddy comes into the game and gets injured, Keenum's confidence is destroyed and the team loses out.

B. Host Seattle in the wild-card, lose to a game-winning field goal by Blair Walsh.

C. Lose on Thanksgiving, win the rest of their games, lose in the divisional round to the Lions a la the 1999 Jaguars.

D. Lose in the NFC Championship at home to the Saints after every quarterback is injured, Saints win the Super Bowl in Minnesota two weeks later.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

The Bills started a rookie QB who ended up throwing five picks against the Chargers D including a pick six. They had short fields to work with all day and it didn't help that the Bills' defense has utterly collapsed since they offloaded Dareus.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

Things are looking suspiciously good for the Vikings. How will their season end?

A. Keenum gets off to an awful start on Thanksgiving, Teddy comes into the game and gets injured, Keenum's confidence is destroyed and the team loses out.

B. Host Seattle in the wild-card, lose to a game-winning field goal by Blair Walsh.

C. Lose on Thanksgiving, win the rest of their games, lose in the divisional round to the Lions a la the 1999 Jaguars.

D. Lose in the NFC Championship at home to the Saints after every quarterback is injured, Saints win the Super Bowl in Minnesota two weeks later.

Obviously I'm hoping for D but it would involve the Saints organization putting a bounty on a Vikings QB and that honestly smacks of wasting good money

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ketchup vs catsup posted:

you live in anchorage?!
Abugadu lives in Guam.

Why on earth do I know that? When did I learn that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Packers need to start planning for life without Rodgers. He's getting into the age when most QBs start to regress. He's on the back nine of his career.

• Locked thread