Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most interesting conference championship game
This poll is closed.
American Athletic 15 10.07%
Atlantic Coast 29 19.46%
Big 12 14 9.40%
Big Ten 38 25.50%
Conference USA 5 3.36%
Mid-American 4 2.68%
Mountain West 1 0.67%
Pacific-12 2 1.34%
Southeastern 41 27.52%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

single-mode fiber posted:

That seems too high by an order of magnitude compared to other conferences, but I guess in the SEC, It Just Means More

It's because the penalties increase after each field rush (with it resetting after so many years). Auburn is in the max penalty because of the kick six field rush (2013), and rushing the basketball court after beating Kentucky last year (or maybe the year before I can't remember).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa dropped 50 on Nebraska for the second consecutive year and got a very nice old man fired, the weekend was good. Super annoying to watch at times this year, but they wound up about where I expected record wise despite the line getting destroyed with injuries and the schedule being even tougher than expected (4th hardest by Sagrin). Oh and we loving smoked Ohio State which owned. Next year looks like it could be pretty good if they can figure out linebacker, which they usually do. Go win some lovely bowl game finally, please.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was wondering what the third one was? Rushing the court? Different facility, that shouldn't count against football rushing fines!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scarf posted:

I certainly don't want to have to play them again...

Buddy...same

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU has 10 wins two seasons in a row and were 4 points away from going undefeated. Those losses were gut punches but overall and it's another phenomenal season and another new years 6 game. Excellent season and a really fun team to watch play. Barkley and McSorely are legend status here now

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Oklahoma might actually be good at football, which is weird to think about.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Quandary posted:

Oklahoma might actually be good at football, which is weird to think about.

*looks back at 17 years of incredible success*

Is it?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

wernox posted:

I'm still kinda embarrassed that I rushed the field for a win over Indiana.

I rushed the field at Michigan in 2011 when a ranked Michigan team beat a .500 Ohio State team. Nothing will be sadder than that but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BenjaminKnox/status/934505352036483082

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... what?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

iospace posted:

... what?

Seems pretty self-explanatory.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well Notre Dame losing might very well push VT down the bowl pecking order since they count for ours now. Maybe probably somewhere in Florida still though?

I don't know that we should play a particularly good team because I think it would be ugly. 2 10 win seasons in a row again would be cool, but I think we're going to draw a tough enough opponent that I likely won't feel confident about it, the offense just hasn't been right in the 2nd half of the season.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Lools like it's fine now, back to selling tacky wannabe Thomas Kincade Aggie crap.

http://www.benjaminknox.com

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

this crosseyed-rear end dog has me lol'in

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Texas vs aggy in the Texas bowl make it happen

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

G-Hawk posted:

Texas vs aggy in the Texas bowl make it happen

no please dont, I want us to lose so we ensure Tim Beck is fired into the sun and I dont think I can stomach a loss to A&M. the last memory they need of us is getting Case McCoy'd

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Kids in the stands throwing poo poo on the field had a better arm than Jake Bentley last night.

HEY WE SCORED 3 MORE POINTS THAN WE DID LAST YEAR #PROGRESS

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Technowrite posted:

Kids in the stands throwing poo poo on the field had a better arm than Jake Bentley last night.

HEY WE SCORED 3 MORE POINTS THAN WE DID LAST YEAR #PROGRESS

Word on the street is that Bentley sucks this year because he got a girlfriend. Yes, really.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

no please dont, I want us to lose so we ensure Tim Beck is fired into the sun and I dont think I can stomach a loss to A&M. the last memory they need of us is getting Case McCoy'd

im skeptical a bowl loss is gonna send him packing if he isnt already

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RumbleFish posted:

Word on the street is that Bentley sucks this year because he got a girlfriend. Yes, really.

Blaming anything that goes wrong on evil girls is a classic Dumb Message Board Thing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

PSU has 10 wins two seasons in a row and were 4 points away from going undefeated. Those losses were gut punches but overall and it's another phenomenal season and another new years 6 game. Excellent season and a really fun team to watch play. Barkley and McSorely are legend status here now

On one hand, four points away from being #1 and just a Wisconsin away from the playoffs.

On the other, less chance of getting maimed by Alabama?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean you were also like an inch from being 9-3 so

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky's loss was flat out embarrassing, not just for the final score but the initial fight and multiple personal fouls that followed because of hot tempers. I still think both Jordan Jones and Lamar Jackson should have been ejected for the initial brawl. If it had been anyone but Jackson involved they probably would have been.

The one bright spot yesterday, as always, was Benny Snell. 211 yards and 2 TDs. I don't think he even pays attention to the scoreboard, he's fighting til the end no matter what. He already has the UK total rushing TD record, season rushing TD record, and is first player in school history with consecutive 1000 yard seasons, and is only a sophomore. We better enjoy him while he's here because another season like that and there's no way he stays 4 years.

Seven wins should feel good for Kentucky, but the Florida and Ole Miss losses both arguably should have been wins, so 8 or 9 wins was definitely there for the taking, which makes the season feel a little disappointing. The defense was certainly disappointing. Stoops was brought in for defense but in 5 years we've never really been that good, if not flat out bad. Add in reported discord between players and coaches in the locker room, and some fans are getting restless and calling for changes.

In a way, I think losing this game and moving to a lower tier bowl might be good in the long run. Makes it so we play a team more on the same level, if not a little worse. And a bowl win to end the season will go a long way with the fan base. Last year just getting to a bowl was enough, but I think we need the win this year to lessen the disappointment a little.

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space
So would Oklahoma fans say the success is because Stoops is out? Would they be in the same position with him there?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Speaking of Jackson, he’s quietly almost identical statistically to last season with an even worse supporting cast and won’t sniff New York. I think Mayfield should and will win anyway so whatever I guess, but it’s crazy how ignored Jackson’s been this year just because their defense fell apart. He’s had an all time great 2 year run individually.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MyStereoHasMono posted:

So would Oklahoma fans say the success is because Stoops is out? Would they be in the same position with him there?

I will go out on a limb and say they probably could have won 11 games and the Big Twelve with the coach with who did that basically every loving year for almost 2 decades.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

*looks back at 17 years of incredible success*

Is it?

I mean yeah we're almost always top 10-20 quality, but usually we're a distinct step below the top tier teams and this year it legitimately feels like we could compete with anyone in the country.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
you finished in the top 5 the last two years and have played in 4 championship or playoff games in recent memory come on

i can’t believe I have to regularly defend a coach who won like 80% of his games

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 26, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MyStereoHasMono posted:

an inexplicable home loss to Iowa State is very Stoops like

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

MourningView posted:

you finished in the top 5 the last two years and have played in 4 championship or playoff games in recent memory come on

i can’t believe I have to regularly defend a coach who won like 80% of his games

he was like 10-7 winning the Big 12 vs not winning the big 12

and a loving natty

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Lord. A girlfriend?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MyStereoHasMono posted:

I think it would have been similar, mostly due to the fact that Lincoln Riley is so drat good at running his offense.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

an inexplicable home loss to Iowa State is very Stoops like

He never lost to Iowa State!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Does anyone know if Tre Bryant was granted a medical redshirt at Nebraska? Last I heard they were trying for one last month.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wa27 posted:

Does anyone know if Tre Bryant was granted a medical redshirt at Nebraska? Last I heard they were trying for one last month.

You probably won’t find out for a few more months, they take for loving ever, it’s awful.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Schiano to Tennessee, Mullen to Florida. Guess Nebraska got Frost :o:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGoVRlnj3A&t=5025s

Can someone please explain how this was called as incomplete? Video quality sucks on the live play but there are three replays that show a completed catch and the receiver turning into a run.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Greg Schiano looks like an rear end in a top hat.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Also Volnation.com is a real fun time right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Zurreco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGoVRlnj3A&t=5025s

Can someone please explain how this was called as incomplete? Video quality sucks on the live play but there are three replays that show a completed catch and the receiver turning into a run.

I can't tell you because the retard filming his tv screen has cerebral palsy.

• Locked thread