Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So I guess Jalen Hurts is the biggest name free agent this offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Jalen is going to be Najee's backup

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

well i've made it through the night i just keep reminding myself:

1) at least it wasnt tennessee that lost
2) at least we beat kentucky the other day
3) its probably not worth killing myself over

gently caress between this last season and this its been a hard last few months though

e:
4) UCF real national champions

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm so excited for next year. Tua has to have people making GBS threads themselves

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's badass that they switched QB's and then won

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Woke up to a few fellow USC fans crowing about UGA losing.

Reminded them that UGA played for a title last night and USC won bloomin’ onions for the country.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Which I didn't even know about until like the Wednesday after, so thanks SBNation guy

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 9, 2018

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I am exhausted today

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Raku posted:

I'm so excited for next year. Tua has to have people making GBS threads themselves

How is the defense looking?

Emron posted:

I am exhausted today

Me, too. I stayed up really late.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Was Georgia going to house that blocked punt that got called back?

If so, fix was in, refs gave Bama another title, UCF real champs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SourKraut posted:

At least 2018 is proving to be just as lovely already as 2017 was!

Fear not friend, there is still a chance for the Cubs to win the World Series and the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

Then it will be just as lovely.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I think teams in scrub divisions shouldn't go to playoffs because I'm an oldschool jerk but gently caress Bama forever, UCF real champs 2017

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

It was a false start anyway so the play would have been dead. They saw the movement just called the wrong team on it

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Was Georgia going to house that blocked punt that got called back?

If so, fix was in, refs gave Bama another title, UCF real champs

This is maybe the worst bad call to harp on, because it should have been a false start, which would have just blown the play dead and resulted in a second punt anyway. A true connoisseur would choose the face mask on the 15-yard sack. Step your game up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

It was a false start anyway so the play would have been dead. They saw the movement just called the wrong team on it

Hmmm, OK fair enough

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
UCF still 2018 champs

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

UCF still 2018 champs

Qtiyd

I'm down

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I think Alabama fans will gnash their teeth about the split title more than Georgia fans would.

UCF champs

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I'd have to really see the breakdown but my gut sense was that Sony Michel looked like Georgia's best player and didn't get the ball enough, and those Wildcat possessions seemed too conservative.

Definitely right on #1. Love me some Chubb, but there's just more stuff you can do with Michel. Chubb was best this season when he'd be fresh in the third quarter because of UGA's RB depth and then just wear people down, but you don't ever wear Bama down. Also wish Swift got more touches, like some slants.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LLCoolJD posted:

How is the defense looking?

Well seeing as we can't possibly have every single loving linebacker injured at the same time again, probably better than this year.

Also I slept for three hours roll tide I hate wprk

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I think Alabama fans will gnash their teeth about the split title more than Georgia fans would.

UCF champs

The team who wins them sparingly if at all is easily going to be more incensed about the idea of sharing.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

In 2018 I’m thinking about being one of those guys who hatewatches a game and posts “holding?” on every play

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Unsurprisingly,

https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/950755960275984384

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

gently caress the AP poll. I'm still disgusted about it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

PostNouveau posted:

UCF still 2018 champs

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Wish the best for him.

Edit: posted this in the other thread but this really sucked. Mercedes Benz Stadium lol

Did it get mentioned in the GDT what a cluster it was getting into the stadium last night? 2 hours in 40 degree light rain. Trump shut things down for a bit then some gates stopped working. Worst experience like that I’ve ever had.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Eason to UW is like a "rich getting richer" type of thing.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Lol the AP poll is hosed big time. You need to at least put UCF in at 3 at the absolute lowest. Putting them at 6 is a goddamn insult

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Technowrite posted:

Woke up to a few fellow USC fans crowing about UGA losing.

Reminded them that UGA played for a title last night and USC won bloomin’ onions for the country.

You gotta take the Ws where you can. Georgia and Clemson both making the playoff was a nightmare scenario, so to have somehow escaped that ordeal with neither of them winning is a relief. It's not something I'm gonna be talking poo poo about, but I'm pleased with the outcome.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I thought maybe Miami since he already had a relationship with Richt but that makes sense too.

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

Scionix posted:

by the way tua in the postgame described in detail what his read of the coverage was (it was right) and how he looked off the safety to the other side of the field

yall are hosed :twisted:

Dom Sanders, with his 8 million games started at safety, was in Cover 2 and shouldn't have even been looking at Tua. For fucks sake he had the deep boundary to cover with 1 WR on his side. Had he played it correctly he at least would have been in position to make a play instead of trying to be a hero reading Tua and sneaking over to the other side of the field.

Great game, but talk about a lovely way to lose it all.

Tua and Najee are going to be ridiculous.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Well that's an interesting development. I know for next season, Browning will play it out. But after that, I have no idea. We just signed to recruits for quarterback, I wonder if Petersen is planning to play them in different positions.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Well that's an interesting development. I know for next season, Browning will play it out. But after that, I have no idea. We just signed to recruits for quarterback, I wonder if Petersen is planning to play them in different positions.

Well he only has 2 years left of eligibility since Kirby burned his opportunity for a medical redshirt this year. So I would assume it would be a QB battle this year with Browning, next year Eason would be the starter and then leave, opening it up for your QB recruits of this year to take over.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

iospace posted:

Fear not friend, there is still a chance for the CubsYankees to win the World Series and the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

Then it will be just as lovely.

FTFY. And don’t forget the Blackhawks for the Stanley Cup and Golden State for the NBA Finals

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I think that, in these troubling times of nuclear proliferation, terrorism, and economic hardship, that one thing, an Alabama title, provides us with a little sense of stability and normality in this crazy hectic world. Thank you Nick Saben.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BunLengthHotDog posted:

Dom Sanders, with his 8 million games started at safety, was in Cover 2 and shouldn't have even been looking at Tua. For fucks sake he had the deep boundary to cover with 1 WR on his side. Had he played it correctly he at least would have been in position to make a play instead of trying to be a hero reading Tua and sneaking over to the other side of the field.

Great game, but talk about a lovely way to lose it all.

Tua and Najee are going to be ridiculous.

The corner also absolutely needs to slow the WR down and not get roasted in that coverage. Two guys hosed up big time there, but the safety hosed up worse for sure.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

blugu64 posted:

I think that, in these troubling times of nuclear proliferation, terrorism, and economic hardship, that one thing, an Alabama title, provides us with a little sense of stability and normality in this crazy hectic world. Thank you Nick Saben.

Economic hardship?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well he only has 2 years left of eligibility since Kirby burned his opportunity for a medical redshirt this year. So I would assume it would be a QB battle this year with Browning, next year Eason would be the starter and then leave, opening it up for your QB recruits of this year to take over.

He won't be able to play next year because of the transfer rules, but would be eligible in 2019 and have 2 seasons of eligibility left then.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I know poo poo happens and he's good-looking and will probably eventually be rich, but I can't keep feeling like we did Eason wrong, tbh. He always could've just peaced out on UGA during the transition, but he stayed loyal. Having him come in to hand the ball off to the 4th/5th string RBs, then not ever using him at all...bummed me out. But like I said, poo poo happens.

Washington fans: Eason throws a beautiful deep ball. Not the greatest at going through his reads. But really, we know nothing about 2019 Jacob Eason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Chris Petersen is a quarterback whisperer so I'm sure Eason will be fine

• Locked thread