Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is why we need that paywall built

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

when sa was popular people would read it without being part of the "community"

Naked Snaked voice: Disgusting!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Jay Rust posted:

This is why we need that paywall built

And we'll make Reddit pay for it. #MSAGA

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Naked Snaked voice: Disgusting!
[reading posts from actual members] I want some more!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

oddium posted:

when sa was popular people would read it without being part of the "community"

I thought it was to throw off bots? Any real person can just read that post and fill in the blank

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the first letter of posts are blcoked out to randos

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxvC647Yi0A

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

the first letter of posts are blcoked out to randos

Oh huh I didn't know that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Macaluso posted:

Oh huh I didn't know that

hey..... "april fools " :twisted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah haha its a joke

actually you have to login to read vowels

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a very loving secret feature. gently caress, it's very important

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

hey..... "april fools " :twisted:

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

today's video game status: trying to split up my time between sleeping dogs, mechwarrior online, and dragon quest builders

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Couple things still annoying me about nnk2 even though i havent played in 2-3 days

-you cant change characters mid fight unless you die but your npc buds get themselves killed constantly against bigger bosses and you're stuck watching them get hit by easy to dodge lasers and wasting your revives on them because even if you have 99 of them you only get a limited number in fights

-skills require both mana pips and a full weapon gauge to use and it ends up limiting your use of them too severely for my tastes but thats alright because

-skill animations often take so long the enemy is somewhere else when the move finally comes out (especially for chars like bracken)

-and new skills get learned so infrequently anyway that you'll be bored of the ones you have and wont use them much against the pushover enemies that die quick to spamming light attack.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

-you cant change characters mid fight unless you die but your npc buds get themselves killed constantly against bigger bosses and you're stuck watching them get hit by easy to dodge lasers and wasting your revives on them because even if you have 99 of them you only get a limited number in fights

Up and down on your directional pad should switch between your current three. I just wish there was a way to tag in the others.

quote:

-skills require both mana pips and a full weapon gauge to use and it ends up limiting your use of them too severely for my tastes but thats alright because

A full weapon gauge makes skills stronger, but isn't strictly required for use. You can get the same effect at any time by holding down the skill buttons to suck up higgledies, as long as you have enough in the right element. The skill lists should show which ones you need.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Also you can learn magic as well to make up for slow skill acquisition.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Really Pants posted:

Up and down on your directional pad should switch between your current three. I just wish there was a way to tag in the others

Fuuucckkkk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I threw out almost all of my housemate's expired food but there were unopened rice cakes and the Best By date was only 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol if there arent hoarders in your extended family

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my dad cleans out his pantry every twenty years or so, it can be kind of fun to see all the old brand packaging and poo poo on cans of soup or spices or whatever

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I platinumed Okami HD today, and now I'm sad again that there's never going to be another.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr E posted:

I platinumed Okami HD today, and now I'm sad again that there's never going to be another.

Get the ds one

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Get the ds one

Or don't

:whitewater:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I got past the tutorial of Far Cry 5 onPS4 and now I'm in installation hell. In 40+ minutes, it went from 75% all the way up to...76%

I deleted the entire install to start over

It went at normal speed until 74% and now it's just molasses again \.

This is hell

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/mahadopower/status/980521449067757568

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The revelations 2 bonus episode is a 4 part episode with a survival gimmick that you only have a limited number of retries before you have to start over from the beginning. The third part is a instafail stealth area :thumbsup:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the gently caress is this poo poo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

The revelations 2 bonus episode is a 4 part episode with a survival gimmick that you only have a limited number of retries before you have to start over from the beginning. The third part is a instafail stealth area :thumbsup:
sounds fairly epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was actually kinda cool, it's like a 30 minute mode that's half a fake Mercenaries and half a survival game thing where you have a set amount of time to gather meat and ammo before he next Mercenaries map. I'll do the Natalia mission tonight (idk what this will play like bc her whole design was that she was a helpless child who could just point at enemies and say A monsters coming!) and that's every mainline RE game done. A wild journey these past few months

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

well they would've called it retroark but that name's sorta taken

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

It was actually kinda cool, it's like a 30 minute mode that's half a fake Mercenaries and half a survival game thing where you have a set amount of time to gather meat and ammo before he next Mercenaries map. I'll do the Natalia mission tonight (idk what this will play like bc her whole design was that she was a helpless child who could just point at enemies and say A monsters coming!) and that's every mainline RE game done. A wild journey these past few months

What does your RE tier list look like

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

What does your RE tier list look like

I just started working on it...shall be posting soon. Although i want to replay the Wii lightgun games and try to play the online PS2 games, but I probably wouldn't consider them in a mainline tierlist anyways

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB and I decided to pick up some booze

I have no idea if these are good, they were just at the sheetz and it was a name I didn't recognize and it stood out so I figured what the hell.

Will do a trip report back.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

In Training posted:

Um she can also throw bricks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

KCB and I decided to pick up some booze

I have no idea if these are good, they were just at the sheetz and it was a name I didn't recognize and it stood out so I figured what the hell.

Will do a trip report back.

Moonshine is only as bad as the flavor added usually

Edit: is that moonshine? I see mason jar thats where my mind goes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Gaiden

Missing but I still plan to play: Operation Raccoon City, the 4 light gun games, Resident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil 1 (PSX)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Moonshine is only as bad as the flavor added usually

Edit: is that moonshine? I see mason jar thats where my mind goes

it looks like boutiquey cider

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh they are stealing moonshines thing

In Training posted:

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Gaiden

Missing but I still plan to play: Operation Raccoon City, the 4 light gun games, Resident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil 1 (PSX)

Gonna play that pvp shooter from 2 years ago?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If it's F2P I'll download it but uhhh probably not because I've heard it's horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

Gonna play that pvp shooter from 2 years ago?

The only single player mode is a horde mode. It is trash.

• Locked thread