Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadina
Apr 29, 2008
Applied to Goonsquad as GunnaDie if there is any room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Avynte posted:

"Oh hey, a UW drop for Fluss. That's one good looking waif--...wait" :gay:

Fluss does have good character design.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Is there a good rundown on how to get Gladi/May/Veronica? I tried to google it but there seems to be some sort of revamp that went through and possibly another potential revamp, so I'm not super confident in any of this stuff I found.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Is there a good rundown on how to get Gladi/May/Veronica? I tried to google it but there seems to be some sort of revamp that went through and possibly another potential revamp, so I'm not super confident in any of this stuff I found.

Farm 900k dragon coins -> buy the boxes from the dude at the Forge under the Misc. category -> give that stuff to the NPC of choice -> repeat weekly

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Your choices are basically to spend dragon coins on the boxes in the Misc section, or spend rubies for the same thing if you want to go faster. You can craft items for them if you have or buy the old items (friendship points only I think), but that's a pretty niche case now. It takes 2x 300k and 5x 50k...? I think for the Dragon Coin purchases. So takes a fair amount of runs per week to max it out, but it's better than the old grinding T3 items method.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

That is a lot of dragon coins. Maybe I'll do that...later. When I can actually do high-level dragons without being the deadweight in the raid with a single underlevelled dead guy while the others do all the work.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

That is a lot of dragon coins. Maybe I'll do that...later. When I can actually do high-level dragons without being the deadweight in the raid with a single underlevelled dead guy while the others do all the work.

What's your name in game? If you're online next time I go dragon farming I'll drag you along. :)

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I just picked this up a few days ago and am enjoying it, though I feel like I made a somewhat poor choice for my 3* selection. I see there is no room in the guild, but if a spot opens up I would love to get in. SacSquid ingame if anyone wants to friend me or to carry through dragons.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there a list of overflow guilds? Goonsquad is full.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Not sure if there is, but a few folks haven't logged in for three days and I think some inactives got purged a day or few ago.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

What's your name in game? If you're online next time I go dragon farming I'll drag you along. :)

MoreTaxWhen, due to the character limit.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Looking to get into the guild on Raiuny once we've got some room.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Have twofour guild spots free, will be able to add another 3 here shortly when we can level up again.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 16, 2018

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I'd like to join as olds216.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Applied for goonsquad as lantan

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've kinda reached a plateau now, all my Heroes at T1 now, lvl 60-63 but I just cannot beat the end boss on Chapter 6 on Normal now. I'm not really sure what to do, keep grinding conquests until my heroes are better? Stuck on the Tower of Challenge at floor 45 as well. Perhaps need to grid some more T6 dragon gear as well.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Aramoro posted:

I've kinda reached a plateau now, all my Heroes at T1 now, lvl 60-63 but I just cannot beat the end boss on Chapter 6 on Normal now. I'm not really sure what to do, keep grinding conquests until my heroes are better? Stuck on the Tower of Challenge at floor 45 as well. Perhaps need to grid some more T6 dragon gear as well.

Did you use the T6 legendary 4-items pack ?
Anyway, chapter 6 was the original endgame, after getting past 6-21 easy there's a bunch of consecutive plateaus (completing 6-21 normal, then hell, then 7-1 easy, then 7-12 normal), getting close to the level cap is pretty much necessary to get past them.

My 5th character got to 80, I can confirm now that Artemia is not as good as other m.dps characters. She simply doesn't pull as much weight as other characters with some kind of party utility. I'll review her after leveling all the other characters.

Got Mitra at the inn - yay/nay? Considering I feel like I just miss Sonia/Aisha for my full 8-characters m.dps team. I know he's the p.dps version of Lorraine, except for CC - so, godly for boss fights, terrible for everything else. But I have zero (well, bar Roi and Clause) p.dps characters.

edit:
now that I think about it, I need some T7 BD gear now. Is it reasonable to attempt farming it solo?

Char fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 16, 2018

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Char posted:

Did you use the T6 legendary 4-items pack ?
Anyway, chapter 6 was the original endgame, after getting past 6-21 easy there's a bunch of consecutive plateaus (completing 6-21 normal, then hell, then 7-1 easy, then 7-12 normal), getting close to the level cap is pretty much necessary to get past them.

Are the legendary items the ones you get from the Dragons? I've been working on those , Put a Frost set on my tank, Fire sets on my DPS. Right now I'm mixing damage types, with Miruru and Maria in my mid spots, Clause upfront with either Baudouin or Frey in my mids. The other heroes I've got are just my starters really and Selene. Should I perhaps level Cleo up and have more Magic based damage with Baudouin, Maria, Cleo and Clause?

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Are the legendary items the ones you get from the Dragons? I've been working on those , Put a Frost set on my tank, Fire sets on my DPS. Right now I'm mixing damage types, with Miruru and Maria in my mid spots, Clause upfront with either Baudouin or Frey in my mids. The other heroes I've got are just my starters really and Selene. Should I perhaps level Cleo up and have more Magic based damage with Baudouin, Maria, Cleo and Clause?

Yes, the dragon sets.
When I started playing, one of the anniversary rewards was a box containing 4 legendary T6 items of your choice. The usual tip is creating 4 DPS black dragon items (Swift Darkness, mana regen on autoattack) with ATK/ATK Spd/Crit/Crit DMG (maybe one Lifesteal inbetween).

Doing that on my Theo made his dps skyrocket. I'm still using these items because I yet have to find good T7 BD replacements.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Char posted:

edit:
now that I think about it, I need some T7 BD gear now. Is it reasonable to attempt farming it solo?

You can really only farm it solo if you're already kinda stacked. I'm T5 with 4-star BD gear on my main DPS and I still have situations where I fail to solo (mostly because the dragon breathes the wrong direction).

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Char posted:

Yes, the dragon sets.
When I started playing, one of the anniversary rewards was a box containing 4 legendary T6 items of your choice. The usual tip is creating 4 DPS black dragon items (Swift Darkness, mana regen on autoattack) with ATK/ATK Spd/Crit/Crit DMG (maybe one Lifesteal inbetween).

Doing that on my Theo made his dps skyrocket. I'm still using these items because I yet have to find good T7 BD replacements.

ah ha< i'm been farming Fire Dragon stuff to improve my crits, I'll look for 60-69 BD raids then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, with very few exceptions, basically everyone uses Black Dragon gear because more mana = more skills = more dakka.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

You can really only farm it solo if you're already kinda stacked. I'm T5 with 4-star BD gear on my main DPS and I still have situations where I fail to solo (mostly because the dragon breathes the wrong direction).

What's the benchmark for hard-solo, instead? The other plan was to farm scales, but right now I can't survive more than 15 seconds.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Char posted:

Yes, the dragon sets.

I just realized I haven't used my T6 legendary items pack yet. How do you choose the 4th option on it? Seems like I only get the option to customize the +5, +10 and +15 bonus, but not the +20?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Char posted:

What's the benchmark for hard-solo, instead? The other plan was to farm scales, but right now I can't survive more than 15 seconds.

The Hard Mode dragons? They're even rougher than normal.

I'll try to throw out a call for people next time I go BD farming. I can usually solo it, so you don't need to bring anything, but I'd be super happy with a Rephy or Kaulah if you have it. :v:

ihatepants posted:

I just realized I haven't used my T6 legendary items pack yet. How do you choose the 4th option on it? Seems like I only get the option to customize the +5, +10 and +15 bonus, but not the +20?

Yeah, for the T6 stuff you only get to set three options and the last one is random. Still, a 3-line BD gear is decent enough for your primary dpser.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

DemonMage posted:

Have twofour guild spots free, will be able to add another 3 here shortly when we can level up again.

Cool, got an application in on Raiuny.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

The Hard Mode dragons? They're even rougher than normal.

I'll try to throw out a call for people next time I go BD farming. I can usually solo it, so you don't need to bring anything, but I'd be super happy with a Rephy or Kaulah if you have it. :v:

Yeah, for the T6 stuff you only get to set three options and the last one is random. Still, a 3-line BD gear is decent enough for your primary dpser.

I'm on EU! Well, I'll find a way somehow.

I'm 100% sure I chose all my 4 lines on the gear I got through the anniversary pack.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Char posted:

I'm on EU! Well, I'll find a way somehow.

I'm 100% sure I chose all my 4 lines on the gear I got through the anniversary pack.

There's actually two sets of gear you get from the new player stuff - a T5 version where you get to pick all four lines, and a T6 version where you get to pick three lines.

Edit, as to not double post: My Selene has been on fire today. New GR and WB records both! :toot:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 16, 2018

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Should I use the noob UW ticket to 1* a dps or get Frey's? Frey is the only party member without a UW.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

grrarg posted:

Should I use the noob UW ticket to 1* a dps or get Frey's? Frey is the only party member without a UW.

Frey's uw.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Just started the game, asked to join the guild as Eddain.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
It's a fun game, but the community has to be built off the worst people posting on Reddit and 4chan.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bell_ posted:

It's a fun game, but the community has to be built off the worst people posting on Reddit and 4chan.

Yes this is a phone gamr.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
With boobs

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Discord server if people want to try using that and if you want to put in the OP Tagichatn.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Applied as MagicTree.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So it seems basically impossible to drop out of Platinum 1 when you get there. I have so far won no matches as everyone is rocking lvl 80 T4 heroes but as it matches you against an offline opponent then interrupts your match to let someone online push your poo poo in so you always win one then lose one. So I can never win matches, nor get to a level where I can even play in them. Just hit repeat + auto and let it run 3 times. It's a fairly weird experience.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

I’m not sure what happened but my account seems to have vanished. Not a big deal since I was only a couple of days in, but can you kick my old account (Raiuny) and accept my new application (Tifareth)?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Weird. Did you try linking it with Google or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Bell_ posted:

Weird. Did you try linking it with Google or anything?

Yeah had it linked with my FB account but when I went to log in it was a fresh account. Oh well like I said I hadn’t done much yet so I’m not too broken up about it.