Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
has anyone said brazil.txt yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone said turr demeister yet? cuz it's a hilarious name

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/clabrow/status/982631145769783301

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Discendo Vox posted:

has anyone said zaurgcoin yet

i asked that question before and the answer was actually yes! i forget who, though

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

personally i think zaurg is an elaborate and subtle troll and always has been even before he started talking about shitcoins

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

i asked that question before and the answer was actually yes! i forget who, though

if only we had some sort of blockchain....

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

if only we had some sort of blockchain....

:vince:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

lol that thread

https://twitter.com/clabrow/status/982659514896809984

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

personally i think zaurg is an elaborate and subtle troll and always has been even before he started talking about shitcoins

That sounds like entirely too much effort.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Fame Douglas posted:

That sounds like entirely too much effort.

some people really get off on getting called an idiot

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I have finished writing up the bad bitcoin book by the Austrian Economics bitcoin nut. my review is way better than the book.

the hilarious bit is when I realised he was actually writing to try to convince Austrian School nocoiners that Bitcoin so too was "sound money." though he never actually addresses their arguments directly, let alone by name, because he don't roll like that.

i also spent all day playing pigeon chess on twitter with gibbering loving lunatic Bitcoin Maximalists.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Well, it finally happened. I mentioned in the grey thread that my cousin "went in with a buddy" on a mining rig/gaming PC a few weeks ago.

Now, he's trying to get me go to in on something called Raven Coin. Always knew it was just a matter of time.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

divabot posted:

I have finished writing up the bad bitcoin book by the Austrian Economics bitcoin nut. my review is way better than the book.

the hilarious bit is when I realised he was actually writing to try to convince Austrian School nocoiners that Bitcoin so too was "sound money." though he never actually addresses their arguments directly, let alone by name, because he don't roll like that.

i also spent all day playing pigeon chess on twitter with gibbering loving lunatic Bitcoin Maximalists.

tangential, but whatever does your reflow for mobile is poop from a butt. it's real bad and actually distracting to read

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

divabot posted:

Thx for this

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

divabot posted:

I would say a more apt comparison is Taikyoku Shogi.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

infernal machines posted:

tangential, but whatever does your reflow for mobile is poop from a butt. it's real bad and actually distracting to read

well that's annoying. let me guess, did weird poo poo with the book cover? i need to work out what to do with those.

the theme is A1 FREE EDITION cos i'm cheap. i occasionally tweak the CSS.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

has anyone said brazil.txt yet

:ssh: That is not permitted here because the mods are negative rapists.

“What’s ‘negative rape’?” Satoshi asked.

“Just what you might think it is. What you and we call rape is forcing somebody to have sex even if they don’t want it. Negative rape is forcing someone not to have sex, even if they and their prospective partner do want it. It is a very common problem in your society. Two people want to get it on but some third party forces them to stop. This of course is a great way to assert power for that third party. It takes a lot of power to override the natural sex drive,” Angel explained.

It means men with guns don't let adults have sex with children and libertarians think that's a bad thing :suicide:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

has anyone said

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

has anyone said

it was my first word:3:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982663242307731457

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I would like to find out the criteria for quantifying moneyness, because I bet we could come up with some really retarded poo poo that has even more moneyness than bitcoin.

fake edit: I mean even more retarded than bitcoin

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

divabot posted:

well that's annoying. let me guess, did weird poo poo with the book cover? i need to work out what to do with those.

the theme is A1 FREE EDITION cos i'm cheap. i occasionally tweak the CSS.

i can't be arsed to post a screenshot from my phone but it's doing weird things with text spacing.

you   get   some
paragraphs that read
like    this

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/squawkfox/status/982729584805367809

...!
Oct 5, 2003

poo poo, bitcoin's got a score of 22 moneyness! :eyepop:

if id known that earlier i would have bought some :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

usd at a pathetic 14 moneyness, why does anyone use it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

where does bcash rank on the Anthony, Pierce, & Walsh Moneyness Scale™?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Buttcoin purse posted:

I would like to find out the criteria for quantifying moneyness, because I bet we could come up with some really retarded poo poo that has even more moneyness than bitcoin.

fake edit: I mean even more retarded than bitcoin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneyness posted:

In finance, moneyness is the relative position of the current price (or future price) of an underlying asset (e.g., a stock) with respect to the strike price of a derivative, most commonly a call option or a put option. Moneyness is firstly a three-fold classification: if the derivative would make money if it were to expire today, it is said to be in the money, while if it would not make money it is said to be out of the money, and if the current price and strike price are equal, it is said to be at the money. There are two slightly different definitions, according to whether one uses the current price (spot) or future price (forward), specified as "at the money spot" or "at the money forward", etc.

This rough classification can be quantified by various definitions to express the moneyness as a number, measuring how far the asset is in the money or out of the money with respect to the strike – or conversely how far a strike is in or out of the money with respect to the spot (or forward) price of the asset. This quantified notion of moneyness is most importantly used in defining the relative volatility surface: the implied volatility in terms of moneyness, rather than absolute price. The most basic of these measures is simple moneyness, which is the ratio of spot (or forward) to strike, or the reciprocal, depending on convention. A particularly important measure of moneyness is the likelihood that the derivative will expire in the money, in the risk-neutral measure. It can be measured in percentage probability of expiring in the money, which is the forward value of a binary call option with the given strike, and is equal to the auxiliary N(d2) term in the Black–Scholes formula. This can also be measured in standard deviations, measuring how far above or below the strike price the current price is, in terms of volatility; this quantity is given by d2. (Standard deviations refer to the price fluctuations of the underlying instrument, not of the option itself.) Another measure closely related to moneyness is the Delta of a call or put option. There are other proxies for moneyness, with convention depending on market.[1]

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
i assume this is using some variation of the term where more volatile = more good

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the only thing i got out of that was realising that money is a weird word that's one letter off from honey and that seems pretty messed up imho

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
also i love that starbucks cards are on the original chart, as a frequent item of value used for trading bitcoins into usable currency (traditionally in "trash bag" demominations)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Boxturret posted:

the only thing i got out of that was realising that money is a weird word that's one letter off from honey and that seems pretty messed up imho

my takeaway before my eyes glazed over was "it's a real enough thing that someone who majored in finance can probably spend some time plugging in numbers to make it say just about anything they want depending on what period of time of bitcoin charts they're using as a basis"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
"if you don't know what moneyness is you probably shouldn't invest in bitcoin, but personally I think more is better :wink:"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Boxturret posted:

honey is a superfood so it only makes sense money is a supergood.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

so bitcoin is xfi for money???

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
bed, wed, dead: brock pierce, pitbull, sylvester stallone?

also,

dude claims to be long but my eyes tell me he's short as hell

and why the billy jack cosplay

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

hey there money :wink:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

thermos, webmaster extraordinaire:

quote:

TLS error
Today at 03:19:12 AM

Sorry about the TLS error downtime. What happened was that I used to have separate certs for bitcointalk.org and *.bitcointalk.org, but I forgot that I combined them last time, so when I renewed *.bitcointalk.org, I didn't update the certificate on the bitcointalk.org server. And I have Cloudflare's strict TLS enforcement enabled, so it just killed the connection as soon as it expired.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

i am so glad someone went to this and is tweeting about it. it's everything i could have hoped for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Buttcoin purse posted:

:ssh: That is not permitted here because the mods are negative rapists.

“What’s ‘negative rape’?” Satoshi asked.

“Just what you might think it is. What you and we call rape is forcing somebody to have sex even if they don’t want it. Negative rape is forcing someone not to have sex, even if they and their prospective partner do want it. It is a very common problem in your society. Two people want to get it on but some third party forces them to stop. This of course is a great way to assert power for that third party. It takes a lot of power to override the natural sex drive,” Angel explained.

It means men with guns don't let adults have sex with children and libertarians think that's a bad thing :suicide:

neg rape my poz hole

• Locked thread