Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

He was terrifying in his episode of Justified. First one in... either Season Three or Four. He's got a real Matthew McConaughey edge to him.

I first saw Desmond Harrington in The Hole way back when, and thought he was excellent.

That movie had one of the best young casts in a very long time, honestly: Harrington, Thora Birch when she was trying, Keira Knightley's first adult role, and the debut of Laurence Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I think the fact that Polly Kenner was involved gave Sherlock enough reason to at least look at Michael a little more closely, and as you said, once Sherlock is actually paying attention he's not going to be fooled. Honestly, even if it was a little abrupt, I think I'd prefer this approach over drawing out the dawning realization over 30 minutes of episode. I'm also extremely glad Sherlock knows, because I was not looking forward to Sherlock's magic detective skills somehow being foiled by an even more magic antagonist.

Yea I am very glad that aren't doing that. Dragging out the Micheal reveal would have been pretty bad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I could have sworn this was supposed to be the episode where John Noble came back. Oh well. He does, this season, that's known.

It has become, uh, kind of noticeable (as I mentioned before) that the show went for more personal stories at a point, and why that was a smart move, but every once in a while there's a real "Sherlock, call your drat dad" moment.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The show is stripping over 22 straight weeks, isn't it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Lord Bude posted:

I actually think this season is the most engaging the show has been in years. I think taking a slightly more serialised approach would do the show the world of good.

One thing I didn't like though was the way they instantly latched on to suspecting Michael - It didn't feel earned, and we didn't really get to see the steps in reasoning that led them there. It would have been one thing if sherlock had gotten suspicious after that first talk with Michael, letting him know the girl was dead - I doubt anyone short of Moriarty could successfully bluff Sherlock - but the show played it as if he went into the conversation suspecting Michael and was testing him; and I wish we'd have been given the opportunity to see what led them down that path.

Agreed on all counts. Not having read past this post, I'm pretty sure he's gonna go after him on his own while in "Vermont"

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Honestly, even if it was a little abrupt, I think I'd prefer this approach over drawing out the dawning realization over 30 minutes of episode.

Otoh I think this is fair too.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 13, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Vermont is so nice, he should just go have a nice time :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're like an hour or two away from montreal and I've heard he likes hookers

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Watson's arcs always sort of do this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pack of black bears

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
:siren: We have an Alfredo sighting in the preview!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think they heard about our complaints about recurring characters because suddenly they're all over. Dr. Gay (who is also gay), Watson's therapist (dead), Alfredo, Gregson's daughter, etc.

e: If you are reading this thread, you writers you, spice up the "follow the money" formula, sometimes it worked super well when there was a strong financial incentive that was masking a personal one!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jfn61FTGQ

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it's one of the few shows where I learn thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Elementary absolutely heard my complaints and is directly addressing me, Pick, since not only is Morland coming back in episode 11, but so is The Nose.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Clyde mentioned but no sighting. Did he get fired for some racist/sexist tweets or something?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Inappropriate comments about tortoises going all night. Hell of a talent but it's pretty shameful behavior.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Glad to see Alfredo back. Good to see he got over the whole kidnapping and dehydration thing.

Did we hear about Alfredo's brother before? ....oh. Nope. Nice Mycroft callback though.

AHAHAHAHAHA PETER THIEL.

Aww...I was one of the people who actually liked Mycroft.

Next week should be fun. Looking forward to it.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 26, 2018

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Guess who got a star?

http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/press

quote:

In the category of TELEVISION:
Alvin And The Chipmunks, Candice Bergen, Guy Fieri, Terrence Howard, Stacy Keach, Sid and Marty Krofft, Lucy Liu, Mandy Moore, Dianne Wiest, and Julia Child (Posthumous).

:toot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Aww jeeez :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I feel like this entire season is based on having read these threads and taken us seriously. That's a terrible idea you writer people!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, my "aww geez" was in respect to Mycroft, went away Mycroft.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Keyser_Soze posted:

Clyde mentioned but no sighting. Did he get fired for some racist/sexist tweets or something?

I think I saw Clyde in the next episode preview.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hypocrisy posted:

Aww...I was one of the people who actually liked Mycroft.

I didn't hate Mycroft, but did think him and Watson was a gross mistake. I was hoping that he'd be back this season or next (after it was announced) to give a proper resolution and closure. Just... not like this. :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dragonatrix posted:

I didn't hate Mycroft, but did think him and Watson was a gross mistake. I was hoping that he'd be back this season or next (after it was announced) to give a proper resolution and closure. Just... not like this. :(

I didn't mean it, Elementary writers! Not like this! :cry:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Mycroft was gross and should have gone away but not like that :smith:

Mraagvpeine posted:

Confirmed, that's his terrarium at the end of the preview. :neckbeard:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pick posted:

I didn't mean it, Elementary writers! Not like this! :cry:

Pick this is what you were begging for. This is all your fault

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
RIP in peace, Mycroft. :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

So it doesn't bother me that they went from Global Crime Empire to "sherlock haves brain porblams" and "he new friend kill like racecar". Focusing on the characters at this stage is smart, and keeps the stakes at the right level for the show to wrap up without cliffhangers. I sort of hope this season is a fun sendoff and everyone is happy and Sherlock and Morland have a birthday treasure hunt episode and, gently caress, okay, Mycroft can come too

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Careful now, let's not say things we can't take back.

:saddowns:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mraagvpeine posted:

I hope Clyde's alright.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mr. Fowl posted:

I hope Clyde's alright.

He's doing great for a 7 year old.

Anyway, for this week's episode, at long last, Moriarty is back!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mooorlaaanddd

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I have to wonder if the child Watson (and by extension Sherlock) will adopt is Moriarty's. I mean, the show has been bringing back all sort of characters.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Apparently, bearing in mind it got tweaked due to season expansion and renewal, this was intended as the final episode.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That would have been a pretty loving awful final episode.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Pick posted:

Apparently, bearing in mind it got tweaked due to season expansion and renewal, this was intended as the final episode.

Really? The pre-expansion, the order was for 13 episodes, so unless they shuffled things, it sounds more like a penultimate episode at best, a setup for the "final problem".

Also, Julian Sands, I knew I recognized that face.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jorghnassen posted:

Really? The pre-expansion, the order was for 13 episodes, so unless they shuffled things, it sounds more like a penultimate episode at best, a setup for the "final problem".

Also, Julian Sands, I knew I recognized that face.

I dunno, I was going by the tweets. Again, obviously it changed when things were expanded. I mean how crazy would it be otherwise for the serial killer guy to never come back.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Anyway, all that fake painting stuff just kept begging for an Irene Adler reference.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Pick posted:

I dunno, I was going by the tweets. Again, obviously it changed when things were expanded. I mean how crazy would it be otherwise for the serial killer guy to never come back.

I think you misread this tweet:

https://twitter.com/ELEMENTARYStaff/status/1013982678146691072

It sounds to me like this was this particular writer's last episode, and other writers would have the rest of the season. 3 episodes sounds about right to wrap up loose ends from Morland to this season's serial killer nemesis.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You're right! I need to drink less!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

I have to wonder if the child Watson (and by extension Sherlock) will adopt is Moriarty's. I mean, the show has been bringing back all sort of characters.

They will adopt Moriarty's kid but Moriarty will turn Clyde to the dark side.