Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anyway rudatron, as always, is right

there have been more brutal owns in cspam, but this one is precisely tuned enough to captain "social justice is a lib plot to keep the white man down, also incels are just misunderstood" to put it in the hall of fame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, you appended a new lie to your little spiel of bullshit.

You know, its funny. I've always managed to out debate people, and beat them out when it comes to the market place of ideas.

But the inevitable result of that is people like yourself, spiteful little shits doing drive by poo poo posts, because they lost.

Apparently I'm the only person here with any amount of integrity, because that is something ive never done.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

rudatron posted:

You know, its funny. I've always managed to out debate people, and beat them out when it comes to the market place of ideas.

The latest idea you've been parroting in this thread is "don't ever be subservient to a romantic partner or they'll walk all over you"

Great addition to the marketplace.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Who gave Elon Musk rudatron's account?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

rudatron posted:

Oh, you appended a new lie to your little spiel of bullshit.

But the inevitable result of that is people like yourself, spiteful little shits doing drive by poo poo posts, because they lost.

Apparently I'm the only person here with any amount of integrity, because that is something ive never done.

speak to us more of the marketplace of ideas, rudatron, and of how men should go their own way rather than submit to hellish codependency

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Healthy relationships are give and take. Abusive relationships are take take take. I'm really struggling to see how you can be so stupid.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ze Pollack posted:

speak to us more of the marketplace of ideas, rudatron, and of how men should go their own way rather than submit to hellish codependency
the entire point is to be codependent. I literally have a post saying that the 'basis of a family is mutual dependency and respect'.

Have I traveled into the illiterate dimension? How stupid can you be?

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
See, you have to negotiate your social relationships constantly. If your child can't make a good enough case for eating, it would be unmanly to spend one more dollar than you desired on them. This is because I flipped out like a pedant at seeing the word subordinate, and believe that nobody ever makes sacrifices for others without being a worthless beta.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

rudatron posted:

Healthy relationships are give and take. Abusive relationships are take take take. I'm really struggling to see how you can be so stupid.

this "giving" sounds like subordinating yourself to the needs of others friend

im assured by jeb's favorite poster that's cuck doormat talk

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

the basic function of a family is mutual dependence & respect, not exploitation. well, ideally anyway. even when rearing children, you're doing it because you want to do it, ie satisfying a need.
Ze Pollack, if your brain were less of a poo poo sandwich, you may have noticed what i clearly stated above.

This is exhibit A of you, yes you Ze Pollack, being an openly deceptive little poo poo, and just making poo poo up when convenient. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm impressed that rudatron could squeeze this in at the last minute for Meltdown May.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ze Pollack posted:

there have been more brutal owns in cspam, but this one is precisely tuned enough to captain "social justice is a lib plot to keep the white man down, also incels are just misunderstood" to put it in the hall of fame

I can't parse whether you're saying I'm that or rudatron is but I can tell you I'm definitely not

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Even if rudatron is being obnoxious and prickly like he do, the basics of what he's saying are so right they're hard to argue with, and that's

1. Being a good person is something you do for its own sake, not because you think it will get you laid, which it unequivocally won't
2. Being all-giving and not considering your own needs in a relationship will end in disaster

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Greetings to the goons.txt twitter account.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

2. Being all-giving and not considering your own needs in a relationship will end in disaster

Surely you realize there's a middle ground between "being all-giving" and "must never be subservient" and that no one itt is advocating for "being all-giving and not considering your own needs"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Surely you realize there's a middle ground between "being all-giving" and "must never be subservient"

Of course. But rudatron only seemed to be arguing against the former. That's why he was talking about "fairness" and "negotiation," not saying you have to dominate or always win.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There's a fine line between being a Devil's Advocate and the Devil's Dumbass.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Of course. But rudatron only seemed to be arguing against the former. That's why he was talking about "fairness" and "negotiation," not saying you have to dominate or always win.

look reading is hard okay

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
"gentlemen, i love whores"

appropriate for the incel thread

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
I'm reading the last 3 pages and it sounds like in daily life in a practical sense there's probably no actual difference in terms of attitude, you all have respectful relationships, and everyone is taking the most negative interpretation of the other framing here.

Rudatron is still to blame for jumping on every mole hill possible and being intransigent. You invite this to yourself when you want to argue over the minutiae of word choices for everything imaginable.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Someone posted “sometimes you have to put your needs second in a relationship” and rudatron barreled in going “ACTUALLY, relationships are about give and take and being a doormat is bad!” The following posts were a bunch of people dunking on rudatron for essentially repeating the same point as the first post but failing to realize he wasn’t actually arguing against anything anyone said

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
every so often we get a reminder that C-SPAM is still a subforum of D&D

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
:lol: I love this dead gay forum

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
every time i do something nice for my "wife" like take out the trash that's 10 extra seconds of sexy time for me.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I have to right to defend myself if I'm being attacked.

I responded to what was written. Go read my initial response to what I originally quoted - its quite calm and measured. In response, a bunch of dipshits decided to attack both my character, and miscontrue my claim. I defended myself. In response to that, I get accused of being the bad guy.

I didn't start anything. But for having the temerity to defend myself, I'm a villian. For getting frustated and and angry at being abused, and not taking your poo poo, I'm the enemy.

You guys need to look at yourself in the mirror. Bunch of hypocrites.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

rudatron posted:

the basic function of a family is mutual dependence & respect, not exploitation. well, ideally anyway. even when rearing children, you're doing it because you want to do it, ie satisfying a need.

rudatron posted:

the entire point is to be codependent. I literally have a post saying that the 'basis of a family is mutual dependency and respect'.

Maybe it's because I'm the horrible type that never wants to have children, but this pretty much the opposite of my goals. How I see it, they call it a partner for a reason.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

Someone posted “sometimes you have to put your needs second in a relationship” and rudatron barreled in going “ACTUALLY, relationships are about give and take and being a doormat is bad!” The following posts were a bunch of people dunking on rudatron for essentially repeating the same point as the first post but failing to realize he wasn’t actually arguing against anything anyone said

What they posted was "people who subordinate their needs get laid" and Rudatron's reading of that wasn't unreasonable.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
rearing children

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

beaming w joy and tears in my eyes at this rudatron/jeb tag team

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Even if rudatron is being obnoxious and prickly like he do, the basics of what he's saying are so right they're hard to argue with, and that's

1. Being a good person is something you do for its own sake, not because you think it will get you laid, which it unequivocally won't

Yeah but rudatrons initial "don't be a doormat" was in response to someone suggesting seeing women as equal (which might have scared him bc it was referred to as embracing feminism), and he reframed the argument when he got called out on it. There are some purely semantic defenses of how rudatrons misread things, but you have to be pretty obtuse or just get off on being contrary to keep it up and triple double down.

Edit: also he only sees discussion and winning or losing, and that's why he is so insufferable. He only wants to win, never to get closer to the truth by exchanging ideas.

AxGrap has issued a correction as of 13:42 on May 29, 2018

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Back on topic:

Incels are bad because they are a group of people who all agreed on some pretty bad stuff. A single incel probably needs more and better social interaction. We need to reach out to these people to help them and not isolate them. The organization needs damnation isolation and resistance.

Incels are not people who can't get sex, incels are people who have aligned themselves with a poisonous ideology.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

AxGrap posted:

Back on topic:

Incels are bad because they are a group of people who all agreed on some pretty bad stuff. A single incel probably needs more and better social interaction. We need to reach out to these people to help them and not isolate them. The organization needs damnation isolation and resistance.

Incels are not people who can't get sex, incels are people who have aligned themselves with a poisonous ideology.

they actively reject healthy social interaction, though. that's how they ended up as incels in the first place

no one ostracized them. they ostracized themselves by deciding that the basic social requirement of (pretending to) treat other humans as equal beings with their own needs and desires was actually a diabolical feminist conspiracy to rob them of their male privilege, and then withdrawing from society as much as possible to own the libs

it's impossible to help them as long as they base their ideology around refusing to accept help. and we can't just say "well, it doesn't hurt to try anyway", because reaching out to them means tolerating their violent misogynistic hatred for the sake of maintaining interactions with them, avoiding direct confrontation with their toxic bullshit because you don't want to drive them away

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't see how you have a dialog with incels. Their fundamental problem is that they can't see women as people, and I think any sort of attempt to reach out to them legitimizes that idea. What we need is real mental health system that can provide those people with help and counseling, while also hopefully developing a better understanding of what causes people to fall into that mindset.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anime avatar genius

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Main Paineframe posted:

they actively reject healthy social interaction, though. that's how they ended up as incels in the first place

no one ostracized them. they ostracized themselves by deciding that the basic social requirement of (pretending to) treat other humans as equal beings with their own needs and desires was actually a diabolical feminist conspiracy to rob them of their male privilege, and then withdrawing from society as much as possible to own the libs

it's impossible to help them as long as they base their ideology around refusing to accept help. and we can't just say "well, it doesn't hurt to try anyway", because reaching out to them means tolerating their violent misogynistic hatred for the sake of maintaining interactions with them, avoiding direct confrontation with their toxic bullshit because you don't want to drive them away

I disagree on that last part, I have friends that I disagree with pretty fundamentaly and we can gently caress with each other about it or just stop talking about it. There non zero is a chance to open up some of their isolation and crack their lovely ideology. I am also comfortable enough with my own beliefs that I won't get pulled more to their side.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ze Pollack posted:

He's also got an anime avatar, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AxGrap posted:

I disagree on that last part, I have friends that I disagree with pretty fundamentaly and we can gently caress with each other about it or just stop talking about it. There non zero is a chance to open up some of their isolation and crack their lovely ideology. I am also comfortable enough with my own beliefs that I won't get pulled more to their side.

I feel like you don't understand just how much they actively fight good advice.

Like people would come into r/incel go "Hey guys I started showering more and socializing with people and I got laid and I feel way better! There is hope!" and they would be downvoted into oblivion and accused of trolling and whatnot.

• Locked thread