Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Here's a video of Elon's child tube in action:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Boner Pill Connoisseur posted:

like what's the process for this, is he sitting on a beanbag watching a giant twitter screen with smithers grimes at his side and just calls up someone who he literal pays to sit around designing his idiot ideas like "hey we need a widget for these cave kids out got anything down there, make it look like something we already sell"

theres no way hes that hands off. he called up some engineers who were working on saving his dying business then told them to stop what they were doing and build a big metal tube then they did it cuz by now they would have to know that hes exactly the sort of rear end in a top hat who would fire someone for telling him why one of his ideas wont work

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The child rescuing polytunnel was my favourite "not thought this through" idea

Sure let's violently displace several hundred tons of water when we inflate this sucker, no way that'll go poorly for the kids in the mostly flooded cave

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
elon musk, the tube hog of silicon valley

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
hyperloop still best musk idea

take a century old idea (vactrain), add new problems without solving old ones, and then have an unrealistic grasp of what is involved with building it or dealing with the furiously pounding puds of his cult online

favorite things from that:
-he told people to start putting a tunnel in maryland without having any idea of what to do with the spoils from tunneling, because le greatest engineer of all time has no practical experience whatsoever
-not understanding permit process or any sort of regulatory review, because le greatest engineer of all time thinks calling someone in the government (nevermind whether or not it is the correct jurisdiction) and asking them if they want hyperloop counts as an approval or "preliminary" or "verbal approval"

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
musk has definitely made at least a few calls to some russian dudes inquiring about red mercury.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al! posted:

hey buddy you want me to think up ways to kill a dozen vietnamese kids in a cave ill happily do that all day

didnt know McNamara was a poster

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it owns that elon made a kid death tube to exploit a crisis for PR and they arent going to use it

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Thai dude talking about child tube posted:

"Even though their equipment is technologically sophisticated, it doesn't fit with our mission to go in the cave," said rescue chief Narongsak Osotthanakorn
gently caress me, that's brutal.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anyone ever notice he pays 69 cents

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they should modify the cave to fit with the kidmersible, duh

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
his twitter replies are like a 2005 gbs time capsule, it's unreal

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You can tell this is fake because Elon knows better than to pilot one of the death machines he has his engineers cook up.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

elon is the "i'll make the website!" guy with an unlimited budget

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
billionaire owned by facts

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

“nice”

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

hyperloop still best musk idea

take a century old idea (vactrain), add new problems without solving old ones, and then have an unrealistic grasp of what is involved with building it or dealing with the furiously pounding puds of his cult online

favorite things from that:
-he told people to start putting a tunnel in maryland without having any idea of what to do with the spoils from tunneling, because le greatest engineer of all time has no practical experience whatsoever
-not understanding permit process or any sort of regulatory review, because le greatest engineer of all time thinks calling someone in the government (nevermind whether or not it is the correct jurisdiction) and asking them if they want hyperloop counts as an approval or "preliminary" or "verbal approval"

he’s definitely an “””ideas””” guy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

ive got it! what about a kind of app where you can put in a request on your phone and someone will show up and shoot a poor person you saw

911 already exists dude

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tunicate posted:

911 already exists dude
It's an area rife for disruption, though.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pretty hosed up of the Thai government to unethically smear Elon like this

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016110809662066688

ah yes totally a device that will work in tunnels so narrow that divers have to remove their oxygen tanks

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 16:03 on Jul 10, 2018

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

for someone supposedly running multiple companies he sure had a lot of time to bullshit on twitter and do pointless projects

[Insert WSJ pie chart of a CEO's workweek here]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

comedyblissoption posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016110809662066688

ah yes totally a device that will work in tunnels so narrow that divers have to remove their oxygen tanks

it's no good for what it was designed for, and anything it could be actually useful for (getting someone out of a pretty big cave? or maybe a ship at the bottom of the sea?) it's probably not as good as something already existing.

my god he's gonna save us all.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

[Insert WSJ pie chart of a CEO's workweek here]

8 hrs golfing
6 hrs lunch meetings
2 hrs online tie shopping
8 hrs working out

these guys never have any time off phew

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the soccer team and coach is entirely rescued now

in conclusion, musk spent a bunch of time getting a whole bunch of skilled workers to labor on a completely worthless and actively harmful project to stroke his own ego

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

if i had to choose between elon somehow actually saving the world through some idiot luck miracle and being remembered as a hero for all time, or earth becoming a broiling venus-like hellscape...........idk man :whitewater:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Honestly, I am pretty sure we should thank Big Boss, because his CQC training and teaching of how to eat frogs and snakes likely played a larger role in the rescue and survival of dem boys than anything the Smelly South African did.

Thank you for your service, fictional character Big Boss.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shiksa posted:

8 hrs golfing
6 hrs lunch meetings
2 hrs online tie shopping
8 hrs working out

these guys never have any time off phew

the best part is the explanation of the time survey - thats what the CEOs' personal assistants reported

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Feranon posted:

if i had to choose between elon somehow actually saving the world through some idiot luck miracle and being remembered as a hero for all time, or earth becoming a broiling venus-like hellscape...........idk man :whitewater:

Elon Musk is gonna go full Ted Faro.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

sure it looks bad at first, but notice the lack of any megalomaniacal billionaires or their fart-huffers here

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
If you had any doubts the childsub was anything other than a vanity project (lol), it's that "Thailand is so beautiful" capper in his tweet. Totally divorced from the gravity of the situation.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

check the date on the check too

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Elon Musk couldn't save a turd from his own rear end

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you had any doubts the childsub was anything other than a vanity project (lol), it's that "Thailand is so beautiful" capper in his tweet. Totally divorced from the gravity of the situation.

"glad to hear the football team and their coach were rescued! going to celebrate with some epic bacon at the hotel restaurant!"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

gotta Correct the Record here

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016684366083190785?s=19

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

"Wish you were here! with all of these trapped children!"

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the loving replies :cripes:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That sounds more like the dive team leader kind of brushing him off.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

he's so unbelievably fragile, holy moly.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

lol

Elon: I got a bunch of rocket scientists building a space ship sub to save the day.

Adult: Hey, that’s great buddy.

Elon: 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

lol

Elon: I got a bunch of rocket scientists building a space ship sub to save the day.

Adult: Hey, that’s great buddy.

Elon: 😎

Elon: Hey we brought our water coffin!

Adult: Uh cool, just set it down over there.