Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

Going by the last decade none of it matters because there's different iterations of players and happenstances that lead to stats which have no applicable validity from week to week, much less season to season

So you're saying we should trust your eyes? Perhaps in some kind of... eye... test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Drug tests are the only tests that matter in the NFL everything else is up to the precocious nature of the wind

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yodzilla posted:

Preseason or not that was one of the worst efforts I've ever seen a team put up holy poo poo.

drat, you aint kidding. I listened to it on the radio and could smell the stink coming off that game

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Baldy seems pretty keen on Mailata.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1032979681786687488

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

That's super cool, if I had realized he was in the game yesterday I would've paid more attention to the second half. It's well past time to see success in the NFL from athletes around the world, and I hope Baldy's right about him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Metapod posted:

The only reason the eagles won was because the Patriots were down their 2 best wrs

Cooks wouldn't have gone down if he didn't try to play heroball. Dude just got powerbombed by Malcolm Jenkins and then he started doing 360s while dancing with a tackler.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Eli looked good tonight except that one, and Shepard caught 7/7. The league looks like a buzz saw this year as opposed to last year, otherwise I'd say SB for sure. We can't all coast to a super bowl against the softest version of the NFL in history like the birds did last year.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's the year your team had 3 wins so I'm not sure how you think your scenario makes the Eagles look bad

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
We only had three wins because we didn't score more points than the other team thirteen times

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's the year your team had 3 wins so I'm not sure how you think your scenario makes the Eagles look bad

"The Eagles coasted to the Super Bowl because they got to play my team twice!"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This division is going to be bad imo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

On the other hand, maybe it will be good!

Ezekial Elliot, Saquon Barkley, Jay Ajayi, Adrian Peterson... That's a lot of RB firepower!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

On the other hand, maybe it will be good!

On the third and final hand, maybe you're right!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Play posted:

The dumpster fire returns, god bless

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The Giants were terrible last year, God awful, and the eagles were a 63 or whatever yard field goal away from losing to them. The Eagles absolutely coasted to the SB. Nobody else in the division was even remotely a threat and the other two tough teams in the entire conference died to each other in the playoffs A limp, awful, injured old Patriots team pretty much made it to the SB out of habit. The eagles super bowl win isn't quite fake but it's hollow as gently caress. The league overall will be much better this year than it was last year.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Hrmm yase the Eagles are a sham. Meanwhile the Patriots being the best team in the AFC is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.

Pack it in boys I guess that Super Bowl doesn’t count.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If your take away was that the competition was hollow last season, what the hell is wrong with me that I think it'll be even more so this year?

Not taking anything away from the Eagles; I've just been riding a wave of negativity for two seasons and I can't seem to get hype for football again.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gay Horney posted:

The Giants were terrible last year, God awful, and the eagles were a 63 or whatever yard field goal away from losing to them. The Eagles absolutely coasted to the SB. Nobody else in the division was even remotely a threat and the other two tough teams in the entire conference died to each other in the playoffs A limp, awful, injured old Patriots team pretty much made it to the SB out of habit. The eagles super bowl win isn't quite fake but it's hollow as gently caress. The league overall will be much better this year than it was last year.

Eagles played the Giants in game 1 before all of the Giant's wideouts contracted boneitis, without the Eagles' #1 DB.

Game 2 was a Nick Foles tuneup game. Still won.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gay Horney posted:

Mmmmmm your tears, they taste so gooood.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles didn't just win the Super Bowl, they won the best Super Bowl. I'll be watching that game mic'd up for the rest of my life and will never get tired of it.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
why are you dopes responding to an obvious troll post

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

why are you dopes responding to an obvious troll post

I paid my :10bux: to Lowtax so i could respond to whoever the gently caress i want on this dead gay forum

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shinjobi posted:

If your take away was that the competition was hollow last season, what the hell is wrong with me that I think it'll be even more so this year?

Not taking anything away from the Eagles; I've just been riding a wave of negativity for two seasons and I can't seem to get hype for football again.

same haven't watched any preseason and don't even know when regular season starts. :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1034813521240965120

EAGLES KNEW

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In other news, the Eagles are likely to start the season without Wentz, Jernigan and Jeffery. Meanwhile, Foles has looked like dogshit and Pederson is very angry with his performance. I think it adds up to an 0-1 start that will get the football world down on the soon-to-repeat Philadelphia Eagles.

Also, Malcolm Jenkins hates that we won the superbowl

"Malcolm Jenkins posted:

“I hate [the superbowl sign in the locker room], personally,” said Malcolm Jenkins. “My focus is all on adding another ‘I’ to the end of that. And so it’s great. But I’m well beyond celebrating last year’s accomplishments because they don’t mean anything this year, they don’t get us anything. I said it earlier this offseason, it’s not boxing where we get to hold the belt and somebody has to come beat us and take it. We don’t have anything. We’re at the bottom just like everybody else.”

Goddamn right.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The receives are pretty thin there aren't they? With Jeffrey out Agholor who just returned to practice is number 1 with... Mike Wallace at number 2?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Play posted:

The receives are pretty thin there aren't they? With Jeffrey out Agholor who just returned to practice is number 1 with... Mike Wallace at number 2?

It's not as thin as you might think. For one thing, Ertz is basically an incredible wideout and is our true #1. Agholor does fine in the slot and Wallace wasn't exactly useless last season. A lot of people don't know about our 4th string WR named Mack Hollins but every time he's seen the field he looks to me like a very legit player. He creates separation and far more importantly has great hands and can contest a ball well. He was considered a raw guy out of college with great speed and height and it turns out he actually does a good job running routes, too, probably due to good coaching? If Agholor hadn't come out as strongly last season as he did, Mack Hollins would be a well known guy.

And of course there is Sproles who can catch with the best of them. Jeffery is a great player and I'm super glad he's on our team but we can get by without him just fine.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think the biggest difficulty for the Eagles this season will be how good the rest of the NFC is (and the NFL in general should be more competitive this season) as well as the Super Bowl brain drain where they lost both the head coordinators. That loss is impossible to quantify at this point but it could end up mattering.

Still, they're lucky in that Dallas and Washington look pretty trash and NY might be trash as well. Overall I still expect it to be a tougher road for the Eagles than last season; third down conversion rates don't stay that high year to year and if you take away some of Wentz's big scrambles from last season a couple more games might've been dropped. I think they are still as well-positioned as anyone but we know how hard it is to repeat as super bowl champion as it has only happened once since the 90s

Play fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 29, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I predict eagles 0-16 and if that happens they should really have to give back the lombardi from last year

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't see why we can't have a Truce since we both embarrassed the poo poo out of Tom Brady in the Superbowl

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gibson is gonna replace Mack

Play
Apr 25, 2006

From Mychal Kendricks on Hard Knocks. Wish we could get more of this kind of thing, analyzing opponents from the player's point of view

quote:

The former Eagles linebacker was asked to do a mini scouting report on his former teammates. He did not have nice things to say about them…

On Nick Foles…

Playing against Nick Foles, I realized on his long balls, he has like a teardrop effect. He’s tall and he likes to drop it literally from the sky. So corners, the timing is just a little slower on that ball coming in.

On Zach Ertz…

86, I think, is the best receiver on the team. Notice I said receiver. When it comes to blocking, you f—ing hit his a– over and over — he doesn’t want any smoke.

On Halapoulivaati Vaitai…

Big V. Vaitai. He’s so big his size allows him to do what he does. But he doesn’t have the quickest feet, and he’s not the strongest. He doesn’t trust his feet at all. You get on him, his confidence will go down.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

From Mychal Kendricks on Hard Knocks. Wish we could get more of this kind of thing, analyzing opponents from the player's point of view

Does he have any investing tips?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Does he have any investing tips?

yes, don't do it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Play posted:

3 things that literally anyone could tell you from watching an Eagles game last year....

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't see why we can't have a Truce since we both embarrassed the poo poo out of Tom Brady in the Superbowl

That's easily the worst part about last year. I don't want to share the untainted achievement of destroying Tomald Brady in the super bowl, twice.

But then the lovely rear end Eagles fart their way to a Super Bowl against old man Tomald who obviously lost a step.

We beat him when he was actually good so I guess that's ok. Point remains the Eagles and all their fans belong in a garbage barge let loose into the south Indian ocean.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The ramblings of a man who sees years of terrible Giants football ahead shortly. It’s ok sweetling, the Redskins will take your team’s place as the weirdo squad.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The Birds went 13-3, 3-1 down the stretch with a backup quarterback, beat a solid Atlanta team and hung 38 on Minnesota's defense before going toe to toe with New England and beating them at their own game. They also beat an 11-5 L.A. Rams team on the road and hung 51 points on Denver's defense. They were 3rd in PF and 4th in PA.

The also lost Jordan Hicks, Jason Peters, Carson Wentz, Darren Sproles and their starting kicker. I get that you don't like them, Dolttos, but calling their accomplishments "soft" or tainted in any way is disingenuous.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's almost like he's not arguing in good faith!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

3 things that literally anyone could tell you from watching an Eagles game last year....

First of all the Nick Foles thing was interesting. Second of all I'm sure players have tons more interesting things to say about stuff that we aren't able to notice, which was my point.

Eagles fans gettin a liiiiiiiittttllle butthurt up in here