Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I would imagine that the whole "being a rapist" thing put Patricia on the edge of being fired already. If you are going to be a rapist in the NFL you better be good at what you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I would imagine that the whole "being a rapist" thing put Patricia on the edge of being fired already. If you are going to be a rapist in the NFL you better be good at what you do.

At this point the faster he is fired the faster he can get back to eating.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please keep him. I like Brian Flores.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

DariusLikewise posted:

I dunno, Jameis Winston still has a job.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not currently.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I dunno, Jameis Winston still has a job.

His first 2 seasons were good, then he fell off the cliff and got found out for sexual assault again. Pretty sure FitzMagic is going to muscle him out of a spot.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

His first 2 seasons were good, then he fell off the cliff and got found out for sexual assault again. Pretty sure FitzMagic is going to muscle him out of a spot.

You think this but do you recall his stint in Buffalo? And how they unceremoniously cut him not long after he signed that contact? Unless Fitzpatrick is impressive against the Eagles D, I don't see why the Jameis project would stop now.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/haprusak/status/1039978380014379008

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s insane how wide the intelligence gulf is between McDermott and, say, Sean McVay

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
McDermott's seat should be hotter than Bhut jolokia after that nonsense

E: Since the Farthouse is dead and it's on topic - http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/matty-patty-is-here-to-teach-you-about-life/

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 13, 2018

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

This is just brutally stupid, either because he believes this for real, or because he believes that refusing to admit the obvious makes him look like some kind of tough guy instead of a thundering moron.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

sean10mm posted:

he believes that refusing to admit the obvious makes him look like some kind of tough guy instead of a thundering moron.

Ah yes, the "Mcadoo Method"

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

sean10mm posted:

This is just brutally stupid, either because he believes this for real, or because he believes that refusing to admit the obvious makes him look like some kind of tough guy instead of a thundering moron.

I mean, he performed pretty well in the preseason, especially relative to the other QBs, so “at the time I thought starting the QB that played better than the other two was the correct choice” isn’t so dumb as you’re making it out to be.

Also, “tough guy” was never really the vibe I got from Sean McDermott, he’s pretty soft-spoken and last year he was always prattling on about how much the players on the team loved each other.

What McDermott and Beane should be killed for is mismanagement of the QB situation as a whole. This team should have kept 3 QBs on the roster; that 3rd QB could have been Tyrod Taylor, it could have been AJ McCarron, or it could have been some other journeyman jagoff, it doesn’t really matter at this point, because now they’re forced to either face a fan/locker room mutiny by playing Peterman again, or they have to throw their unready rookie to the wolves (at least they made the right choice there). That’s far dumber than saying “yes, starting the guy who played the best in the preseason was the right choice”

Sheen Sheen fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 13, 2018

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Sheen Sheen posted:

I mean, he performed pretty well in the preseason, especially relative to the other QBs, so “at the time I thought starting the QB that played better than the other two was the correct choice” isn’t so dumb as you’re making it out to be.

Also, “tough guy” was never really the vibe I got from Sean McDermott, he’s pretty soft-spoken and last year he was always prattling on about how much the players on the team loved each other.

Counter-point: I'LL TAKE THAT TO MY GRAVE

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Counter-point: I'LL TAKE THAT TO MY GRAVE

This isn’t quite the slam dunk you think it is. Maybe it would be if they started him again?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sheen Sheen posted:

This isn’t quite the slam dunk you think it is. Maybe it would be if they started him again?

They kept him and started him again after last year, which seems damning enough without the need for anything else.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The past I think came back to haunt McDermott. The big risk with starting Peterman again was precisely because he sucked so terribly last year, he had a very small margin of error. Peterman took that short leash and hanged himself with it.

McDermott isnt as much of a tough guy or an authoritarian, but he has a very serious and tone and methodology so his power to motivate as a coach lies almost solely in his credibility and the belief that he is a capable leader. He tells everyone to "trust the process." The "process" is just really a mental trap for: believe in me and do what I say because I know what I'm doing.

He actually ran the QB competition perhaps TOO fairly. He did what he said he would do and really did give everyone a pretty fair chance to earn the starting job and Peterman did play the best.

The only scenario that McD would have got hurt for is the exact scenario that played out.

Any coach who gets beaten 47-3 looks like a fool.

I definitely am not for firing him so long as the Bills continue to take him seriously.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

The past I think came back to haunt McDermott. The big risk with starting Peterman again was precisely because he sucked so terribly last year, he had a very small margin of error. Peterman took that short leash and hanged himself with it.

McDermott isnt as much of a tough guy or an authoritarian, but he has a very serious and tone and methodology so his power to motivate as a coach lies almost solely in his credibility and the belief that he is a capable leader. He tells everyone to "trust the process." The "process" is just really a mental trap for: believe in me and do what I say because I know what I'm doing.

He actually ran the QB competition perhaps TOO fairly. He did what he said he would do and really did give everyone a pretty fair chance to earn the starting job and Peterman did play the best.

The only scenario that McD would have got hurt for is the exact scenario that played out.

Any coach who gets beaten 47-3 looks like a fool.

I definitely am not for firing him so long as the Bills continue to take him seriously.
I know I'm hard on McD, personally, but this is absolutely correct. The season is far from lost: if they can manage to get the defense back on-track and not get Josh Allen killed/ruined, they'll be fine.
But there's basically no worse way the season could have started, and McD is kind of left holding the bag on the fact that we have two QBs on the roster and one of them can't produce in an actual football game.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

They kept him and started him again after last year, which seems damning enough without the need for anything else.

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Peterman gone after last year and I think the Bills would have been better off starting Allen than Peterman (I’m not much of a believer in the idea that Allen will get better on the bench, and while the offensive line is a major concern...it’s football. He could get hurt at any time even if he had a great line to protect him), but “guy who played best in camp and preseason won the starting job” isn’t something I’m going to kill him for. It’s the mismanagement of the QB situation as a whole that doesn’t speak well of his judgement.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Sheen Sheen posted:

He could get hurt at any time even if he had a great line to protect him), but “guy who played best in camp and preseason won the starting job” isn’t something I’m going to kill him for. It’s the mismanagement of the QB situation as a whole that doesn’t speak well of his judgement.

Yeah.
I'm more upset with either him or the puppet GM trying to be smarter than the room and trading away McCarron for a 5th, than his rationale for starting Peterman.

The reason you keep McCarron isnt because he's an amazing player, but because you need a player like him to maintain some level of credibility if Allen gets hurt.

The silver lining for McDermott now is Allen can play like poo poo this year and the fans will be fine. The thing that could hurt the Bills longer term is if Allen goes down McDermott is exposed big time. McDermott is needlessly playing with fire when he instead needs to act strategically. Next year is when we can get some decent players but if he keeps doing things that backfire on him he'll be dead before the reinforcements arrive.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Can we put "Decided to start Nathan Peterman week 1" on his grave? Seems like he gave the ok

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Yeah.
I'm more upset with either him or the puppet GM trying to be smarter than the room and trading away McCarron for a 5th, than his rationale for starting Peterman.

The reason you keep McCarron isnt because he's an amazing player, but because you need a player like him to maintain some level of credibility if Allen gets hurt.

The silver lining for McDermott now is Allen can play like poo poo this year and the fans will be fine. The thing that could hurt the Bills longer term is if Allen goes down McDermott is exposed big time. McDermott is needlessly playing with fire when he instead needs to act strategically. Next year is when we can get some decent players but if he keeps doing things that backfire on him he'll be dead before the reinforcements arrive.

Like, it sounds pathetic, but if they hadn’t traded away McCarron they’d be in a much better spot now. McDermott has a contingency plan if Allen goes down, or if he truly feels that Allen is not ready/will get murdered behind the line, he can just flat-out start McCarron instead. Now they’re gonna have to sign Paxton Lynch or Mike Glennon instead (he’s a free agent, right?)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Despera posted:

Can we put "Decided to start Nathan Peterman week 1" on his grave? Seems like he gave the ok

:laffo:

btw sign Kaep Bills. He's like the best parts of Josh Allen and Tyrod Taylor put together

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Play posted:

:laffo:

btw sign Kaep Bills. He's like the best parts of Josh Allen and Tyrod Taylor put together

As much as I want this to happen it never will. In no small part because Bills fans are a bunch of loving knuckleheads—I think Bills fans were one of the, shall we say, “less-kind” fanbases when Kaep came to town after he started kneeling during the anthem

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
In the past gravestones were used for warnings

In memory of Sean Mcdermitt
March 21 1977-
Loving Husband and Father
Started Nathan Petermann Week 1
When a man's folly brings his way to ruin(47-3), his heart rages against the Lord.
Proverbs 19:3

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Everyone loves to point and gush over how adorable and lovable Bills fans are what with their wacky table smashing antics and all but if you live in WNY like me you understand who and what kind of people they truly are

Its why I hate the Bills and Pats equally but am completely indifferent towards the Fins

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Phyein posted:

Everyone loves to point and gush over how adorable and lovable Bills fans are what with their wacky table smashing antics and all but if you live in WNY like me you understand who and what kind of people they truly are

Its why I hate the Bills and Pats equally but am completely indifferent towards the Fins

Sorry but Jets fans are Long Islanders, aka Scum of the Earth

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/LBSports/status/1041333063605641218

Did they just remember that Reggie is still on the payroll

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not that surprising. Reggie and Carr are on increasingly thin ice with Gruden

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah consolidate power of your team entirely around John Gruden, this is some Game of Thrones poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
wrong thread again.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ah yes, noted talent evaluator Jon Gruden.

It took years and hell of a effort to bring the raiders out of the basement they ahd been in for 15 years, so of course you'd trash that FO staff and hand it off to Gruden.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

adaz posted:

Ah yes, noted talent evaluator Jon Gruden.

It took years and hell of a effort to bring the raiders out of the basement they ahd been in for 15 years, so of course you'd trash that FO staff and hand it off to Gruden.

Reggie isn't that good of a drafter, regardless of what one thinks of Gruden.

And don't get me wrong, i'm glad Gruden is doing his thing, but the Raiders have spent a ton of draft capital on the defensive side of the ball and outside of Mack, most of the others have been outright whiffs.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Koetter might be trending toward mild and lol Gruden

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The List, in order of who SHOULD be fired:

Jackson
Gruden
Patricia

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1042109109301112834

Losing to Blaine Gabbert sure heats up a guy's seat in a hurry

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I could see myself throwing 5 bucks on Dan Quinn in case the Falcons totally implode or something this year.

e: Oh missed 'first' coach fired. Yeah someone will go before him even if the Falcons are a total disaster.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 18, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm completely fine with BOB being fired before Hue

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1042109109301112834

Losing to Blaine Gabbert sure heats up a guy's seat in a hurry

It's amazing how people don't understand that odds are designed in such a way to get people to want to throw money away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
BoB is just as bad of a HC as Hue, but in a different way. I wish I knew how to explain it better