Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

D.N. Nation posted:

PJ would cost them $2M.

Its amazing he’s still there. Even though I hope he never leaves for other reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AP poll:
2018 Week 4 AP Top 25 Poll
1. Alabama Crimson Tide
2. Georgia Bulldogs
3. Clemson Tigers
4. Ohio State Buckeyes
5. Oklahoma Sooners
6. LSU Tigers
7. Stanford Cardinal
8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
9. Auburn Tigers
10. Washington Huskies
10. Penn State Nittany Lions
12. West Virginia Mountaineers
13. Virginia Tech Hokies
14. Mississippi State Bulldogs
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys
16. UCF Knights
17. TCU Horned Frogs
18. Wisconsin Badgers
19. Michigan Wolverines
20. Oregon Ducks
21. Miami Hurricanes
22. Texas A&M Aggies
23. Boston College Eagles
24. Michigan State Spartans
25. BYU Cougars

E: I really wonder why voters swapped UGA and Clemson considering both took care of business. I’d even maybe put Ohio State at 2 or 3

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean he's gone to two orange bowls and was usually a at least a bowl team until very recently. Bottom seems like it's fallen out though. I assume they won't hire another option coach so that could be a rough transition

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

TAMU #22

22 is just two johnny manziels
we're gonna do twice as good as we did with johnny manziel in 2012

i belieeeeeeeve

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Man we are not nearly as good as I was hoping we'd be going into the season

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MeganGambrill/status/1040706041103695872?s=19

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Good, they finally learned not to rank us after a big win at home

Maybe they'll actually play with some edge against TCU

Doubt it though

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I hope alabama beats aggy by 70

Mississippi st is kind of an interesting team right now, i'm not sure how real they are but they've looked pretty good and basically done what they should. It will be interesting to see how they look in SEC play. They could be setup for a pretty huge game against Auburn and then LSU if they roll in 5-0.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 16, 2018

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacebump posted:

Fire Willie Fritz. Tulane should be better in his third year.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in how he's doing in his 3rd season. The guy's a legit good coach, but Tulane is a hard place to win.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/1041092354847985665

Just in case anyone missed this bit of terribleness

This is 4 pages ago but TWO FORWARD LATERALS MUCH???

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

AP poll:
2018 Week 4 AP Top 25 Poll
1. Alabama Crimson Tide
2. Georgia Bulldogs
3. Clemson Tigers
4. Ohio State Buckeyes
5. Oklahoma Sooners
6. LSU Tigers
7. Stanford Cardinal
8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
9. Auburn Tigers
10. Washington Huskies
10. Penn State Nittany Lions
12. West Virginia Mountaineers
13. Virginia Tech Hokies
14. Mississippi State Bulldogs
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys
16. UCF Knights
17. TCU Horned Frogs
18. Wisconsin Badgers
19. Michigan Wolverines
20. Oregon Ducks
21. Miami Hurricanes
22. Texas A&M Aggies
23. Boston College Eagles
24. Michigan State Spartans
25. BYU Cougars

E: I really wonder why voters swapped UGA and Clemson considering both took care of business. I’d even maybe put Ohio State at 2 or 3

Clemson struggled a bit early to get things rolling, whereas UGA was dominant from the start I feel. I was expecting us to get jumped.

On a similar note holy gently caress I wish we'd stop the conservative play calling bullshit. There were so many screens I felt like Tommy Bowden was back at the helm.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

G-Hawk posted:

Mississippi st is kind of an interesting team right now, i'm not sure how real they are but they've looked pretty good and basically done what they should. It will be interesting to see how they look in SEC play. They could be setup for a pretty huge game against Auburn and then LSU if they roll in 5-0.

we're going to beat everyone by 50 until someone demonstrates they can stop tua from carving them up, which I'm not entirely sure is possible

on a more positive note, almost everyone on the offensive side of the ball is an underclassman, so they should be even better next year~!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
fire

mark

d'onofrio

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Death, taxes and Alabama. Hope everyone else has a wild ride fighting for the consolation prize.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It wouldn't cost much to buy out Johnson and I would assume not his staff either (GT has something like the second-lowest assistant salaries in the ACC) but our athletic department is in horrible fiscal shape. We're still paying off our ill-advised stadium expansion from 15 years ago and three men's basketball coaches. The fans want Paul Johnson gone but I don't know if the will exists at the AD to do it.

I assume if the boosters put their feet down, it'd happen, though.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

curried lamb of God posted:

fire

mark

d'onofrio

Hey I know this one. He's trash. I'll find some old gifs later and you just need to update the clothes colors.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Pakled posted:

It wouldn't cost much to buy out Johnson and I would assume not his staff either (GT has something like the second-lowest assistant salaries in the ACC) but our athletic department is in horrible fiscal shape. We're still paying off our ill-advised stadium expansion from 15 years ago and three men's basketball coaches. The fans want Paul Johnson gone but I don't know if the will exists at the AD to do it.

Also, once we do it, because we won't hire an option coach again, it's going to be a minimum 3-year span of being even worse than we are now, and after that we'll still just be chasing let's-do-the-same-thing-as-everyone-else-in-the-conference-but-with-worse-recruits ball like in the Chan Gailey error. :shrug:

It's gonna be gory. But it probably needs to happen. I'd be pleasantly surprised if GT makes another significant bowl before 2025.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FWIW, all the PI calls in the second half of that Auburn/LSU game were correct, though maybe one should've actually been called defensive holding. Having said that, L O L:

https://soundcloud.com/austin-roberts-837417416/2018-lsu-vs-auburn-final-minutes-auburn-radio-network

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Noctone posted:

Death, taxes and Alabama. Hope everyone else has a wild ride fighting for the consolation prize.

This is why I'm not super put off about us looking like poo poo so far. The best thing we're playing for is either the right to get shithoused by Bama or the Rose Bowl. I know which one I'd prefer as a fan.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Manoueverable posted:

This is why I'm not super put off about us looking like poo poo so far. The best thing we're playing for is either the right to get shithoused by Bama or the Rose Bowl. I know which one I'd prefer as a fan.

To get shithoused by Penn State again, but this time in the Rose Bowl?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Looks like $2 million and a bit, with each game getting prorated which is interesting. I’m sure Tech has to have a booster or two with the pocket change willing to throw down some cash if things got bad enough

I think he has 2 and the rest of this season, to as bad as it might be, Tech might just wait it out and choose not to renew.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

G-Hawk posted:

good news--aww poo poo scionix logged on before me today

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Looks like $2 million and a bit, with each game getting prorated which is interesting. I’m sure Tech has to have a booster or two with the pocket change willing to throw down some cash if things got bad enough

I think he has 2 and the rest of this season, to as bad as it might be, Tech might just wait it out and choose not to renew.

Not sure if that works, though, it's the easiest negative recruiting move in the book to say "look, GT hasn't re-upped his contract, he's gone in 2 years, why bother going there when you don't even know who the coach will be by the time you're a senior?" VT always kept extending Beamer's contract even though everyone knew the end had to be coming well before its actual expiry, I believe FSU tried to do the same and then tacked the coach-in-waiting bit on top of it for Bowden. Like Mukaikubo said, it's going to be 2-3 years after Johnson's gone, minimum, before they get back to being competitive in a different system, if they just let his contract roll off it'll probably take longer because the extra years of horrible recruiting before it happens. Might as well just rip the bandage off as soon as you've decided he's not the future.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Noctone posted:

This is your irregular reminder that the last time UCF lost a game it was 2016. :smuggo:

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

single-mode fiber posted:

Might as well just rip the bandage off as soon as you've decided he's not the future.

Reasonable people agree, but it seems pretty obvious GT doesn’t give a poo poo about competing in football anymore.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

single-mode fiber posted:

Not sure if that works, though, it's the easiest negative recruiting move in the book to say "look, GT hasn't re-upped his contract, he's gone in 2 years, why bother going there when you don't even know who the coach will be by the time you're a senior?" VT always kept extending Beamer's contract even though everyone knew the end had to be coming well before its actual expiry, I believe FSU tried to do the same and then tacked the coach-in-waiting bit on top of it for Bowden. Like Mukaikubo said, it's going to be 2-3 years after Johnson's gone, minimum, before they get back to being competitive in a different system, if they just let his contract roll off it'll probably take longer because the extra years of horrible recruiting before it happens. Might as well just rip the bandage off as soon as you've decided he's not the future.

Good. gently caress Tech.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Quandary posted:

Texas not even ranked, SMH.

Pretty sure at the end of the season USC won’t be, either.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Nystral posted:

This is your irregular reminder that the last time UCF lost a game it was 2016. :smuggo:

Sounds like "we want Bama" to me.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

i want to see arkansas play arkansas pine bluff

Arkansas State would thump Arkansas

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Was the cupboard really that bare at UCLA? Because Chip Kelly is off to a terrible start. Even worse than Scott Frost.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Dilber posted:

Hey I know this one. He's trash. I'll find some old gifs later and you just need to update the clothes colors.

it turns out that he's good at stopping mobile QBs who can't throw that well, but godawful at everything else!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

curried lamb of God posted:

it turns out that he's good at stopping mobile QBs who can't throw that well, but godawful at everything else!

You say that now, but I remember this against the triple option:

why yes, we did need two deep safeties in case they decided to throw every play.

This was also an immediate TD:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in how he's doing in his 3rd season. The guy's a legit good coach, but Tulane is a hard place to win.

There are other schools with the academic requirements of Tulane that have winning seasons and are in worse recruiting regions. If the season doesn't turn around it will be 3 losing seasons in a row. A legit good coach should at least get them to .500 within their first 3 years.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spacebump posted:

There are other schools with the academic requirements of Tulane that have winning seasons and are in worse recruiting regions. If the season doesn't turn around it will be 3 losing seasons in a row. A legit good coach should at least get them to .500 within their first 3 years.

Just trying to look bad to sucker the cowardly Tigers of LSU into playing them, Im sure.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Just trying to look bad to sucker the cowardly Tigers of LSU into playing them, Im sure.

Sadly those cowards won't fall for it. They know Tigers drown in Green Waves.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

next week is kind of interesting, theres not really much in terms of huge ranked on ranked games,but a lot of ranked teams are facing solid tests, a lot away from home too. Feel like it could be a very upsetty weekend as some teams who've been beating up cupcakes get exposed.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Komet posted:

Was the cupboard really that bare at UCLA? Because Chip Kelly is off to a terrible start. Even worse than Scott Frost.

I once heard that Westwood is where high school all americans go to get soft..... I don't know if that's true, but I live in Westwood and I'm soft so there's that....

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

G-Hawk posted:

next week is kind of interesting, theres not really much in terms of huge ranked on ranked games,but a lot of ranked teams are facing solid tests, a lot away from home too. Feel like it could be a very upsetty weekend as some teams who've been beating up cupcakes get exposed.

god i cant wait to loving curbstomp aggy

there aint gonna be no moral victory because we're going to loving vaporize you

fake army motherfuckers

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i just watched part of urban meyer's interview on sportscenter and lol what a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't even want to watch our conference games.

• Locked thread