Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

That was Stanley Wilson's defense in 1989

That was Jahvid Best in 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

shirts and skins posted:

Hahahahaha

My favorite team, the Seattle Seahawks, are 2-2, and

They

loving

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

watching them sucks and isn't fun. i hate Schottenheimer more than anything. russ looks like poo poo under his garbage o

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
3-1 with a three game winning streak and on top of the NFC South.

A much better way to start the season than the last few years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

3-1 with a three game winning streak and on top of the NFC South.

A much better way to start the season than the last few years.

Hey last year was neat being the first team to start 0-2 and make the playoffs in like 20 years

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vhak lord of hate posted:

watching them sucks and isn't fun. i hate Schottenheimer more than anything. russ looks like poo poo under his garbage o

The fact that Schottenheimer is still employed is an insult to anyone who has ever held a job

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers looked pretty lovely for the first quarter and a half before really taking off. San Francisco has a decent front 7 but their secondary kind of sucks, and once Rivers got settled down he picked 'em apart.

The defense's regression, however, is still very noticable. I feel like if Garropolo was healthy the Chargers probably would've lost this game because good lord, they couldn't get off the field to save their lives in the first half. Derwin continues to be a bright spot on an otherwise struggling unit.

Oh well, a win's a win.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Barudak posted:

The fact that Schottenheimer is still employed is an insult to anyone who has ever held a job

It's nepotism of the worst order, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just stop watching this year so I'm not infuriated by how idiotic the offensive design is.

Like, it the team just had no talent that'd be one thing, but they're squandering great players with poo poo coaching, and it's not going to get better.

Also Earl is hurt and mouthbreathers will gargle Allen's balls about Earl "signing a contract, bro" and everything sucks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm so glad we traded Josh Gordon. The smart thing to do was to roll out this garbage fire of a receiving corps.

We've already broken Baker.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I haven’t been that mad at an Eagles game in a long goddamn time and it feels bad man. I’m glad to have Wentz back and he looks mostly good but boy I don’t know what this team is right now. Sproles and Clement are sorely missed, the o-line let Carson get hit all drat day, and the secondary was just a trash fire of playing soft and blowing coverage. I don’t know what Jim Schwartz is doing but his schemes aren’t working with the talent we have.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Best ref call tonight against the Seahawks: "false start, everyone but the center".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/NickyBeaster/status/1046534441114521600

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Earl is dead, Will Dissly is seriously hurt, but we barely beat the lovely Cards so I guess we got that going :suicide:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Same

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Don't end your holdout without a contract, kids

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Here's hoping the NFL is this stupid next off-season with safety value so your my team can sign him for a song.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Earl Thomas come to the Rams

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Earl is dead, Will Dissly is seriously hurt, but we barely beat the lovely Cards so I guess we got that going :suicide:

I loving hate Glendale

Every god drat year some new form of poo poo in that place

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah the Hawks hosed Thomas over real bad. gently caress them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

gently caress this team burn it all down

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
listen, i want to talk about andey dalton

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oakland still sucks

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
come to new jersey, justin herbert. he says as dave gettleman leaps at maga chud nick bosa

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Imagine being an NFL ref and thinking “You know who I need to gently caress over? The Browns.”

Just imagine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FizFashizzle posted:

oakland still sucks

They needed the refs twice and still almost lost

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

listen, i want to talk about andey dalton

I’m listening

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

how do you feel about your teams execution?

I'm all for it

quote:

"Based on that game today, we couldn't make enough changes," Koetter said after the Buccaneers' 48-10 loss to the Chicago Bears. "We should fire every person that was on that field today, starting with me. That was horrific."

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oakland uh......well.........I mean............uhh good job...?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

hue jackson should never be allowed to do anything ever

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Congrats on beatin the Browns

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

CharlestheHammer posted:

They needed the refs twice and still almost lost

Three times.

Carr not-a-fumble
Horrific first down overturn
Missed blatant block in the back on the 20 yard punt return (seriously try to find video it's horrific)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mst3kmann posted:

Imagine being an NFL ref and thinking “You know who I need to gently caress over? The Browns.”

Just imagine.

There's going to be a team in London.

That's easy as hell to believe with an owner being made fun of for paying a lovely coach they're trying to make a poster boy 100mil

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Well the Browns got completely hosed over by that 4th and short call that was obviously a 1st down.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I might be done watching for a bit. It's been a while since I actually thought the refs/NFL fixed a game, but I sincerely feel it today. I've said it halfassedly before out of emotion, but it's really hard to watch the end of the 4th and not feel jobbed. Especially the "spot" call. I feel they tried to place it short but close, realized they didn't make it short enough and used the review as an excuse.

I don't think they are cheating to win/lose games but force exciting conclusions like last minute combacks and overtime.

I might be overreacting, but I've never sincerely felt like the refs cheated before watching this game. I've felt the tinge of it before, but not like this.

I'm an idiot though so I'll be back next week.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The Carr fumble was terrible in that the refs should always let the play go if it is questionable as they'll review it anyway if it's a turnover. That poo poo affects games much more.

Also, Rodgers got tackled the same way as Cousins last week (but without the ball I think), no call. This roughing poo poo is not consistent at all. It's like the NFL is conditioning the fans to accept lovely calls as they slowly nudge games in one direction or another.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/richeisenshow/status/1046499451676704768?s=21

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

Well the Browns got completely hosed over by that 4th and short call that was obviously a 1st down.

We could have pushed the pile anyway, we should have.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Team sucks but Rosen looks good. There is hope. 12-4 starts now! Maybe sign a kicker that isn’t the oldest in the league.

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

I particularly liked the line in commentary about the officials getting most of the calls right

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
man. The all-white Saints unis with the gold number look sweet as all hell.

EDIT: not helmets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Flikken posted:

We could have pushed the pile anyway, we should have.

We should have gone for it on 4th and inches anyway. I don’t care where the ball is, just do it.

• Locked thread