Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nurge posted:

Probably some sort of a murder-suicide pact since neither of us wants to be here.

This isn't how it works at all.

nice self own u dirty bitchj :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I mean presumably we just go kill replicants together

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
Change my passwords.

Does the clone know he’s a clone or is he finding out at the same time I am?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

squid pro quo posted:

Change my passwords.

The real question you're going to have to ask, is are you the clone or are they?

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018

5er posted:

The real question you're going to have to ask, is are you the clone or are they?

If I have the scars I got from growing up then I’m the original.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

squid pro quo posted:

Change my passwords.

since you share same memory bank from point when you fell asleep. it doesn't matter now, is it?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i made a deal with myself that if i was ever able to duplicate myself i would be cooperative with the clones and treat them as equals. this is mostly because i assume i would be able to upload my brain into a digital form at some point in the future (in which case i could just hit copy/paste to make additional Rutibex).

because the clones would have my values they would feel the same way. we would form a gang and try to commit crimes for out collective benefit.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
PISS UP EACH OTHERS BUTTHOLES!!!!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I have put a lot of thought into this one and my initial reaction is always swift murder of the copy.

There is not enough room in my bed for 3 people, and I am also not down with sharing my wife.

Problem is, if that's my go to, it's going to be the same for the copy. Gonna be a real nasty fight.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
You think you could kill your copy, but if they’re a pure duplicate with the same intelligence and awareness it would be a very dangerous fight that could end up with you dead and your wife cucked into eternity. Best to just 69 and split the work week together.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think the trick to beating your doppelganger is to be suicidally depressed. Idk if it would matter if you win or not though :shrug:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd have a great time with me and myself getting drunk. Then we'd watch something like Deadpool or Evil Dead 2. After that it gets a bit awkward when we give each other a handjibber.
I have no idea what we would do the next day.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

my poo poo clone can go do mu job while i jo at home

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Make him do errands / homework / massage the wife while I play call of duty 4

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Make him do errands / homework / massage the wife while I play call of duty 4

what makes you think he would comply? would you comply?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Let him kill me so I can die without disappointing my family.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Goddamn false premise. As if I could be friends with someone named Tyler.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

The Butcher posted:

I have put a lot of thought into this one and my initial reaction is always swift murder of the copy.

There is not enough room in my bed for 3 people, and I am also not down with sharing my wife.

Problem is, if that's my go to, it's going to be the same for the copy. Gonna be a real nasty fight.

The Solaris remake was pretty wild

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

El_Elegante posted:

The Solaris remake was pretty wild

It was good, but not as good as the original.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Farting competition.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Aydjile posted:

what makes you think he would comply? would you comply?
I would keep him in the attic with shackles and whip him when he disobeys. Once his spirit is sufficiently broken it will be easy sailing.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
we'd probably both kill ourselves

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
We would be twin bros and hang out together and one of us would have to change his name to something else.

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018

Aydjile posted:

since you share same memory bank from point when you fell asleep. it doesn't matter now, is it?

One of us has a few scars and injuries that the clone wouldn’t. Unless they somehow decided to replicate my injuries with him, which seems cruel.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

squid pro quo posted:

One of us has a few scars and injuries that the clone wouldn’t. Unless they somehow decided to replicate my injuries with him, which seems cruel.

i don't think its a "clone" in the traditional sense. a clone wouldn't have your memories. its more like that transporter accident that duplicated Riker in TNG

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018

Rutibex posted:

i don't think its a "clone" in the traditional sense. a clone wouldn't have your memories. its more like that transporter accident that duplicated Riker in TNG

A transporter is a cloning machine on one end and a murder machine on the other.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
remember that movie Multiplicity? where a guy has a bunch of clones made out of himself, but they set the cloning machine to low res and they all turned out retarded or something?

what a great movie

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I would eat them to gain their power.

There can be only one.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Marry gently caress and kill in any order

stump collector
May 28, 2007

squid pro quo posted:

A transporter is a cloning machine on one end and a murder machine on the other.

I must have fell asleep during the epilogue but the sequels did not clear this up for me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Would it be considered incest or masturbation when we boned?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Would it be considered incest or masturbation when we boned?

both

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Aydjile posted:

So, you rich and duchebag friend Tyler decided it would be funny to steal your DNA and use it to make an clone of you and then uploaded your memories (he scanned your brain when you where drunk and passed out) into the clone. And now at your birthday party he presents "you" similar and every possible way. Tyler even bought similar style of clothing for him. Now there there is two of you standing in the room surrounded by shocked and laughing people.
What you gonna do next?

I will beat Tyler into a living death for this lack of respect and violation of my privacy. The clone will participate I guess.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Finally take a good look at what my butthole looks like.

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

Pug Rodeo posted:

Finally take a good look at what my butthole looks like.

can't you just use webcam and twitch?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Aydjile posted:

Most have image stabilising now days

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

squid pro quo posted:

We would be twin bros and hang out together and one of us would have to change his name to something else.

Tried it, you just end up living together at the age of 31 and being incapable of maintaining a long term intimate relationship because your twin thing crowds out the potential for the kind of bond you need for one of those

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Yay someone to play board games with. :unsmith:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
give him a hug. ask him if he's okay.
he'd never admit it if he wasn't
but the hug will help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Aydjile posted:

Nope. No pixelation for me. I need the ultimate high definition that only real life can provide.