Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/CampbellxEmma/status/1068252459586514944

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

My gut instinct is to be repulsed at this and I'm not sure why, so now I'm intrigued.

Fruit infused IPAs are the big thing at the moment. People are putting mango puree in beers and poo poo. Some of them are actually really nice. At the moment some big Tescos have Vocation's blueberry waffle stout - give one a go if you see 'em, they're amazing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Fruit infused IPAs are the big thing at the moment.

That sounds revolting

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Fruit infused IPAs are the big thing at the moment. People are putting mango puree in beers and poo poo. Some of them are actually really nice. At the moment some big Tescos have Vocation's blueberry waffle stout - give one a go if you see 'em, they're amazing.

Yeah, the vocation Collab waffle stout is decent, very light for a stout.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TheRat posted:

That sounds revolting

No, to the contrary.

Fruity IPAs are good. If I never drink a pint of bland generic piss beer in my life again, it will have been a good life

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
I've rebelled against this IPA fruit madness by making and drinking nothing but stouts, porters, and bitters.

Got a keg of homebrewed coconut stout sitting in my garage right now that is favored to win a competition next weekend.

Well that's my beer story UKMT thanks for reading.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

I hope there were people yelling good standard swearwords as well because they're not going to know what either of those things mean. If they ask anyone accompanying what they mean they'll probably be told they were shouting up the royals and that tiocfaidh ár lá is Irish for WE LOVE U :sparkles:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Fruit+alcohol=cider you bakas

E: UNLESS IT'S WINE

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Don't even know where to begin with this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Twiglets can get to gently caress and if you like them so can you :colbert:

Rarity, let me preface by saying that you are good people.

You were wrong about Earthquake being bad and you are wrong now about Twiglets being bad. But on the plus-side, more Twiglets for me.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Technically he is correct.
It will allow the UK to ask for trade deals.
It does not mean that the other side will accept or complete them.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

mehall posted:

Yeah, the vocation Collab waffle stout is decent, very light for a stout.

It's really, really drinkable, and I'm not usually a stout person at all. I'm not quite sure how Vocation can turn out the beers they do at the prices they charge, but I'm definitely not complaining. Their Yakima Pilsner is lovely too.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

communism bitch posted:

Schnapps, also. Cointreau (good in hot choc).

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TheRat posted:

That sounds revolting

sirop in lager has been a thing in northern france at least for ages, when I busked through there pubs usually had 10-20 options on the bar

it actually makes even the lovely export lagers like krone quite nice

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
IPAs are overrated rubbish imo, especially modern hipster varieties. More hops =/= better. I just always feel bloated and gross afterwards which isn't great when you're trying to get your drink on. Wine is where it's at, only it's a poor choice for me on a night out as I drink at the same pace as I do with beer which ends poorly.

communism bitch posted:

Wine is just strong cider when you get down to it

E:the absolute best beers are those Belgian ones that are like 10% and taste of vinegar. Not even kidding. Rodenbach/duchesse de Bourgogne are a bit pricy and definitely an acquired taste but gently caress me if they aren't the most delicious drinks on the planet.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 1, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Give me gin or give me death

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Once all the food standards are gone you can have both.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Rarity, let me preface by saying that you are good people.

You were wrong about Earthquake being bad and you are wrong now about Twiglets being bad. But on the plus-side, more Twiglets for me.

Earthquake is fat cause he ate a load of twiglets and also he sucks :colbert:

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
Some 'Believe in Brexit' nutters in Exeter town centre today. Trying to piggy back off the magic of believing in Santa Clause perhaps.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

mycomancy posted:

I've rebelled against this IPA fruit madness by making and drinking nothing but stouts, porters, and bitters.

Got a keg of homebrewed coconut stout sitting in my garage right now that is favored to win a competition next weekend.

Well that's my beer story UKMT thanks for reading.

Good man. I'm right there with you though unfortunately at three times the price.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Trying to imagine what a coconut stout takes like, and all Im getting is DOES_NOT_COMPUTE

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

EvilGenius posted:

Some 'Believe in Brexit' nutters in Exeter town centre today. Trying to piggy back off the magic of believing in Santa Clause perhaps.
Hmm.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Oh for gently caress's sake. I know he's a melt but surely 2 seconds of thought would reveal how incredibly dumb this idea is.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1068836887891255296?s=19

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
If they hadn't chosen to strangle the economy for a decade then you could hire people and train them and pay them wages instead. Imagine that.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

ThomasPaine posted:

IPAs are overrated rubbish imo, especially modern hipster varieties. More hops =/= better. I just always feel bloated and gross afterwards which isn't great when you're trying to get your drink on.

This is how I feel about it too. If I wanted to taste that much hops I'd just eat loving hops. "Classic" IPAs without any of the recent hipster nonsense like "triple dark IPAs" (it's loving PALE ale, not dark) are fine. Nice and drinkable.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They should go back to doing ales with simulating herbs in instead of hops.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Guavanaut posted:

Unironically agree

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

A couple of UK brewers do make gruit ales every so often

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There was a bit of a cider revival in pubs and you could go beyond Thatchers and Magners but then people realised you could market Kiwi and Lime alcopops as trendy cider and now it’s all that’s left bar a Strongbow tap. The worst possible timeline.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Also there's a while craft mead thing now that kicked into gear a couple of years ago

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Total Meatlove posted:

There was a bit of a cider revival in pubs and you could go beyond Thatchers and Magners but then people realised you could market Kiwi and Lime alcopops as trendy cider and now it’s all that’s left bar a Strongbow tap. The worst possible timeline.

Move to Bristol, we've got all the ciders here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also that should have been stimulating herbs, loving autocorrect. But all the good ones are banned :(

Simulated herbs could be good too, but I think the PSA banned all those.

Total Meatlove posted:

There was a bit of a cider revival in pubs and you could go beyond Thatchers
Everyone knows the best cider is Thatcher's Dead.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Kate Osamor has resigned from the shadow cabinet after telling a times journo to gently caress off and that she should've brought a baseball bat if she'd known who it was harassing her.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1068896402871369728

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Lobster God posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. I know he's a melt but surely 2 seconds of thought would reveal how incredibly dumb this idea is.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1068836887891255296?s=19

What would thousands of untrained volunteers even do beyond maybe some car park litter picking? Because they suggest mentoring patients and being a courier for blood and I’m pretty sure that isn’t something any chancer can have a crack at

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fans posted:

What would thousands of untrained volunteers even do beyond maybe some car park litter picking? Because they suggest mentoring patients and I’m pretty sure that isn’t something any chancer can have a crack at
A couple of my friends volunteer doing laundry and stuff for hospitals.

On a personal level that's good, and donating labor is often more practical than donating money, but on a systemic level loving hell pay people the Big Society was bullshit by a man who fucks pigs.

Anything more than laundry and food and cleaning (which again should still all be paid for) is dumb as poo poo, brb going to volunteer as a radiology technician.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Total Meatlove posted:

There was a bit of a cider revival in pubs and you could go beyond Thatchers and Magners but then people realised you could market Kiwi and Lime alcopops as trendy cider and now it's all that's left bar a Strongbow tap. The worst possible timeline.

Magners Thatchers

I had one of them scandi cider things and then I looked at the sugar content and :eyepop:

lol called it, :airquote:debate:airquote:

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

English beer is largely water that has somehow managed to rot, and I for one welcome foreign invaders to the beer scene of these benighted isles.

Edit: this the smallest hill I will die on

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

I was in Exeter from 10:30 til 2. They had maybe 10 people holding placards with dumb slogans, and were handing out leaflets. People were broadly ignoring them or trying to avoid them.

Didn't know Katie was involved, I didn't see her.

Note that Exeter was one of the few constituencies in the South West that voted Remain, so it fits with Katie's professional troll ethos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Total Meatlove posted:

Strongbow is fine :shrug: